Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)

Read 24181 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)
      Reply #184: Aug 23, 2015 09:49:47 am
      I will criticise Henderson, because i don't rate him as a footballer and he is not LIVERPOOL captain material.
      But , what on earth are you talking about? "relentlessly goading and belittling him"
      Wipe the tear from your eye and have a cup cake, you'll feel better in no time at all.

I don't rate you as a poster on this forum and you are not LIVERPOOL supporter material.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #185: Aug 23, 2015 10:27:29 am
      It never fails to surprise me how aggressive,  most of the "positive" members, react to members with a negative side  to the debate.
      It must be a sign of a weaÄ· argument.
      My favourite though , has to be "Get behind the team !" Ha.
      How on earth do you get behind the team on a forum? Go the match and cheer on the team , yeh. but, how do you get behind the team on a forum?
      Go to the match? So everyone who watch the match on TV or people like me who don't even reside in England cannot get behind the team.This certainly would mean that only a few thousand(not using their iPads at Anfield) can actually get behind the team and we are just wasting our time as we can't go to the stadium to get behind the team.That is a hell of a logic. 
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #186: Aug 23, 2015 10:30:18 am
      I don't rate you as a poster on this forum and you are not LIVERPOOL supporter material.

I may be wrong but, i'm starting to sense just the slightest tinge of hostility from your posts. Try to stay positive.
      Anyway, what do you think the score will be tomorrow ?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #187: Aug 23, 2015 10:37:54 am
      To beat Arsenal, we must utilise the wings effectively.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #188: Aug 23, 2015 10:42:26 am
      Go to the match? So everyone who watch the match on TV or people like me who don't even reside in England cannot get behind the team.This certainly would mean that only a few thousand(not using their iPads at Anfield) can actually get behind the team and we are just wasting our time as we can't go to the stadium to get behind the team.That is a hell of a logic.

I never said watching the match on TV was wasting your time. However, writing a post on a forum is not getting behind the team. Standing on a street corner singing YNWA is not getting behind the team.
      To get behind the team, they usually have to be in front of you. Whether at the match or on the telly in front of you.
      The team are aware of the crowd watching and a TV audience but not affected by what i am saying on this forum.
      "Get behind the team" is usually just a stick used to beat a poster who does not share anothers view.
      By the way , i'd take a 1-1 tomoro.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #189: Aug 23, 2015 11:04:58 am
      Always a tough game at the Emirates and its been a long time since we went there and took 3 points (5 years?)...

We need to do what most teams fail to do at Arsenal for 90 mins and that's be first to every ball and close them down quickly. When they are in possession get at them fast and don't let them settle. There will be periods - long periods at that - where they have possession and we need to force them out wide and rely on crossing the ball for success. We also need to protect the CB's a lot more than normal so Lukas and Can should start with Hendo and Milner... This will allow us to protect and harass and force them out wide where our new WB can rely on pace on the counter to get a goal.

For me, this is one of the toughest places to go and get a result so anything would be good here but honestly we should be looking for 3 points. Arsenal are totally beatable if we get our tactics right. This one really is on BR, he knows how Arsenal will set up and how they will play - so he needs to plan for this.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #190: Aug 23, 2015 11:05:37 am
      Certainly makes Mondays at work seem that bit easier

and Tuesdays worse.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #191: Aug 23, 2015 11:12:58 am
      Mignolet

Clyne
      Skrtel
      Lovren
      Gomez

Milner
      Lucas
      Emre Can

Ibe
      Benteke
      Coutinho

Subs: Bogdan; Sakho, Moreno; Rossiter; Lallana; Ings, Firmino.

If Hendo is definitely out, and Lucas hasn't already agreed his loan to Besiktas I would play him to help shield the back four.

Going to be tough but we can win here! YNWA!

hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #192: Aug 23, 2015 11:20:38 am
      Totally agree with your line up Olly. Maybe Firmino instead of Ibe. It will be down to how well the 3 in midfield cope. I think we can nick a win here. Benteke to make a nuisance of himself and Coutinho to be man of the match. YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #193: Aug 23, 2015 11:42:53 am
      If the only change to the lineup is Can in for Hendo then only 3 starters remain from the 11 who started the game in April.  Migs, Can and Cou.

I'm not expecting it to be pretty today but I see no reason why we can't win the game.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #194: Aug 23, 2015 11:46:56 am
      Get the feeling Frimino will make the difference in that game! Big stage, perfect opportunity for him to shine! He'll come off the bench and he'll score us the winning goal!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #195: Aug 23, 2015 11:53:28 am
      I'm not expecting it to be pretty today but I see no reason why we can't win the game.

