Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30109 times
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Feb 20, 2021 10:33:29 pm
      Again, this was Liverpool minus VVD+Matip. It's just that simple for me.

Jürgen sticks to his system against weaker teams and even that makes sense because every game in the same system is a step towards perfection in that system.

Again and again and again: stay calm, continue to play. B*tching does not help. It's not even about us failing to deliver a deeper bench because it was always crystal clear that we don't have the funds of City, so we have a thiner bench and need to hope for decent health which didn't work out this season. Next season we will be back. This season we can still win CL and are right in the race for 4th. This is not over.

I don't think it's that simple,our slide started at Watford nearly a year ago and losing VVD hasn't helped but i think the midfield is the main issue,they don't protect the defence, don't create anything for the forwards and don't score goals,it's not right that we rely on Sadio and Mo so much and when they don't score everyone's on their backs.When fit play Fab,Hendo and Jones in midfield,I've had enough of Gini and Thiago.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,266 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #760: Feb 20, 2021 10:33:40 pm
      I dont think a lot of people understand the ramifications of top 4, and how paramount missing out on it is for a team contending for major trophies. One slip up can set you back years.

A few things that need to be considered:

We talk about selling Ox, Origi, Matip, Wilson, Gruijic, and Ojo is fine and dandy. However, no one is making money, so how do lesser teams buy these players?

And if we get them sold, what's the attraction to us over other top players over other top clubs? Ideally, everyone thought the way I did and knew there's no better club in the world than us, but it's just not that way. Geographically we can't compete with Bara and Real. Our league isn't as easy as it is for PSG and Bayern. So what are we selling of we don't have CL? The grind of the PL? How physical and grueling it is? Most millennials don't want something hard.

Our history, Klopp, and CL are our selling points atm. Anfield is a nice feather in the cap in ideal times. We have to find a way to get in the CL. Im worried at this point we won't, and that could truly set us back

This is a good post.

Clubs out there will borrow to buy in the hope of improving. They will be careless with the clubs money, a point I think too many miss in our own owners. We will offload anyone we want to someone and for likely more than we should get because of Edwards.

I also think, with no evidence I admit, that our owners have a planned through this pandemic coping with losses of incme, for what we are doingi in the summer and this is why we didnt go mad un January. Ill take a kicking fir that statement because Ive nothing to back it with other then I think we have shrewd owners, though not everyones cuppa
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #761: Feb 20, 2021 10:35:45 pm

How so when it is only fact he states!
      The manager should have been allowed to go for quality back up in view of our success last season, bargain basement signings was what we got.

"The money is there" stated FSG - and that's where it F***ing remains.
      We now contemplate the results of their "wisdom".
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #762: Feb 20, 2021 10:38:47 pm
      This is a good post.

Clubs out there will borrow to buy in the hope of improving. They will be careless with the clubs money, a point I think too many miss in our own owners. We will offload anyone we want to someone and for likely more than we should get because of Edwards.

I also think, with no evidence I admit, that our owners have a planned through this pandemic coping with losses of incme, for what we are doingi in the summer and this is why we didnt go mad un January. Ill take a kicking fir that statement because Ive nothing to back it with other then I think we have shrewd owners, though not everyones cuppa

Seriously?we didn't go mad in January?we lost the best defender in the world,you can't play players not good enough in that position and hope Jürgen works more miracles!is shrewd another word for tight?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,266 posts | 2827 
      Reply #763: Feb 20, 2021 10:43:00 pm
      Seriously?we didn't go mad in January?we lost the best defender in the world,you can't play players not good enough in that position and hope Jürgen works more miracles!is shrewd another word for tight?

Yes Im serious, when have I not been? You expected us to replace the best centre half in the world wirh who exactly? Go on indulge me who out there was available to fill  his boots thatwould keep you happy.

Id guess Koulibaly yeah? Was he being sold and for how much if he was.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #764: Feb 20, 2021 10:48:47 pm
      At least we have a week without football - that’s how bad it’s got - another week off for this lot and you can bet sheff Utd will get their next win - teams must be counting down the day’s to play us

It’s got so bad that letting Lovren go looks a terrible decision
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,544 posts | 243 
      Reply #765: Feb 20, 2021 10:49:50 pm
      Yes Im serious, when have I not been? You expected us to replace the best centre half in the world wirh who exactly? Go on indulge me who out there was available to fill  his boots thatwould keep you happy.

Id guess Koulibaly yeah? Was he being sold and for how much if he was.

