Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Moises Caicedo (Brighton)

Read 46951 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Re: Moises Caicedo (Brighton)
      Reply #1265: Aug 13, 2023 10:59:47 am
      There is no club I hate more than those horrible c*nts. Propped up by billionaires since 2004. Horrible c*nts
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1266: Aug 13, 2023 11:00:05 am
      Is he 111m good?
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #1267: Aug 13, 2023 11:08:28 am

Yes. In my opinion. And players like that are hard to find. Unless you've got Brightons scouting network it seems.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1268: Aug 13, 2023 11:11:12 am
      Iā€™m not so sure anymore

If klopp really rated him, he would be at Liverpool right now, you get what I mean ?

When I called him to arrive months ago, it was more to improve our depth, I donā€™t see him as a player who can start week in and week out imo

Iā€™m convinced thatā€™s why we suddenly dropped interest and went all out here, the boss wnats someone like vvd when we got him, to come in right away and play in our first 11 every week

My only gripe with klopp is, take your own advice, you said to take a little bit of risk, find someone in Europe you like, and go get him for the first 11 and trust yourself to be able to get the best out of him right away

Rightly or wrongly FFP was only ever a [convenient] smoke screen for clubs/owners who didn't want to spend money.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,476 posts | 823 
      Reply #1269: Aug 13, 2023 11:14:40 am
      I said this when the news broke mate.  Brighton were made up we came along. They used us as a tool to draw Chelsea out. They knew how it would end.

And then they had the cheek to go back on the Thursday midnight deadline and then even more cheek to ask us to leave our bid in whilst they did the deal with Chelsea. They've all ended up with what they wanted and we get the big assist and f*ck all else.

Lost lavia now as well. How they spend all this money is pathetic. FFP my f*cking arse.
      Not for me...These clubs don't mess about, especially when these kind of figures are at stake....Your theory is pure conjecture bordering on fantasy. Bottom line Clubs agreed a deal....but the lad has rejected the move as he prefers to go to Chelsea.
      He's not coming here so let's all just move on.
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #1270: Aug 13, 2023 11:16:19 am

Lost lavia now as well. How they spend all this money is pathetic. FFP my f*cking arse.

But we'll continue to run our transfer policy like ffp is in full force. We haven't moved with the times. This Caicedo has been an absolute mess which has played out in the media for all to see. Where does this leave us? Without a dm is where. So what from here? History tells us we'll be told "well we tried but the right player just wasn't available". I really hope we move on to another dm but I just can't see it. Instead we'll be -Ā£30m net and that works out perfect for our owners.

With five places up for grabs I'm convinced this was a ploy to get Chelsea to breach ffp and potentially get points deducted. That would give us a better chance of getting Champions League football and it didn't cost the owners a thing.

We'll know when the window shuts and then there will be two sides. One side will say we're sorted in the middle with no no.6 and the other side will say we're doomed.

Last year one side said we're sorted for midfielders and the other side said we're doomed with the ones we have. We ended up in a crisis and now we're playing football, on Thursdays, with the likes of FC Quarabag
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1271: Aug 13, 2023 11:16:37 am
      Iā€™m not so sure anymore

If klopp really rated him, he would be at Liverpool right now, you get what I mean ?

When I called him to arrive months ago, it was more to improve our depth, I donā€™t see him as a player who can start week in and week out imo

Iā€™m convinced thatā€™s why we suddenly dropped interest and went all out here, the boss wnats someone like vvd when we got him, to come in right away and play in our first 11 every week

My only gripe with klopp is, take your own advice, you said to take a little bit of risk, find someone in Europe you like, and go get him for the first 11 and trust yourself to be able to get the best out of him right away

He's a super player would absolutely be starting here week in week out.

However, if he didn't want to sign for us to play under a top 2 in world manager then I'm glad we didn't get him he can get fu**ed.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #1272: Aug 13, 2023 11:18:17 am
      JĆ¼rgen's strict "no dickhead" policy is what makes me think the carry on 'might' be agents.....big fella wouldve walked away unless he had some assurances.....in my opinion....
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1273: Aug 13, 2023 11:22:32 am
      Yes. In my opinion. And players like that are hard to find. Unless you've got Brightons scouting network it seems.

Fair enough... we were very 'lucky' in finding Fabinho then.
      I'm guessing (and it's only that) that every team in the effin world has a defensive mid. Is he the best? I'm not sure, (IMO, obviously).
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #1274: Aug 13, 2023 11:27:32 am
      Not for me...These clubs don't mess about, especially when these kind of figures are at stake....Your theory is pure conjecture bordering on fantasy. Bottom line Clubs agreed a deal....but the lad has rejected the move as he prefers to go to Chelsea.
      He's not coming here so let's all just move on.

So if we hadn't come along and offered 111m you think this deal wouldn't have dragged on to the deadline?

I think Chelsea would have dragged it out and tried to get him at alot less than they now have done.

Us entering the situation was ideal for Brighton.  Chelsea had to put up or shut up and it seems that they now have put up ... somehow.

