Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

FSG put Liverpool up for sale

Read 111759 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Re: FSG put Liverpool up for sale
      Reply #2047: Feb 22, 2023 05:06:48 pm
      Feed an asset is a credible business maxim as relevant today as itā€™s always been!

Making LFC a credible opponent to teams like RM is a financial bonus in the long term, the long term is not in FSG's vocabulary in the context of LFC.

Those teams you indicate have a manageable debt.

I have him and his idiot mates or his FSG devotees club hidden from view unless someone quotes them they refuse to accept the reality of the league and we old farts get told we are living in the past. My hope is it all goes boom and players then have to manage on a poultry Ā£20k a week or so heaven forbid and we will still sell out. This money now finds its way out of supporters pockets directly or indirectly except for the money from the Arab States who at this point dont seem to need to make a profit how bizzarre and they are the baddies. ther relationship of the FSG three with the owners has always been suspect and they are like attack Dogs as soon as a post appears in this thread they are on it like a shot far more than anywhere else on the forum as soon as JH or FSG are mentioned they come to their defence how weird is that putting billionaires before the club that has existed for 130 years
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #2048: Feb 22, 2023 06:50:02 pm
      When does Dwayne The Rock Johnson arrive at Anfield? In the news he's investing!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #2049: Feb 22, 2023 06:52:20 pm
      I have him and his idiot mates or his FSG devotees club hidden from view unless someone quotes them they refuse to accept the reality of the league and we old farts get told we are living in the past. My hope is it all goes boom and players then have to manage on a poultry Ā£20k a week or so heaven forbid and we will still sell out. This money now finds its way out of supporters pockets directly or indirectly except for the money from the Arab States who at this point dont seem to need to make a profit how bizzarre and they are the baddies. ther relationship of the FSG three with the owners has always been suspect and they are like attack Dogs as soon as a post appears in this thread they are on it like a shot far more than anywhere else on the forum as soon as JH or FSG are mentioned they come to their defence how weird is that putting billionaires before the club that has existed for 130 years
      Christ you dribble some sh*t

As for the highlighted - try and learn what sportswashing means to help in your lack of understanding
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #2050: Feb 22, 2023 06:53:28 pm

Again just dribbling more nonsense

Chelsea have been funded directly from an owners pocket and have won sweet FA for a while

Utd have been feeding the asset for 9 years now and have not won anything major in that period

If we had loans that took out money from the club you would be one of the first crying about money being taken away

They don't have the best manager in the world as we do.
      Don't give me that sh*t about who appointed him, he could have gone top club in the world but signed for the club he loves.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #2051: Feb 22, 2023 06:56:45 pm
      They don't have the best manager in the world as we do.
      Don't give me that sh*t about who appointed him, he could have gone top club in the world but signed for the club he loves.

Ah so itā€™s not just about ā€œfeeding the assetā€ - you also need to have the right manager 🤔

Anything else do you reckon you need 🤔

And yes the owners were the ones to appoint the right manager, unless you believe he appointed himself , and also continued to extended his own contract.

Christ at least give them the credit they deserve for bringing in Klopp
      « Last Edit: Feb 22, 2023 07:07:23 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #2052: Feb 22, 2023 07:21:54 pm
      Ah so itā€™s not just about ā€œfeeding the assetā€ - you also need to have the right manager 🤔

Anything else do you reckon you need 🤔

And yes the owners were the ones to appoint the right manager, unless you believe he appointed himself , and also continued to extended his own contract.

Christ at least give them the credit they deserve for bringing in Klopp

They'd have been F***ing stooges to not bring in Klopp. That's like congratulating sunshine for being warm.

I don't quite understand why it's so important for you to defend the owners and hold them on a pedestal. It's honestly a bit weird. The odd post here or there about how they've been financially good for the club, fine, I can see that in the course of discussions. But you take it to some level of idol worship that's just F***ing creepy. Like they are owners and they don't even act like they care that they own the club. When's the last time they were in Liverpool or at a game or doing something that made you think they actually really enjoyed being the owners of this club.

I used to think that wasn't really something that you needed from an owner....out of sight out of mind was my preferred position for them...but my tune is changing. I think one way or the other this club needs leadership that is single minded in their focus that Liverpool is the most important thing on the planet. Not an investment and not a cultural icon or status symbol as part of a larger sports portfolio.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #2053: Feb 22, 2023 07:30:41 pm
      They'd have been f**king stooges to not bring in Klopp. That's like congratulating sunshine for being warm.

I don't quite understand why it's so important for you to defend the owners and hold them on a pedestal. It's honestly a bit weird. The odd post here or there about how they've been financially good for the club, fine, I can see that in the course of discussions. But you take it to some level of idol worship that's just f**king creepy. Like they are owners and they don't even act like they care that they own the club. When's the last time they were in Liverpool or at a game or doing something that made you think they actually really enjoyed being the owners of this club.

I used to think that wasn't really something that you needed from an owner....out of sight out of mind was my preferred position for them...but my tune is changing. I think one way or the other this club needs leadership that is single minded in their focus that Liverpool is the most important thing on the planet. Not an investment and not a cultural icon or status symbol as part of a larger sports portfolio.

I am not sure if you have been to Anfield yet but the surrounding areas are amongst the most poor in the Country so having Billionaire owners who see the club as a play thing and a money maker is somewhat out of sync I doubt they have seen any of the deprivation . The owners do need to be visible and to be seen as part of the club not just turning up for big games or finals like some F***ing Aliens from another planet. The other alternative is just spend money to keep the club relevant and keep the manager supplied with the best possible tools to do the job we have the worst of both worlds they cant be bothered turning up dont care if we win or lose and will not spend their money on the club they own.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #2054: Feb 22, 2023 07:31:49 pm
      When does Dwayne The Rock Johnson arrive at Anfield? In the news he's investing!

he is waiting to join the basket ball player who's name escapes me thank god
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2055: Feb 22, 2023 07:39:33 pm

The governing bodies to grow a set of balls and sort out the financial rules

So thatā€™s that one ruled outā€¦
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2056: Feb 22, 2023 07:47:22 pm

Utd have been feeding the asset for 9 years now and have not won anything major in that period

Have to correct you on this one. 😛
      Europa Cup
      FA Cup
      Premier League 2012/13 just over 9 years. 😂
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #2057: Feb 22, 2023 07:47:35 pm
      I doubt even John W Henry knew we were playing yesterday. I doubt he could even point out Liverpool in a UK map. We got our update  about the future of the club via an email sent to his newspaper. He didn't even bother to address the fans personally.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #2058: Feb 22, 2023 07:51:18 pm
      They'd have been f**king stooges to not bring in Klopp. That's like congratulating sunshine for being warm.

I don't quite understand why it's so important for you to defend the owners and hold them on a pedestal. It's honestly a bit weird. The odd post here or there about how they've been financially good for the club, fine, I can see that in the course of discussions. But you take it to some level of idol worship that's just f**king creepy. Like they are owners and they don't even act like they care that they own the club. When's the last time they were in Liverpool or at a game or doing something that made you think they actually really enjoyed being the owners of this club.

Can I just check that itā€™s ok to reply 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø last time you threw your toys out

Just because I donā€™t see them as the devil incarnate doesnā€™t mean they are some idol or on a pedestal- I know yanks love the dramatics but there is middle ground. They have been and are good owners for the club

The place is full of hypocrites- the same people demanding City are punished are the same people that want to see Middle East oil money , the same people pointing figures at Glazers for putting debt on Utd want us to go into debt.

When it comes to the owners itā€™s always the same crying - spending money on players and the demand for the owners to spend their own money on players , itā€™s not going to happen yet after every defeat they same crying about money and transfers. Itā€™s ruined the game , ruined the sport but we have a club that tries to do things right , tries to do things within the same rules that we all want City punished for breaking. I have no idea how some of you survived the 90ā€™s whilst we sat and watched Utd do what we are doing now , and how people can sit and stay - just put debt on the club it will be ok, maybe the H&G era wasnā€™t enough of a wake up call for them.

Christ we have a stadium thatā€™s just getting better each year , outstanding facilities for the players , a club that is performing off the field better than it has in decades - yet a drop in performances on the field and demands to throw out the model that got us there in the first place all because some think we donā€™t spend enough.

As for the owners at the game- who F***ing cares , they have someone from FSG at every single game - it makes F**k all difference
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2059: Feb 22, 2023 08:03:28 pm
      Can I just check that itā€™s ok to reply 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø last time you threw your toys out

:lmao: got put on ignore for the same thing. :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #2060: Feb 22, 2023 08:05:06 pm

Just because I donā€™t see them as the devil incarnate doesnā€™t mean they are some idol or on a pedestal- I know yanks love the dramatics but there is middle ground. They have been and are good owners for the club

The place is full of hypocrites- the same people demanding City are punished are the same people that want to see Middle East oil money , the same people pointing figures at Glazers for putting debt on Utd want us to go into debt.

When it comes to the owners itā€™s always the same crying - spending money on players and the demand for the owners to spend their own money on players , itā€™s not going to happen yet after every defeat they same crying about money and transfers. Itā€™s ruined the game , ruined the sport but we have a club that tries to do things right , tries to do things within the same rules that we all want City punished for breaking. I have no idea how some of you survived the 90ā€™s whilst we sat and watched Utd do what we are doing now , and how people can sit and stay - just put debt on the club it will be ok, maybe the H&G era wasnā€™t enough of a wake up call for them.

Christ we have a stadium thatā€™s just getting better each year , outstanding facilities for the players , a club that is performing off the field better than it has in decades - yet a drop in performances on the field and demands to throw out the model that got us there in the first place all because some think we donā€™t spend enough.

