Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Shakhtar Donetsk > Borussia Dortmund)

Read 101065 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Shakhtar Donetsk)
      Reply #1081: Jul 08, 2013 12:01:29 am
      look my writing poor sorry,cant help lt lm slow
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1082: Jul 08, 2013 12:10:27 am
      look my writing poor sorry,cant help lt lm slow
      Have you ever heard of spell check , even if you tell me where you're living i'll go and help you with the F***ing thing . As long as it's not the Aran islands or some remote place like that .
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1083: Jul 08, 2013 12:24:59 am
      How do you know we're still even after him mate? I haven't heard the club say anything, we might of swerved him last week.
      We could have dropped the chase and I suppose we'll never know what happened . We're been fed bits and pieces of info adding 2+2 together and coming up with 5 , it's the madness of transfer window.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #1084: Jul 08, 2013 08:36:54 am
      Losing out on Henrikh is not the end of the world now is it?

Its not like we just missed out on Lionel Messi.

I only saw him play against Chelsea in the champions league so i'm no expert but he didn't
      look like a ÂŁ30 mill player to me

We could get a couple of great midfielders for what we were going to spend on him Eriksen & Wanyama

Great proactive mid & a great reactive mid & for about the same in wages..
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1085: Jul 08, 2013 11:07:10 am
      Totally agree with you about Coutinho, very surprised we seemed to be trying to buy a 10 player as it seems obvious to me that Coutinho is born for that role. His through balls and vision are of the highest standard I've seen at the club for a very long time and the 10 role is where we'd get the most benefit from his strongest talent.

I highlighted the above point though as I totally agree with this, granted Gerrard had an exceptional season in the end and some were very happy to vote for him as player of the year after a slow start. After Stevie G though the depth in the squad for those 2 positions becomes quite thin and I believe Brendan may fall into the trap of having too much faith in Joe Allen, expecting him to show the form of his first few matches for a longer period this season. If this faith is misplaced then we could quite easily become unstuck and if we start many matches with a midfield trio including Henderson and Allen then, as witnessed a few times last season, we'll be bullied constantly.

The problem Brendan may have in addressing this point would be that buying someone in would show his faith in Joe Allen isn't as strong as he has professed so I actually feel we wont buy someone in this position and that could be quite a crucial mistake when the points are tallied.
      I'd like to see Suso given a go in that role if Gerrard and Coutinho were both unavailable. Big season coming up for the kid in my opinion.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #1086: Jul 08, 2013 12:27:36 pm
      I thought he was going to Dortmund because he wants to play Champions League Football.

Have things moved on or was it just the usual paper speculation when there is no real football news to talk about? ???
      The Echo reporting that a fee has been agreed and he will be announced officially after his medical in the next 72 hours.  They're only quoting 2 different news sources in Russia though.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-transfer-rumour-mill-4799477
      I'd go more of a definite definite mate.  I've felt all along that we'd get him  ;)

No so definite and not even a maybe then Debs?

I think this is the first fallout from failing to qualify for the Champions league last season.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1087: Jul 08, 2013 12:44:17 pm

I think this is the first fallout from failing to qualify for the Champions league last season.

That does seem a massive over-reaction in the context of not signing what many consider an over-priced, over-hyped player.
      We move on.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1088: Jul 08, 2013 01:06:01 pm
      well looking at spurs froum, their saying if we end up not geting these guy and luis is sold, we write off liverpool top 4 nextseason cu*ts cant stand spurs
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1089: Jul 08, 2013 01:16:30 pm
      No so definite and not even a maybe then Debs?

Not so definite after all mate. 

If it is a fallout and he was, as everybody was reporting, our main transfer target for the summer then hopefully it'll make our owners realise that without real investment, rather than sell to buy and wage cutting, is having a detrimental effect on how we progress.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #1090: Jul 08, 2013 01:22:29 pm

But..but ..but.. winning the Carling Cup was more important for the club than finishing fourth according to everyone in the Kenny thread. 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1091: Jul 08, 2013 01:31:44 pm
      But..but ..but.. winning the Carling Cup was more important for the club than finishing fourth according to everyone in the Kenny thread. 

Tut, tut for trying to twist peoples words. 

I and many other could follow this by reminding you we failed to even challenge for honours, or qualification for any sort of European competition under our current boss but that would be a tad ungracious, don't you think  :roll:
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #1092: Jul 08, 2013 01:51:47 pm
      Tut, tut for trying to twist peoples words. 