I fail to see how they stay within ffp.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #1275: Aug 13, 2023 11:30:35 am
      Fair enough... we were very 'lucky' in finding Fabinho then.
      I'm guessing (and it's only that) that every team in the effin world has a defensive mid. Is he the best? I'm not sure, (IMO, obviously).

Fabinho had been on the radar for a while. Probably in the system of data analysis etc back in the days when we used to plan at least 12 months in advance.

We identified him and eventually bought him.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,476 posts | 823 
      Reply #1276: Aug 13, 2023 11:45:56 am
      So if we hadn't come along and offered 111m you think this deal wouldn't have dragged on to the deadline?

I think Chelsea would have dragged it out and tried to get him at alot less than they now have done.

Us entering the situation was ideal for Brighton.  Chelsea had to put up or shut up and it seems that they now have put up ... somehow.

I fail to see how they stay within ffp.
      What's done is done, I don't dwell on what might have happened....He is a good footballer, there's loads of them as gifted.(and before you ask...No I can't name any!)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1277: Aug 13, 2023 11:50:32 am
      Fabinho had been on the radar for a while. Probably in the system of data analysis etc back in the days when we used to plan at least 12 months in advance.

We identified him and eventually bought him.

So not lucky then?
      Brian57953956
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #1278: Aug 13, 2023 12:02:07 pm
      Don't think this guy has any special insight, but he thinks we're still in the mix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yE78xzoTB4
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #1279: Aug 13, 2023 12:07:25 pm
      So still only ā€œcloseā€ to a deal eh?

We should up our bid for Lavia right before kickoff today and leave our bid in for Caicedo. tw*t the fuckers and then sign both players.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1280: Aug 13, 2023 01:20:25 pm
      So 48 hours later

And still no improved big being accepted by Brighton 😂😂😂

Pretty sure thereā€™s plenty of 👁ļøs to dot and āŽ the ā˜•ļøs  on this one Pj.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #1281: Aug 13, 2023 01:33:20 pm
      It happens. Nothing to worry about. Hope the club just move on and use the rest of time to look for another midfielder. There will always be players who dont want to join us for some reason and that is their choice. Lets just move on :)
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #1282: Aug 13, 2023 02:01:05 pm
      Surprised there has been no published development bearing in mind the plan is for him to be presented before the match.

Could be that they plan to "surprise" their fans with a public showing at the game and confirm the signing only minutes before or afterwards.

If that doesn't happen then there are problems and Chelsea are in trouble.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,759 posts | 863 
      Reply #1283: Aug 13, 2023 02:02:37 pm
      Lots of speculation in that thread. I think this is the type of saga that we probably won't ever know what's going on until its resolved one way or another. We'll just have to sit tight and hope that the club is working, behind the scenes, for a plan B in case Caicedo ends up going to Chelsea.

As far as I'm concerned I'm gonna give this saga a rest and watch from a distance. Way too much fighting and toxicity in that thread. No, if the player ends up at Chelsea we were not humiliated and this is only the social media effect some of you are feeling. We are Liverpool FC, the biggest and most prestigious club in the land. This was true yesterday, it's true today and it will be tomorrow regardless of anything and anybody. Everyone else can F**k off
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #1284: Aug 13, 2023 02:10:48 pm
      I think the likelihood is that heā€™s going to Chelsea, I was just of the hope that we could make it as painful as possible for them to get him. If we donā€™t get Lavia though because weā€™ve been dicking around with this transfer itā€™s going to be irritating. A week ago I was pessimistic weā€™d sign anyone else and at this point I still am so record breaking bid or not, we still havenā€™t done much to lock down any of our ā€œtargetsā€.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 49 
      Reply #1285: Aug 13, 2023 02:19:16 pm
      Surprised there has been no published development bearing in mind the plan is for him to be presented before the match.

Could be that they plan to "surprise" their fans with a public showing at the game and confirm the signing only minutes before or afterwards.

If that doesn't happen then there are problems and Chelsea are in trouble.
      does anyone care,its either chelsea or stay at brighton,we dont want the likes of him
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1286: Aug 13, 2023 02:36:20 pm
      Lots of speculation in that thread. I think this is the type of saga that we probably won't ever know what's going on until its resolved one way or another. We'll just have to sit tight and hope that the club is working, behind the scenes, for a plan B in case Caicedo ends up going to Chelsea.

As far as I'm concerned I'm gonna give this saga a rest and watch from a distance. Way too much fighting and toxicity in that thread. No, if the player ends up at Chelsea we were not humiliated and this is only the social media effect some of you are feeling. We are Liverpool FC, the biggest and most prestigious club in the land. This was true yesterday, it's true today and it will be tomorrow regardless of anything and anybody. Everyone else can F**k off

Fairy muff Mr Bear let the results tell the story!

Somebody with misdirected authority believes we have sufficient depth  in the midfield and defensive areas - let's see how that tumbles, I for one hope the optimism is justified however mistaken that maybe.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #1287: Aug 13, 2023 02:37:06 pm
      Did Chelsea bid came in yet or are they still working hard and are close to submit a bid? :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply