Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Philippe Coutinho (Inter)

Read 73321 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Inter)
      Reply #46: Jan 21, 2013 12:47:41 pm

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #47: Jan 21, 2013 12:50:12 pm
      I have mixed feelings about him, at one point he looked like a superstar in the making, though in some moments it felt like he could settle as just one of many would-bes Brazilian football produces.

I remember he was Vasco best player as a youngster before moving to Europe, but I had doubts about him back then, as for all the trickery and flair, I thought there wasn't enough productivity. However, he was too young then and playing for a very poor side (that would be relegated little after).

Then Rafa Benitez became Inter Milan manager and he seemed like he could realize his potential, after all, playing regularly and playing well, most of the time. Not sure of why he hasn't been given more chances by other Inter managers but I'm certain the club's instability in the last few seasons have affected his performances - it has affected the squad as a whole.

I hear he did great for Espanyol, and that's encouraging.

All in all, I'm not totally sold on him as yet, but see it with positivity. If Rodgers think he can get the best out of him, I'm all for it. We really need more attacking quality...

I respect your opinion on this Diego due to your knowledge of Brazilian players.  There are many reasons why a young players development stalls, it could be one small thing and it could be a combination of a lot of things.

He moved away from home very young, Rafa moved on early after signing him, the tactics may have changed, as Racer has pointed out, he's been injured.

Seeing how some of young players have improved I'd be quite happy with this signing, he's exactly the type of player we should be looking to get hold of.  Yes he's one for the future but he's still quality.

Does anyone know if he played in the Next.Gen series for Inter last season, or even this season?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #48: Jan 21, 2013 12:57:08 pm
      Finding it a bit difficult to get excited about another youngster to be honest, especially when people who've watched him more than me don't think he's that great.

Age is a number. Doesnt matter if he's 20 or 40 once he can do whatever job is asked of him.

People siad Gary Mac was too old, that went fine didnt it. People called for a 17 year old to come in and do a job for us (Sterling) hes done ok hasnt he. Joe Cole was "a good age" came in and done fook all.

Age matters not a jot. Its about the player having something the team needs and then going out and giving the team that something. Look at Luke Shore at Southampton, just turned 18 I believe people wouldnt mind him being signed im sure  in fact Id bet if he went to Arsenal or Spurs people would give out we weren't in for him.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #49: Jan 21, 2013 12:59:53 pm
      Isn't that what scouting is meant to do?

Reduce the risk?

Of course it is and how good have our scouts been to-date? On their track record, our scouts should be taken out and shot. You talk about balance and that is precisely the issue. Where is the balance in only ever signing players who might be great players in 3 or 4 years time at the expense of players who can help us kick on in the second half of this season and push for 4th place? I'm not against signing young players, I'm against signing any more "potential". I want us to sign proven, regardless of age. I'd rather we have a 20 year old signed who is electrifying his league, will play in the first team consistently and will help us push for that CL place, even if it cost us more money. Instead we're signing a 20 year old who has shown only brief flashes of potential. Tell me, where is the sense in that?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #50: Jan 21, 2013 01:06:18 pm
      Of course it is and how good have our scouts been to-date? On their track record, our scouts should be taken out and shot. You talk about balance and that is precisely the issue. Where is the balance in only ever signing players who might be great players in 3 or 4 years time at the expense of players who can help us kick on in the second half of this season and push for 4th place? I'm not against signing young players, I'm against signing any more "potential". I want us to sign proven, regardless of age. I'd rather we have a 20 year old signed who is electrifying his league, will play in the first team consistently and will help us push for that CL place, even if it cost us more money. Instead we're signing a 20 year old who has shown only brief flashes of potential. Tell me, where is the sense in that?

There is no guarantee that a 20 yrs old electrifying their League will be a first team regular and help push us up the League though mate, we also don't have the money to be buying ready made.   

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #51: Jan 21, 2013 01:11:46 pm
      There is no guarantee that a 20 yrs old electrifying their League will be a first team regular and help push us up the League though mate, we also don't have the money to be buying ready made.

According to Ian Ayre we do.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #52: Jan 21, 2013 01:12:20 pm

All we can do is hope that the manager gets who he wants...

The scouting side of the club has changed under Rodgers.. So we need to give them a chance to see what we can find.

I didn't say I was happy with the way we do business but it's how we do it so we have to accept it.

I'm fairly happy with the Coutinho signing personally
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #53: Jan 21, 2013 01:18:54 pm
      Why does everyone slate the scouting team, they are given criteria to follow from the management; effectively doing what they are told.

