Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)

Read 91314 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Real Madrid/Barcelona)
      Reply #943: Jul 03, 2014 08:22:37 am
      Have to admit - not happy with this $hit.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #944: Jul 03, 2014 08:24:00 am
      According to Collymore on twitter they started the bidding at 56m. I know what I'd be telling them after that derisory offer...
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #945: Jul 03, 2014 08:24:09 am
      Have to admit - not happy with this $hit.

You're sat on the toilet?

Eat more fruit and fibre based foods... They'll be looser in a couple of days

Good luck mate

According to Collymore on twitter they started the bidding at 56m. I know what I'd be telling them after that derisory offer...

Is it

Stop telling Stan Collymore stuff?

I'm not sure he knows what's happening in his own fridge let alone inside knowledge
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #946: Jul 03, 2014 08:29:59 am

I suppose Collymore would know all the details, it was Collymore I saw sitting next to Ayres at the Barcelona meeting in London, or was that his double.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #947: Jul 03, 2014 08:33:14 am
      I'd take the £56m in a crack myself.

Aslong as it £56m and Sanchez. :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #948: Jul 03, 2014 08:40:06 am
      I'd take the £56m in a crack myself.

Aslong as it £56m and Sanchez. :D

You'd take almost anything with a crack Daz.  ;) xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #949: Jul 03, 2014 08:43:22 am
      And when he hands in the transfer request 2 days before the window closes?

And when push comes top shove I think Brendan has more supporters than Luis does.

If what has been reported is true (Luis has already agreed to personal terms, the apology was at the request of Barca and his agent has been working with them for some time.)

Then I don't want him here anyway.

This is not about who's got the most support. It has always been about winning No.19; and Suarez was a major part of that battle last season.

Why does Barcelona deserve to strengthen their team with our best striker and clearly the best striker in the world? And we are forced to sell?

There is something called CONTRACT, even if the £80 million price tag is met, are we bound to sell?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #950: Jul 03, 2014 08:48:31 am
      No matter how much we get for Suarez I don't believe it will be good for Liverpool's prospects this season to sell him, but I don't think we have much choice in the matter.

Entirely agree.  He was the best player in the Premier League, not just at Liverpool, and a consistent match-winner.  What has surprised me is the fact that Liverpool have just gone into talks with nobody at the club even issuing a statement to supporters on the matter.  Briefing journalists on the progress of talks seems very unlike a 'return to the Liverpool way' both the manager and the owners have liked to trumpet.

Anyway back to Suarez - irreplaceable on his own.  LFC will be hoping they can counterattack his departure by perhaps bringing in someone who can grab 15 or so goals and, a wiser strategy, someone else to help plug 15 or so goals at the back.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #951: Jul 03, 2014 08:52:07 am
      This is not about who's got the most support. It has always been about winning No.19; and Suarez was a major part of that battle last season.

Why does Barcelona deserve to strengthen their team with our best striker and clearly the best striker in the world? And we are forced to sell?

There is something called CONTRACT, even if the £80 million price tag is met, are we bound to sell?

Agree 100%. I'm all for going back to what appear to be Neanderthal ways and making these over paid unethical fuckers stand over the contract they sign, as they do the club, or F**k them down into the ressies and kill their career. Ha ok the killing career part helps no1 but you get my point. Contract is all you need! You have all the power. If the player refuses to play/perform then he will see his big transfer club sail into the sunset.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #952: Jul 03, 2014 09:12:22 am
      It makes me laugh that we are only talking about 70-80m for him when we sold nando for 50m all those years ago. TV money alone should double his worth pro rata not to mention he's soooo much better than what Torres was when he was sold.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #953: Jul 03, 2014 09:22:49 am
      It makes me laugh that we are only talking about 70-80m for him when we sold nando for 50m all those years ago. TV money alone should double his worth pro rata not to mention he's soooo much better than what Torres was when he was sold.

