Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Simon Mignolet Player Thread: > Club Bruges

Read 315128 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Simon Mignolet Player Thread
      Reply #2047: Apr 24, 2016 01:11:18 am
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2048: Apr 24, 2016 01:14:30 am
      Don't worry, he'll have a couple of half decent games now and everyone will be back to saying "oh he's turned a corner, think he'll do better next season" etc etc.

Well that's rubbish because I don't particularly remember anyone saying that when he turned in a couple of decent performances a few weeks ago.

I mean we still had people thinking Stewart Downing was going to come good before we sold him.

I don't remember anyone saying he would come good either. His biggest assist was helping get Kenny sacked.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2049: Apr 24, 2016 08:05:26 am
      Notably knocked the wind out of our sails with his howler yesterday. There's a big picture to take into account that isn't just him making a mistake. These guys have trained together for a collection of games that has seen our outfield players go out and destroy Everton 4-0 without even allowing Mig's goal to be shot at. The outfield players have then gone and done their job again and got us 2-0 up against Newcastle with them looking flat and us in cruise mode. And then Mig gets asked to do a very basic task and fucks it up big style. Newcastle get their lift from the gift whilst our players are knocked for six in the knowledge that no matter how well they may do the job that they are supposed to do, there is a keeper there that will more than likely not do his basics and undo their good work.

He's got a new contract and he's been backed by the manager, yes. I wouldn't read into that too much, though. The potential new keeper required was probably unavailable mid season so huge votes of confidence and acts of public praising were bound to happen as the manager had to invest in his current Number 1.

I'd be astounded and also very surprised with the manager if he was our Number 1 come August.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #2050: Apr 24, 2016 09:57:42 am
      Well if you have aspirations of winning the league a new goalkeeper is / should be first on the list he is just prone to too many fck ups .
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2051: Apr 24, 2016 10:19:17 am
      We obviously aren't privy to the contents of his 'new' contract but Simon is purported to have been rewarded £60k, a week, until 2021.

On current form there aren't going to be many teams willing to come close to the amount we pay him. Like many other high earners, in the past, who were underperforming, he might be hard to move on. Unless we take a hit on yet another failed gamble experiment, of course. :-\

Listen; Jürgen obviously likes the lad; he must see something - maybe, if we can't sell Simon, Jürgen can bring that something out. 
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #2052: Apr 24, 2016 10:52:32 am
      May as well bite the bullet for the rest of the season. Hope he will continually disappoint Klopp and everyone associated with the club from now till the end of the season. Just so everyone will work towards pushing him out of the club.

Please continue to let Klopp down and play your way out of here. I beg you.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2053: Apr 24, 2016 10:57:17 am
      Hope he will continually disappoint Klopp and everyone associated with the club from now till the end of the season.
      F**k me lad... NO, NO, NO just... NO.  :o

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #2054: Apr 24, 2016 11:01:17 am
      F**k me lad... NO, NO, NO just... NO.  :o

What would you suggest? I'm that desperate. Not that I want us to lose.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2055: Apr 24, 2016 11:18:35 am
      Don't worry, he'll have a couple of half decent games now and everyone will be back to saying "oh he's turned a corner, think he'll do better next season" etc etc.

A lot of people have very short memories.  He will make an incredible save next game and everyone will be calling him underrated and that they knew he'd come good blah blah blah.

I mean we still had people thinking Stewart Downing was going to come good before we sold him.

I keep noticing the same to be honest.

He's very much like an even shi**er Dudek. Can make some very good reaction saves for a few weeks in a row however can never be trusted as a number one. He never steps up when it matters. Poor welshred must wish he could remove that topic from the list of things he's typed, gets more embarrassing by the second.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2056: Apr 24, 2016 11:33:21 am
      What would you suggest? I'm that desperate.
      Well if your gonna use up one of your 'wishes' what about you try something like "I hope he keeps a clean sheet in every game he plays for Liverpool". Then if the good fairy/God/Santy Claus listens something good will happen. Wishing ill on the lad is just wrong (IMO).  ;)

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2057: Apr 24, 2016 11:57:30 am
      I've a hunch Jürgen might surprise us before long. Mignolet to lose his number one slot, I betcha it's very close.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2058: Apr 24, 2016 11:59:31 am
      I've a hunch Jürgen might surprise us before long. Mignolet to lose his number one slot, I betcha it's very close.