If we finish this transfer window with the signings of Sturridge, Coutinho and Ince; three players put forward by the scouts; I'm sure the majority of fans will be more than happy with the players they are finding.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #54: Jan 21, 2013 01:21:53 pm

Doesn't mean it's true though mate.  I'll believe him when we sign a big name player without already being in the CL.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #55: Jan 21, 2013 01:24:09 pm
      All I can say is if we are really targeting this kid then we need to GET IT DONE now. The one weakness we seem to have in the transfer window is waiting too long and letting something break down in the negotations/deal.

Offer what you are willing to pay and get the deal done or move on. We've got to get reinforcements in and the sooner the better.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #56: Jan 21, 2013 01:53:07 pm
      Doesn't mean it's true though mate.  I'll believe him when we sign a big name player without already being in the CL.

It doesn't mean it's not. But I agree with you that the credibility of FSG is starting to wear thin.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #57: Jan 21, 2013 01:59:47 pm
      Inter have discovered the possible replacement for Coutinho
      01/20/2013 16:26 by Mario Garau  Twitter:  @ MarioGarau  article read 12742 times
      Source: Corriere dello Sport
      Photo © Daniele Buffa / Sports Image

In case of departure of Coutinho, Inter could go find another player on the market with similar characteristics. The last name is that of Darko Zoric , attacking midfielder Celik Niksic FK: his is a track that is different confirmation. We will see in the coming days that will have implications affair.

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=104058

Pardon the google translate.
      Inter replacement lined up.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #58: Jan 21, 2013 02:02:11 pm
      Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri
      For all those asking about Coutinho,there is no evidence of a second bid from Liverpool.The first,8m €,was turned down because it was surely too low but also because Inter not keen at all about selling. So,probably,raising just few millions won't make change mind to Inter.About his level,maybe won't be great but surely he will be very good,but most of all his level of improvement still has no limits
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #59: Jan 21, 2013 02:05:07 pm
      So if Villa had a bid of 10 million plus add ons rejected, where are we going with an 8 million bid?
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #60: Jan 21, 2013 02:17:32 pm
      Who is Tancredi Palmer?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #61: Jan 21, 2013 02:20:17 pm

Itallian football correspondent. Works for the major names over there.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #62: Jan 21, 2013 02:29:44 pm
      I can't see us getting anywhere near Coutinho for 8 Million.
      It's exactly what Transfermarkt quote as his value, but players often go for much more than that, especially when it's an Italian player leaving.
      Now that Sneijder is gone there will be less of a need to sell.

That still doesn't give Coutinho a place in a 3-5-2, but I'd imagine 8 million to be laughed off by Inter.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #63: Jan 21, 2013 02:35:29 pm
      So if Villa had a bid of 10 million plus add ons rejected, where are we going with an 8 million bid?

when did Villa offer 10m? if its true then its very unprofessional of us to bid lower, being aware of that a higher bid was rejected.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #64: Jan 21, 2013 02:43:46 pm
      when did Villa offer 10m? if its true then its very unprofessional of us to bid lower, being aware of that a higher bid was rejected.

Would we know for sure that they had placed a bid and had it rejected? I mean isn't all of the news outlet transfer talk involving transfer bids typically hearsay or speculation?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #65: Jan 21, 2013 02:47:25 pm
      Would we know for sure that they had placed a bid and had it rejected? I mean isn't all of the news outlet transfer talk involving transfer bids typically hearsay or speculation?
      yeah could be but being a one of the biggest club in the England. I think Ayre of our scouts would have better sources to know what is going on with the clubs in England. Thats what i always has thought.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #66: Jan 21, 2013 02:50:47 pm
      yeah could be but being a one of the biggest club in the England. I think Ayre of our scouts would have better sources to know what is going on with the clubs in England. Thats what i always has thought.

Could be. I've always wondered though if there's a way to know that information or do they have to go on the same speculation as we all read.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #67: Jan 21, 2013 03:34:03 pm
      With lesser quality players in their squad, comparativley, it's not surprising they value him more, in their desperation to land him. We may have a different valuation structure, relative to the players we already have. A bit different to the days of Kenny. No sense in overpaying, we've been down that road far too often.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #68: Jan 21, 2013 05:10:28 pm
      Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague

Liverpool and Coutinho are hopeful it will happen.The player is very excited about move! Fee close to be agreed but not yet. Hope it happens

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague

Coutinho great talent,certainly worth £10m. And he is quick, special. Will take time to adapt but will offer magic straight away if he comes

Quick Reply