Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should LFC sell Coutinho to Barcelona in this transfer window?

Yes, sell now, leaves now.
      (20.4%)
      Yes, sell now,go in the summer
      (59.2%)
      No, he stays, what ever.
      (20.4%)

Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)

Read 294301 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
      Reply #1518: Aug 11, 2017 08:35:09 pm
      ''

Jesus Christ.

If he stays and has a cracking season then what? Is he not a c**t anymore? Pathetic and childish.
      Depends on principles. He will always be remembered as they guy who sent in a transfer request a day before our season started and just before our CL qualification game. It should have been a private matter atleast until after that. Coutinho could have told Klopp he will hand in a transfer request after the CL qualification games but he didn't he did it today and made sure the press knew about it. He obviously wanted to do maximum damage possible after using the word amicable. People can forgive but won't forget. Last season for Coutinho. When we have a replacement he just won't be welcomed here. Sakho got much harsher treatment for much less. I won't call him the C word, but if I had Coutinho on my shirt I would be throwing it in the trash now. I'd rather have the Western Union logo.
      « Last Edit: Aug 11, 2017 11:02:28 pm by racerx34 »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1519: Aug 11, 2017 08:36:32 pm
      Messi or Moreno? Suarez or Solanke? Hmm...

Feeder club. 'The Arsenal In the North'... winter is coming.

I'm sick to F**k with the whole shooting gallery. F**k this for game of soldiers. 🤠🤡🤠🤡🤠🤡

Not even the news about Western Union can lift me at the moment 💀😒
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1520: Aug 11, 2017 08:37:46 pm
      The worrying thing is that Coutinho challenges Klopp's authority and given Klopp's very fine tolerance on misbehaving players (see Sakho) surely, if he is to be consistent, he drops him completely from the reckoning like Mamadou? If he doesn't then does he stand accused of double standards? Is that the game Coutinho and his team of parasites are prepared to play?

It's that factor that now makes me seriously doubt whether Coutinho will remain at the club beyond this month. I cannot see any other situation but a sale if events turn even more sour. Alternatively Coutinho could spend the whole season as an outcast like Sakho. That would be a hell of a statement and very sweet however unlikely.

I don't put him in the same league as Sakho here mate, Sakho had multiple disciplinary problems (at last count it was 3), this is a little different but I totally get your point and much more of this mud slinging will definitely see him fall into that category. No matter how talented you can't have a rebel seemingly riding roughshod over Jürgen.

The thing is I don't see Cou as being a rebel, I think most of this is engineered from his agent.

So disappointing and like you the more this turns sour the more it obviously looks like he'll leave and unfortunately that will be the lasting memory for so many.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1521: Aug 11, 2017 08:41:03 pm
      I don't put him in the same league as Sakho here mate, Sakho had multiple disciplinary problems (at last count it was 3), this is a little different but I totally get your point and much more of this mud slinging will definitely see him fall into that category. No matter how talented you can't have a rebel seemingly riding roughshod over Jürgen.

The thing is I don't see Cou as being a rebel, I think most of this is engineered from his agent.

So disappointing and like you the more this turns sour the more it obviously looks like he'll leave and unfortunately that will be the lasting memory for so many.
      See the mistake you make here is counting instances, 3 minors is not worse than a major.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1522: Aug 11, 2017 08:43:26 pm
      Alternatively Coutinho could spend the whole season as an outcast like Sakho. That would be a hell of a statement and very sweet however unlikely.
      This is what I would do. Send a message. It's the only way to keep the situation under control. It's a word cup year... I doubt anyone else will test Klopp if Coutinho watches the World Cup from his sofa. Klopps not stupid though, he will wait for Lallana to return if he drops Coutinho.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1523: Aug 11, 2017 08:45:50 pm
      This is what I would do. Send a message. It's the only way to keep the situation under control. It's a word cup year... I doubt anyone else will test Klopp after Coutinho watches the World Cup from his sofa.

And the management loose out on £1,000, 000.....
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1524: Aug 11, 2017 08:46:18 pm
      See the mistake you make here is counting instances, 3 minors is not worse than a major.