Especially when you think how much Spurs got for master Bates.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #954: Jul 03, 2014 09:26:03 am
      Agree 100%. I'm all for going back to what appear to be Neanderthal ways and making these over paid unethical fuckers stand over the contract they sign, as they do the club, or f**k them down into the ressies and kill their career. Ha ok the killing career part helps no1 but you get my point. Contract is all you need! You have all the power. If the player refuses to play/perform then he will see his big transfer club sail into the sunset.

Totally agree with this. I personally would love to take the whole of football back 30 years instead of having this soap opera taking place week in week out. Players are technically no better than then. Sure fitness levels are higher, but feigning injury,  player power etc have no place in football IMO. And Suarez needs a good kick up the arse to make him realise just how much he's been supported.  If he wanted out he shouldn't have extended his contract!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #955: Jul 03, 2014 09:26:40 am
      His release clause is what we want for him as a maximum, no? Who would be stupid enough to pay, say, £50M, if we were forced to sell for £40M? :D

Hope for a bidding war :D
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #956: Jul 03, 2014 09:30:01 am
      I suppose Collymore would know all the details, it was Collymore I saw sitting next to Ayres at the Barcelona meeting in London, or was that his double.

Don't really get people's problem with Collymore. He's an ex red and a lot of the time he tells it as it is.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #957: Jul 03, 2014 09:49:00 am
      We sell Suarez, and watch the "market prices" of the players we go after suddenly go up two fold.  :roll:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #958: Jul 03, 2014 09:56:16 am
      We sell Suarez, and watch the "market prices" of the players we go after suddenly go up two fold.  :roll:

More than likely

That's why we have to stay strong on his value
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #959: Jul 03, 2014 09:58:46 am
      Balague is saying Sanchez agreed terms with the arse, but Liverpool are offering more than wenger for the chilean

http://www.brandish.tv/2014/07/03/sanchez-agreed-terms-premier-league-side.html

I hate to say this But if Sanchez don't want to play for LIVERPOOL , and prefers Arsenal ,   
       If we sell Luis to Barca, I would not want alexis included in the deal, as long as it is true that he wants to join the arse instead,(  To be fair these quotes of Sanches prefers arsenal are coming out mostly from london based journos and linked to AFC)

infact some media are saying that LFC want only cash if a deal is to be done, and at LFC's valuation

yesterday I read that real are entering the race for LUIS, but now they turned there attention to James Rodriguez

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2014 10:32:51 am by carragerrard »
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #960: Jul 03, 2014 10:02:37 am
      We are sincerely destined for doomness!!! for sure! Clearly we had a good team last season that got us into the champs league,second in the league, we only needed reinforcement of our shaky defense,additional strikers for the champions league,but now we have to sell? To a rival champ league club above all? Surely,greatness was within reach but now if we sell our star striker,we might as well forget about glory!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #961: Jul 03, 2014 10:10:15 am
      We are sincerely destined for doomness!!! for sure! Clearly we had a good team last season that got us into the champs league,second in the league, we only needed reinforcement of our shaky defense,additional strikers for the champions league,but now we have to sell? To a rival champ league club above all? Surely,greatness was within reach but now if we sell our star striker,we might as well forget about glory!

Calm down fella, life goes on.  ;)
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #962: Jul 03, 2014 10:10:34 am

Jump back on your magic roundabout

I'll keep dreaming

The world won't end of Suarez leaves
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #963: Jul 03, 2014 10:13:06 am

Did you only start following football yesterday?

It's the modern era, footballers come footballers go. Suarez will move on and so will Liverpool FC.
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #964: Jul 03, 2014 10:17:47 am
      Did you only start following football yesterday?

It's the modern era, footballers come footballers go. Suarez will move on and so will Liverpool FC.

yep,LFC will move on lingering in the sixth place on the log as usual!!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #965: Jul 03, 2014 10:18:32 am
      yep,LFC will move on lingering in the sixth place on the log as usual!!

On the log?

Euphemism ?

Quick Reply