Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Pre-match Stoke V Liverpool League Cup semi-final 1st leg, 5th Jan 20.00

Read 8779 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Pre-match Stoke V Liverpool League Cup semi-final 1st leg, 5th Jan 20.00
      Reply #46: Jan 05, 2016 02:02:32 am
      think Jürgen has told him straight prove to me your fit enough and he hasn't has he. With all the highly paid medical staff we have and access to the the best Doctors in the world this lad still cannot get himself free from injury.

Don't think he want to at times mate.

Read my post in the Sturridge thread where I paraphrased an excerpt from Stevie's last book.

Had to be begged by Stevie to play against the Mancs at Anfield despite doctors giving him the ok.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #47: Jan 05, 2016 02:37:26 am
      Mignolet
      Clyne Lovren Sakho Smith
      Allen Can
      Lallana Coutinho Ibe
      Firmino

Would bench Benteke, and put Firmino up. And wouldn't even have Firmino if there was anyone else available.
      Give Smith a run, and Allen. Can for energy. And Ibe another chance.
      Maybe, just maybe, try to replicate even some semblance of the away performances that blew us away some weeks back.

I like this. I have been wanting to see Firmino in a false 9 again. I just remind myself of the Man City game of him and Coutinho and pray it can start to become a consistent thing.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #48: Jan 05, 2016 06:51:55 am
      Tough test but over 2 legs I fancy us,

Mignolet
            Clyne Lovren Sakho Moreno
                          Lucas Can
                 Ibe      Coutinho.   Canos
                              Firmino

I know,  Canos is still on loan t think, but Lallana for me just isn't pulling his weight, so I'd rather F**k him off and play someone who gives a F**k,

1-2 mighty Reds

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #49: Jan 05, 2016 07:02:52 am
      I'm liking that team very much but bloody well leave Bogdan out will ya, he's a damn liability.

Just figured he's been our Cup keeper so far. Might get the nod again.

It's like picking between a kick in the nuts and a punch to the face with those two in goal.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #50: Jan 05, 2016 09:17:50 am
      Don't think he want to at times mate.

Read my post in the Sturridge thread where I paraphrased an excerpt from Stevie's last book.

Had to be begged by Stevie to play against the Mancs at Anfield despite doctors giving him the ok.

http://www.balls.ie/football/steven-gerrard-audiobook-daniel-sturridge/310893

Unfuckingbelievable
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #51: Jan 05, 2016 09:45:16 am
      Just been showing games between us , naturally they showed the 6/ 1 then they showed us duffing them 8 nil  note to big ben take a look at
       god, s last goal put through 1v 1 no fuss no dithering just put the fcker in the onion bag now thats how you do it .
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #52: Jan 05, 2016 10:06:26 am
      It's suited us playing against teams who were favourites under Klopp so far.  Chelsea, City, Southampton (away) we were all a bit concerned I think. Leicester (home) too possibly considering their form. Now Stoke away is a tough game and they are in decent form at the moment. They are a much different Stoke to what they were under Pulis. Need to get a grip of Arnautovic early on. Man mark him. Afellay, Shaqiri and Bojan are the other dangers - their four lads in attack are all very good players.

I fancy us to go there and just dominate possession though just like we did in the above games. Don't let them play. As soon as they do gain possession then hunt them down. It's a shame we can't play like that every week but I fancy us tonight. When the pressure is off us to win the game we've come good. The pressure is all on Stoke, they're the ones at home in a 2 leg semi final. We need to work so much harder than we did against West Ham though, the boys need to pull their fingers out and put a shift in tonight.

Mignolet

Clyne
      Sakho
      Lovren
      Moreno

Lucas
      Can

Lallana
      Coutinho
      Ibe

Firmino

COME ON REDS.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #53: Jan 05, 2016 10:07:34 am
      I'm liking that team very much but bloody well leave Bogdan out will ya, he's a damn liability.

And Mignolet is... what?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #54: Jan 05, 2016 10:21:04 am
      Can't say that I am look forward to this game. Lets hope that our mid-field stays strong
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #55: Jan 05, 2016 10:43:20 am
      Tough game.

If we dont deserve it then we dont deserve it.