If only it was today, waiting until Monday for footy this early in the season doesn't help the tension / patience levels.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #196: Aug 23, 2015 11:58:37 am
      If only it was today, waiting until Monday for footy this early in the season doesn't help the tension / patience levels.

I know mate but to make it worse I'm going to miss watching it.  We had a lightening strike last night and it's knocked the internet out at the exchange, so no sky till Wednesday  >:(
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #197: Aug 23, 2015 12:04:10 pm
      I know mate but to make it worse I'm going to miss watching it.  We had a lightening strike last night and it's knocked the internet out at the exchange, so no sky till Wednesday  >:(

Yeah storms have been bad. Guessing going out to watch it isn't an option :(

See in the olden days you could have asked someone to record it for you on VHS, nowadays I actually wouldn't know how to capture off TV to give to someone, could do it off a computer but I doubt you have the patience to wait that long for it :(
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #198: Aug 23, 2015 12:21:17 pm
      Yeah storms have been bad. Guessing going out to watch it isn't an option :(

See in the olden days you could have asked someone to record it for you on VHS, nowadays I actually wouldn't know how to capture off TV to give to someone, could do it off a computer but I doubt you have the patience to wait that long for it :(

Tbf I could go to my daughters but she'd talk all the way through it and annoy the hell out of me if we don't play well.  I'll get to watch it on lfctv once it's sorted, so I'm fine following it on here.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #199: Aug 23, 2015 12:43:16 pm
      Welcome to come watch it at my house, kids will be at school, there'll be no one to bother you...but you should probably get to looking at some plane tickets.

Bring the family...make a vacation out of it ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #200: Aug 23, 2015 12:53:33 pm
      Tbf I could go to my daughters but she'd talk all the way through it and annoy the hell out of me if we don't play well.  I'll get to watch it on lfctv once it's sorted, so I'm fine following it on here.

Hey Debs, if you fancy a wee drive down the Mway, your very welcome to watch it at my yard, if you supply the liquid refreshments, alcohol only, I'll supply the munchies, plus you get the added bonus of meeting yours truly, oh and I promise not to natter all the way thru.   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  ;D

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #201: Aug 23, 2015 01:13:58 pm
      Welcome to come watch it at my house, kids will be at school, there'll be no one to bother you...but you should probably get to looking at some plane tickets.

Bring the family...make a vacation out of it ;D

Hey Debs, if you fancy a wee drive down the Mway, your very welcome to watch it at my yard, if you supply the liquid refreshments, alcohol only, I'll supply the munchies, plus you get the added bonus of meeting yours truly, oh and I promise not to natter all the way thru.   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  ;D

YNWA

Hmmm let me think, Florida or Glasgow?  Nice offers from both of you but I'll survive  :gt-happyup:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #202: Aug 23, 2015 02:49:54 pm
      In was thinking about Moreno in for Ibe and maybe a three at the back, which we almost had at times last week, just to give that extra but of security against Arsenal.

Mignolet

Skrtel Lovren Gomez

Clyne Milner Can Moreno

Lallana Coutinho

Benteke
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #203: Aug 23, 2015 02:58:53 pm
      I am looking forward to watching the game. I think we will do well. I will be at work, but watch through the NBC live app.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #204: Aug 23, 2015 03:41:47 pm
      How many times have we won at the Emirates? Just once, right? The 2011-12 match when Meireles flipped off someone after Suarez scored the second.

We usually play like a bunch of limp, wet noodles down there. This is where you hope someone like Benteke can use his size to his advantage and gives an inkling of toughness.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #205: Aug 23, 2015 03:48:26 pm
      How many times have we won at the Emirates? Just once, right?

Getting a bit tired of seeing people bang on about this in all honesty. It's this season what matters, not what has happened over the previous seasons. If we win this game then no doubt people will say next season how we've only won twice there in the last however long.

Dwelling on past results isn't going to change anything. Sooner or later our bad form there has to end so why not now?!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #206: Aug 23, 2015 04:02:06 pm
      In was thinking about Moreno in for Ibe and maybe a three at the back, which we almost had at times last week, just to give that extra but of security against Arsenal.

Mignolet

Skrtel Lovren Gomez

Clyne Milner Can Moreno

Lallana Coutinho

Benteke

Move Gomez over to the right, Lovren on the left and Skrtel in the middle and you could be onto something Si but I doubt Brendan will change things so soon in the season.

Quick Reply