Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland: In Game and Post Game Discussion

Read 31339 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland: In Game and Post Game Discussion
      Reply #690: Feb 06, 2016 06:07:17 pm
      Doesn't us dropping points after the fans left kinda prove a point - Football is Nothing Without the Fans!!!!!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #691: Feb 06, 2016 06:10:04 pm
      Doesn't us dropping points after the fans left kinda prove a point - Football is Nothing Without the Fans!!!!!!

Deb if you can make the arrogant fuckers who own the club understand that we might actually be able to put the club back together again
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #692: Feb 06, 2016 06:11:11 pm

Spot on Debs
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #693: Feb 06, 2016 06:12:09 pm
      Said it before and I'll say it again, they should have brought Klopp in pre season and not 8 games in. Because that helps nobody.

Think we are searching for excuses now mate. I appreciate that these players aren't Klopps choices, but a manager is supposed to make the best of what he has and I don't really believe even these players are as bad as they are showing right now.

I support Klopp and I think we will get better... a lot better, but I am not going to lie and say that Klopp bears no responsibility for these abject performances ... because he does.

I think we need to be patient, but we also need to be honest about where we are now and where we should be at this moment in time. I don't believe this squad is a top 4 squad, but neither is it a mid table squad either.

We are under performing... fact.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #694: Feb 06, 2016 06:16:28 pm
      I have absolutely no issue whatsoever with what the supporters did today.

You cannot merely take the issue of a walkout in the context of this match. For too long, they are being asked to cough up time and time again to pay to watch this cataclysmic f**k up of a great institution. My god, the only semblance of any hope in this club is the manager. Everything else - above and below, whether it is the boardroom and the destructive transfer committee or the squad of players - is letting him and the fans down.

There is a reason why Liverpool fans have taken to Klopp. He has passion, he has love for the game, he has the romanticist streak, he is determined and most importantly, he is a winner. It is clear why he is so popular - because he is one of us.

So now we have a strange situation whereby Liverpool FC is divided between the Good (Klopp and the supporters), the Bad (FSG, Ayre and the committee) and the Ugly (the actual team). If the good prevails, then we will win again. But the Good must be heard and listened to. Therefore, it is not right that hard paying loyal fans are having to waste money towards the bad ownership of the club.

Perhaps the walkout did have an impact on the players belief. But so what? It's not as if the players are hard done by - they earn a good wage, they go to bed and sleep easy, they'll take our money when they play bad but once we show dissent, they go off the boil? F**k that mentality. We go to bed knowing we've wasted a great deal of money to pay into their pockets, of which they are increasingly undeserving of. I'm not going to waste my breath supporting these players. They don't know what it means to play for Liverpool - if it's not showing off their sh*t haircuts on Instagram, or boasting about their scores on FIFA, then they are putting in constant horror shows like today. Enough is enough - I would quite happily pay good money to see the likes of winners like Gerrard, Suarez, Hypia, Fowler, Barnes, Carragher, Dalglish, Souness, etc play football. I'm not coughing up good money however to watch wimpish brain addled tw*ts play for the shirt of Liverpool.

We now have losers in the boardroom, losers in the transfer committee (low league sh*te all of them), and losers in the playing squad. So to ask us to pay more at time when these losers are yielding a constant malign influence isn't just insensitive, it is downright offensive.

We do have a winner in the manager. And we have winners in the supporters. If we can get our way then we'll be fine. As long time supporters, we know what winning is. We know what winning looks like. But do some blokes from America who have no idea about football know what winning is? I doubt it - they see us as a cash cow, not as a winning club. And do some hodge podge of a committee consisting of lower league fuckwits from Rushden & Diamond, Blackburn and Reading - not to mention Ian Ayre who took Huddersfield Town into administration - know what winning is? Of course not - a winning club must have winners in all aspects of the club. Not just from the managerial hotseat or the supporters.

