Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match vs Fulham

Simon Mignolet
      (0%)
      Jon Flanagan
      (0.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0.6%)
      Kolo Toure
      (0.6%)
      Aly Cissokho
      (0%)
      Steven Gerrard (c)
      (67.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (1.2%)
      Phillipe Coutinho
      (11.8%)
      Raheem Sterling
      (1.2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (6.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      (8.2%)
      Joao Teixeira (sub)
      (1.8%)
      Daniel Agger (sub)
      (0%)

Fulham 2 - 3 Liverpool : In Game & Post Game Added Time Celebration

Read 36246 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Re: Fulham 2 - 3 Liverpool : In Game & Post Game Added Time Celebration
      Reply #690: Feb 12, 2014 10:18:49 pm
      Just got home back from work to see the result. The last time I was able to check the result (in the subway, the internet connection comes and go very often) it was 2-1 to them, so the feeling of relief seeing that we've come back and won the game was huge - just huge. Add that to the fact that this morning I received the very happy news of my being accepted to the University of Liverpool's MBA in Football Industries, plus the fact I've recently started working with what I love, it was a mixture of emotion I think I dropped a few tears. Tears of extreme happiness that comes with the feeling that things have finally started to happen as I've so long wanted them to. Thank you LFC for not disappointing me tonight, and now I'm off to have dinner with my family and celebrate. I didn't even watch the game but just seeing the result made me a very happy red tonight. Come on LFC!
      Congratulation Diego, and may I wish you all the success possible in your university course and future employment, wherever that may take you..
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #691: Feb 12, 2014 10:19:12 pm
      You could just tell that Stevie knew how important that penalty was Debs.

Even if Luis was on a hattrick there wouldn't have been a chance he'd have got to take that.

It's great to see Si, he seems very focused recently.  I thought it was due to his change of position but I think he's realised what might actually happen.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #692: Feb 12, 2014 10:19:47 pm
      Anyone else's wife giving out to them for the way they "behaved" in that match. Apparently our neighbours should have called the cops.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #693: Feb 12, 2014 10:19:48 pm
      Got a sneaky feeling that if we win the title FSG are going to say "hey, look, you don't need any new players, you won the title!"
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #694: Feb 12, 2014 10:20:07 pm
      Done well to come back twice,then to go on and win it,well done Redmen.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #695: Feb 12, 2014 10:21:03 pm
      Got a sneaky feeling that if we win the title FSG are going to say "hey, look, you don't need any new players, you won the title!"

I actually wouldn't give a sh*t by then!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #696: Feb 12, 2014 10:21:24 pm
      Fuk me some game that was.

Was on the bus on the way in to the office watching the last ten minutes on the phone.

Screamed Yessss! like a madman when the penno went in much to the dismay of the full bus.

Get in boys scoring 3 goals on a shitty small pitch with a team playing so compact is some achievement.

Buzzing now! 4 points off top
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #697: Feb 12, 2014 10:23:31 pm
      We were sh*te in the first half.  Proper sh*te.

But we were better in the second half.  Harsh to go 2-1 down but the players did well to turn it around.

A very good win.  Going to be a few far more difficult away games than Fulham.  Crucial we put in performances now in BOTH halves.

Very good.

12 to go. Need to keep up the momentum because Spurs are still pushing us.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #698: Feb 12, 2014 10:23:50 pm

If we win the title I might agree with them :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #699: Feb 12, 2014 10:24:01 pm
      Totally Debs, said in his thread it had that touch of destiny about it that moment. So hope it's true.

Its a non subtle statement of intent!!

I absolutely love him!

Well if the captain believes then how can we have any more doubts, as you say Luke it does feel different like it's in our destiny.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Re: Fulham 2 - 3 Liverpool : In Game & Post Game Celebration (
      Reply #700: Feb 12, 2014 10:24:33 pm
      Don't think any one put a good performance in to day, a few had some nice touches and glimpses of what they can do, but it was a very muted 6/7 out of 10 performance from all the players, except Cissokho who, for me, was absolute gash.

we must be watching different games because i thought he played well.

he actually had crosses in.. saved a few errant passes and stopped a couple of shots / critical passes into our 18.

i feel he is the easy target for too many members here.  yes he lacks alot of natural talent but he has definitely improved over the past several games.  lets give the lad some credit
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #701: Feb 12, 2014 10:24:38 pm
      Kolo and Martin are two lucky men tonight.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #702: Feb 12, 2014 10:24:58 pm
      Captain Marvel again gets my vote. Special mention for Teixeira who looks like a very exciting prospect for the future.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #703: Feb 12, 2014 10:25:16 pm
      I love Kolo and hate seeing him do bad, its like it really hurts him. He was Garbage tonight though.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #704: Feb 12, 2014 10:25:33 pm
      F***ing hell me nerves have gone a bit la.

