Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 12th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Coronavirus effect on football

Read 174584 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Coronavirus effect on football
      Reply #299: Mar 14, 2020 03:22:28 pm
      Wishing everyone here the best as I'm going to be gone for a while. I've so enjoyed getting to know a number of you and of course following the greatest club around. Feeling like perhaps some of you a tremendous empty space inside at the moment. I hope you all find happy days ahead and follow Jürgen's advice to look after yourselves and one another.

Ah,family stuff? Stay strong mate.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #300: Mar 14, 2020 03:36:24 pm
      Wishing everyone here the best as I'm going to be gone for a while. I've so enjoyed getting to know a number of you and of course following the greatest club around. Feeling like perhaps some of you a tremendous empty space inside at the moment. I hope you all find happy days ahead and follow Jürgen's advice to look after yourselves and one another.

Where they sending you Robby..?
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #301: Mar 14, 2020 05:23:57 pm
      Hearing a rumour that the Prem could be declared null and void this season! 
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #302: Mar 14, 2020 05:28:43 pm
      Hearing a rumour that the Prem could be declared null and void this season!

There's been speculation for a few days, where did you hear it? Plenty of people on Twitter panicking over something that would cost a lot of money to  people in football.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #303: Mar 14, 2020 05:34:40 pm
      There's been speculation for a few days, where did you hear it? Plenty of people on Twitter panicking over something that would cost a lot of money to  people in football.

Read it on Sky Sports news
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #304: Mar 14, 2020 05:34:41 pm

same place as everyone else the backpages/gossip sh*te that is gonna pass as footy news for a few weeks. or sky sports news(quick edit)!!
      Kopite78
      Reply #305: Mar 14, 2020 05:35:35 pm

Think that's based on an opinion piece by one of their reporters is all
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #306: Mar 14, 2020 05:47:54 pm
      It's Spurs and West Ham, remember that the people at the top generally don't have the same feelings towards other clubs as the fans do. Money will be a massively important thing when making the decision, so voiding will be a last resort for most clubs.

They both have money spinning events being held on their stadia on the summer.
      If they have to cancel them to play outstanding matches (which in spurs case would probably be meaningless) it will cost them a fortune.

sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #307: Mar 14, 2020 05:52:04 pm
      They both have money spinning events being held on their stadia on the summer.
      If they have to cancel them to play outstanding matches (which in spurs case would probably be meaningless) it will cost them a fortune.

Even if they both want to void, there needs to be a majority of clubs agreeing to any decision and few will want to void.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #308: Mar 14, 2020 06:34:07 pm
      Even if they both want to void, there needs to be a majority of clubs agreeing to any decision and few will want to void.

If the season is deemed to never have existed then presumably West Ham won’t want their share of any prize money or tv rights.
      Let’s see how long they last next season with a £100m hole in their accounts.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #309: Mar 14, 2020 07:17:41 pm
      Great response from the manager. Just have to hope the powere that be make the right choices for the Game and we get number 19 as deserved
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #310: Mar 14, 2020 08:20:18 pm
      Crock of sh*te this isolation do people really think the players are holed up in their room watching boxsets really really do not understand why we could not have played next two games behind closed doors and then after break see where we are
      redclocker
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42 posts |
      Reply #311: Mar 14, 2020 09:00:56 pm
      Lots of talk about cancelling this season but why not cancel next season?
      Return pave pre season August, then can spread out remaining fixtures starting September, the remaining league games, the play offs, FA Cup, have no midweek domestic games but European games could be on even if they were restructured as their play-offs starting late. 16 weekends or thereabouts to finish the season. Then in New Year introduce a UK/GB Cup on a nation's league basis to give everyone a set minimum number of games, then play offs and a final. Then in to the Euros summer 2021. This season finished with no drama.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #312: Mar 14, 2020 09:18:32 pm
      Null and void ! Personally I don’t think that will happen.
      At the mo I’m just telling people to shut the f**k up, I’m not interested until there’s an official announcement followed by all the legal battles, followed by an amicable resolution.
      Until then, it’s just hear say and speculation.
      I’ll be back in a week or so if any of the above is settled.

No doubt those that make the big decisions will do all they can to ruin our season.   Watch this space as they say.
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #313: Mar 14, 2020 09:29:50 pm
      Extending season until July 12th of Euros cancelled as that of would have been Final so could restart in probably June and cram in remaining games
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #314: Mar 14, 2020 10:47:54 pm
      Extending season until July 12th of Euros cancelled as that of would have been Final so could restart in probably June and cram in remaining games

All well and good saying about finishing the season in July but the Brighton CEO made a good point today, what about the players whose contracts expire on June 30th? Something I had completely forgot about.
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2020 10:54:55 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #315: Mar 14, 2020 10:50:30 pm
      We can play 10 games within 4 weeks, I don’t see how authorities can’t do this.. Teams have just come off a winter break and with this extra break period should see them all injury free for a restart of games.

Reduce pre season & friendlies games for new season..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #316: Mar 14, 2020 11:01:21 pm
      We can play 10 games within 4 weeks, I don’t see how authorities can’t do this.. Teams have just come off a winter break and with this extra break period should see them all injury free for a restart of games.

Reduce pre season & friendlies games for new season..

Read somewhere it will take 32 days to complete the season with games being on a weekend and midweek.

With there being a winter break, time off now too, I see no reason why they can’t do a shorter pre-season. Even if it means scrapping next seasons winter break...which as it goes they should because it was a complete disaster the way it was organised this year.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,908 posts | 6832 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #317: Mar 14, 2020 11:05:39 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,908 posts | 6832 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #318: Mar 14, 2020 11:09:18 pm
      If they make this season null and void, the cu*ts, every Liverpool supporter should cancel their sky subscriptions, I'd even consider giving up on Football and us quitting the Premier League and go and join the F***ing Scottish League!!!

F***ing riots should be happening everywhere if that happens.

Howz our F***ing Luck??
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #319: Mar 14, 2020 11:15:09 pm
      Are there any regulations what happens in case a season can't be finished properly?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,066 posts | 548 
      Reply #320: Mar 14, 2020 11:15:55 pm
      Be ridiculous to void it. Despite that, I still don't think they'll do it.

They could have a shortened schedule - 5 more games or something - to settle relegation/european spots. Or they could just play games behind closed doors. Don't really see why they wouldn't do this - got to keep Sky etc happy. No way they will just write off the season.
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #321: Mar 14, 2020 11:18:46 pm
      If they make this season null and void, the Cu*ts, every Liverpool supporter should cancel their sky subscriptions, I'd even consider giving up on Football and us quitting the Premier League and go and join the f**king Scottish League!!!

F***ing riots should be happening everywhere if that happens.

Howz our f**king Luck??

Depends what the rules are. If the rules say a season needs to be played out to crown a champion then we just got screwed by life, it happens. But I guess the rules are more along the lines: if x games are played and the season has to be canceled the team on top is champ or maybe there are no rules at all, then I think they will make us champs officially because we are too far ahead to play political games. I don't see us losing this title due to Corona.

Quick Reply