Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match vs Fulham

Simon Mignolet
      (0%)
      Jon Flanagan
      (0.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0.6%)
      Kolo Toure
      (0.6%)
      Aly Cissokho
      (0%)
      Steven Gerrard (c)
      (67.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (1.2%)
      Phillipe Coutinho
      (11.8%)
      Raheem Sterling
      (1.2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (6.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      (8.2%)
      Joao Teixeira (sub)
      (1.8%)
      Daniel Agger (sub)
      (0%)

Fulham 2 - 3 Liverpool : In Game & Post Game Added Time Celebration

Read 36008 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Re: Fulham 2 - 3 Liverpool : In Game & Post Game Added Time Celebration
      Reply #759: Feb 13, 2014 04:32:49 am
      Not a vintage performance, but a great result!!  Despite Toure making one of the worst gaffs I've seen in a while (again) we responded really well.  We weren't great, but I always believed that we would come back and win the game.  Having that confidence in our team again is such a great feeling!!

I am taking 2 big positives from tonight:

1.  We do appear to have the character required to come from behind and grind out wins even when we don't play well.  That is a characteristic of a trophy winning side.  Now we just need to work on our consistency. 

2.  Joao Tex looks a real player!!  I've seen him a few times for the youth teams and he has always looked a quality player, but it is a big step up to the 1st team.  He looked so comfortable and confident on the ball and played with a coolness that belies his age.  I'm really excited to see more of him in the coming weeks/months/years!!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #760: Feb 13, 2014 06:26:27 am
      Not a vintage performance, but a great result!!  Despite Toure making one of the worst gaffs I've seen in a while (again) we responded really well.  We weren't great, but I always believed that we would come back and win the game.  Having that confidence in our team again is such a great feeling!!

I am taking 2 big positives from tonight:

1.  We do appear to have the character required to come from behind and grind out wins even when we don't play well.  That is a characteristic of a trophy winning side.  Now we just need to work on our consistency. 

2.  Joao Tex looks a real player!!  I've seen him a few times for the youth teams and he has always looked a quality player, but it is a big step up to the 1st team.  He looked so comfortable and confident on the ball and played with a coolness that belies his age.  I'm really excited to see more of him in the coming weeks/months/years!!

I totally with you regarding Tex ,he looked very confident and was not afraid to take a man on.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #761: Feb 13, 2014 07:23:16 am
      Another bit of individuality I marveled over was Suarez's little flick on, to himself after turning their RB, that was just sublime.

;D

Suarez Skill vs Fulham
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #762: Feb 13, 2014 07:42:55 am
      I don't expect them to win and I very much doubt they will win the league. But they must keep that mentality of challenging for the league to reach as high as they can, and not just play for Champions League football because that risks looking down the table instead of up.

Shankly's motto, 'aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling, aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor' has never rung more true.

Think you should take a leaf out of Shankly's motto mate. Let's aim for the F***ing sky and win this league. BELIEVE!
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #763: Feb 13, 2014 07:51:09 am
      Bang average performance but fantastic fantastic result.

I for one didn't enjoy watching it one little bit even after Gerrard slotted the pen

Everyone in the club (legion mossley hill) was on high stress alert!!
      The relief when the ref blew up was palpable.

Anyone who's questioned Steven Gerrard wants to put themselves in his position
      in the 90th minute last night.

Cometh the hour Cometh the Man F***ing brilliant

Toure early bath son you're past it lad...
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #764: Feb 13, 2014 08:33:11 am
      Key moment for me, when we got to 2-2 Luis pushed all the guys back with the ball in hand to get on with it and stop celebrating.....no thought of settling for a point....love that man
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #765: Feb 13, 2014 08:46:56 am
      It is wins like last night and not the Saturday romp (although they help) that shows how far we have come this year.  While not at our best by a long way (but credit goes to Fulham for the way they played for most of the match) we had the desire to get the win - this was highlighted after the 3nd equaliser and the urgency of Suarez to get the game going again.  It may be a timely return for Agger as after a bright start Toure is starting to look a liability at times.

That has to be the pass of the season and Sturridge is so good in those one on ones I actually prefer him to have them than Suarez.  The one man team myth is being put to bed a bit at the moment (although most successful teams do usually have a standout performer) and I would think defences must dread playing us at the moment with the constant movement and interchanging that we show.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #766: Feb 13, 2014 09:07:41 am
      Massive win,Stevie G has balls of steel,what a captain he is,if any player deserves a league winners medal,it is him.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #767: Feb 13, 2014 09:08:18 am
      Well other than watching a live stream which was like listening to Julio Geordio from harry hill and chums was well happy with the result.

not quite the game i expected it to be but nevertheless the boys kept going to the end and made it a our game.

and as for the Gerrard thru ball..simply exquisite!!

oh and for the record i'm in ibiza for the last game of the season so a nice exciting last match would be good :))))
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #768: Feb 13, 2014 09:42:45 am
      Saw the boss giving him the thumbs up straight after he nearly scored but I think Tex passed it to start the attack.

Absolutely massive 3 points tonight but I was always confident we'd win even when we were playing like s**t.

I think the Reds might be near the top of the hill  ;D

Reminds me of the Automatic song, 'What's that coming over the hill is it a monster ?'  No it's L.F.C. !
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #769: Feb 13, 2014 09:57:43 am
      Still buzzing after last night!

Feels bigger than the Arsenal win!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #770: Feb 13, 2014 10:01:23 am
      Did anyone predict a 2-3?
      Went for 0-3 meself but those presentation jobs from Toure and Martin were my downfall.
      Still off me head tho.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,173 posts | 524 
      Reply #771: Feb 13, 2014 10:07:43 am
      Great result Redmen, get in there !!! Probably get slated for this, but I thought this was a bigger result than the smashing of the Gooners on Saturday. The lads had to dig really deep for that, and Stevie G don't you just love the man.

