Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 193680 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Naby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1518: Jul 28, 2017 08:26:16 pm
      Well one big difference is by all intents and purposes, Coutinho doesn't want to leave, and just signed a new long term (big money) deal with no release clause. Keita wants to leave, and has one year left on his deal with a supposed release clause (for German clubs only depending on who you believe).

True but that difference doesn't change the determination of either club to keep hold of the player
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #1519: Jul 28, 2017 08:29:43 pm
      True but that difference doesn't change the determination of either club to keep hold of the player

Well it does......Leipzig is not only keeping a player against his will (if you believe the reports he wants to play for us) but they are really making a poor business decision not selling at the prices we are talking about. Not only is it a huge profit over what they originally paid, it's also a huge profit over his release clause for next season.

Sure, it's admirable they want to keep their players....but it would be more like if Phil told the club he wanted to leave and we had a 130m offer on the table for him but refused to sell....would really be kind of dumb for the club to operate that way.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,418 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1520: Jul 28, 2017 08:38:53 pm
      I wouldn't be surprised if we signed him whilst were in Germany.

Liepzig are going to be in England for the emirates cup this weekend
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1521: Jul 28, 2017 08:41:18 pm
      Well it does......Leipzig is not only keeping a player against his will (if you believe the reports he wants to play for us) but they are really making a poor business decision not selling at the prices we are talking about. Not only is it a huge profit over what they originally paid, it's also a huge profit over his release clause for next season.

Sure, it's admirable they want to keep their players....but it would be more like if Phil told the club he wanted to leave and we had a 130m offer on the table for him but refused to sell....would really be kind of dumb for the club to operate that way.

I know what your saying mate, I completely get it and I can't understand why a club like RBL would be prepared to lose 30mill on a player in a years time. But rightly or wrongly, we are both determined to keep our star asset. But, in a years time, no matter how bad they want to keep him, there is nothing they can do to stop him from leaving.
      Personally I think it's them trying to be Billy big bollocks because they had a fluke season and finished 2nd. Leicester tried throwing their weight around after winning the league and look how it worked out for them, both teams have developed an ego over 1 season. Now RBL probably think that by keeping Keita the league is there's and they will overtake Bayern, when in actual fact they will have an unhappy player all season, finish mid table and  kick themselves for losing 30mill for it as Keita waves adios.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1522: Jul 28, 2017 08:41:35 pm
      Spurs and arsenal haven't really strengthened significantly, ushited have signed two.

Arsenal and the Scum aren't our rivals now based off of last season  ;)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1523: Jul 28, 2017 08:43:49 pm
      I know what your saying mate, I completely get it and I can't understand why a club like RBL would be prepared to lose 30mill on a player in a years time. But rightly or wrongly, we are both determined to keep our star asset. But, in a years time, no matter how bad they want to keep him, there is nothing they can do to stop him from leaving.
      Personally I think it's them trying to be Billy big bollocks because they had a fluke season and finished 2nd. Leicester tried throwing their weight around after winning the league and look how it worked out for them, both teams have developed an ego over 1 season. Now RBL probably think that by keeping Keita the league is there's and they will overtake Bayern, when in actual fact they will have an unhappy player all season, finish mid table and  kick themselves for losing 30mill for it as Keita waves adios.

The big worry though is Keita has another boss season and Bayern or Madrid come a knocking next Summer.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1524: Jul 28, 2017 08:44:32 pm
      Personally I think it's them trying to be Billy big bollocks because they had a fluke season and finished 2nd. Leicester tried throwing their weight around after winning the league and look how it worked out for them, both teams have developed an ego over 1 season. Now RBL probably think that by keeping Keita the league is there's and they will overtake Bayern, when in actual fact they will have an unhappy player all season, finish mid table and miss kick themselves for losing 30mill for it as Keita waves adios.

Yeah and to add a kick in the nuts they lose the 30 million and have to play against him 3-4 times a year when he goes to Bayern.