Spot on, and if we'd got him he'd been injured by now
      We've got sh*t luck at present
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #766: Feb 20, 2021 10:49:55 pm
      At least we have a week without football - that’s how bad it’s got - another week off for this lot and you can bet sheff Utd will get their next win - teams must be counting down the day’s to play us

Fulham must be looking forward to playing us, any team must be.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,266 posts | 2827 
      Reply #767: Feb 20, 2021 10:50:52 pm

Its ok thats an away game!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,266 posts | 2827 
      Reply #768: Feb 20, 2021 10:51:37 pm

😂😂 Yeah he probably would mate
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #769: Feb 20, 2021 10:53:14 pm

They will probably defend though, which is a bit of an issue for us.
      I hate us being crap again, it's like the Hodgson era all over again, or the end of Brendan's time.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,437 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #770: Feb 20, 2021 10:55:36 pm

He has been out injured for napoli actually
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,437 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #771: Feb 20, 2021 10:58:35 pm
      Would like to apologise to anyone offended by my comments to mmmkop. It was out of order, let emotions get the best of me.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,266 posts | 2827 
      Reply #772: Feb 20, 2021 10:58:55 pm
      I hate us being crap again, it's like the Hodgson era all over again, or the end of Brendan's time.

I think thats a bit strong. Last 3 games, City, leicester Everton....City were in it playing well then Aliy goes mad. Leicester we were the better team then clusterfuck for 7 minutes. Today they score early and sit back.

We are not playing badly but just cannot seem to score a goal at home, or catch a break with injury.

Hope Hendo isnt a longterm job need him for Europe
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,544 posts | 243 
      Reply #773: Feb 20, 2021 11:13:02 pm
      Finally built up courage to watch motd, F***ing bellends !  On the peno decision Trent brought his leg up wtf after he'd been hit in the head by the knee of that tw*t
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #774: Feb 20, 2021 11:22:54 pm

Completely different to that and any supporter with 8 brain cells would be able to spot the difference
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,335 posts | 6386 
      Reply #775: Feb 20, 2021 11:26:36 pm
      Think a good idea for match day threads might be to limit to posters that have some sort of verifiable post history or plus count. We seem to be getting an influx of posters with very little history that cause a huge ruckus, winding people up and posting absolute nonsense.

It’s getting tiresome and to be honest we are probably gonna lose good, longtime posters because of it.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #776: Feb 20, 2021 11:27:52 pm
      Can Everton really celebrate ending their winless Anfield run? Almost everyone beats us at Anfield anyway.

When were things last this bad? Can't get relegated though right?  :f_whistle:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #777: Feb 20, 2021 11:29:06 pm
      I think the pen was harsh but I’m not that bothered about it because I couldn’t see us scoring anyway.

I do think if it was the other round we would be saying it was stonewall though. It was one of those moments that when it goes against you it feels harsh, but when it happens for you then you believe it’s justified. If that was salah and Coleman had done what Trent had, we’d all be screaming pen.

What was weird was how quick the ref made his decision though. Didn’t seem he even looked at the monitor.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #778: Feb 20, 2021 11:30:58 pm
      Can Everton really celebrate ending their winless Anfield run? Almost everyone beats us at Anfield anyway.

When were things last this bad? Can't get relegated though right?  :f_whistle:

I’m trying my best not to sound bitter to my blue mates but I honestly find the way they’ve celebrated tonight proper embarrassing. I’ve seen posts all night across social media of them describing it as ‘emotional’.

I found the commentary unbearable too and carragher is doing my F***ing head in. You would think we were playing tranmere at home the way they were going on. Not a F***ing established premierleague side.

rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #779: Feb 20, 2021 11:31:22 pm
      I think the pen was harsh but I’m not that bothered about it because I couldn’t see us scoring anyway.

I do think if it was the other round we would be saying it was stonewall though. It was one of those moments that when it goes against you it feels harsh, but when it happens for you then you believe it’s justified. If that was salah and Coleman had done what Trent had, we’d all be screaming pen.

What was weird was how quick the ref made his decision though. Didn’t seem he even looked at the monitor.

His foot does come up not sure if that was reflex or just natural action only Trent will know and yes he was very quick to make his mind up
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #780: Feb 20, 2021 11:32:19 pm

Looked like he wanted to cover his own back more than anything. Not an excuse though, we had 80 minutes to get back into the game
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,266 posts | 2827 
      Reply #781: Feb 20, 2021 11:33:09 pm
      New day tomorrow lads

Quick Reply