Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Scouting talk

Read 353831 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #598: Jan 29, 2022 03:21:20 pm

Watching Carvalho now against Blackpool. He created the Fulham opener. Looks very clean on the ball and fairly athletic. It's just hard to say watching him against a Championship team. Apparently we're interested.

BTW, this game is delayed for a medical emergency in the stand. Is it me or has that been happening repeatedly this season? I really don't remember this happening before, certainly not like this. What's going on with all of these?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #599: Jan 29, 2022 03:29:43 pm
      Watching Carvalho now against Blackpool. He created the Fulham opener. Looks very clean on the ball and fairly athletic. It's just hard to say watching him against a Championship team. Apparently we're interested.

BTW, this game is delayed for a medical emergency in the stand. Is it me or has that been happening repeatedly this season? I really don't remember this happening before, certainly not like this. What's going on with all of these?

Haven't seen any numbers, or how much he would cost.
      Our guys bringing players in seem to know what they are doing, so would have to think there is something about him if they really are interested.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #600: Jan 29, 2022 03:32:15 pm

Think Carvallho contract runs out in the summer so there was talk of Fulham trying to cash during the window. Reckon it will prob end up being a free in the summer.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,759 posts | 863 
      Reply #601: Jan 29, 2022 04:50:18 pm
      Just throwing some thoughts I have following Diaz's deal. No real aim to this post other than just share my thoughts and hear what you guys think. All of this is based on the assumption we are renewing Mo.

I thing Divock will probably not be renewed. Klopp comments a month or so ago were something along the lines of ''I hope he finds a club who gives him the playing time he deserves. Now the question lies with Taki. Are we keeping him or not? If we are to believe the reports that emerged yesterday (might be bs as usual), we are also open to selling him.

If we are to believe the different websites (like spotrac), Origi is on 3.1M/year and Taki is on 3.9M/year. This would be 7 million in yearly wages off the books. Considering Mane is on 5.2M/year this free money could be used to renew him (deal runs out in 2023) and transition him into a less prominent role all while reinvesting part of somewhere else. However, this would be dependent on what the player has in mind and how well Diaz does. I think there is no secret we didn't just spend 65M on Diaz only for him to be Mane's understudy for the next two seasons but you also can never guarantee a signing will be succesful or give you the same goal imput. However, I think the logic behind the deal is that he is here to replace Mane by the time his deal runs out.

Mane is fairly versatile and can play accros the frontline. If he is willing to renew for a year or two at similar yearly wages he is on right now knowing he will most probably not see the same number of minutes he is seeing right now then it would be a massive upgrade of depth. You go from Origi and Taki who are both injured a lot and obviously below the current frontline's quality to Mane who is hardly ever injured, can play a LW, CF or RW and still give you more quality than Taki or Origi would be able to give you. The beauty in all of this is that this would be attainable all while shedding wages off the book. I'm not an economist or anything but I think I can safely say that its quite unusual to see this kind of inversly proportional operation.

However, I'm not sure Mane will want that and like I said above, nothing guarantees Diaz will be a success. In the event Mane wants to go elsewhere then this frees an extra 5.2 in yearly wages. Maybe this is used to for acquiring another forward or maybe its already being used in negociations with Mo in order to offer him an improved deal. And by ''used'' I don't necesarily mean the full amount/sum but if we are to believe reports saying Mo wants to go from 200k/week to 300k/week then the reality is that yes, this delta of 100k/week would amount to +5.2M in yearly wages.

Another thing we have to take into consideration is Bobby's situation. I don't know what would be Klopp's and the club's plan for him. He is on 9.3M/year or 180k/week and his deal also runs out in 2023 (same as Sadio's) . If you look at our wage pyramid, it's pretty clear that he is towards the top of it which indicates that he's seen as an important part of the squad. However, Jota has been playing that positiion with lots of success recently so I'm not sure what to think.

I personally think that if we keep one of Sadio or Firmino then it might be the former just because of his versatility but I am not JK or the club's Julian Ward. Maybe the plan is one gets sold this summer the other leaves on a free or maybe both are off this summer.

Interested in hearing what you guys think. Would you keep one of them, which one and why? Would you keep both? Or try and sell both this summer?

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #602: Jan 30, 2022 01:39:26 pm
      I’m just glad Diaz is here, and not elsewhere in the prem.
      He’ll take a while to bed into Klopps way of playing and pressing, so clearly no body’s going anywhere yet from the three amigos up top.

