Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

F.A. Cup 2023-24

Read 15557 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: F.A. Cup 2023-24
      Reply #207: May 25, 2024 06:19:30 pm

Yours not a major  :f_whistle:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #208: May 25, 2024 06:20:33 pm

Trophy wise yes. However, team wise not even close to you lot. 🤷‍♂️
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #209: May 25, 2024 06:21:09 pm
      Trophy wise yes. However, team wise not even close to you lot. 🤷‍♂️

Didn’t realise United had qualified for the Champions League
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #210: May 25, 2024 07:19:04 pm
      Didn’t realise United had qualified for the Champions League

Like you we qualified for Europe. 😂
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #211: May 25, 2024 07:48:45 pm
      How the utd fans have adjusted their expectation they  have been lowered and winning by any means is now acceptable.  Being dominated by your rivals for 90mins just seeking goals on the break style of play and history have been abandoned for pragmatism as 83% of utd fans back the manager.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #212: May 25, 2024 09:19:55 pm
      How the utd fans have adjusted their expectation they  have been lowered and winning by any means is now acceptable.  Being dominated by your rivals for 90mins just seeking goals on the break style of play and history have been abandoned for pragmatism as 83% of utd fans back the manager.

I'm sorry but who would give a F**k about that?

When we won in Istanbul I never once thought about the fact that Milan completely outplayed us.

United have problems long term under Ten Hag and it would be the right decision to sack him but that doesn't diminish the fact they won a major trophy today and thoroughly deserved to do so.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #213: May 25, 2024 09:29:42 pm

You sure it was 83% and not 73% like what’s been stated? and since when has possession in the modern game been factor? The times I’ve heard you say ( and others ) it’s the results want count not the performance. The times you lot played poorly this season and still got a result, have you forgotten??

Course not, you just choose to play a blind eye because it’s you. Can you honestly say City deserved  that win on 90 mins of football?

Chats called it right, he’s not wearing rose tints, perhaps take yours off before posting. 😉
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 453 
      Reply #214: May 26, 2024 07:14:00 am
      Had a feeling United would do that. Their win over us, Covs come back and surviving that offside winner. City not quite at it. United played very well once again to their one off game plan for the day.

United found a way to win but Walton is correct in a way although it comes across as sour grapes 🍇.

Until United who have spent just as much as any team in the world can find a style of play that can impose themselves on the opposition then it will be just these 1 off cup wins which will be the height of their achievements in the age where you'll probably need 94 points + to win a title more years than not.

Spending a billion over 10 years and then ramming down the plucky underdog routine both in the media and on the pitch every time they come up against a top side always sticks in the craw.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 453 
      Reply #215: May 26, 2024 07:26:02 am
      Is De Bruyne injured? Swear Pep takes him off a lot considering he's the best player to ever kick a ball in the Premier League as we're led to believe.

Often hear it said KDB superior to Gerrard. One thing Gerrard did do that KDB just flat out doesn't is turn up in finals.

How often have we seen him subbed off in the really big games? For City and Belgium.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #216: May 26, 2024 08:23:55 am
      Often hear it said KDB superior to Gerrard. One thing Gerrard did do that KDB just flat out doesn't is turn up in finals.

How often have we seen him subbed off in the really big games? For City and Belgium.

KDB on hid day beats anyone that has played in the premier league in his position. That in includes SG, Scholes, Lampard, etc etc. his stats per game out rank the above.

Not a nice thing to say but it’s true
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #217: May 26, 2024 09:15:07 am
      So strange to see City fail to turn up. That was like watching Liverpool of late.

Passing it around with little care, messing around at the back, and barely threatening goal whilst wasting chances. Not the same City that were ramping their way to win the title.

Utd get lucky yet again with a much better team just screwing up. Deserved to win the game just as they deserved to beat us, but only because of the incompetence of their opponent.

City were a shambles and I'm shocked at how bad they played. Utd embarrassed them.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 338 posts | 49 
      Reply #218: May 26, 2024 09:41:36 am
      KDB on hid day beats anyone that has played in the premier league in his position. That in includes SG, Scholes, Lampard, etc etc. his stats per game out rank the above.