So it might be high time for FSG to f**k off, or at the very least, gain a sense of humility and actually listen to winners for once.
      +10
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #695: Feb 06, 2016 06:17:36 pm
      Think we are searching for excuses now mate. I appreciate that these players aren't Klopps choices, but a manager is supposed to make the best of what he has and I don't really believe even these players are as bad as they are showing right now.

I support Klopp and I think we will get better... a lot better, but I am not going to lie and say that Klopp bears no responsibility for these abject performances ... because he does.

I think we need to be patient, but we also need to be honest about where we are now and where we should be at this moment in time. I don't believe this squad is a top 4 squad, but neither is it a mid table squad either.

The squad is definitely better than they're performing now. But is the squad minus Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Gomez, etc. better than they are performing now? Maybe slightly, but not by much.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #696: Feb 06, 2016 06:18:33 pm
      the ultimate way to make a point would be not to go to the game it is our ultimate weapon because it sends the message out that we will not be ignored
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #697: Feb 06, 2016 06:19:10 pm
      To blame the f**k up today on the fans protest is s load of conservertve  hogwash the blame lies squarly on the players some more than others and the transfer commite end of

... and someone else who wanted to leave a legacy.
      He did.

He certainly did ... at a damaging cost.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #698: Feb 06, 2016 06:19:32 pm
      the ultimate way to make a point would be not to go to the game it is our ultimate weapon because it sends the message out that we will not be ignored

But sadly Walton there will be 10 others to take the place of those that do not show...and those that purchase season tickets are not going to buy them, not use than and let them rot.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #699: Feb 06, 2016 06:21:21 pm

Fhact.

Well said.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #700: Feb 06, 2016 06:22:56 pm

Might be better to go the game and sit there silent for 90 minutes. Because that's what Anfield will be like if these greedy fuckers get their own way.
      designerlfc73
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Sunderland
      Reply #701: Feb 06, 2016 06:24:00 pm
      Worth bearing in mind they are the league leaders and thrashed Man City today.
      That's right they did hand Man City a stuffing today. My point was that they finished 14th in the PL last season, they were playing in the Championship the season before that! What would you have said to someone if they told you at the beginning of this season that we would be 18 points behind them in February!! They haven't spent a massive amount of money but their players are playing for the team, their attitude, work ethic, passion and hunger is spot on. We don't need to spend a massive amount of money, we just need to get the right players in who want to be here. Look at Alex Teixeira, I think we dodged a whole load of trouble with him. It's obvious by his move to China, he's only in it for the money!! We need to stop trying to build teams every season because we didn't get the right players in from the start. The owners need to understand that it's not a business first and football club second. They're priority needs to be to sort out who's representing this great club on the pitch.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #702: Feb 06, 2016 06:24:06 pm
      Might be better to go the game and sit there silent for 90 minutes. Because that's what Anfield will be like if these greedy fuckers get their own way.

everyone in th eworld will know the protest is about the owners and I think that would hurt their precious ego's
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1492 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #703: Feb 06, 2016 06:25:46 pm

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't making excuses Saint, and I agree with you. I've said in the past I think Klopp should be getting more out of the players. Perhaps not much, but certainly not the displays we've seen. I actually think Rodgers would have gotten more points at this stage purely because they were his players.

That said, it's still early days and we won't know anything with real certainty until about 10 games into next season.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1492 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #704: Feb 06, 2016 06:28:28 pm
      Is anyone else not getting notifications all of a sudden?

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #705: Feb 06, 2016 06:30:20 pm
      Not a fighter or lunatic amongst that squad.
      Bottlers.

No World Class talent either.

All stripped from the squad by Rodgers/FSG.
      It's painful to watch.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #706: Feb 06, 2016 06:31:49 pm
      The squad is definitely better than they're performing now. But is the squad minus Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Gomez, etc. better than they are performing now? Maybe slightly, but not by much.

You have an argument with Henderson (who played today) Coutinho and Sturridge. Origi, Ings Gomez, while promising players have proved nothing yet.

The whole point of having a strong squad is to cover for injuries and loss of form. I don't think we should be crying too hard into our beer when we have a £32million striker sat on the bench and that with the exception of Sturridge and Coutinho was probably our strongest team.

Too many excuses for far too many piss poor performances this season. No one was moaning about our injuries when we were beating Citeh and Chelsea .... we were going to win the league :)

There are always excuses mate, it is the ones that overcome their problems that succeed while the ones that bemoan their luck that fail.

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #707: Feb 06, 2016 06:33:09 pm
      Deb if you can make the arrogant fuckers who own the club understand that we might actually be able to put the club back together again

Yes, it's nothing to do with the players on the pitch or the man who selects and trains them - it's the fault of the owners on the other side of the Atlantic.

No doubt you will b sticking posters up of JWH if we actually manage to win a game so that you can't be accused of being a hypocrite.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #708: Feb 06, 2016 06:33:40 pm
      Seemingly another f**k up, after being 2  0 up ( my prediction ) enough said !
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #709: Feb 06, 2016 06:33:52 pm
      Not a fighter or lunatic amongst that squad.
      Bottlers.

No World Class talent either.

All stripped from the squad by Rodgers/FSG.
      It's painful to watch.

The only world class talent that we've sold under Rodgers/FSG has been Suarez. And that was after they did everything they could to keep him another year. If you want to include Sterling, we can, but he effectively made his position untenable by behaving like a c**t with his agent. We weren't a world class team before FSG came in, we're not a world class team now. To blame it on them is a F***ing nonsense.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Sunderland
      Reply #710: Feb 06, 2016 06:35:22 pm
      From what I saw there is no doubt that the players KNEW what was going on and I genuinely believe it distracted them. Before 77 minutes we were really comfortable - I would have bet on us getting a third in fact. It was so so comfortable at 2-0 and completely deserved on the performance up until that point. Then from around the time the fans started to walk out we started to let the ball bounce, gave away stupid free kicks, passing all over the place, disjointed movement - jittery as hell. 110% sure that the walkout caused this. I think your brothers did a wise thing. I think supporters groups have to think carefully about how and when we conduct protests in the future. If it's going to impact upon the team's performance then don't bother. No way would I seek to compromise the performance of the players. It's rule number 1 as a fan - don't do anything that will undermine the performance of the team.

At the end of the day, people are going to blame Mignolet, Sakho etc for the dropped points. But as I believe the supporters are as much a part of the performance, we have to take complicity in the dropped points as well. It's simple as that really.
      Utter bollocks. You are just absolving the players of the fact they crumbled ( as they always do, even without any fans walking out)  Really crass , if i'm being honest.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #711: Feb 06, 2016 06:37:09 pm
      You have an argument with Henderson (who played today) Coutinho and Sturridge. Origi, Ings Gomez, while promising players have proved nothing yet.

The whole point of having a strong squad is to cover for injuries and loss of form. I don't think we should be crying too hard into our beer when we have a £32million striker sat on the bench and that with the exception of Sturridge and Coutinho was probably our strongest team.

Too many excuses for far too many piss poor performances this season. No one was moaning about our injuries when we were beating Citeh and Chelsea .... we were going to win the league :)

There are always excuses mate, it is the ones that overcome their problems that succeed while the ones that bemoan their luck that fail.

Henderson is playing, but he's clearly carrying a knock. Ings had been our best player prior to his injury, Origi was finding form and looking better than Benteke, etc.

Yeah, the point of a squad is to cover for injuries. What we've had to deal with this season is far greater than the norm though. I can't remember ever having so many players out injured.

I'd be interested in knowing what team has overcome that many injuries to actually go on and win a league or compete for the league.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #712: Feb 06, 2016 06:38:23 pm
      Said it before and I'll say it again, they should have brought Klopp in pre season and not 8 games in. Because that helps nobody.

For the 8 millionth time Klopp was not available pre season he was still on his sabbatical.

Quick Reply