Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson
      3 (2.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      5 (4.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      87 (81.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      4 (3.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: Mar 07, 2019 06:06:36 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 37267 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Mar 03, 2019 06:29:57 pm
      It's unlikely we'll get a trophy this season now. Klopp has been here 4 years now and he's improved us but I don't think Klopp is a manager who can win things. He's actually got a reputation for being runner up.

Well he did win everything with Dortmund bar the CL so you can't really say he doesn't win things.

He's been huge for the club and improved us massively let's not forget.

But we are crying out for silverware and it's time for Jürgen to deliver.

If not this season it absolutely has to be next.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #484: Mar 03, 2019 06:30:10 pm

Well, we actually have more away points than City. But please don't let any facts get in the way of your mental breakdown. :) :) :)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #485: Mar 03, 2019 06:31:27 pm
      So city will play next home to Watford so we will be 4 behind when we play our next pl game and inferior goal difference. Our away form. Is just not good enough. City are grinding out 1-0 wins  2 in a row. We needed to grind out any kind of a win today as long as we got three points.

you don't even know how many points we have we have the same as CITY how can they get 4 points from beating Watford
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #486: Mar 03, 2019 06:31:33 pm
      Didn’t realise that was the last game of the season.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #487: Mar 03, 2019 06:32:18 pm
      P11 W4 D5 L2 in 2019. That is not a blip. Totally caving
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #488: Mar 03, 2019 06:32:19 pm
      Typical derby.

We had the chances, and didn't take them.
      Everton are really poor. They set out not to lose. If we are guna be considered pl champions we would have put 2 or 3 past them. Now next pl match we play we be four Points behind and an inferior goal difference. City will thump Watford at home. Any more points dropped league will be totally gone and we then be 14 seasons since our last silverware Al eague Cup win
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #489: Mar 03, 2019 06:32:22 pm
      Christ a light people blaming Lallana now give your f**king head a wobble . Do you think Keita or Shaqiri would have made a massive difference? Suppose will never know but they have hardly been ripping trees up lately and before any dipshit comes back saying neither has Lallana I guess that's why they are on the bench and maybe there lies the problem

Yes. Look at the pace of the game when the substitution was made. Lallana's legs have gone. He couldn't keep up with the pace at the best of times let alone the frenetic pace of the game when he was subbed on. Keita's pace and Shaq's movement both would have given them something to worry about. Like you say, we'll never know but I think it's fair to say Klopp played for a draw with that sub, rather than go balls out for the win.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #490: Mar 03, 2019 06:32:28 pm
      Subs were mental. Did we want to win the game? Utterly bizarre.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #491: Mar 03, 2019 06:32:28 pm
      Comfortably? Two narrow 1-0 wins, one due to a soft penalty, and struggled to beat a team near the relegation zone in Germany. That's their last 3 games. Whatever you need to tell yourself that it's all over, I guess, and protect your feelings. Less pressure on the nerves that way, right? :) :) :)

Yea maybe a couple of scrappy wins in the mix but they have also blown away the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal.

And those scrappy wins they've had that we can't seem to muster up could cost us the title.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #492: Mar 03, 2019 06:32:50 pm
      Oh, didn't know we've lost the Derby.

Since we're freaking hurt by the result and hurt that we're second, fear that we're not good enough, we want the whole Liverpool FC organisation dead. We want the coaches gone, we want to abandon all the players. We hate the owners.

Why don't we just hate ourselves for being mentally weak? Yes hate me your fellow fans as well, for saying how spinless you are.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #493: Mar 03, 2019 06:32:56 pm
      One way to look at it - this would feel a lot worse with say 1 or 2 games to go.

At least there’s a fair few matches to play
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #494: Mar 03, 2019 06:33:25 pm
      What is this mantra? If you aren't happy with dropping points and bad calls by the manager you're not a supporter?

Do people think they're a better fan if they are happy with the above or don't express any frustrations at all. If we all were happy with everything there wouldn't be a forum to discuss anything to start with.

No one is venting frustrations or their disappointment because they dont support Liverpool it's because of the exact opposite.

your first post in this thread was negative but then most of yours are. You don't like Milner not playing F**k off the manager passes turds with more knowledge about football than you have
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #495: Mar 03, 2019 06:33:36 pm
      P11 W4 D5 L2 in 2019. That is not a blip. Totally caving
      Klopp won't change the midfield. Just puts out worst combination.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #496: Mar 03, 2019 06:34:46 pm
      Subs were mental. Did we want to win the game? Utterly bizarre.
      The subs fu**ed me off more than anything,totally wrong in every sense of the word
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #497: Mar 03, 2019 06:34:51 pm
      What is this mantra? If you aren't happy with dropping points and bad calls by the manager you're not a supporter?