I've played football at a decent level and Gerrard was twice the player he is, shooting, tackling, passing, heading, playing 4or 5 positions better than people in them positions, we wouldn't have won 2005 final if you swop kdb with him so there you go
      Millsy75
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 338 posts | 49 
      Reply #219: May 26, 2024 09:44:36 am
      Plus how can go off stats, when kdb is playing in best side to ever play in prem? With probly best manager to manage init
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #220: May 26, 2024 11:12:28 am
      You sure it was 83% and not 73% like what’s been stated? and since when has possession in the modern game been factor? The times I’ve heard you say ( and others ) it’s the results want count not the performance. The times you lot played poorly this season and still got a result, have you forgotten??

Course not, you just choose to play a blind eye because it’s you. Can you honestly say City deserved  that win on 90 mins of football?

Chats called it right, he’s not wearing rose tints, perhaps take yours off before posting. 😉

Well I have a good memory and we had Utd style of play was in their Dna rammed down our throats. Defending deep and wacking a long ball forward is Wimbledonesque but I guess its an admission of where the club is.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #221: May 26, 2024 12:13:55 pm

Disappeared yesterday though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #222: May 26, 2024 12:15:00 pm
      Plus how can go off stats, when kdb is playing in best side to ever play in prem? With probly best manager to manage init

Which made yesterday even funnier, watching Pep do F**k all but sub his best player 😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #223: May 26, 2024 12:45:29 pm
      United got humiliated in Europe, finished mid table and have lurched from one crisis to another.

Winning yesterday just papered over the cracks. I still reckon Ratcliffe wants to sack Ten Hag.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #224: May 26, 2024 05:20:35 pm

I don’t base him being the best midfielder in the Premier league I’ve ever seen on 90 mins football Pete.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #225: May 26, 2024 05:24:24 pm
      United got humiliated in Europe, finished mid table and have lurched from one crisis to another.

Winning yesterday just papered over the cracks. I still reckon Ratcliffe wants to sack Ten Hag.

Decision on Ten hag already made before the final in my opinion Pete, just don’t know what it is. 🤷‍♂️   Interesting a few new managers now become available. 🤦‍♂️ I just haven’t a clue what will happen and not even going to try and second guess, the media do that for us and muppets that read them just print what’s been said. 🤦‍♂️
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #226: May 26, 2024 05:27:38 pm

Isn’t that what they say about Messi yet still many regard him as the greatest? Not saying they’re wrong but like I’ve said many many times! Ronaldo done it every where whereas Messi only done it at Barcelona, not forgetting he never played in the hardest league in the world.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #227: May 26, 2024 05:38:21 pm
      I've played football at a decent level and Gerrard was twice the player he is, shooting, tackling, passing, heading, playing 4or 5 positions better than people in them positions, we wouldn't have won 2005 final if you swop kdb with him so there you go

SG 504 appearances. Goals 120. Assists 92.
      KDB 260 appearances. Goals 68. Assist 112.
      Scholes 700 appearances. Goals 150. Assists 55.

That’s based on me googling it. For only 260 appearances I know who I’m putting my money on. No doubt  SG & Scholes can be named in the same breath. However, as No 1 it KDB and still going!
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,271 posts | 283 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #228: May 26, 2024 06:23:06 pm

Not a F***ing chance! SG played in the weakest squads arguably out of all of them and was the best out of them. Modern day Roy of the Rovers. KDB was sh*t at Chelsea and sold. Scholes a distant 2nd for me
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #229: May 26, 2024 08:52:30 pm
      So strange to see City fail to turn up. That was like watching Liverpool of late.

Passing it around with little care, messing around at the back, and barely threatening goal whilst wasting chances. Not the same City that were ramping their way to win the title.

Utd get lucky yet again with a much better team just screwing up. Deserved to win the game just as they deserved to beat us, but only because of the incompetence of their opponent.

City were a shambles and I'm shocked at how bad they played. Utd embarrassed them.

I thought Martinez owned Haaland for the whole match, was it Carra who said he’d never make it in the Premier League?

Quick Reply