Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match vs Bitters

Simon Mignolet
      (0%)
      John Flanagan
      (5.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (3.2%)
      Kolo Toure
      (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      (0.5%)
      Steven Gerrard (c)
      (41.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (1.1%)
      Phillipe Coutinho
      (11.1%)
      Raheem Sterling
      (3.2%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      (30.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      (3.2%)
      Victor Moses (sub)
      (0%)
      Martin Kelly (sub)
      (0%)
      Luis Alberto (sub)
      (0%)

Liverpool 4 - 0 Everton: In Game and Post Game Celebration

Read 31987 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Liverpool 4 - 0 Everton: In Game and Post Game Celebration
      Reply #805: Jan 29, 2014 09:50:30 pm
      I actually took a cab in Liverpool that the driver had an Everton tattoo on his arm!
      He asked where I was from, and when I told him "Brazil", he asked what I was doing in Liverpool. I said 'to watch LFC' so he showed me his arm :D
      Nice fella apart from that little detail though! I met even Tranmere fans when I was over there, these people actually exist  :f_tongueincheek:

years ago Tranmere used to play on a Friday night giving them people like me who would watch any live football a chance to go they got decent crowds back then.John Aldridge go them to a final (I think) and a play off final for the premier league (again I think)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #806: Jan 29, 2014 11:03:59 pm
      Liverpool fans applaud Lukaku when he is stretched off injured, Everton fans throw coins and hurl abuse at Suarez going to take a corner.

Who are the classy ones?

Some Evertonians are right bitter jealous scum. A club supported by taxi drivers.

Thought it was brilliant how they threw coins at Suarez, Suarez then thinks to himself "F**k you lot, could react but nah, i'll just put in a pin point corner for someone to head home.....fuckers"
      Redone
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #807: Jan 29, 2014 11:39:25 pm
      What a great performance from the team!!! Missed the first 60 min of the game, because of some Arsenal f**ker was watching the Arsenal v Southampton game at my work... had to rush home to watch the rest... Saw some really magnificent goal been scored on the highlights.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #808: Jan 30, 2014 12:20:24 am
      I usually read all threads on lfcreds religiously... DAILY. My prime Liverpool fc info resource (check rawk out to look for videos occasionally). Haven't been reading as much for the past two weeks or so, had things to do 'n' that.

Just wanted to say, I am so proud of that performance, it speaks volumes, to me, about the progression the manager has made.

The same way you can have a knee-jerk response negatively, I'd like to stress, I'm not knee-jerking in the positive either. I think the fruits of the managers work and the players dedication (different skill levels etc) is paying off more and more as time goes by.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #809: Jan 30, 2014 08:50:39 am
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #810: Jan 30, 2014 08:50:43 am
      Liverpool fans applaud Lukaku when he is stretched off injured, Everton fans throw coins and hurl abuse at Suarez going to take a corner.

Who are the classy ones?

Some Evertonians are right bitter jealous scum. A club supported by taxi drivers.

When I was in Liverpool my taxi driver was a red! We listened to Everton getting beat by City and he drove me around a few places to show me the city before dropping me off at Anfield. Great bloke.

So don't stain all taxi drivers' with a blue, bitter brush :D

Still buzzing. Was a nervous wreck before the match but by halftime I had my shirt off singing "Ole ole ole!" One to remember.

The atmosphere was superb, the players (besides Cissokho who I'm convinced is mentally handicapped) and the boss were animals. Flawless performance.

It was scary watching us just soak it all up and then in the blink of an eye dismantle them. The pace of our counter attacks were ruthless.

Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez. Wouldn't trade that combo for Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo. Our three fit each other perfectly.

Brutal performance. So so so happy.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #811: Jan 30, 2014 08:55:35 am
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #812: Jan 30, 2014 09:12:32 am
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #813: Jan 30, 2014 09:26:09 am
      What a class performance from the Redmen, I listened while driving my truck on 5 live,nearly f***in crashed twice, other drivers thought I was f***in mental sounding my horn everytime we scored,

So proud of them all, to f***in batter the bitters like we did was extra special like the 5-0 victory we all like to sing about, we almost almost matched and bettered it,

I'm just coming down now, on nights then trying to sleep after being up in cloud 9 is a b***ard , anyhoo,
      Can't wait for the baggies game Sunday, just hope we can kick on now and not revert backwards ala Villa game,