I have to agree with this. Yeah, his agent is probably a class A greedy c**t, but Coutinho is just as culpable, and most likely giving him the thumbs up to release sh*t and attack our manager.

I actually don't want that c**t in our club anymore tbh. Unforgivable in what h e has done, and just as bad as what Sterling did too imo.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1525: Aug 11, 2017 08:47:25 pm
      The "big" contract and wage was the same as Suarez's "big" wage - paid knowing it wasn't for the duration...

A PR excercise.

And this morning's  PR stunt - designed to turn fans on wee Phil. Get your retaliation in first. Easier got rid of. 😉 🤠🤠🤠
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1526: Aug 11, 2017 08:48:42 pm

Consistency is the problem, anyone is entitled to make one mistake, it's when they're forgiven and they continue that's the problem in my book and I'd imagine most coaches.

Young lads are idiots, easily have their heads turned and become emotional and irrational but even in those moments you need to know when to put the brakes on and say enough! Right now, that time for Cou is here.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1527: Aug 11, 2017 08:51:29 pm
      The "big" contract and wage was the same as Suarez's "big" wage - paid knowing it wasn't for the duration...

A PR excercise.

And this morning's  PR stunt - designed to turn fans on wee Phil. Get your retaliation in first. 🤠🤠🤠

I wouldn't be 1% surprised if we told Phil and his agent that as long as they put a transfer request in (and therefore waived any "loyalty payments") that we'd sell. Then while they were getting it together we release a statement saying we won't sell whatever the price, turning the fans on the player.

Unbelievable? Yeah right.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1528: Aug 11, 2017 08:53:08 pm
      If Klopp and FSG stand firm, as they have been claiming, then don't sell him.
      So he's handed in a transfer request, we refuse, and give him reasons why.
      Maybe he's in a huff for a while, maybe some fans are in a huff with him - but I can't see him swinging the lead if still here when the window closes.
      Club just need to stand firm.

If I thought we could 'replace' him with a big wad of cash from Barca, then would sell. But we can't even sign someone we want to now, and we apparantly have the money to spend.  Even if we had an ocean of cash, who's going to sell us someone as good as Cou?!

Nope, dig in. Either that or stick 'feeder club' over the door.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1529: Aug 11, 2017 08:54:55 pm

A PR excercise.

And this morning's  PR stunt - designed to turn fans on wee Phil. Get your retaliation in first. 🤠🤠🤠

If you don't think the owners give a F**k then why have they pulled numerous 'PR stunts'. If they don't care then why both with these 'stunts'.

The new stand is a PR stunt. Coutinhos new contact is a PR stunt. The statement saying he won't be sold is a PR stunt. Offering 70 million for Keita is a PR stunt. Everything Klopp says is a PR stunt through the puppet masters FSG.

For people who don't care about the club they sure do make a lot of effort.

Now granted if Phil goes you'll be correct but if he doesn't people will just say it's another PR stunt to get more money for him after a World Cup year or some bollocks like that.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1530: Aug 11, 2017 08:58:58 pm
      If he stays and has a cracking season then what? Is he not a c**t anymore?
      Whilst I wouldn't resort to name calling, if he has done and said only half the stuff we've heard, then that's contemptible. That doesn't change even if he scored 50 goals by next May.

Would be nice though.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #1531: Aug 11, 2017 08:59:34 pm
      We're FSG weak when Suarez wanted to leave for Arsenal?

No they weren't but come on, the bid was an insult, they were totally arrogant with that quid over £40 million and it was easy to say no to if you get where I'm coming from. But that wasn't the point I was trying to make. The man a nearly lost De Ghea a couple of seasons back Andy it seemed certain that they would lose him the following year but the business they have done in the transfer window, the success they had last year, that makes it easier to keep these players. We'll never have that with FSG, we will always be vulnerable. And yet the Red Sox are the total opposite.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #1532: Aug 11, 2017 09:02:48 pm
      I wouldn't be 1% surprised if we told Phil and his agent that as long as they put a transfer request in (and therefore waived any "loyalty payments") that we'd sell. Then while they were getting it together we release a statement saying we won't sell whatever the price, turning the fans on the player.

