Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Sergio Romero (Sampdoria)

Read 12745 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Sergio Romero (Sampdoria)
      Reply #115: Aug 14, 2014 11:39:09 pm
      We did but he had a problem with the manager didn't he or vice versa.

His goodbye letter cleared a few things up. for me at least.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #116: Aug 14, 2014 11:49:15 pm
      Thought this lad was outstanding at the world cup. His distribution isn't meant to be the best (not something I was particularly watching at the time) but his shot stopping looked absolutely first class and instincts really really good.

Rumours are that it's a swap loan deal with Coates, not sure if that's on the back of Toure declaring that he's staying or what. Wasn't a week ago how Brendan was praising Coates so I thought there may be a chance Coates may get another chance.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #117: Aug 14, 2014 11:55:29 pm
      Thought this lad was outstanding at the world cup. His distribution isn't meant to be the best (not something I was particularly watching at the time) but his shot stopping looked absolutely first class and instincts really really good.

Rumours are that it's a swap loan deal with Coates, not sure if that's on the back of Toure declaring that he's staying or what. Wasn't a week ago how Brendan was praising Coates so I thought there may be a chance Coates may get another chance.

He didn't really catch my eye, but then I'm not a great judge of keepers so this thread is interesting reading for me with the different opinions.

As far as the loan/swap thing, I was impressed with Coates in pre-season and thought he had improved a lot, although maybe not enough yet to be a starter. If he keeps improving though, he could become a good player for us.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #118: Aug 15, 2014 02:28:10 pm
      I thought we had one , a Spanish fella with a baldy head .

Liverpool could have won the title with Reina in goal instead of Mignolet - Grobbelaar

LIVERPOOL legend Bruce Grobbelaar has questioned Brendan Rodgers decision to let Pepe Reina leave the club and says the Reds might have won the title with the Spaniard in goal last season.
      By: Ben Jefferson
      Published: Fri, August 15, 2014 

Manchester City pipped Liverpool to the title by two points after the Anfield outfit dropped crucial points in the run in.

But Grobbelaar believes that the Merseysiders may never have been in that position if it was Reina - who was loaned to Napoli - and not Simon Mignolet between the sticks.

"I said last season I didn't think Simon Mignolet was an all-round keeper," Grobbelaar told talkSPORT's Extra Time.

"I was crucified in the press for saying that, but when you look at the amount of goals he let in last season we eventually finished in second place.

"Had we had Pepe Reina in goal we might have won the league, who knows?

"It was Brendan Rodgers' call to back Mignolet and let Reina go, and he went to one of the best teams in Europe at the moment.

"Yes, maybe he'll play second fiddle to Manuel Neuer at Bayern Munich, but he will still get games there.

"Pep Guardiola is not a stupid manager and he'll make sure he has two great 'keepers just in case Neuer gets injured, and Reina can show everyone what Liverpool missed last year."

Liverpool have been linked with a move for Sampdoria stopper Sergio Romero as they looked to bring in competition for Mignolet this time around.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/499683/Liverpool-could-have-won-the-title-with-Reina-in-goal-instead-of-Mignolet-Grobbelaar

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #119: Aug 15, 2014 02:33:58 pm
      Think Grobbelaar is talking out of his arse there if he didn't see Reina's last three years and think 'he's a lot better than that'. An uncomfortable tone that is somewhat disrespectful to Mignolet's efforts last season. While not setting the world alight he did a solid enough job. I'm certain he saved more than he lost did Simon and on the whole doesn't deserve the sort of condemnation from knee jerk wa**s, of which there are a couple on this site. Very poor from Grobbelaar who should show some notion of support for our number 1.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #120: Aug 15, 2014 03:05:11 pm
      Liverpool could have won the title with Reina in goal instead of Mignolet - Grobbelaar

LIVERPOOL legend Bruce Grobbelaar has questioned Brendan Rodgers decision to let Pepe Reina leave the club and says the Reds might have won the title with the Spaniard in goal last season.

Manchester City pipped Liverpool to the title by two points after the Anfield outfit dropped crucial points in the run in.

But Grobbelaar believes that the Merseysiders may never have been in that position if it was Reina - who was loaned to Napoli - and not Simon Mignolet between the sticks.

"I said last season I didn't think Simon Mignolet was an all-round keeper," Grobbelaar told talkSPORT's Extra Time.

"I was crucified in the press for saying that, but when you look at the amount of goals he let in last season we eventually finished in second place.

"It was Brendan Rodgers' call to back Mignolet and let Reina go, and he went to one of the best teams in Europe at the moment.

"Yes, maybe he'll play second fiddle to Manuel Neuer at Bayern Munich, but he will still get games there.

"Pep Guardiola is not a stupid manager and he'll make sure he has two great 'keepers just in case Neuer gets injured, and Reina can show everyone what Liverpool missed last year."

Liverpool have been linked with a move for Sampdoria stopper Sergio Romero as they looked to bring in competition for Mignolet this time around.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/499683/Liverpool-could-have-won-the-title-with-Reina-in-goal-instead-of-Mignolet-Grobbelaar

He probably had a punt on us and is pissed off he lost the bet.

I'll get me coat  :laugh:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #121: Aug 15, 2014 03:35:41 pm
      There is also the point that if Reina was in net for the first game of the season against Stoke that he wouldn't have saved Walters' penalty.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #122: Aug 15, 2014 05:37:34 pm

Ifs and buts are all stupid, if Henderson didn't get suspended, If Gerrard didn't slip over, If we didn't lose to Southampton earlier in the season... if if if... the truth is Reina didn't peform well during his last couple of seasons with us so it would have been around the same. Johnson was poor in my opinion last season. Flanagan did okay but I wouldn't say he should be first 11. For saying how bad Skrtel was and people are claiming he was our best defender speaks volumes. We have a new back four and I think Mignolet will be getting more clean sheets now.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #123: Aug 16, 2014 11:47:54 am
      Rumour spreading that he's having his medical with us on Monday.
      LFC Dynamo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #124: Aug 30, 2014 09:15:36 pm
      Brendan Rodgers was unsure about any further incomings at Liverpool before the transfer deadline, but could he make room for a goalkeeper? According to Sky Sport Italia, Liverpool are interested in Sampdoria goalkeeper Sergio Romero, who has the same agent as recent signing Mario Balotelli.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,276 posts | 2833 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #125: Aug 30, 2014 09:19:36 pm
      Rumour spreading that he's having his medical with us on Monday.

Jim White will have a horn on him so

Quick Reply