Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Pre-Match: Everton v Liverpool 07/04/18 12:30pm

Read 12420 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Pre-Match: Everton v Liverpool 07/04/18 12:30pm
      Reply #46: Apr 06, 2018 07:44:45 am
      Why don't you have a nice cup of shut the **** up. I'd hate to lose 4-1 and give Everton the pleasure of saying "Should have fielded a weaker side" and have Keith secretly grinning ear to ear while there is a forum meltdown. How about you think about that one? We are having the biggest game in a decade and you would rather throw the towel in just so we can have bragging rights over a mediocre club that is skirting around mid table? Get a grip!
      What would Everton hate the most? Us getting to the semi or losing against us? Same for United for that matter! Win CL and nothing else matters this season. We are going to win the CL and if we don't, we will qualify top four regardless of the result against Everton.

4 1 loss gets us to the semis you cretin. Take the post in context id take a loss Tuesday but with qualification to the semis if it means beating these clowns again tomorrow
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #47: Apr 06, 2018 07:48:13 am
      Why don't you have a nice cup of shut the **** up. I'd hate to lose 4-1 and give Everton the pleasure of saying "Should have fielded a weaker side" and have Keith secretly grinning ear to ear while there is a forum meltdown. How about you think about that one? We are having the biggest game in a decade and you would rather throw the towel in just so we can have bragging rights over a mediocre club that is skirting around mid table? Get a grip!
      What would Everton hate the most? Us getting to the semi or losing against us? Same for United for that matter! Win CL and nothing else matters this season. We are going to win the CL and if we don't, we will qualify top four regardless of the result against Everton.

You do know that if we lost 4-1on Tuesday we'd still go through?
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #48: Apr 06, 2018 07:58:57 am
      4 1 loss gets us to the semis you cretin. Take the post in context id take a loss Tuesday but with qualification to the semis if it means beating these clowns again tomorrow

Haven't heard "cretin" used for a long time....!!!

If I had the option to "plus one" I would have as it made me laugh but my system isn't working!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #49: Apr 06, 2018 08:00:21 am
      Haven't heard "cretin" used for a long time....!!!

If I had the option to "plus one" I would have as it made me laugh but my system isn't working!

Its a fine word when used at the right moment
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #50: Apr 06, 2018 08:37:55 am
      Sorry, know it's a derby, but can't think about anything other than the CL 2nd leg.
      Next mid weeks game is MASSIVE.   A semi final spot at stake in the only compo with a trophy we have a chance of this season.
      City will come at us with everything they have next week, we'll need everything we have, can't let the lead slip.

So would go something like:

Mignolet
      Clyne
      Gomez
      Klavan
      Moreno
      Henderson
      Can/Gini
      Masterson
      Woodburn
      Ings
      Solanke

But ... don't think Jürgen will rest that many.
      And he generally gets the balance right.

Wouldn't let Mignolet back in the side! Karius starts for me,  besides he didn't have to do anything against Citeh so he should be proper rested. 😁😁😁
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #51: Apr 06, 2018 09:29:39 am
      Is it possible to recall any of Flanagan, Grujic or Markovic.

Grujic would be ideal for tomorrow alongside Hendo in midfield.

Karius
      Clyne Lovren VVD Flanagan
      Markovic Grujic Hendo Moreno
      Ings Solanke

That would be more than good enough to beat them!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #52: Apr 06, 2018 09:42:46 am
      Irrespective who Jürgen selects or rests it is important that we come away from Goodison with 3 points.I expect Solanke to shine and grab a couple of goals,the lad deserves a break.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #53: Apr 06, 2018 10:01:16 am
      Play a strong side, however poor Everton are, they will surely step up, in the derby game. In front of their fans at Goodison tomorrow, they will give it their all. Although on form the Reds should come away with victory.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #54: Apr 06, 2018 10:20:08 am
      I'm worried about picking up injuries tomorrow. Everton will be throwing in the tackles and as shown before, they won't be too concerned about how reckless they are.
      That said it is a derby, and we still need to keep winning to insure we qualify again, so we need a strong team out.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #55: Apr 06, 2018 10:42:42 am
      Is it possible to recall any of Flanagan, Grujic or Markovic.

Grujic would be ideal for tomorrow alongside Hendo in midfield.

Karius
      Clyne Lovren VVD Flanagan
      Markovic Grujic Hendo Moreno
      Ings Solanke

That would be more than good enough to beat them!

Not 100 percent sure on this, but I think the way the registration rules work now in the Premiership, you can only loan out or recall during the transfer periods. I suppose they could return to Liverpool for training, but they wouldn't be eligible for matches.

But as I say, that's what I think I remember, and my family tells me I have "issues" with that sort of thing.  :)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #56: Apr 06, 2018 11:05:14 am
      You do know that if we lost 4-1on Tuesday we'd still go through?
      i was working out the away goals back to front  :f_doh: yes we'd go through on the away goals.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #57: Apr 06, 2018 11:41:31 am
      One way to ease the midfield crisis and ensure the boys have enough rest would be to play 3 at the back tomorrow. Give Conor Masterson a start alongside Virgil and Lovren, with Clyne and Moreno the wing backs. That leaves us with the necessity to play only one alongside Hendo. I'm thinking it'll be Gini as he played only 30 odd mins on Wed but he'll play 90 on Tuesday though. Dom and Ings upfront, with probably Mane thru the middle. Just thinking of the Ps & Cs for a fit 11 for Tuesday!

