Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      4 (2.3%)
      Kolo Toure
      8 (4.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1.1%)
      Emre Can
      6 (3.4%)
      James Milner
      6 (3.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      78 (44.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      51 (28.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      16 (9%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.6%)
      Kevin Stewart
      1 (0.6%)
      Christian Benteke
      2 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 171

Voting closed: Feb 18, 2016 04:03:02 pm

Aston Villa 0-6 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Valentines love-in

Read 35667 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Aston Villa 0-6 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Valentines love-in
      Reply #644: Feb 15, 2016 03:00:20 am
      I do love going through the rest of the day in a good mood for once :D We were as good as Villa were sh*te.

Mignolet - nothing to do.

Clyne - excellent! Finally a good performance from him in the final third but still can't cross to save his life. He was always in space, putting in an effort to support in attack and a great run to get his goal.

Sakho - nothing to do.

Kolo - :lmao: moment of the season when he scored! Probably thanks to the worst defending of all time in a penalty area but he deserves that goal because he's probably been our best centre back this season with some really good performances.

Moreno - nothing to do in defence but a very solid performance in attack. I'll never rate him but he was good today and delivered some threatening crosses. Linked well with Phil all game.

Emre Can - scored a peach of a goal but still disappointed in his performance in the middle. He was so laboured in the first half and really needs to work on receiving the ball and turning to face the opposition goal in one motion rather than getting the ball from the centre backs and just passing it back to them first time.

Henderson - shouldn't say too much otherwise i'll regret what i say. sh*te and has been since he got back.

Milner - a very solid display that seemed to get lost in the talk of Firmino and Phil around him. Fortunate goal but that's two against Villa this season for him and a deserved one with the work he puts in.

Coutinho - you little wizard! What a ball for Sturridge, what a ball for Divock and he played a half dozen more of those. Please stay fit and keep putting those performances in. Just a brilliant footballer to watch on his day, i love him.

Sturridge - man, it's good to have a striker! Transforms this team from sh*te to very good just by being there. Excellent positioning in the box (take note, Benteke) and his header was perfect (take note, Benteke).

Firmino - we have a special one here, lads and ladettes. Hassled the defender to win the ball leading to the Milner goal, hassled the midfielder to win the ball leading to the Origi goal, set up Can, played the ball to Clyne for his initial effort leading to the 5th and won the ball upfield another half dozen times. Still you can see he's not quite fully up to speed as he gets caught on it and bumped off a few times but the output for the team is just brilliant. Another superb display from him and my MOTM.

Now every f**ker stay fit and we could still come out of this season with something to show for it.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #645: Feb 15, 2016 03:20:47 am
      I don't mind Arsenal winning it. I've never had any issue with them, even in '89 when they denied us the title.

Would be kinda funny to see them missing out once again when all the other big teams have fluffed it though. Crossing my fingers for a Leicester win but can't see them lasting the distance.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #646: Feb 15, 2016 06:31:21 am
      Can we please stop discussing who is gonna win the title in this thread. It hurts to see us out of the running and egging on other teams. I hope we beat the hell out of Spurs when we meet them at Anfield and show them their true worth.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #647: Feb 15, 2016 06:59:28 am

Well now that you mention it.  >:D

It's not odd though.
      It's not odd for fans to remember another striker missing an opportunity in a similar situation only a few days ago.
      It's a F***ing raw nerve.

Guess he was just unlucky Coutinho and Firmino came of then.
      Said something similar to my old man during the game we took off our biggest creators , and then send Ben on felt a bit sorry for him there , saying that if it had been him in Origis place I guess we would have won five nil.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #648: Feb 15, 2016 08:05:12 am
      Great start to the day.  Not even 8am the morning after a 6-0 thrashing and I'm still deleting petty, sniping posts.

Cut it the F**k out!!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #649: Feb 15, 2016 08:21:44 am
      I've no great hatred for Villa, but based on yesterday's performance they shouldn't be in the Premier league, their marking for Sturridge and Kolo's goals was something I'd have expected from.us to be honest.

Taking nothing away from our performance as you can only beat what's put in front of you, and boy did we do that. You might say what did we learn from beating such a poor team so easily, but our lads will undoubtedly gain a lot of confidence from getting into the right positions to make things happen.

My only negative from the game was how poor Sturridge made Benteke look, Sturridge showed how good his positional sense is, and if you're in the right place when the ball finally comes in you'll score.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #650: Feb 15, 2016 09:06:55 am
      Hahaha The pr**k Paul Merson on Sky predicted a 1-0 win for Villa, haha blow it out your arse dickhead.