I and many other could follow this by reminding you we failed to even challenge for honours, or qualification for any sort of European competition under our current boss but that would be a tad ungracious, don't you think  :roll:

Missing the point mate.

Most fans on here are optimistic we will challenge for a European place this season despite the comparatively meagre resources we have spent compared to Kenny - we have actually progressed as a team.

Not the case at the end of last season was it?

If at the end of this season we have not made further progress the manager's position has to come into question - whether it's Brendan or anyone else.

I could just as easily point out that a narrow win against a Championship side in a competition no-one else really took seriously was poor reward for smashing the British transfer record and spending a hundred million pounds but that would be ungracious too.

We need to recognise how crucial our participation in the top level of competitions is to the future of the club.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #1093: Jul 08, 2013 02:19:56 pm
      Carlos you don't know what you're talking about kid..
      All fans on here are optimistic about us challenging for europe
      Just like they were when Kenny was in charge nothing has changed there pal
      Your assertion that the Carling cup was a competition that no one else took seriously
      is also seriously flawed my friend

From what i remember we beat a full strenght Chelsea team in the quarters then beat
      a seriously strong Man City in a 2 legged semi..
      As i recall they took it seriously my friend as did Stoke & Brighton..

If you want to c**t Kenny off get your facts right first ok..
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1094: Jul 08, 2013 03:15:54 pm
      Think this thread can be closed now he is gone to borussia

Samuel Rodriguez‏@Samcenafcb3m
      BREAKING:"Armenian international Henrikh Mkhitaryan has Officially signed for Borussia Dortmund"[sky] 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1095: Jul 08, 2013 03:20:03 pm

BREAKING:"Armenian international Henrikh Mkhitaryan has Officially signed for Borussia Dortmund"[sky] 

Dead in the water.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1096: Jul 08, 2013 03:40:19 pm
      Not so definite after all mate. 

If it is a fallout and he was, as everybody was reporting, our main transfer target for the summer then hopefully it'll make our owners realise that without real investment, rather than sell to buy and wage cutting, is having a detrimental effect on how we progress.

Doesn't sound like money was the issue, it was a lack of ability to work with his agent.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1097: Jul 08, 2013 03:51:35 pm
      Doesn't sound like money was the issue, it was a lack of ability to work with his agent.

Read what I responded to mate before commenting.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1098: Jul 08, 2013 03:57:47 pm

Sounds like the player and/or his agent didn't want to come to LFC. End of story.
       Lock it up mods, if you'll excuse my presumption
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #1099: Jul 08, 2013 03:59:51 pm
      Take it easy there, Mr Oxford. Maybe english is not his first language. You are kind of being the complete tool here.
      I reckon this guy, "Ireland" is deaf, I know a lot of older ( mid 30's onwards) deaf people who are not good at grammar & other forms of literacy as their teachers didn't have the patience in the schools for deaf kids.
      They were taught basis English & used read/write books with them in their exams, a lot of them gave up & became self taught by reading newspapers, books etc while a minority have gone to do well for themselves.

Just give this guy a break as he is contributing the best he can...maybe help him with grammar rather deride him!
      Bier
      Reply #1100: Jul 08, 2013 04:00:10 pm
      Raiola pulled a similar thing with Assaidi last season, Assaidi was supposed to go to Ajax, but suddenly he was off to us. Only this time we drew the short stick.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1101: Jul 08, 2013 04:05:25 pm

Nooo, they've done this too soon! I was relying on this being the Villa /  Silva / Mata / Aguero / Dempsey / Sigurdsson thread for the summer. Now we're going to have to find a new rumour to get our hopes up over!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1102: Jul 08, 2013 04:07:07 pm
      Balls. Really good signing by Dortmund to replace Gotze with Mkhitaryan. Wish it could have been us....

http://www.bundesliga.com/en/liga/news/2012/0000260040.php
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1103: Jul 08, 2013 04:09:22 pm
      I reckon this guy, "Ireland" is deaf, I know a lot of older ( mid 30's onwards) deaf people who are not good at grammar & other forms of literacy as their teachers didn't have the patience in the schools for deaf kids.
      They were taught basis English & used read/write books with them in their exams, a lot of them gave up & became self taught by reading newspapers, books etc while a minority have gone to do well for themselves.

Just give this guy a break as he is contributing the best he can...maybe help him with grammar rather deride him!

The lad has not put anything forward of that nature, if that were the case obviously allowances would be made without reservation.
      With the dickheads and wums trying their hand on the forum it's hard to differentiate between them and somebody who is indeed challenged.

Quick Reply