Solanke Ings
      Mane
      Moreno Hendo Gini Clyne
      Lovren Virgil Masterson
      Karius

Subs: Migs, TAA, Robbo, Ox, Milner, Jones, Bobby
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #58: Apr 06, 2018 11:47:52 am
      I think Jürgen will field maybe 3 to 4 players tomorrow that will also start on Tuesday night and he has my total backing even if it results in a loss. With the injuries the squad is absolutely threadbare and we can't risk it ahead of the return game with City. It's not just about the risk of injury, the game on Tuesday is quite likely to be like the 2nd half on Wednesday, they will have a lot of the ball (especially if Salah is still absent) and if they score the first goal our lads will have to run all game. It is bad timing that we play the derby but something has to give. I'm surprised a few posters can't see that. Yes we need to qualify for next years' competition BUT we're currently 10 points clear of Chelsea (7 if they win their game in hand) so it's a risk that can be taken without killing our season.

I think Karius, one of the Centre-Halves (I'd go for VVD), Gigi and potentially Mane will start tomorrow. The rest of the team will comprise of fringe players (Ings, Solanke, Moreno) and I suspect we'll see a couple of the youngsters play. 
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #59: Apr 06, 2018 11:49:13 am
      Wouldn't let Mignolet back in the side! Karius starts for me,  besides he didn't have to do anything against Citeh so he should be proper rested. 😁😁😁

Yea, think I got that one wrong alright. Mignolet might be a step to far. Its not like we need to keep him happy either, he'll be on his bike come summer  :ernaehrung004:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #60: Apr 06, 2018 11:52:38 am
      Klavan and Gomez are still injured and Can is supposedly out for the season!!

Personally and it might sound a bit radical I'd change the formation and go  with four in midfield and two up top.

Karius
      Clyne
      Lovern
      VVD
      Robbo
      Chamberlain
      Milner
      Henderson
      Moreno
      Solanke
      Ings

Possibly swap Milner for Gini, but I'd prefer to start Milner.

Or stick with the current formation and play Albie up in the three alongside Ings & Solanke.

Didn't realise Klavan/Gomez still out :( Things a bit thin at the back.
      And Can out for rest of season not good news either.

I kinda put in a lot of 2nd stringers, but when it comes to it think Klopp will sprinkle in more of the main men.

I'd agree with you though that 4-4-2 is a real option.. for this one..
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #61: Apr 06, 2018 11:56:42 am
      Yea, think I got that one wrong alright. Mignolet might be a step to far. Its not like we need to keep him happy either, he'll be on his bike come summer  :ernaehrung004:
      Mignolet can join Bogdan and Markovic on the.. is that guy still st Liverpool? Group of players.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #62: Apr 06, 2018 12:03:14 pm
      I don't think Klopp will go with 4-4-2, if he had some CBs he might have gone with 3-5-2 but given the potential for playing some of the youngsters. He'll stick with the 4-3-3 they are all so familiar with.

I'll have a punt at what I think the team will look like:

Karius

Clyne                 Masterson             Van Dyke          Moreno

Henderson             Herbie Kane

Wjinaldum

Mane                                                      Solanke
                                                      Ings                         
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #63: Apr 06, 2018 12:05:55 pm
      I don't think Klopp will go with 4-4-2, if he had some CBs he might have gone with 3-5-2 but given the potential for playing some of the youngsters. He'll stick with the 4-3-3 they are all so familiar with.

I'll have a punt at what I think the team will look like:

Karius

Clyne                 Masterson             Van Dyke          Moreno

Henderson             Herbie Kane

Wjinaldum

Mane                                                      Solanke
                                                      Ings                         

Pretty much this team for me with VVD , Mane and Wijnaldum coming off half time!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,507 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #64: Apr 06, 2018 12:17:44 pm
               Karius
      Trent. Lovren. Vvd. Robbo

Ox.     Hendo.    Gini
      Mane.  Bobby.     Moreno
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #65: Apr 06, 2018 12:18:46 pm
      Pretty much this team for me with VVD , Mane and Wijnaldum coming off half time!

Lads are players that delicate these days? Play our two centre backs Lovren and Van Dijk and give us a solid base. They barely have to run.

Carra & Hyypia never needed a rest. Its the likes of TAA and Robbo that will need the rest.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #66: Apr 06, 2018 12:19:44 pm
      Play a strong side, however poor Everton are, they will surely step up, in the derby game. In front of their fans at Goodison tomorrow, they will give it their all.
      Yeah, even if they get a point it will available on DVD on Monday in their shitty shop

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #67: Apr 06, 2018 12:22:11 pm
      How about ;
      Mignolet
      Clyne
      Masterton
      Lovren
      Moreno
      Winjaldum
      Henderson
      Woodburn
      Ings
      Solanke
      Firmino

3-1
       :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #68: Apr 06, 2018 12:27:12 pm
      Lads are players that delicate these days? Play our two centre backs Lovren and Van Dijk and give us a solid base. They barely have to run.

Carra & Hyypia never needed a rest. Its the likes of TAA and Robbo that will need the rest.

It's a fair point, the CBs certainly have less running to do so I wouldn't be too bothered if they both play and maybe they will. I don't think it's about them being delicate though. There have been times under Klopp where our players hit 70 minutes and they are simply dead on their feet. the League win against City at Anfield springs to mind. The CBs at are probably the least affected but because we play such a high line it does mean we get turned quite often so they are required to get up and down more often than your average CBs, certainl ymore than Carra and Hyppia ever had too!

Quick Reply