Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will we overcome City and win the League Cup final 2016?

Yes - easy win
      11 (10.6%)
      Yes - difficult win
      64 (61.5%)
      Draw at 90 mins, extra time and pens
      25 (24%)
      No, city will win
      4 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Pre-Match: The League Cup Final 2016 - Liverpool v Man City

Read 24373 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Pre-Match: The League Cup Final 2016 - Liverpool v Man City
      Reply #161: Feb 28, 2016 01:36:54 pm
      Coutinho wouldn't be able to shoot from their..

From who's?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #162: Feb 28, 2016 01:37:12 pm
      You really like to think outside the box.. first yesterday you wanted Coutinho as a deep lying play maker and now Illori in defense. I wouldn't like our odds.

In the open spaces of Wembley I wouldn't fancy Kolo. Lovern and Skrtel aren't options are they? Lucas needs to play in the mid plus his pace isn't much better then Kolo so that leaves Illori and Sakho
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #163: Feb 28, 2016 01:37:23 pm
      Just win, please.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #164: Feb 28, 2016 01:40:40 pm
      I obviously meant there... sad when people can't reason so they have to point out grammar errors.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-players/151298-player-positions-attributes-needed-football-manager-14-a.html

Check here, it is decent list of what attributes players need to play in a position.

Deep Lying Playmaker
       (DEFEND) Marking, Passing, Tackling, Technique, Composure, Creativity, Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork, Strength.
       (SUPPORT) First touch, Passing, Tackling, Technique, composure, Creativity, Decisions, Off the ball, Positioning, Teamwork

I highlighted what I think Coutinho is missing for DLP.

I honestly can't highlight anything for Winger,

Winger
       (SUPPORT/ATTACK) Crossing, Dribbling, Technique, Decisions, Flair, Off the ball, Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Pace.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #165: Feb 28, 2016 01:43:38 pm
      Don't think we need to gamble or change things dramatically, we just need to do our thing, but hopefully better than ever. Do the simple things well, take our chances when they come and we will win.
      Kopite78
      Reply #166: Feb 28, 2016 01:47:02 pm
      I obviously meant there... sad when people can't reason so they have to point out grammar errors.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-players/151298-player-positions-attributes-needed-football-manager-14-a.html

Check here, it is decent list of what attributes players need to play in a position.

Deep Lying Playmaker
       (DEFEND) Marking, Passing, Tackling, Technique, Composure, Creativity, Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork, Strength.
       (SUPPORT) First touch, Passing, Tackling, Technique, composure, Creativity, Decisions, Off the ball, Positioning, Teamwork

Winger
       (SUPPORT/ATTACK) Crossing, Dribbling, Technique, Decisions, Flair, Off the ball, Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Pace.

Aye lets just quote Football manager

:D

A game that needs data built into it to make the game engine work

Just like real life that

You wouldn't play Coutinho as a one holding midfielder but as a two like Alonso was to Macherano, pulling the strings.

Remember him in 13-14 playing there at all?
      Remember him playing those balls from deep for Sturridge to run onto like in the 6-0 at Newcastle?

He lacks pace to go outside to play wide, he lacks the tracking and awareness back to cover the fullback going past him, he isn't as effective stuck in one area of the pitch wide rather than having the whole pitch around him and as much as possible in front

And if I don't have to watch him cut in and blam one from wide them great

You're taking a 4-4-2 anyway, not wide higher up in a 4-3-3, big difference
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #167: Feb 28, 2016 01:47:22 pm

Deep Lying Playmaker

Winger

Coutinho has composure in spades in every department other than shooting, he'd be excellent on the ball in any type of space.

He gets the odd tackle in but I'm pretty sure Bri wasn't intending him to be a defensive deep lying play maker, of course he'd have to put himself about a bit more than he does currently if he's in the engine room and I'm personally not convinced he could handle the role but I like the idea of thinking outside of the box.

We've all set up formations and wondered where do we fit Firmino and Coutinho, I've never considered playing Coutinho behind him when Firmino is in the 10 role but can see how that could transition very well in open play where Coutinho is then in let's say Henderson's or Can's position as we watch it now with Sturridge + 2 x Wide forwards and Firmino Running ahead, paints a tasty mental picture.

