Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Danny Ings (Burnley) - SIGNED BY LFC

Read 30712 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Danny Ings (Burnley)
      Reply #437: Jun 04, 2015 04:54:17 pm
      You have contradicted yourself there... he has scored 2 goals in the league but can barely get on the field. I looked into it and his league goals were against real madrid and espanyol. According to ESPN he didn't start many league games and he was subbed on at subbed on at 82 min
      81 min 78 min 73 min 69 min 72 min 79 min 66 min... i would be interested to see how many minutes played before you say that is a bad statistic. If it is 2 goals in 250 minutes.. it isn't that awful. If Aspas is good against teams in lower leagues then maybe we needed him against manfield town then when we relied on Suarez accidentally handling into the net so we could get a narrow victory. He also scored a goal in Europa league btw.. where he has had around 85 minutes total. Looking at the facts his loan has done better at Sevilla than he did Liverpool. 10 goals in 19 games is fine... the fact some of his goals were against easier teams is balanced by the fact by the majority of his games in the league he got 10-20 minutes at the end. What do you expect from Aspas? Did you think he would score every time he was subbed on and refuse to score against easier teams?...

Hardly "banging them in" as he struggles to even get game time in Sevilla.

What about his red cards though?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #438: Jun 04, 2015 04:55:10 pm
      You have contradicted yourself there... he has scored 2 goals in the league but can barely get on the field. I looked into it and his league goals were against real madrid and espanyol. According to ESPN he didn't start many league games and he was subbed on at subbed on at 82 min
      81 min 78 min 73 min 69 min 72 min 79 min 66 min... i would be interested to see how many minutes played before you say that is a bad statistic. If it is 2 goals in 250 minutes.. it isn't that awful. If Aspas is good against teams in lower leagues then maybe we needed him against manfield town then when we relied on Suarez accidentally handling into the net so we could get a narrow victory. He also scored a goal in Europa league btw.. where he has had around 85 minutes total. Looking at the facts his loan has done better at Sevilla than he did Liverpool. 10 goals in 19 games is fine... the fact some of his goals were against easier teams is balanced by the fact by the majority of his games in the league he got 10-20 minutes at the end. What do you expect from Aspas? Did you think he would score every time he was subbed on and refuse to score against easier teams?

Greatest Corner Ever
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #439: Jun 04, 2015 04:59:50 pm
      Hardly "banging them in" as he struggles to even get game time in Sevilla.

What about his red cards though?
      Strange question, but he only got 2 yellows. I was not saying he was banging them in, I was argueing the fact that it was said he has not done okay on his loan. Please go on and quote me where I said he was banging them in.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #440: Jun 04, 2015 05:03:14 pm
      Strange question, but he only got 2 yellows.

:D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #441: Jun 04, 2015 05:05:28 pm
      if that how you got 14200+ posts? trolling and smileys? go pat yourself on the back  :roll:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #442: Jun 04, 2015 05:06:16 pm
      if that how you got 14200+ posts? trolling and smileys? go pat yourself on the back  :roll:
      :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #443: Jun 04, 2015 05:09:50 pm
      All footballers have their fails, even Gerrard had one when he slipped... not sure what that has to do with the price of chips. I am done with you guys trolling, about Danny Ings, he is more sensible signing than Lambert but we need someone more prolific.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #444: Jun 04, 2015 05:19:39 pm
      Aspas?

What's the craic with all the chat in here then?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #445: Jun 04, 2015 05:27:58 pm
      Aspas?

What's the craic with all the chat in here then?

Riba getting ribbed over Aspas.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #446: Jun 04, 2015 06:09:45 pm
      Not going to discus Aspas in the Ings thread. Not going to feed the trolls.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #447: Jun 04, 2015 06:14:09 pm
      Suddenly some trolls are praising the merits of Aspas, when last year they couldn't wait to get rid?

Hilarious.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #448: Jun 04, 2015 06:19:42 pm
      Not going to discus Aspas in the Ings thread. Not going to feed the trolls.