Villa boss Garde 'humiliated' by defeat
      Remi Garde said he felt ''humiliated'' and apologised for his side's performance in the 6-0 thrashing by Liverpool.
      It is the first time Aston Villa had let in six at home since October 1983 which leaves them bottom of the Premier League and eight points from safety.

''I feel humiliated. I am sorry for the fans who came to Villa Park,'' said Garde. ''This is a bad feeling that we did not fight enough''. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35574642   

« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2016 09:35:46 am by stuey »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #651: Feb 15, 2016 09:38:33 am
      Can't wait for Thursday because a bit more of yesterdays performance and the rest of this season could still be special.
      Watched Barca with Messi,Neymar and Suarez well Couthino,Firmino and Sturridge isn't too shabby is it
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #652: Feb 15, 2016 09:46:52 am
      Can't wait for Thursday because a bit more of yesterdays performance and the rest of this season could still be special.
      Watched Barca with Messi,Neymar and Suarez well Couthino,Firmino and Sturridge isn't too shabby is it

No it isnt Walt.

Luis is up to 23 goals in 21 games  over in Barca .   Frightening.

For me : well we lost track of the Spuds who look in a good place at the mo but as seasons go ....it would make my day to finish above the Mancs.   We have the momentum to do it if  Studge stays fit .
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #653: Feb 15, 2016 09:53:16 am
      loved the way Origi just parted the stewards to get his Valentine's day kiss he is looking a huge prospect for us now..
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #654: Feb 15, 2016 10:08:44 am
      Stop winding ar Debs up ya wankers.

If they want a ban they can carry on for me Ian, it's a damn sight easier than deleting posts every day.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #655: Feb 15, 2016 10:09:32 am
      Could've done without the open mouth action though, that lad'll be getting it off his mates today.

;D

the big guy who had him wasn't going to let him go until he got a bit of tongue what was he to do.He might think twice before embracing total strangers in a crowd again.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #656: Feb 15, 2016 10:11:13 am
      just watched the highlights on SKy again how could you get fed up watching us score 6 goals. I remember when we have had 20 or 30 shots and no goals give me a sh*t side and 6 goals every game please.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #657: Feb 15, 2016 10:35:35 am
      Please please please stay fit Strurridge, that side with a bit more coordination and understanding between them could go quite far in the UEFA cup I think, but please lets rest Henderson for a few games, he is doing nothing for us at the moment, much better to play one of the promising youngsters alongside Milner and Can.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #658: Feb 15, 2016 10:46:14 am
      That was a joy to watch. A fluid front line that kept moving and pulling Villa defenders and midfielders out of position.
      Also special mention to our fullbacks Moreno and Clyne, who supported our attacks very well.

More of the same please!!
      Kopite78
      Reply #659: Feb 15, 2016 10:53:12 am
      Boss tha.

Yes Villa are poor, but no one else has gone there and made them look quite so sh*te and stuffed them by 6 have they? You can only beat whats in front of you, and then you can beat them easy and make them look like dickheads.
      They were on a better run as well having beat Palace and Norwich and drew against Leicester and West Brom in their last 5 premier league games keeping 3 clean sheets in those 4 games, so you can argue that Garde had got them turned round a little prior to yesterday and we did that to them making them look diabolical.

So enjoy it for what it was, when we have our better players available we look a different side altogether, so lets hope we can keep them fit for the rest of the season, there is still lots to play for.

My ratings.

Mignolet.
      Didn't have a lot to do but the couple of saves he had to make he did, not under much pressure though, but when are you when the attackers make the game so easy for the back four. 6

Clyne.
      Got forward well, the area he ended up in for his goal right in the middle of the 6 yard box showed our intent and showed great awareness from him of the threat. Again not much to judge on going the other way. 7

Moreno.
      Better today but as it was an easy defensive day its difficult to judge them on that or praise them too much for it, again is an attacking threat, I believe his final ball will only get better, especially when he has true movement in the box in front of him, still needs a lot of work on it though, but defending against him must be difficult when he goes past you on the overlap at the pace he has, if he can improve that final ball he will be great. 6

Sakho/Toure.
      Coped well early on with Agbonlahor who has the pace to worry them but overall a quiet day, Sakho palyed the ball well into midfield as he often does to turn us around and Kolo is a steadying force at his best and the run of games he has had recently he is showing the form of old, he doesn't have the legs anymore so obviously isn't at that level anymore but the run and the games under his belt he has got to the pace of the premier league again. Im pleased form him, he will leave in the summer and im glad he is getting a few run out before he does, got the goal too which was boss for him, got the crowd singing his song. Sakho 6 Kolo 7