Hopefully with Agger and soon to be Sahko coming back we can sort the defence out, don't know how many more games like last night I can take, but who cares at least we are in the mix and have now got a great chance to win it.

Only sour note listened to Talkshite last night, what a w**ker Collymore is, for an ex red he don't half run us down, tw*t!!!

Roll on Swansea................. ............
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #772: Feb 13, 2014 10:08:19 am
      Although plenty others will take the plaudits, Henderson derserves massive praise for me. I kept thinking whenever we don't play well, Rodgers talks about the tenacity in our play, and he was the epitomy of tenacity in my book. Fought to get every ball back, the first to break the lines and close down and a desire to move the ball on as quickly and accurately as possible to Suarez, Sturridge etc.

At the same time, there is only one man of the match for me. Has to be the skipper. How many things can the commentator on lfctv come up with to describe him. The amount of times you hear "its simply brilliant, its simply stevie g". Or "captain fantastic". He gets my motm.

Now because my stream on www.fredslink.com (which has never failed me by the way) was 50 seconds behind the lfctv commentary, I couldn't help but put it on aswell as the stream. I never ever thought I was superstitious before I thought to myself, hang on this is the same setup as the Everton and Arsenal games. Now although I am not naive enough to think this would change the game in any way. I couldn't bring myself to change it.

So, it gets to 2-2 and closing in on the last few moments and John Bradley is slowly building up momentum and I literally don't move for 30 minutes in the second half.

Pen! At this point and as far as I'm aware this has never happened to me before, but my heart felt like it was outside my chest, I was actually worried about it. It was absolutely pounding. Stevie slammed in the pen and I went absolutely apeshit. On a scale of if I was in public somebody would have reported me by now.

This game of ours the way we are playing it and the excitement it brings is what football is all about. All emotions rolled into one 90 minute game. Unbelievable. I can't disagree with Neil Atkinson from The Anfield Wrap. This league is absolutely crazy this year, and we are without doubt the craziest team in it so that's the reason we should win it.

Anyway I don't know why I told you all that, but I thought I had to share the experience. Still on cloud nine. I love this game.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #773: Feb 13, 2014 10:20:06 am
      Went for 0-3 meself but those presentation jobs from Toure and Martin were my downfall.
      Still off me head tho.
      I predicted 1-3 Stuey, don't know if anyone got it right !
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #774: Feb 13, 2014 10:30:12 am
      Still off me head tho.

I predicted another 0-5 if not more mate hahaha
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #775: Feb 13, 2014 10:37:50 am
      Still off me head tho.

I predicted another 0-5 if not more mate hahaha

Hahaha you was off your head before they kicked a ball mate haha.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #776: Feb 13, 2014 11:01:45 am

Hahaha you was off your head before they kicked a ball mate haha.

:D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,519 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #777: Feb 13, 2014 11:10:01 am
      Loved the way Suarez grabbed the ball out of the net from Coutinho's equaliser and told them all to forget the celebrating and get back for the kick off.

EDIT: Actually, Gerrard's 91st minute penalty, the camera focuses on our dugout - and there he is, with the greatest show of emotion you're ever likely to see from him, our man in the white coat, our very own Dr. Zaf Iqbal

The man know never to crack a smile can't hide his delight as he clenches both fists and roars in relief and glee

The Doc
      Priceless that guy  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Feb 13, 2014 11:37:36 am by Rush »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #778: Feb 13, 2014 11:54:43 am

Congratulation Diego, and may I wish you all the success possible in your university course and future employment, wherever that may take you..

Diego congrats. The MBA will hopefully make you a million or two in good time. I love Liverpool. They just rule

Thanks a lot, all of you, and also everyone who gave me +s and nice comments. I'm still so very happy with it all!
      I've hardly seen much of the game yet, only the goals... and dear god, what was that Gerrard pass? Absolutely top class, such style, accuracy, it was brilliant.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #779: Feb 13, 2014 11:55:35 am
      We got the 3 points and that was all that mattered, It was not easy though and my old heart worked overtime for the full match. I am getting worried with Toure and the mistakes he is making, mistakes that should not happen to a man of his experience. At the back of my mind I am thinking is he a CITY PLANT out to destroy us.

Thinking of the same. The mistakes were so glaringly amateurish and the own goal is hardly believeable when he was under no pressure at all to clear the ball.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #780: Feb 13, 2014 11:58:42 am
      Think this was one of those game where all the pleasure comes from the result and perhaps our determination to get it, and none from our actual performance.

Gerrard was easily m.o.t.m. while it is difficult to pick out anyone else who had a good game. One of those games were the result may have a huge significance come the end of the season, while the performance is best forgotten.

We certainly didn't make it any easier for ourselves with the defensive errors , but full credit to Daniel for his clinical finish, Coutinho for having...just one more shot, and Gerrard for having the coolest head in the stadium.

More check-side than Hendry can put on a snooker ball

Ridiculous pass that! Never even looked, knew exactly were Sturridge was and slotted it to him. Well what do you expect from one of the best midfielders in the league!
      Anker Rose Skov
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #781: Feb 13, 2014 11:59:49 am
      Watched the game in a Spurs bar i Copenhagen and they werent pleased to see Gerrard scoring that penalty for a win - or me jumping around screaming YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAH, yeeeeees, WU-HU, YEPYEPYEPYEPYEP, Aaaaargh, HMMMFFFFFP, LOLOLOLOL.....

Quick Reply