Unbelievable? Yeah right.

So, is Gerrard in on it too?  He's the one who came out the other day and said Phil would have to wage war to get a move.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,243 posts | 1112 
      Reply #1533: Aug 11, 2017 09:04:38 pm
      No they weren't but come on, the bid was an insult, they were totally arrogant with that quid over £40 million and it was easy to say no to if you get where I'm coming from. But that wasn't the point I was trying to make. The man a nearly lost De Ghea a couple of seasons back Andy it seemed certain that they would lose him the following year but the business they have done in the transfer window, the success they had last year, that makes it easier to keep these players. We'll never have that with FSG, we will always be vulnerable. And yet the Red Sox are the total opposite.

Boom. Well said. For American baseball fans this really hits home. The Sox are always players at the trade deadline year in and year out. They sign players to big money deals all the time. The way they are run is totllay opposite with how things are run with our club. It's sucks and it's shameful
      Shanks Red Pony
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts | 16 
      Reply #1534: Aug 11, 2017 09:05:01 pm
      I have to agree with this. Yeah, his agent is probably a class A greedy c**t, but Coutinho is just as culpable, and most likely giving him the thumbs up to release sh*t and attack our manager.

I actually don't want that c**t in our club anymore tbh. Unforgivable in what h e has done, and just as bad as what Sterling did too imo.

Agree it's his agent. Couts probably hasn't instigated it but now needs to calm the guff coming out from his team. Sorry Purple, but Sterling was with us over a longer period, nurtured and developed by us and went to a close compeitor as soon as the dollars were waved in front of him. We stood by him when he had his off field issues. Couts has been a real model pro (from what I know, which probably isn't much). Think there's a difference and a bit too early to be chucking  him under the proverbial bus. But hey, it's the same result.....he goes (at some point). Still leaves a taste.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1535: Aug 11, 2017 09:05:15 pm
      So, is Gerrard in on it too?  He's the one who came out the other day and said Phil would have to wage war to get a move.

I would say Stevie knows about as much about the inner workings of the club as me and you Aitch TBH.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1536: Aug 11, 2017 09:07:07 pm
      I would say Stevie knows about as much about the inner workings of the club as me and you Aitch TBH.
      Gerrard works for Liverpool FC and has regular contact with players and ex players, so I should imagine Gerrard knows a damn site more than forum members.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1537: Aug 11, 2017 09:09:09 pm
      Agree it's his agent. Couts probably hasn't instigated it but now needs to calm the guff coming out from his team. Sorry Purple, but Sterling was with us over a longer period, nurtured and developed by us and went to a close compeitor as soon as the dollars were waved in front of him. We stood by him when he had his off field issues. Couts has been a real model pro (from what I know, which probably isn't much). Think there's a difference and a bit too early to be chucking  him under the proverbial bus. But hey, it's the same result.....he goes (at some point). Still leaves a taste.

You are probably right on the Sterling thing, but right now, I am pissed with Coutinho. Just a sh*t move to to transfer request on the eve of our  PL match, and with that not working, attacks our manager. Seriously, atm, I really couldn't care less if he stays and has a blinder of a season, I would still want him gone.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1538: Aug 11, 2017 09:09:33 pm

I would imagine that's far from the truth
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #1539: Aug 11, 2017 09:11:33 pm

But if it was a precision job done by our owners -- issuing a statement to get Cou to hand in a transfer request -- was Gerrard a pawn in that plan?  Did he say what he said because that was what FSG needed him to say? 
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1540: Aug 11, 2017 09:12:07 pm
      So club issues statement not for sale, transfer request comes in, club rejects it. (Other bits of drama too, but that's the crux)

I'm not ready to lose my sh*t, i'll see how it plays out.

Tomorrow win, lose or draw Klopps going to be facing a lot of questions about Coutinho.

Quick Reply