Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Walkout 77'!

Read 30651 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,247 posts | 1226 
      Re: Walkout 77'!
      Reply #138: Feb 07, 2016 08:46:23 pm
      No it isn't. If it was, we wouldn't be spending years fretting over whether we make the top 4 or not, and cannon fodder wouldn't be spending years, and in some cases decades fretting over whether they will make the top 17 come May, and firing those who (look like they) won't make it.

This is a dog-eat-dog business, and whether we like it or not, club owners have the right to charge whatever the market will bear. They think the tickets at the highest figure will be sold, and the reality is they will be sold. While that's the case, there's no obligation for them to change. And if you're not going to buy a ticket at that price, then it's not really your problem. At least with home games, there are a number of less expensive alternatives available.

Pathetic.

Another 'price of everything, value of nothing' type.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #139: Feb 07, 2016 08:50:20 pm
      So I guess we won't see anymore posts about OOT's being held accountable for the atmosphere at Anfield.

I'm sorry for that but yesterday's walkout was simply a sophomoric gesture.  It did nothing to change opinions of a business minded board.  Every game sells out. Of course they are going to raise prices.  It's a freaking business to them!!

When I watched the mass exit I thought "Hmm best supporters in the world?"

It really makes me wonder sometimes whether the fans want to win on the pitch or if it's more important for them to win their battles off the pitch.

Can't you just be greatful that you've gotten into the ground to watch our team play?  And when you do just realize that there are millions around the world that would love to be where you are sitting.  Many of those would be willing to pay a helluva lot more than 77 pounds for that ticket.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #140: Feb 07, 2016 09:04:43 pm
      So I guess we won't see anymore posts about OOT's being held accountable for the atmosphere at Anfield.

I'm sorry for that but yesterday's walkout was simply a sophomoric gesture.  It did nothing to change opinions of a business minded board.  Every game sells out. Of course they are going to raise prices.  It's a freaking business to them!!

When I watched the mass exit I thought "Hmm best supporters in the world?"

It really makes me wonder sometimes whether the fans want to win on the pitch or if it's more important for them to win their battles off the pitch.

Can't you just be greatful that you've gotten into the ground to watch our team play?  And when you do just realize that there are millions around the world that would love to be where you are sitting.  Many of those would be willing to pay a helluva lot more than 77 pounds for that ticket.
      You honestly think there are people who would gladly pay more than 77 pounds every week?,  your kidding yourself then. I've no doubt the games will be sold out every week, but it won't be by the same people every week, it will be by the people you mention who may get over once or twice in the season, that's probably what the owners are hoping for, the tourists that will spend money in the club shop, you know the fans that have been turned into customers!

If anyone thinks the extra £2 million or so is going to result in bigger transfer fees and wages you're delusional, that's not the aim of the price increases.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #141: Feb 07, 2016 09:10:58 pm
      At this stage of the season when the team needs our full support walking out of the stadium at any stage before the final whistle is going to cause more harm then good. Just don't bother going at all.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,247 posts | 1226 
      Reply #142: Feb 07, 2016 09:18:32 pm
      If anyone thinks the extra £2 million or so is going to result in bigger transfer fees and wages you're delusional, that's not the aim of the price increases.

And that's the point!

Two million quid is f*ck all in the grand scheme of the club's finances. We pay what, five times that to agents ? And how many times would £2m need to be multiplied to fit into FSG's transfer f*ck ups?

To the average supporter, on the other hand, £77 for a ticket is a lot of money. The owners are taking the f*cking piss in asking for more money from the fans.

The walkout was fully justified.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #143: Feb 07, 2016 09:23:20 pm
      At this stage of the season when the team needs our full support walking out of the stadium at any stage before the final whistle is going to cause more harm then good. Just don't bother going at all.

All well and good saying that if you aren't one of the ones who ends up paying 77 quid every two weeks to watch Simon Mignolet play football.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #144: Feb 07, 2016 09:26:49 pm
      Then give yourself one.. If you don't like my opinion don't respond to it. But as it's a forum and not a dick sucking contest I'll voice my opinion when I have one.
      Looking at most of your posts mate, think you'd do better in a dick sucking contest to be fair.
      Like you say everyone has an opinion and a right to express it.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #145: Feb 07, 2016 09:32:30 pm
      And that's the point!

Two million quid is f*ck all in the grand scheme of the club's finances. We pay what, five times that to agents ? And how many times would £2m need to be multiplied to fit into FSG's transfer f*ck ups?

To the average supporter, on the other hand, £77 for a ticket is a lot of money. The owners are taking the f*cking piss in asking for more money from the fans.

The walkout was fully justified.