As for the owners at the game- who f**king cares , they have someone from FSG at every single game - it makes f**k all difference

Iā€™m not sure who you are responding to. Your post has nothing to do with anything Iā€™ve said. But Iā€™ll respond to one bit, you say no one has any middle ground yet you then turn around and say if you donā€™t want FSG you must want Oligarchs or Oil Money. Why do you always have to assume the extremes when defending your overlords?

And how do you know what difference it makes having owners that care and actually go to games? Once again you will say anything to defend your bosses. If they were always at the games youā€™d be shouting from the rooftops about how they care so much they are always at the games.  F***ing hypocrite 😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #2061: Feb 22, 2023 08:10:09 pm
      :lmao: got put on ignore for the same thing. :lmao:

He is a strange one Iā€™ll give you that
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,365 posts | 4973 
      Reply #2062: Feb 22, 2023 08:42:08 pm

Wow, just wow.

You more than many have been banging on about spending countless millions on new players but talk there about hoping it all goes boom.

So you're not happy with how football had become a money game?? Kind of contradicts your rabid need for more spending.

And you think the Arab owners are the good guys? Jesus wept.

Also the money is supporters have spent on the club during FSG's tenure has all went straight back into improving the club. The owners literally haven't taken a penny since they bought the club.

I honestly hate having to reply in this thread sometimes as it does seem like I'm overly keen to defend them at times but honestly I'd hate for dribbling nonsense like this to be take seriously.

And before you start about old timers etc etc whilst I'm not as old as you I'm reaching my mid forties and supported the club since the mid 80's so don't bother patronising me about now knowing how the club works or such other bullshit.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #2063: Feb 22, 2023 08:43:27 pm
      Investing proactively whilst you're at the top averts the potential costs of a downturn. We will now have to absorb those costs and still find away to invest in a manner commensurate with our expectations of winning major trophies -- in an increasingly competitive league. Tough ask. We will need a combination of a very high success rate on transfers, the players and manager absolutely being at their maximum, a good slice of luck with injuries and enough money to make substantial changes to the team.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2064: Feb 22, 2023 09:23:11 pm
      Investing proactively whilst you're at the top averts the potential costs of a downturn. We will now have to absorb those costs and still find away to invest in a manner commensurate with our expectations of winning major trophies -- in an increasingly competitive league. Tough ask. We will need a combination of a very high success rate on transfers, the players and manager absolutely being at their maximum, a good slice of luck with injuries and enough money to make substantial changes to the team.
      Yeah, but apart from that, things are all good, right?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #2065: Feb 22, 2023 09:34:18 pm
      Yeah, but apart from that, things are all good, right?

Apart from that we still have nine midfielders so we should be fine in that position for the next few seasons.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2066: Feb 22, 2023 09:35:44 pm
      Apart from that we still have nine midfielders so we should be fine in that position for the next few seasons.

You impersonating that CT American lad 😁
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #2067: Feb 22, 2023 09:42:07 pm
      Wow, just wow.

You more than many have been banging on about spending countless millions on new players but talk there about hoping it all goes boom.

So you're not happy with how football had become a money game?? Kind of contradicts your rabid need for more spending.

And you think the Arab owners are the good guys? Jesus wept.

Also the money is supporters have spent on the club during FSG's tenure has all went straight back into improving the club. The owners literally haven't taken a penny since they bought the club.

I honestly hate having to reply in this thread sometimes as it does seem like I'm overly keen to defend them at times but honestly I'd hate for dribbling nonsense like this to be take seriously.

And before you start about old timers etc etc whilst I'm not as old as you I'm reaching my mid forties and supported the club since the mid 80's so don't bother patronising me about now knowing how the club works or such other bullshit.

your just annoying echo of your mate you know F**k all and just repeat his missives. Its not patronising to point out the utter nonsense of defending billionaires. How do you know about the club from the 60's when the foundations of this Liverpool were being laid by men who loved the City and the people not the money they could rip from their wallets go F**k yourself and your mates you disgust me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,365 posts | 4973 
      Reply #2068: Feb 22, 2023 10:10:49 pm
      your just annoying echo of your mate you know F**k all and just repeat his missives. Its not patronising to point out the utter nonsense of defending billionaires. How do you know about the club from the 60's when the foundations of this Liverpool were being laid by men who loved the City and the people not the money they could rip from their wallets go F**k yourself and your mates you disgust me.

Maybe I am defending billionaires but just so we're clear your criticising one set of billionaires just to have even richer billionaires come in and spend even more money, and likely dirtier money, on more and more millionaire footballers.

What's it to be, you want a reset to a less money focused game or not??

At least the billionaires we have now are running the club within its means and not spending unnecessary money we as a club don't have.

And if you're referring to Lallana in Pyjamas I've no interest in echoing him and I've got my on kind and always have on here.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 453 
      Reply #2069: Feb 22, 2023 10:18:04 pm
      .... anyway.

We need huge investment from these lot in the summer. How they make the accounts add up is up to them but f**k me do they need to go big.

Well beyond anything they have managed so far.

Quick Reply