;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #449: Jun 04, 2015 08:16:56 pm
      You don't care much about reality, do you?

10 goals  in  19 games.

Thats better than our leading scorer for the whole season .... which if Im not mistaken is 42 games ?
      FYI   The leading scorer has left the theatre.

Leave off the wacky mate.

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #450: Jun 04, 2015 09:55:55 pm
      If we want to maintain our position of mediocrity then Ings is the perfect player. If we want to start challenging again then we need to be looking elsewhere.

Don't we know it mate. The lad is bang average. He's a mid-table Premiership player at best. But that appears to be where we are heading. Would the club be interested if he wasn't out of contract? I don't think they would. Absolute bollox signing if it happens, I'll be truly pis.sed.

Neither Ings or Benteke will work given the way we play under Rodgers. We NEED a couple of players as close to Luis style as is possible. That means skilful, flair, hard working and pacy. Something along the lines of the kid Vietto or the lad Dybala that Juve have just signed up. Not a couple of mid table, over priced, over rated Premiership players of the Benteke range.

We don't need a target man, we don't need someone to hold it up, we don't need players who can go win it in the air. We had that this season and look where it got us. Wake up Brendan and the rest of the committee idiots. Pace, movement, skill and flair. That's the four words that should be applied to any striker search.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #451: Jun 04, 2015 11:20:46 pm
      10 goals  in  19 games.

Thats better than our leading scorer for the whole season .... which if Im not mistaken is 42 games ?

6 of which came in two legs against Sabadell. Second division side in case anyone was wondering, and yes, I did have to look them up.

2 league goals in 10 Skip so pretty much as average as his time here and you can't seriously be suggesting we'd have been better off with him here last season.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #452: Jun 04, 2015 11:29:07 pm
      2 league goals in 10 Skip so pretty much as average as his time here and you can't seriously be suggesting we'd have been better off with him here last season.

Sometimes I actually think we might have been, to be honest. Aspas' playing style fits more in tune with the rest of the team and it would have been his second season in English football. Foreign players typically always do better the second time around.

I'm not sure how many goals he'd have gotten -- maybe 5? -- but in terms of a plain and simple fit, I'd rather have had Aspas than Balotelli, for example.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #453: Jun 05, 2015 05:39:01 am
      10 goals  in  19 games.

:lmao:

Clutching at straws. There is so much to criticize at LFC right now - surely you don't need to go that far? One might even think you've really gone over the top. Maybe. Who knows.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #454: Jun 05, 2015 08:10:13 am
      :lmao:

Clutching at straws. There is so much to criticize at LFC right now - surely you don't need to go that far? One might even think you've really gone over the top. Maybe. Who knows.

Regrettably your self importance is misplaced.

This is sadly an irrelevant distraction.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #455: Jun 05, 2015 08:12:54 am
      6 of which came in two legs against Sabadell. Second division side in case anyone was wondering, and yes, I did have to look them up.

No. Im not....... please refer to our "top" scorers and the new hit man coming in ........ Ings.

I really thought when his name was being banded about a few weeks ago it was a piss take.

Scary time.

Its not.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #456: Jun 05, 2015 10:55:30 am
      Ings - another sign we become midtable club.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #457: Jun 05, 2015 11:15:13 am
      No. Im not....... please refer to our "top" scorers and the new hit man coming in ........ Ings.

I really thought when his name was being banded about a few weeks ago it was a piss take.

Scary time.

Its not.

Then I have no idea what point your trying to make by bringing Aspas into the discussion Skip.

Seem to be tying yourself in knots mate.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #458: Jun 05, 2015 12:17:39 pm
      this deal is happening start of next week after england games he will be a LFC player as he's young, british and has potential so ticks all the FSG boxes. i just hope he's not the main striker we get and after we move Lambert,ASPAS and borini on we get a 30mil striker.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #459: Jun 05, 2015 12:20:37 pm
      Absolutely no links to a top striker and no I don't include Benteke but we are getting another squad player.

Quick Reply