The Billy Big bollocks is spot on this one 7KK7...this smells more of Rangnick playing the hard man versus any type of business or footballing sense.

It's his call and to be fair it seems the higher up's at red bull are backing his play...that being said if the day happens where Keita scores for Bayern against RBL in an important match Rangnick's head is going to get lopped off and the rest of his body will be shown the door.
      « Last Edit: Jul 28, 2017 08:50:09 pm by AZPatriot »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1525: Jul 28, 2017 08:49:05 pm
      The big worry though is Keita has another boss season and Bayern or Madrid come a knocking next Summer.

If he is that desperate to play for us then he will choose us over them. But I suspect, that seeing as he hasn't even handed in a transfer request, that wouldn't happen. But if we sign him, he's boss for us then Madrid and/or Barca will come calling for him anyway.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #1526: Jul 28, 2017 08:52:53 pm
      Fear we have now probably missed the boat.

Next season he will shine and, with Champions League football, draw the attention of many more suitors keen to take advantage of his low buy out clause. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1527: Jul 28, 2017 09:00:30 pm

For once I completely agree with you.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #1528: Jul 28, 2017 09:01:28 pm

Pretty much agree. They think they are going to punch above their weight again and they won't. They'll be bounced out of Champion's League and might not finish top 4.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #1529: Jul 28, 2017 09:02:14 pm
      For once I completely agree with you.

I think you've agreed with me once before. But alas, I can't remember on what it was so I'll have to trust you on this one :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1530: Jul 28, 2017 10:04:29 pm
      So much for that big week to come, bullshitting bas**rds!!

https://twitter.com/BSmith/status/889172066557100034
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1531: Jul 28, 2017 10:05:56 pm

Unfortunately it's becoming the new normal that we're dealing with billionaire owners who are prepared to lose £24m approximately to play Naby for this season.

When you add that to his wages he's theoretically costing them about £600k a week, that's more than Messi costs Barca.

I totally get that people will flip this and say that it'd be nice if FSG thought the same about our best players and I agree. So while I'm not going to defend FSG, especially considering I wanted them gone long, long ago, but I can certainly understand how that makes things very difficult.

The stupid and infuriating part about this whole transfer has been the length of time it's taken us to get from 'NO!' to 'NO!'. That makes no sense to me.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1532: Jul 28, 2017 10:11:00 pm

These cu*ts know F**k all
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1533: Jul 28, 2017 10:15:18 pm

cu*ts trying to gain more followers by predicting and end up looking like right cu*ts when it fails which makes them cu*ts, cu*ts!
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #1534: Jul 28, 2017 10:37:48 pm
      Fear we have now probably missed the boat.

Next season he will shine and, with Champions League football, draw the attention of many more suitors keen to take advantage of his low buy out clause. 

The boat was never in the harbor.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1535: Jul 28, 2017 10:38:40 pm
      Come on lads, please stop saying "next season". I mean, seriously, do you all still want to experience this sh*t show once more?
      On a positive note though, our transfer war chest only keeps increasing with no sign of stopping. Next summer we're gonna have 400 millions to spend. I'm looking forward to us monitoring and bidding for Messi  :)
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1536: Jul 28, 2017 10:47:43 pm
      Next season transfers we have 400 million ;D we spent f**k all these year

Holy sh*t, just saw this. Guess we've both been keeping track on our transfer budget.  ;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1537: Jul 28, 2017 10:55:19 pm
      Strange how reports of him almost signing bring nothing but scepticism but reports of him being ruled out are treated like gospel.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #1538: Jul 28, 2017 10:59:55 pm
      Strange how reports of him almost signing bring nothing but scepticism but reports of him being ruled out are treated like gospel.

Is it strange or does it it show how expectations have transformed the last few years?
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1539: Jul 28, 2017 11:04:16 pm

I don't recall any reliable source claiming him almost signing.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1540: Jul 28, 2017 11:07:22 pm

You find that strange?

Alice Through the Looking Glass.

Hello... FSG have conditioned us!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply