Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match: Swansea v LFC

Mignolet
      21 (14.7%)
      Sakho
      7 (4.9%)
      Enrique
      0 (0%)
      Wisdom
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      42 (29.4%)
      Henderson
      21 (14.7%)
      Gerrard
      1 (0.7%)
      Lucas
      3 (2.1%)
      Sturridge
      22 (15.4%)
      Coutinho
      15 (10.5%)
      Moses
      10 (7%)
      Aspas
      1 (0.7%)
      Toure
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 140

Voting closed: Sep 20, 2013 10:02:01 pm

Swansea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Analysis

Read 37462 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Re: Swansea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Analysis
      Reply #644: Sep 16, 2013 10:58:52 pm
      Brendan got it completely wrong in the second half today! Aspas was poor and was a ghost on the field.
      I liked Sturridge's disappointment at the end of the match and I think the perormance showed again why we need another great player on the wing in the team.

kelly should have started i he was fit. Sakho was great although he made at least 2 mistakes by tackling uselessly. Skrtel was great and Mignolet too. Hendo was good but in the second half he was not helped.

Disappointed but happy we've got the point.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #645: Sep 16, 2013 10:59:44 pm
      link=topic=45332.msg1521069#msg1521069 date=1379367852]

Common sense? More like blind faith you mug
      Get off his back you muppet, f**k sake, 3 and a bit games he's played and you slate the sh*t out of him,

He did look like a spare pr**k but give him time ff's ,

Oh and before you say it I don't have red tinted specs on, just offering a bit of common sense, something you obviously lack .

YNWA

f***in hell I've found my Doppleganger !
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #646: Sep 16, 2013 10:59:52 pm
      Voted Mignolet, he was the clear MOTM to me. His handling is world class, had to deal with a few really tricky shots and if he had spilled Michu was ready to pounce.
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #647: Sep 16, 2013 10:59:53 pm
      Jesus this place is embarrassing after a single draw.

We're top of the table.

Aspas was poor but it's only been 3 f**king games.

The second half performance was embarrassing...surely you can see that?  We made them look like Barca. They are not.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #648: Sep 16, 2013 10:59:57 pm
      Your the idiot if you think time will make him good enough to play up top for Liverpool, either that or you have a lot lower expectations to I!

Any chance of you calming down and stop calling fellow reds' idiots.  If not, log off and come back when you've had the stick removed.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #649: Sep 16, 2013 11:01:40 pm

Christ, you're a f**king tool.

Run's in the family Eem, just a mouthpiece for someone that does not have the right to post here anymore.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #650: Sep 16, 2013 11:01:46 pm
      I think you give a player, any player, more than 3 games and a sub appearance to make his mark on a team.

Exactly.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #651: Sep 16, 2013 11:02:03 pm
      I think that's the point though Eem, he wont get settled in the team because Suarez will be back soon enough.

Fair point, but maybe Suarez coming back will take some of the pressure off him, allowing him to make appearances in the cups and off the bench. Maybe he'll perform better, who knows?
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #652: Sep 16, 2013 11:02:04 pm
      Any chance of you calming down and stop calling fellow reds' idiots.  If not, log off and come back when you've had the stick removed.
      I'm posting an opinion fellow reds have started the childish name calling.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #653: Sep 16, 2013 11:02:06 pm
      Dude look at his frame. It's not just the style and pace he can't adapt to, but it's also the physicality of the premierleague. He looked good in pre season because he was playing against small Asian men with limited ability. Even Lionel Messi shows more of a physical presence than Aspas. From the very start I thought it was £7m down the drain, and it's seems to be heading that way unless something dramatic happens. Eriksen for £4.5m more anyone?

Couthino is a similar size but he is more aware of what is going on around him than ~Aspas.

Agree with Walton there. I don't see what the big deal is anyway seeing as though we are going to have a much stronger squad when Suarez is back.

Have a look at the next few line ups.

You could alter a few positions with that one.

A line-up that fits more or less what would be our best team but leaves us open at the back!

Who's to lose their place to accommodate Luis? Will either be Hendo or Moses.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #654: Sep 16, 2013 11:04:33 pm
      I'm posting an opinion fellow reds have started the childish name calling.