Milner.
      Another player who will always look better when he is a cog rather than the wheel.. With the players in front of him for him to feed he looks a solid player instead of too much on his shoulders to carry the side which ultimately he doesn't have the quality for. Some good set pieces and is slowly adding some decent numbers to his season stats. 7

Henderson.
      The injury is holding him back, you can see he struggles with it on the turn but also in the weight of the passes currently, did some nice things, the rabona a thing of beauty, but needs to shake the injury to have the true impact he can. 6

Can.
      Im mixed on him as to whether he can be top quality truth be told, I think he at times looks to have the lot but at times looks to be doing everything at 100mph on reaction because his touch lets him down or his vision doesn't have the picture of everything in his minds eye, as opposed to the Alonso type who looked to have 10 minutes to do everything. Sometimes I think he will be boss and yesterday we got a mix of it all. Nicely taken goal having fallen over in the build up says the lot  :D I think with the right guidance and maturity he could make it, and if he can add goals to his game which he has the talent to do so he may well bridge that gap a different way. 7

Coutinho
      Magic, he has genius vision and when the players who suit his vision are in front of him and make the moves and runs he can pick out he looks like a rolls Royce, I thought he was superb yesterday. 9

Firmino
      Is starting to realise he is better than the majority of the players he comes up against, a few foreign lads come over and realise that and start to rip the league up, he is a Suarez light in what he does, maybe his lack of Suarez pace may well keep him below that level ultimately but I think that come next season he will be one of the players of the league. Great workrate, touch and vsion yesterday. 8

Sturridge
      So good to have him back, id give a lot to have him fit every week as if he was fit all year hes a 25+ man a season and that makes a difference to any side. What always suprises me is when he comes back after long lay offs is how sharp he is straight away, yesterday again a goal, Villa earlier in the season two, last season West Ham a goal. His movement is world class and creates space for other and allows the vision of a Coutinho and Firmino to shine. Great movement and header for his goal and the touch for a chance just after that their keeper kept out was superb. 8

Subs

Origi
      I like this lad, raw but has the lot, has the one thing that is vital in the game today... Pace. Took his goal well and ran the channels great, his movement and pace could be vital as a replacement in games for Sturridge as you will have the same stretching of the back four as Studge gives you, not the finisher of Studge yet but I think he will be very good in a couple of years time, and very handy leading up to that.

Stewart
      Very impressed, he could be one from nowhere to have forced himself into a full time squad player, gets around the midfield well, is quick and tenacious. breaks things up very well, can even pick up a snidy card to break up the play. Friom nowhere im very impressed with the lad.

Benteke
      His movement was actually good when he came on, but we had shut up shop by the time he did which was unfortunate for him as we had taken off our players who were pulling the strings. Personally I think he lacks pace which is vital in the game now, but as one of four strikers? Maybe
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #660: Feb 15, 2016 10:53:36 am
      It is mate. You see, you and others have made those statements based on said player scoring against Aston Villa who have many times in this thread been called the worst Premier League team ever.

Kolo scored. Are you going to tell me that also shows that Kolo is better at headers than Benteke?

Benteke didn't get a turn to see if he also could score against the worst team like 6 of his team mates. As far as I could see, from the time he came on, we didn't even have a single attacking threat to the end of the game? Nothing happened. Benteke cannot be judged on that brief cameo, and effectively, he didn't get a chance today.

Maybe, just maybe, Benteke would have scored today if given the chance. Heck, he may even have raced clear and slotted one past the keeper.  ;)

I believe that If Benteke was good enough, today with or without Coutinho,Firmino, or Sturrigde on the pitch; then now would have been the time to score against an already Poor,crestfallen and utterly deflated side that no longer had any real fight in them.... I do not know what it is with footballers these days, they seem to mentally fragile, remember Torres, for us as well as Chelsea?.... departed LFC low in confidence, and never recovered... I remember Owen, Flower even Rush going through rough patches and just getting on with it, hitting form again;sliding back into the grove of things. Now; they take half the season or more to hit form again if they ever do.....I have to agree with Micheal Owen (man how it pains me to say that) His (Benteke) main problem is that he simple does not get in to the areas where he (just like Balotelli)  might get a tap in or half chance, if he did; he may scramble one or two home.... as I said earlier "There is no way back for Benteke".
      He must be amongst the first to be shipped out this summer...
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #661: Feb 15, 2016 12:45:00 pm

Ta man, maybe it was too big? How did you manage to post it then?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #662: Feb 15, 2016 01:11:50 pm
      First game I enjoyed since Southampton away to be honest.