But what a massive victory this is. We've taken advantage of both Chelsea and Arsenal slipping up. City not playing means we've closed the gap on them to a single point and almost forced them that they have to win their game in hand. That's one thing I've questioned for a number of years is our bottle. Tonight we proved we've got it. We had the chance to take advantage of the top three and we did - albeit slightly later than we would of liked and slightly more nervy than what we would of liked but the job was done in the end.

Wow.

I think some little martian on Pluto heard the screams from our house when Stevie scored yet another crucial pen. It's one of those results that is a true testament to our credentials. Not at our best, going behind twice and still having the balls and ability to come back and pick up three points.

Oh Liverpool we love you
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #705: Feb 12, 2014 10:26:22 pm
      We were sh*te in the first half.  Proper sh*te.

I think a lot of that was down to how compact Fulham were mate.

We still didn't do enough to break them down but I had a feeling it would be like that early on.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #706: Feb 12, 2014 10:27:29 pm
      I can multi-task..

Rejoice, and laugh!  ;D

Ya,ya, enjoy yourself to the fullest & share some of that with us here  :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0:

Need to go out when the score was 2-2. come back, check the result and I want to scream at the top of my voice.  :hug: :ernaehrung004: :food-smiley-005: :champ: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: No words to describe this feeling.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #707: Feb 12, 2014 10:28:18 pm
      we must be watching different games because i thought he played well.

he actually had crosses in.. saved a few errant passes and stopped a couple of shots / critical passes into our 18.

i feel he is the easy target for too many members here.  yes he lacks alot of natural talent but he has definitely improved over the past several games.  lets give the lad some credit

Lost track the number of times he halted attacks because he didn't even try to attack his man. I think he thought he was playing rugby, every pass went backwards and for a full back, that's a depressing trait.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #708: Feb 12, 2014 10:28:28 pm
      Left the pub at half time feeling like death warmed up,bloody kids with there viruses ,got home thinking we will F**k it up as per usual flicked on Ssn as Charlie Nicholas screams penalty :-) F**k me lads that was arse twitching stuff but nice one.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,403 posts | 6408 
      Reply #709: Feb 12, 2014 10:29:19 pm
      Been traveling and had to follow this one via this thread and on twitter. Speechless, hope I can catch a replay because it was heart stopping just following the updates.

Great, great win of utmost importance, amazing that we showed the resilience to pull it out.

Just Wow!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4416 
      Reply #710: Feb 12, 2014 10:29:53 pm
      Once every bodies adrenaline has come down any more performances like that away from home we can forget about any challenge we might be dreaming about. Too be fair we didn't deserve to win but hopefully it's a spur on for the rest of the season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #711: Feb 12, 2014 10:29:56 pm
      I can name 5 sides in the top 6 who have played sh*te and got a stonking. We haven't been thrashed yet, dropped a few points yes, but playing so poorly for the first 45 and still coming away with 3 points is commendable. At last we've got a win at all cost mentality. Making up for a few poor results earlier in the season. Now we're at the business end of the season, we need to keep it up. We 've got a load of game similar to this to come, but I don't think we'll start any of them as bad as this one.
      Still not getting carried away and be happy if we make 4th. Still better than my predicted, and at the time, satisfactory 5th. Anything better that 4th a huge bonus.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #712: Feb 12, 2014 10:30:10 pm
      MOTD Running order: Fulham/Liverpool; Newcastle/Tottenham; Arsenal/Manchester Utd; Stoke/Swansea; WBA/Chelsea; West Ham/Norwich; Hull/Southampton; Cardiff/Aston Villa.

Of course ;)

Quick Reply