Both Spuds & Chavs dropping points is great for us not forgetting the 4pt gap we just opened up,

Onwards & upwards, we march on to our next victims,

Roll on Sunday, and to roll over the baggs

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #814: Jan 30, 2014 09:28:34 am
      What a class performance from the Redmen, I listened while driving my truck on 5 live,nearly f***in crashed twice, other drivers thought I was f***in mental sounding my horn everytime we scored,

So proud of them all, to f***in batter the bitters like we did was extra special like the 5-0 victory we all like to sing about, we almost almost matched and bettered it,

I'm just coming down now, on nights then trying to sleep after being up in cloud 9 is a b***ard , anyhoo,
      Can't wait for the baggies game Sunday, just hope we can kick on now and not revert backwards ala Villa game,

Both Spuds & Chavs dropping points is great for us not forgetting the 4pt gap we just opened up,

Onwards & upwards, we march on to our next victims,

Roll on Sunday, and to roll over the baggs

YNWA

Hahaha on ya Billy mate.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #815: Jan 30, 2014 10:24:17 am
      It's a bit of both Rodders as it's how I think Brendan likes the DM to play.

We've seen it when Lucas plays as well as the centre backs split very wide and the DM drops in between.

He seemed to be deeper than even Lucas plays, a proper third centre back, a sweeper and both Henderson and even Coutinho seemed to be shielding the back line.  At least two of the front three seemed to be always tracking back and covering the full backs.  It was a wonderful team display.  I really rate Lucas, but I don't think he could play the role Gerrard did, or even the one Henderson played
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #816: Jan 30, 2014 11:38:01 am
      He seemed to be deeper than even Lucas plays, a proper third centre back, a sweeper and both Henderson and even Coutinho seemed to be shielding the back line.  At least two of the front three seemed to be always tracking back and covering the full backs.  It was a wonderful team display.  I really rate Lucas, but I don't think he could play the role Gerrard did, or even the one Henderson played

There was a lot more cohesion between the three Rodders as you say and Gerrard was as deep as I've seen our DM play at times I agree.

Really liked the look of that midfield unit as it had a nice blend of everything you'd want from that area of the pitch.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1774 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #817: Jan 30, 2014 01:16:12 pm
      CLASS !
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #818: Jan 30, 2014 02:20:02 pm
      How are Liverpool FC received in Brazil? They must surely be interested by the progress of Coutinho. Oh and is Cavalieri really doing as brilliant a job in goal for Fluminese from what I've heard? By the sounds of things it seems as if we let a very good second goalie go!

I must say LFC are not the most famous English club here, in large part because United, Chelsea and Arsenal were the fighting for the trophies when the league started to become really popular. Not to say it isn't though, it's just that teams like United attract more attention.

A lot of people keep an eye on Coutinho though, especially Vasco fans who liked him before he left for Inter, or Gremio fans who still love Lucas. The number of LFC fans in Brazil has risen exponentially since Rafa Benitez as well... back in the early 2000's I only knew a handful of them, now LFC has a dedicated facebook page in Portuguese.

As for Cavalieri, he's not a bad keeper at all, and he was one of Fluminense's best players when they won the league in 2012. They went through a bad crisis in 2013 though, and his level of performance, just like of everyone else's in their team, was way below the previous year. He's probably still in contention to be GK number 3 in the WC for Brazil, though personally he wouldn't be my choice. Not that it matters either, 3rd keepers never play :D
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #819: Jan 30, 2014 05:58:45 pm

WGC   We Got Clattered
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2014 06:11:53 pm by Fourbrick3 »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #820: Jan 30, 2014 09:20:04 pm
      any news on the cu*ts throwing coins the same thing happened at Goodison.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #821: Jan 30, 2014 09:36:08 pm

Proper wools them hahaha three quarters and an old Everton away kit hahahaha!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #822: Jan 30, 2014 09:47:41 pm
      Cracking result and performance, dismantled them at will, absolutely loved it.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #823: Jan 30, 2014 10:09:59 pm
      I originally voted Sturridge as my man of the match for his two goals but having just watched the match back again at home (rather the a the pub) it has to be Stevie all day. Fantastic performance from the skipper plus I don't know if he has ever celebrated more wildly than the opener. Right in front of the bitters in the Anny Road end and clearly incensed by the their treatment of Suarez. I absolutely loved it! Well in the Skipper. PLENTY left in the tank.

Quick Reply