I honestly don't get the reason for the price rises, if it genuinely was going towards players signings, I struggle to see how much difference it would make. "Hey Mr Klopp we have an extra 2 million available for you this season" well  woopy F***ing doo!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #146: Feb 07, 2016 09:37:04 pm
      Somebody mentioned contacting the sponsors, starting with Subway?

Are we mass e-mailing a la RBS & co?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #147: Feb 07, 2016 09:39:47 pm
      Somebody mentioned contacting the sponsors, starting with Subway?

Are we mass e-mailing a la RBS & co?

There's a link to the info a couple of pages back I think mate.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #148: Feb 07, 2016 09:41:53 pm
      The really frustrating thing (and its been highlighted already but still gets to me) is that there really is no need for it. It's just pure greed considering the tv deal.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #149: Feb 07, 2016 09:42:01 pm

And when you do just realize that there are millions around the world that would love to be where you are sitting.  Many of those would be willing to pay a helluva lot more than 77 pounds for that ticket.

That my friend is the reason why we all should be throwing our weight behind the protest.

There will be someone else to exploit which this protest serves to protect.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #150: Feb 07, 2016 09:44:05 pm
      You honestly think there are people who would gladly pay more than 77 pounds every week?,  your kidding yourself then. I've no doubt the games will be sold out every week, but it won't be by the same people every week, it will be by the people you mention who may get over once or twice in the season, that's probably what the owners are hoping for, the tourists that will spend money in the club shop, you know the fans that have been turned into customers!

think he wants us to sit there an clap when the board goes up and when we see a picture of JH we must applaud and shout our approval.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #151: Feb 07, 2016 09:47:03 pm
      think he wants us to sit there an clap when the board goes up and when we see a picture of JH we must applaud and shout our approval.

All hail our Honourable Chairman!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #152: Feb 07, 2016 09:49:13 pm
      There's a link to the info a couple of pages back I think mate.

Cheers Debs, helps if I look through the thread, eh?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #153: Feb 07, 2016 09:51:19 pm

Can you imagine telling thousands of scousers to sit there quietly because they are lucky to have a ticket.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #154: Feb 07, 2016 09:59:20 pm
      It's about time government and the FA stepped in to put a maximum price cap on match day tickets. Surely they can do more to protect your average paying fan from these sharks.
      « Last Edit: Feb 07, 2016 10:13:23 pm by fields of anny rd »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #155: Feb 07, 2016 10:08:06 pm
      looking around the various forums there seems to be a lot of people writing almost word for word support for FSG. 
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #156: Feb 07, 2016 10:19:57 pm
      I was just trying to figure out your motive for what you've been saying and looking back through your posts, I started with your first posts on Reds and never got past page 2, what happened? You start out about talking about the kind of owners you want and talking about the LFC family in totally decent tones and then jump forward to today and you're spouting sh*t?

:confused-smiley-013:

A motive for having a different opinion? no motive mate, no agenda, I'm not a plant, bootlicker etc etc or any of the other accusations or abuse I've had thrown at me. Thanks for that though guys/gals stay classy.

I felt for Jürgen yesterday and i felt for the team.

A lot of fans never get to Anfield and a lot do and really don't deserve their ticket. Thats my difference of opinion. It wasn't meant to cause malice, aggravate or offend.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #157: Feb 07, 2016 10:21:26 pm
      The really frustrating thing (and its been highlighted already but still gets to me) is that there really is no need for it. It's just pure greed considering the tv deal.

please understand that the only people to benefit from the new deal will be players and agents
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #158: Feb 07, 2016 10:23:47 pm
      Anyone who really thinks I'm a plant is worryingly delusional. Inbox me if you want i'd be happy to talk further about my life away from football. but don't throw mud and see what sticks.. its a pretty crap way of debating on a forum.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #159: Feb 07, 2016 10:29:01 pm
      please understand that the only people to benefit from the new deal will be players and agents

Yep agree, which will make it harder to keep up with the sugar daddy teams. I grew up on  a healthy diet of Italian football you could see this coming years ago.. but everyone rode the wave, rather than protesting for wage caps etc that would have saved football. I hate what its become, but I'm also thinking rationally in my mind, if we don't compete we are gonna struggle big time. I don't wanna see us fall into mediocrity and i also don't want us to be owned by billionaires throwing money around. Rock and a hard place.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #160: Feb 07, 2016 10:36:56 pm
      Fantastic news if true.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
          Liverpool considering a review of elements of their new ticket price structure in light of Saturday's protests at Anfield.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
          Discussions between FSG & senior Liverpool management took place today & are set to continue this week.

Quick Reply