Sturridge.
      Just get rid.
      Pumping out money week after week into his bank account for what ?
      It was a cheapskate bad buy as he already had an injury list by then.
      BR knew him so BR knew best.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #56: Jan 05, 2016 11:09:32 am
      well here we go again match day most pundits going for Stoke and as we seem to play one game good one game bad tonight should be a good game. Fancy us playing without a Striker tonight just trying to keep us in the game getting them back to "Fortress Anfield".
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #57: Jan 05, 2016 11:15:32 am
      I'm feeling very positive about this game. Klopp will certainly be taking it very seriously and I am sure the players will not want a repeat of what happened against Villa last season. I also believe because this is a cup game, Stoke will have to come at us and that is when we usually play well.

Mignolet
         Clyne            Lovren                     Sakho           Moreno

Lucas
                              Allen                   Can

Ibe                                       Coutinho   
                                      Benteke

Would love to see a goal spectacular as against Southampton, but I think Liverpool will win by the only goal 1-0

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #58: Jan 05, 2016 11:20:06 am
      I'm feeling very positive about this game. Klopp will certainly be taking it very seriously and I am sure the players will not want a repeat of what happened against Villa last season. I also believe because this is a cup game, Stoke will have to come at us and that is when we usually play well.

Mignolet
         Clyne            Lovren                     Sakho           Moreno

Lucas
                              Allen                   Can

Ibe                                       Coutinho   
                                      Benteke

Would love to see a goal spectacular as against Southampton, but I think Liverpool will win by the only goal 1-0

I think he will flood the midfield and I really think he is struggling to see what Benteke brings to a game to support the team.
      Also if Sturridge travels to watch the game isn't it about time he starts paying for his ticket.
      Funny thing about being a Liverpool supporter you cant help but be optimistic even when there is no logical reason to be.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #59: Jan 05, 2016 11:28:51 am
      Really need to get result tonight, cause don't really see that having the 2nd leg at home is that much of an advantage.
      They are good at home, so will be tough.
      Hope we leave out Benteke from first XI, even as an experiment just to see if we are more cohesive without him. If we're brutal, we can always bring him on later.
      Most importantly ... turn up, and fight.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #60: Jan 05, 2016 11:51:51 am

Number two keeper in Belgium and a very, very, very good goalkeeper (Klopp's words not mine)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #61: Jan 05, 2016 12:06:03 pm
      Number two keeper in Belgium and a very, very, very good goalkeeper (Klopp's words not mine)

We are signing a new goalkeeper Kamil Grabara next week mate. Klopp said he's only signed him to stop you moaning :)

He's only 16 but if Mignolet's as bad as you think, it shouldn't take Kamil long to break into the first team.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #62: Jan 05, 2016 12:17:11 pm
      We are signing a new goalkeeper Kamil Grabara next week mate. Klopp said he's only signed him to stop you moaning :)

:D

I'm a lot more upbeat this morning but its probably my usual pre match optimism kicking in.

On the forwards I think if were going to be using Benteke consistently I'd keep playing him and try and work something out.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2016 01:10:38 pm by srslfc »
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #63: Jan 05, 2016 12:52:58 pm
      This is going to be a tough, tough match. Stoke aren't playing for Europe, so winning a cup for their supporters is a priority. Plus they're actually playing some really good football of late. I'm a little worried, but you never know what you get with us these days.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #64: Jan 05, 2016 12:59:51 pm

I'm a lot more upbeat this morning but its probably my usual pretty match optimism kicking in.

On the forwards I think if were going to be using Benzene consistently I'd keep playing him and try and work something out.

Benzene a toxic substance now banned - certainly toxic on these forums   :)

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #65: Jan 05, 2016 01:10:04 pm
      Benzene a toxic substance now banned - certainly toxic on these forums   :)

Benteke pisses me off for this more than his football. I correct that every time and still it posts wrong sometimes.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #66: Jan 05, 2016 01:10:54 pm

I'm a lot more upbeat this morning but its probably my usual pretty match optimism kicking in.

On the forwards I think if were going to be using Benzene consistently I'd keep playing him and try and work something out.

Ironically, benzene evaporates in the air. Much like our Christian.

And i, too, am optimistic for some reason. Blind faith probably.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #67: Jan 05, 2016 01:23:54 pm
      Could do with a bit of this tonight.

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/684359460567920640
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #68: Jan 05, 2016 01:27:13 pm
      Like to see Smith get a start tonight, though not in place of Moreno. Want 4 4 2 with Smith and Moreno interchangeable on the left.

Might switch off if I see Lallana Coutinho and Firmino all start with Benteke upfront on his own. It doesn't do anything for us except make us look poo

Quick Reply