Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      10 (5%)
      Johnson
      17 (8.5%)
      Enrique
      3 (1.5%)
      Agger
      3 (1.5%)
      Skrtel
      63 (31.5%)
      Lucas
      9 (4.5%)
      Henderson
      58 (29%)
      Gerrard
      10 (5%)
      Coutinho
      2 (1%)
      Aspas
      0 (0%)
      Sturridge
      25 (12.5%)
      Sterling (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Alberto (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Wisdom (Sub)
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Liverpool 1:0 Man Utd, In game and post match euphoria.

Read 41613 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Re: Liverpool 1:0 Man Utd, In game and post match euphoria.
      Reply #552: Sep 01, 2013 09:39:11 pm
      Just got back now, what a great fuc.....kin day! Shouted, screamed and sung meself hoarse and I sound like Chris Rea! Thank fook the students aren't back for another week coz I don't think I'll be able to say much tomorrow! I only get to fortress Anfield a few times a year but that's the best atmosphere in a good while for me, absolutely loved it! YNWA!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #553: Sep 01, 2013 09:48:12 pm
      Bought a programme before the game and left it sitting somewhere. Gutted as its a great edition. Loved Brendan's words about Shanks and the importance of fighting for the cause. Will have to buy another one over the next few days.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #554: Sep 01, 2013 09:50:38 pm
      Skrtel my MOTM.

To come in with practically no preparation and play as well as he did was fantastic.

Hendo and Enrique honorable mentions as well.

This for me mate, I was shi...tting it at the prospect of no Toure but Skrtel came in and was an absolute rock at the back, he didn't put a foot wrong. If that turns out to be his game in a the red shirt it's not a bad way to go out is it!

Lucas ran him close second, he was superb today, covered so much ground and read the game beautifully, in fact despite giving up possession for long spells Lucas and Stevie had the running of things in there for pretty much the whole game.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #555: Sep 01, 2013 09:52:07 pm
      Bought a programme before the game and left it sitting somewhere. Gutted as its a great edition. Loved Brendan's words about Shanks and the importance of fighting for the cause. Will have to buy another one over the next few days.

Yeah they did a great job with the front cover, I share an office with a goby many and the banter is usually pretty good so he will be finding a signed copy of it on his desk when he gets into work tomorrow.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #556: Sep 01, 2013 09:55:39 pm
      I just finished watching the match. Iwas living a bubble today, until I watched the match on DVR. What a match, what a win. I thought the MOTM for me was Mignolet. He made some incredible saves to keep us in it and he weathered a tough 2nd half. I also thought the crowd at Anfield was EPIC...I could feel the energy from here. They were loud the entire match, I never heard one Man U song, they were in it from start to the final whistle. They were fantastic.

Spurs lose which gives us a clear lead at the top of the table. Of the 3 matches this was by far the best. I did think the first 2 matches were ones we should of won regardless and this was our first true test to see if we are capable of being a top 4 side. We were shaky the 2nd half but never in trouble. They smothered the ball at every turn and it was apparant they were ready for United. I always knew that one day the Scum luck would run out. I really hope this is the start of a long and much deserved slide to oblivion.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #557: Sep 01, 2013 10:00:55 pm
       :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpool2xt1: :clap:Live Streams were sh*te for me today, the picture kept freezing so might as well have been listening to the radio! Hate defending a one nil lead, so nerve-racking
      I celebrated like it was a cup final though :-)
      Well done Brendan and the lads, you've made my work day less stressful tomorrow
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #558: Sep 01, 2013 10:04:02 pm
      I'm glad someone went for Enrique in the poll.

Skrtel just shaded it for me but Jose was a close second.

No better player in the league at shielding the ball.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #559: Sep 01, 2013 10:04:34 pm
      Get in!!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #560: Sep 01, 2013 10:05:42 pm
      Also, Great to see Skrtel back again, still rate him highly.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #561: Sep 01, 2013 10:07:15 pm
      Also forgot to give Jonno a mention for an EXCELLENT defensive performance today. That 50-50 tackle he had with Evra was bone crunching and roused the crowd near,y as much as the goal itself. He has taken some stick lately so he deserves real credit for the sort of defensive display he doesn't get associated with usually.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #562: Sep 01, 2013 10:09:38 pm
      Like MsG rightly says, what a day on the Kop that was today. Superb vibes! I only wish we could be more electric in other games.

I thought it was very noticeable today how the ego's are more prevalent in the Man U camp these days. Evra and Ferdinand looked like they were going through the motions at times. Van Persie looked like Torres when things weren't going his way. Moyes has a job on his hands, no doubt about it.

F**k them though. We done a great job. All reds working hard as a team. On the move all the time. Passing the ball with intent and urgency. That's how it should be done.