We've seen flashes and qualified good performances but this was first time in months it's been enjoyable.

No coincidence Sturridge and Coutinho made the difference. I don't want us to sell Sturridge, but we can't be relying on him next season to be available. Buy someone as good as him or as close as we can get because while he is fantastic, we miss the things he can do just as much.

Really happy Origi is back, penny dropped at Christmas for him and looks more useful than I imagined he would be at his young age.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,178 posts | 527 
      Reply #663: Feb 15, 2016 02:49:10 pm
      [quote author=Beerbelly link=topic=48536.msg1894117#msg1894117 date=

I'd like to see Sunderland and Newcastle go not keen on either of them, and those inbred cu*ts Norwich I could happily wave off too.

[/quote]

Oi mate,

A bit harsh on the inbred statement. Liverpool have a big following in Norfolk.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #664: Feb 15, 2016 03:26:00 pm
      Absolutely still buzzing from the trip to Villa Park...away days are always so special (well apart from Watford) ;D... Seriously, that was boss yesterday, we were due a hammering to someone and Villa were there for the taking, could have actually been more, but 6 will do  :D Great to see 6 different scorers too and made up Kolo got his name on the scoresheet  ;D Just shows what we've been missing with having Studge and Origi back, but it was a team performance yesterday, so they should all have credit, well played lads, I know Villa are sh*te but you can only play what's in front of you  8)

My day yesterday  :)

9am Breakfast at Wetherspoons in Leicester where I met up with the lads from the supporters club, train from Leicester to Birmingham New Street, short wait, so a few beers whilst we wait for the train to Witton, arrived around 11.30 to the Witton Arms, £2.00 to get in for a bevy for away fans...what a cheek, anyway the beer was flowing whilst we watched Arsenal v Leicester after which we made our way to the ground, celebrations all round as we ripped Villa to shreds and made our way back to the pub, no charge this time !! Phew, get the beers in lads as there was a boss sing song in the pub and on the train on the way back, much to the amusement of the other passengers....rowdy Liverpool fans  :laugh: Back to Leicester for more celebrations and finally home after a great day out, was too knackered to even watch MOTD, so on record to watch the next day...ahh my bed  :D goodnight, sweet dreams and god bless....
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #665: Feb 15, 2016 03:34:30 pm
      [quote author=Beerbelly link=topic=48536.msg1894117#msg1894117 date=

I'd like to see Sunderland and Newcastle go not keen on either of them, and those inbred cu*ts Norwich I could happily wave off too.

Oi mate,

A bit harsh on the inbred statement. Liverpool have a big following in Norfolk.

Not so sure about that mate. You could count them on the fingers of one hand.

Rest of us would have to use both hands I suppose :)

Only joking mate
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #666: Feb 15, 2016 03:52:19 pm
      Absolutely still buzzing from the trip to Villa Park...away days are always so special (well apart from Watford) ;D... Seriously, that was boss yesterday, we were due a hammering to someone and Villa were there for the taking, could have actually been more, but 6 will do  :D Great to see 6 different scorers too and made up Kolo got his name on the scoresheet  ;D Just shows what we've been missing with having Studge and Origi back, but it was a team performance yesterday, so they should all have credit, well played lads, I know Villa are sh*te but you can only play what's in front of you  8)

My day yesterday  :)

9am Breakfast at Wetherspoons in Leicester where I met up with the lads from the supporters club, train from Leicester to Birmingham New Street, short wait, so a few beers whilst we wait for the train to Witton, arrived around 11.30 to the Witton Arms, £2.00 to get in for a bevy for away fans...what a cheek, anyway the beer was flowing whilst we watched Arsenal v Leicester after which we made our way to the ground, celebrations all round as we ripped Villa to shreds and made our way back to the pub, no charge this time !! Phew, get the beers in lads as there was a boss sing song in the pub and on the train on the way back, much to the amusement of the other passengers....rowdy Liverpool fans  :laugh: Back to Leicester for more celebrations and finally home after a great day out, was too knackered to even watch MOTD, so on record to watch the next day...ahh my bed  :D goodnight, sweet dreams and god bless....

Well somebody looks happy with the performance yesterday :D. I'm glad you had such a good away day.

Quick Reply