Yours was the first I read and I'll advise the same to others whose head is currently rectally challenged.  And remember, it was an opinion, not fact and others can post about your opinion as well.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #655: Sep 16, 2013 11:05:32 pm
      Bit sad how an opinion can cause such a stink, he's sh*te not Carroll sh*te Aspas sh*te.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #656: Sep 16, 2013 11:05:45 pm
      Aspas may not have had a good game, far from it. But was he the cause of us backing off to he edge of our own box and letting Swansea totally dominate the mid field. And was he the cause of the similar tactic being played in the last three games.
      I don't think so. Don't make him the scapegoat, take a look at our midfield standing off, and the hoofed out balls from the defenders !
      We gotta win as a team, draw as a team and lose as a team. Aspas may have been poor, but a load more played tonight, well below the standards, we expect from Liverpool players.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #657: Sep 16, 2013 11:07:37 pm
      22 pages after we defeat the scum, and it took 2 weeks to accomplish that..22 pages here a couple hours after a road draw.

Amazing what comes out of the woodwork when things end up less than perfect.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #658: Sep 16, 2013 11:08:19 pm
      Take the point and run I think. From having a settled defence a few weeks back, it is looking a lot less so now. Still would start Agger and Toure at the back when they are fit.

We also suffered from having to play Sturridge the full 90 because after a while nothing stuck up there at all. Aspas didn't help by being piss poor when he came on. Same applies for Sterling.

Anyway, always a tough game that one for us, hopefully back to winning ways at weekend. Still an excellent start to our season.

Shelvey my MOTM though. Had a feeling he would come good for us given time.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #659: Sep 16, 2013 11:08:35 pm
      22 pages after we defeat the scum, and it took 2 weeks to accomplish that..22 pages here a couple hours after a road draw.

I know where you're coming from and agree to an extent, but when people agree there is generally less to discuss.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #660: Sep 16, 2013 11:08:50 pm
      No scapegoat just a player I think we will  see less rather then more of.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #661: Sep 16, 2013 11:08:56 pm
      Your the idiot if you think time will make him good enough to play up top for Liverpool, either that or you have a lot lower expectations to I!

Stop talking out your rusty ring piece, I remember Lucas being sh*te the first season he was here, low and behold he's turned out pretty f***in damn good, not saying Aspas will become as good but maybe just maybe he might become a decent player, and might be sh*te but at least give him more than 3 matches to prove himself. MUG !

YNWA
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #662: Sep 16, 2013 11:09:44 pm
      Take the point and run I think. From having a settled defence a few weeks back, it is looking a lot less so now. Still would start Agger and Toure at the back when they are fit.

We also suffered from having to play Sturridge the full 90 because after a while nothing stuck up there at all. Aspas didn't help by being piss poor when he came on. Same applies for Sterling.

Anyway, always a tough game that one for us, hopefully back to winning ways at weekend. Still an excellent start to our season.

Shelvey my MOTM though.

Is right FOAR, win this weekend gives us 13 points out of a potential 15, I will take that any day.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #663: Sep 16, 2013 11:10:22 pm

Some right whoppers in here tonight. All for having a big scream and shout In times of strife but it should all be relative.

Given the start we have made to the season are the heated responses and shouting of some of you in this thread not a little out of place?
      rossphillips1988
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #664: Sep 16, 2013 11:10:42 pm
      As soon as Countinho came off our attacking game fell apart. It just shows how important he is to the way we play, even if he seems fairly ineffectual like tonight. I think he just carries the ball forward in a way other players can't (with the exception of Suarez) which shifts the momentum of the play. When Aspas came on, our link to Sturridge disintegrated and our attacking play became a little frantic and passes weren't connecting in the Swansea half.

On another note, Wisdom had a poor game for me. Not at fault for either goal by any stretch but a lot of our possession broke down in one way or another with him. I accept he is not a full blown right back, but we did have one on the bench and Toure has played there enough times over the years. Wisdom is not a Liverpool standard right back but puts in an honest shift and, as I say, wasn't at fault for either goal.

Positives for me include the fact we are still TOP OF THE LEAGUE, along with the performances of Skrtel, Mignolet, Moses and Henderson. We look good, not the finished article but good. In time, I am confident Rodgers will find a way of making us last the full 90 minutes at a high tempo.

Nice looking down, isn't it?

YNWA

wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #665: Sep 16, 2013 11:12:11 pm

But isnt the whole point of a forum like this...indeed any forum, to post opinions on what is happening with our team?  Why have a forum otherwise? I dont mean childish abuse....I do mean constructive concerns over the balance of the team and an honest opinion of what we all see happening on the pitch. I honestly dont see the problem with that.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #666: Sep 16, 2013 11:12:42 pm
      A line-up that fits more or less what would be our best team but leaves us open at the back!

Not when we play with 9 men parked on the edge of our own box it won't

Quick Reply