We haven't got a squad of great players, but we've got a team of honest players at the moment. The graft and passing is there. There's a great team spirit. That's how we've picked up full points. And that's down to our manager.

Well done reds. Made the people happy today. Great timing.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #563: Sep 01, 2013 10:15:23 pm
      Good point on them RK.

I picked up on Ferdinand in particular as he dwelled on the ball so long at times and had an arrogance he wasn't going to lose it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #564: Sep 01, 2013 10:19:49 pm
      Lucas is Boss, Skrtel is Boss, Sturridge is Boss and Mignolet is cool as F**k Boss.

Hope they keep Moyes for some time to come, cos with him in charge, their F***ing finished.

I love everyone on here tonight  :drinking:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #565: Sep 01, 2013 10:24:42 pm
      Like MsG rightly says, what a day on the Kop that was today. Superb vibes! I only wish we could be more electric in other games.

I thought it was very noticeable today how the ego's are more prevalent in the Man U camp these days. Evra and Ferdinand looked like they were going through the motions at times. Van Persie looked like Torres when things weren't going his way. Moyes has a job on his hands, no doubt about it.

F**k them though. We done a great job. All reds working hard as a team. On the move all the time. Passing the ball with intent and urgency. That's how it should be done.

We haven't got a squad of great players, but we've got a team of honest players at the moment. The graft and passing is there. There's a great team spirit. That's how we've picked up full points. And that's down to our manager.

Spot on that RK, thought they were close to self imploding and was a real picture of spitting the dummy out near the end. They could have easily finished with 10 or even 9 men. Was great to see them get so frustrated, meant our plan was working to a tee. Would have capped the result had Van Elbows walked for that dirty stamp at Agger. Stevie got him back later and even got the free-kick, was laughing at that one.

Was actually going to say it after the whistle, but these could be the ones we're knocking out of that top 4 come the end of the season and it would be a beautiful way to re-establish ourselves where we belong.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #566: Sep 01, 2013 10:27:06 pm
      Nice little stat for the geeks.

Liverpool are the only team in the whole of the football league not to have conceded a league goal this season.  Well done defense and well done Migs  :ernaehrung004:

Love you too HR :hug:
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #567: Sep 01, 2013 10:29:06 pm
      Excellent performance from Skrtel today - he really surprised me, but I know that class is permanent and that he has. He just needs to keep working hard because that display today was fantastic. Sakho, Toure, Agger and Llori will have to work even harder now, which only bring about good competition. Same goes for Enrique. Very proud of his performance, thought he was solid and made some crucial interceptions.

We are showing more maturity throughout the team and the spirit is clearly there. Working really hard as a unit - keep it up boys!
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #568: Sep 01, 2013 10:35:14 pm
      Excellent performance by the boys, absolutely over the moon! Aside from Van Persie's effort and Young's shot that was blocked by Johnson, I thought we contained them very well. Such a massive win and hopefully it will be the win that will spur our season on, such a shame that the shitty internationals had to come.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #569: Sep 01, 2013 10:36:49 pm
      Was actually going to say it after the whistle, but these could be the ones we're knocking out of that top 4 come the end of the season and it would be a beautiful way to re-establish ourselves where we belong.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest Luke.  They genuinely believe they deserved to walk the league last season and fergie leaving isn't going to effect them in the slightest.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #570: Sep 01, 2013 10:39:04 pm
      Didn't see the game, highlights, nothin. But F**k me, what a great 3 points !!!!!!!!! :)

Just can't stop staring at the table. Top. 9 points. 3 wins out of 3. Feels damn good. Know it's early days, but that is a bloody good start. Again, credit to BR and the players.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #571: Sep 01, 2013 10:39:06 pm

Your whole post was good, but this bit is spot on for me!!  BR seems a real top man manager, and also seems to have a decent eye for spotting a quality footballer as well!!
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #572: Sep 01, 2013 10:52:10 pm

Absolutely, the team worked as a whole today, our shifting patterns were excellent and we knew when to press and when to lay off them and they just couldn't get through, they ran out of ideas. It was a performance of champions, we didn't play the prettiest football but we got the 3 points on the board whereas last season we maybe would've conceded. Fantastic team effort, every player put a shift in.

Special mention for Skrtel as well for me, having not played the first 2 games in the league he did brilliantly to come into the team and put in a solid performance. Well deserved MOTM.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #573: Sep 01, 2013 11:01:37 pm
      Best thing is that we get to do it all again in a few weeks ;D
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #574: Sep 01, 2013 11:11:39 pm
      Lucas is Boss, Skrtel is Boss, Sturridge is Boss and Mignolet is cool as F**k Boss.

Hope they keep Moyes for some time to come, cos with him in charge, their F***ing finished.

I love everyone on here tonight  :drinking:
      We love you too HR . :drink:

Quick Reply