Seems like a sensible prediction considering we're approaching the summer window.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2059: Apr 24, 2016 12:34:23 pm
      You know what?

Jürgen strikes me as a man of integrity; the sort of man who would be big enough to admit that he got it wrong by rewarding Simon with a new contract and pay-rise - so you may well be right Mick. [Assuming that we buy into the notion that Jürgen is in "full control of transfers and all squad matters" and the contract was his idea, of course.]
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2060: Apr 24, 2016 12:49:31 pm

Is that before seasons end mate or during the summer?
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #2061: Apr 24, 2016 01:51:19 pm
      I had almost forgotten how S××T Migs is with our great current form, where he has had very little to do, except pick the ball out of the net occasionally, and yesterday was a prime example why we all think he has to go (except our mate Barney, of course) nothing to do all game, except his terrible kick outs and hesitant throws, then Bosch he misses a cross one again, and even for the second goal his reaction wasnt great, pretty sure De Gea would have comfortably reacted in time, absolute joke!!!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2062: Apr 24, 2016 03:12:30 pm
      Is that before seasons end mate or during the summer?

Thursday is my prediction Debs. If we are allowed to pick Ward (and I've no idea TBH if he is in our "squad") then I've a feeling he plays on Thursday. If it's Bogdan who's the reserve goalie, Migs will survive the cut.

Sorry to the posters who said "well considering the Summer window is coming" etc as I didn't make it clear. I think Mignolet will be dropped not rested if we can wedge in Ward. 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2063: Apr 24, 2016 05:37:51 pm
      Thursday is my prediction Debs. If we are allowed to pick Ward (and I've no idea TBH if he is in our "squad") then I've a feeling he plays on Thursday. If it's Bogdan who's the reserve goalie, Migs will survive the cut.

Sorry to the posters who said "well considering the Summer window is coming" etc as I didn't make it clear. I think Mignolet will be dropped not rested if we can wedge in Ward. 

Only Migs and Danny are available.  Bogdan wasn't registered and Shamal George who is the 3rd keeper is out for the season after a bad injury and has only just turned 18.

I'd be amazed if Danny was thrown in for a European semi final though mate as bad as Migs can be.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2064: Apr 24, 2016 05:43:06 pm
      Only Migs and Danny are available.  Bogdan wasn't registered and Shamal George who is the 3rd keeper is out for the season after a bad injury and has only just turned 18.

I'd be amazed if Danny was thrown in for a European semi final though mate as bad as Migs can be.

It'd be out there Debs and a massive call from Jürgen, but I've a hunch he might do it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2065: Apr 24, 2016 05:46:53 pm
      It'd be out there Debs and a massive call from Jürgen, but I've a hunch he might do it.

I guess it depends how he reacts in training but at least I won't have to watch as I'll be out in the sticks again for both games.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #2066: Apr 24, 2016 05:50:51 pm

Don't be silly or he would of done it against Dortmund.

Mig will start on Thursday
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #2067: Apr 24, 2016 05:52:49 pm

Jürgen would need balls of steel to make that call mate! If he does I certainly won't be moaning if it goes tits up, but I think experience will win the day for Migs.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2068: Apr 24, 2016 05:59:34 pm
      Jürgen would need balls of steel to make that call mate! If he does I certainly won't be moaning if it goes tits up, but I think experience will win the day for Migs.

That's the thing though S@int and I ask this question is all sensibility. How badly would it have to go tits up for us all to conclude that it WAS actually a bad call? I mean just about ANY mistake Ward could make has probably already been made by Migs over the last six months. I suppose the answer to the question is "Bogdan" tits up, but I can't believe Ward can be that bad.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #2069: Apr 24, 2016 06:09:34 pm
      That's the thing though S@int and I ask this question is all sensibility. How badly would it have to go tits up for us all to conclude that it WAS actually a bad call? I mean just about ANY mistake Ward could make has probably already been made by Migs over the last six months. I suppose the answer to the question is "Bogdan" tits up, but I can't believe Ward can be that bad.

A lot depends on Ward's character and we can only guess at that. Could he handle such a big game? I suppose if Migs was injured he would have to.

Whoever Jürgen decides to go with I think the best plan is to keep the ball as far away from our goal as possible :)

Honestly not sure who I would pick so ....if in doubt do nowt, but I do see your reasoning.

Quick Reply