Do people think they're a better fan if they are happy with the above or don't express any frustrations at all. If we all were happy with everything there wouldn't be a forum to discuss anything to start with.

No one is venting frustrations or their disappointment because they dont support Liverpool it's because of the exact opposite.
      I couldn’t have said it better. Like Klopp said this definitely won’t be our last chance but we don’t know when the next chance is coming. So there’s no surprise people are fuming. We’re throwing the biggest chance we’ve had since the last time time we won the league away
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #498: Mar 03, 2019 06:35:42 pm
      you don't even know how many points we have we have the same as CITY how can they get 4 points from beating Watford
      City are point ahead muppet. They will hammer Watford at home. Then our next pl game we be 4 points behind and inferior goal difference. Since 2006 all we have won is aleague Cup. Disgrace for a club this size.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #499: Mar 03, 2019 06:36:34 pm

There is a big difference not being happy which right now we are all annoyed between some of the stuff being aimed at the manager and players - people calling Klopp a bottle job etc etc - it’s pathetic but I guess it’s part a d parcel of being an internet fan
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #500: Mar 03, 2019 06:36:46 pm
      Klopp won't change the midfield. Just puts out worst combination.

The midfield he put out was fine. We've won games with that midfield. The problem was with the subs, an all too common criticism with Klopp. The subs he made were like-for-like and did nothing to change the game when the game very much needed changing. It wasn't working and it needed something different, not more of the same. Genuine question this (not a dig): Has Klopp ever won us a game from the bench? I can't remember it ever happening.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #501: Mar 03, 2019 06:37:04 pm
      What's with the people having the moral high ground here? I don't get it. 4 draws in 6 games. And you think we didn't bottle it? We can drop a few points here and there, but not 8 f**king points within 6 matches, when you are ahead of a juggernaut that is city.

Don't think we bottled it today necessarily because it's more of a pattern - 4 draws in 6 matches - form and momentum is a real worry now.
      And that was the same team bar one change that hammered Watford.

Am not as confident as some that Citeh will drop many points - but they are in 3 comps and have some injuries. But if we keep going the way we are over last 6 matches, we'll go in the wrong direction.  Need to turn draws into wins fast..
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #502: Mar 03, 2019 06:37:20 pm
      your first post in this thread was negative but then most of yours are. You don't like Milner not playing f**k off the manager passes turds with more knowledge about football than you have

You're a very angry person ain't ya Walton. If you read the whole post it wasn't negative mate.

There was no need for the midfield three we started anyone who isn't scared to criticise Klopp will tell you that.

Also, to say most of my posts are negative is ludicrous, look at the posts after the Watford game, praise all over the place. Just because I am happy to share my HONEST thoughts after bad management and performances doesn't mean most of my posts are negative.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #503: Mar 03, 2019 06:38:02 pm
      How about go f**k right off. Use your f**king brain. City are not going to drop three points between now and the end of the season and more than that, our front three haven't been in form for three f**king months now. Go back to your cloud cuckoo land where you and all the other ostrich impersonators live. Tell me to f**king support someone else. F**k off. Who the f**k do you think you are? Cheeky f**king tw*t.

‘City won’t drop 3 points’. You honestly think it’s out the realms of possibility of them losing a game?

I think nerves got to us badly over the latest run of form, but the title isn’t gone. We need to hang in there and hope for a slip up, just like City have with us.

EDIT: City have Fernandinho, KDB and Stones our injured too at the moment I think as well.

We’ve blown a great opportunity to control the title race, for sure, but claiming it’s all over with 9 games to go is simply wrong.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #504: Mar 03, 2019 06:38:30 pm
      Bringing on lallana at that stage was like asking me to run the last leg of the 4 x 100 relay.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #505: Mar 03, 2019 06:38:45 pm
      Ok not good enough. Let's poach Pep then... Then poach the whole City team. Or easier, just change loyalties?

Poach the whole City team, there isn’t enough money in the World for that! City have bought the League, they are under investigation for breaches of FFP rules. Evertonians would change loyalties in a heartbeat, judging by them singing the City song, Bluemoon! It’s rather sad that they don’t take pride in their City, but would rather see a Manc team win the League! After singing that song today, I hope they get relegated!

Quick Reply