Possibly Origi or Taki, as pros, wanting more game time. And that’s understandable.

Can’t wait to see Diaz debut in the first team now. 😊
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,088 posts | 634 
      Reply #603: Jan 30, 2022 02:33:01 pm
      I personally think that if we keep one of Sadio or Firmino then it might be the former just because of his versatility but I am not JK or the club's Julian Ward. Maybe the plan is one gets sold this summer the other leaves on a free or maybe both are off this summer.

Interested in hearing what you guys think. Would you keep one of them, which one and why? Would you keep both? Or try and sell both this summer?

I adore them both, but if I really had to choose, I would keep Bobby. He's such a unique player and his game doesn't rely on speed, so age won't affect him as much. I seriously think he could be a Ibrahimovic type, playing at the highest level into his late 30s.

On the other hand, Sadio's biggest strengths are his bursts of speed and his unbelievable engine, which will definitely decrease as he gets older. We already saw last year (with covid), he wasn't the same player when he couldn't use those assets.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,088 posts | 634 
      Reply #604: Jan 30, 2022 02:36:15 pm
      Haven't seen any numbers, or how much he would cost.
      Our guys bringing players in seem to know what they are doing, so would have to think there is something about him if they really are interested.

He's out of contract in the summer, so the fee would likely be decided by a tribunal, same as what happened with Harvey Elliott. Probably around 5m I'd say.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #605: Jan 30, 2022 03:01:41 pm
      I adore them both, but if I really had to choose, I would keep Bobby. He's such a unique player and his game doesn't rely on speed, so age won't affect him as much. I seriously think he could be a Ibrahimovic type, playing at the highest level into his late 30s.

It's a good point, his game doesn't really rely on speed, he could continue to be a very useful. Excellent link up player.

But for a team buying a player, unless they have good players who need to be linked up, not sure he'll attract as much interest from teams who need goals as even possibly Origi, who is not as good a 'player', but can get goals out of nothing, so for example maybe for a lesser team who don't control possession of the ball might be a better option.

If I had to pick between Mane and Bob, would be really hard choice, but would probably pick Mane. A big reason would be he doesn't get injured while Bob seems to be missing a lot in recent times.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #606: Jan 30, 2022 03:04:17 pm
      He's out of contract in the summer, so the fee would likely be decided by a tribunal, same as what happened with Harvey Elliott. Probably around 5m I'd say.

5 mill seems a bit steep for him, but if he turned out as good as Harvey..
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #607: Jan 31, 2022 12:40:58 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #608: Jan 31, 2022 01:43:54 pm
      FYI. from Echo, update on all movings  on transfer deadline day.

Deadline day afternoon update from Paul Gorst
      Paul Gorst brings you the latest updates from in and around Anfield...

Fabio Carvalho - A £5m bid has been submitted to Fulham with the offer to send him back on loan for the rest of the season. Liverpool are keen to avoid a potential tribunal if they don't sign him this month, so the sum effectively acts as a deposit to secure him in the summer. No contact with Carvalho's representatives so far.

Nat Phillips - En route for a medical on the south coast with a loan deal with Bournemouth expected to be confirmed today. Liverpool will receive a loan fee for the player who is keen to kick-start his career having barely played all season. A new contract that was signed in August preserves Phillips' value ahead of a potential permanent transfer away from Anfield in the summer months.

Neco Williams - Another player wanted by Bournemouth, he cut short a break in Dubai to talk through his options with his agents. Liverpool are happy to loan him out and feel regular football will be a huge benefit. With James Milner, Joe Gomez and Conor Bradley all able to fill in if Trent Alexander-Arnold is out, the Reds are happy to give their blessing to a Williams move for the remainder of the campaign.

Divock Origi and Takumi Minamino - Both players have been subject of interest with Origi wanted by Atalanta and Minamino attracting attention from Monaco and Leeds. Liverpool are not under pressure to move either on, though and are happy to keep both on board as they fight it out on four fronts.

Leighton Clarkson - Liverpool are willing to listen to any loan offers for the young midfielder after he returned from Blackburn Rovers earlier this month.

Loris Karius - Ongoing pursuit to find a new club goes on.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #609: Feb 01, 2022 01:50:44 pm
      Apparently an English club made an offer for Dembele. Any idea who it was?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #610: Feb 01, 2022 01:59:23 pm
      Apparently an English club made an offer for Dembele. Any idea who it was?