I've no doubt that Coutinho definitely has the passing accuracy, technique and range to play from further behind play so it's thought provoking and not without merit.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #168: Feb 28, 2016 01:51:28 pm
      Coutinho wouldn't be able to shoot from their.. he can't defend well either. I repeat what I said yesterday.. deep lying play makers have to have defensive qualities as well as just great at passing.
      Agreed. I have no idea why people are so adamant that Coutinho would be best further back based on a few games when the whole team was in brilliant form. He might be better further back, but there isn't enough evidence to be sure about that, and Klopp so far thinks his current role is where he should be, despite our current midfield issues.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #169: Feb 28, 2016 01:51:39 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #170: Feb 28, 2016 01:52:46 pm
      Coutinho has composure in spades in every department other than shooting, he'd be excellent on the ball in any type of space.

He gets the odd tackle in but I'm pretty sure Bri wasn't intending him to be a defensive deep lying play maker, of course he'd have to put himself about a bit more than he does currently if he's in the engine room and I'm personally not convinced he could handle the role but I like the idea of thinking outside of the box.

We've all set up formations and wondered where do we fit Firmino and Coutinho, I've never considered playing Coutinho behind him when Firmino is in the 10 role but can see how that could transition very well in open play where Coutinho is then in let's say Henderson's or Can's position as we watch it now with Sturridge + 2 x Wide forwards and Firmino Running ahead, paints a tasty mental picture.

I've no doubt that Coutinho definitely has the passing accuracy, technique and range to play from further behind play so it's thought provoking and not without merit.
      If we were struggling to fit players in and Coutinho could tackle better then maybe it would be an option but I would hate the thought of Lallana on the wing instead of Coutinho.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #171: Feb 28, 2016 01:53:50 pm
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #172: Feb 28, 2016 01:54:32 pm
      For me today game carries extra relevance... Not just about winning  the Cup and stick it to Man City, It is about winning the Cup, Sticking it to City and stick it to Raheem Sterling..... Come on you Reds
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #173: Feb 28, 2016 02:04:09 pm
      Why are we talking about playing Coutinho, who is naturally a #10, as a holding mid/deep-lying playmaker?

His strength are through balls - outside of the foot balls - not F***ing pinging passes left, right and center. He doesn't have the passing range to do that and he's one of the only players we have that can actually keep possession properly in the final third.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #174: Feb 28, 2016 02:17:23 pm
      We have to take our chances today I'm going for a slim win 2-1
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #175: Feb 28, 2016 02:18:55 pm
      I'm nervous as hell but it's LFC in a cup final - so I'm also confident somehow.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #176: Feb 28, 2016 02:20:45 pm
      Wonder what kind of side Man City will field with them facing us the league in 3 days. They are also chasing the league and this is a side who was playing away in Europe 3 days ago.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #177: Feb 28, 2016 02:20:59 pm
      Don't think we need to gamble or change things dramatically, we just need to do our thing, but hopefully better than ever. Do the simple things well, take our chances when they come and we will win.

Agree which is why I'd have the side that started the first leg in Europe.

Although I'd have no real issues with Lucas in for Kolo either.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #178: Feb 28, 2016 02:22:28 pm
      I'm nervous as hell but it's LFC in a cup final - so I'm also confident somehow.

Feel the same, I've got no foundation to base that on, I feel like we'll win it comfortably. I do know we'll boss them around but it's whether people score is where it gets tricky.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #179: Feb 28, 2016 02:26:24 pm
      Why are we talking about playing Coutinho, who is naturally a #10, as a holding mid/deep-lying playmaker?

His strength are through balls - outside of the foot balls - not f**king pinging passes left, right and center. He doesn't have the passing range to do that and he's one of the only players we have that can actually keep possession properly in the final third.

Because I gave my own personal opinion on a system that I think might catch city out. Didn't ask anyone to agree with didn't ask anyone to comment on it. Some can see how it might work others can't see it working.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #180: Feb 28, 2016 02:27:50 pm
      Hoping to be really happy come 6pm.

Would love to have a skip in my step this week, come on Liverpool!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #181: Feb 28, 2016 02:29:12 pm
      Who's idea was it to make us wait until the early evening for a Cup Final?

This waiting is killing me.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #182: Feb 28, 2016 02:34:22 pm
      Who's idea was it to make us wait until the early evening for a Cup Final?

This waiting is killing me.

This chap.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #183: Feb 28, 2016 02:35:30 pm
      I forgot there's footy on in the meantime, we're getting there, it's nearly kick off time.

Quick Reply