The rumours where it was Chelsea
      CT_LFC

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #611: Feb 01, 2022 02:04:41 pm

Dembele is a strange one. There was a quote from Laporta saying he thought Barcelona and Dembele had an agreement to leave and was presented with 2 offers (one from PL/Chelsea) and he didn't accept either and chose to stay for the remaining 6 months. "it makes no sense. It's not good for him or for the club".

So he rather sit in the stands for 6 months than play?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #612: Feb 01, 2022 02:19:49 pm
      Dembele is a strange one. There was a quote from Laporta saying he thought Barcelona and Dembele had an agreement to leave and was presented with 2 offers (one from PL/Chelsea) and he didn't accept either and chose to stay for the remaining 6 months. "it makes no sense. It's not good for him or for the club".

I mean he's been collecting a fat check for doing not much of anything at Barca for a few years now. Why ruin a good thing. I don't see him as the ambitious type.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #613: Feb 01, 2022 08:43:43 pm

F**k Barca - something unseemly about how they’ve told him do one imo. Giving him an ultimatum to move by the end of Jan…or what? Continue to not play him? Haha, those mugs decided to spend themselves silly and now expect all the mercenary’s they signed to accept pay cuts.

I’m just disappointed they haven’t gone under yet.
      CT_LFC

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #614: Feb 01, 2022 08:49:42 pm
      F**k Barca - something unseemly about how they’ve told him do one imo. Giving him an ultimatum to move by the end of Jan…or what? Continue to not play him? Haha, those mugs decided to spend themselves silly and now expect all the mercenary’s they signed to accept pay cuts.

I’m just disappointed they haven’t gone under yet.

Dembele does come across like a dickhead, though.

As for Barcelona, they lost Neymar for 200M and used that money to overpay for Dembele and Coutinho, then couldn't pay Messi in part because of those 2 big contracts/wages so now come summer time Barcelona will be without Messi, Dembele and Countinho and nothing to show for the Neymar money. Couldn't happen to be a bigger bunch of cu*ts.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #615: Feb 01, 2022 08:59:14 pm
      Dembele does come across like a dickhead, though.

As for Barcelona, they lost Neymar for 200M and used that money to overpay for Dembele and Coutinho, then couldn't pay Messi in part because of those 2 big contracts/wages so now come summer time Barcelona will be without Messi, Dembele and Countinho and nothing to show for the Neymar money. Couldn't happen to be a bigger bunch of cu*ts.

To be honest I’ve never really followed the whole Dembele story, don’t think I’ve ever even seen him play so no idea if he’s a dickhead or not, but wouldn’t be surprised.

Would love to know how Barca intend to sign the likes of Haaland in the summer. Haven’t followed their financial crisis too closely but from a distance it looks as if they haven’t learnt any lessons at all.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #616: Feb 02, 2022 09:35:37 am
      To be honest I’ve never really followed the whole Dembele story, don’t think I’ve ever even seen him play so no idea if he’s a dickhead or not, but wouldn’t be surprised.

Would love to know how Barca intend to sign the likes of Haaland in the summer. Haven’t followed their financial crisis too closely but from a distance it looks as if they haven’t learnt any lessons at all.

Like them or not madrid and barce work on getting in the best to win things and knowing theyll make money back with merchandise sales. Theyll beg steal and borrow to get the players they want in
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #617: Feb 05, 2022 08:36:44 am
      This Dybala rumour has got me. I hope we get him. We got Thiago, why not him?

I think he would blend in and would supplement the midfield or attack. He could replace Firmino when needed and thus allow Jota to supplement Salah on the right. He could play in midfield too and bring some needed spark we haven't got since Coutinho left.

It makes sense for me but I know the club has a wage structure that needs to be respected.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,088 posts | 634 
      Reply #618: Feb 12, 2022 02:23:09 pm
      I know some of you aren't sold on him, but he's the one for me.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1492236650935640065

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #619: Feb 12, 2022 04:40:47 pm

Mee too, he would be perfect in this team. Good engine, technicallly good and can score. He would be perfect but, as we've seen, it all depends on the price. We don't outbid other clubs. We find the player we want and buy him if he's available for a price which is not inflated.
      I suspect ManCity or Chelsea will be after him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #620: Feb 13, 2022 11:02:34 pm
      Tielemans and Gravenberch would be the completion

Quick Reply