Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      6 (8.7%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      24 (34.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      6 (8.7%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      21 (30.4%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (1.4%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (7.2%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: Dec 27, 2023 07:26:09 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10601 times
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,883 posts | 421 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Dec 23, 2023 08:22:08 pm
      Fair result. Cracking weekend for City.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,883 posts | 421 
      Reply #392: Dec 23, 2023 08:24:17 pm
      Salah has been involved in 51 percent of our goals this season in the premier league

Really worried about how we will cope when he goes

Think unless we strike gold in the market we slide down the league pal. But we have always managed to replace our top strikers. Owen --> Torres --> Suarez ---> Lambert  Mo
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #393: Dec 23, 2023 08:28:32 pm
      Konate and Endo were massive. Trent's passing was spot on and should have won it for us.

Hope the Greek is alright.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,487 posts | 218 
      Reply #394: Dec 23, 2023 08:28:48 pm
      Think unless we strike gold in the market we slide down the league pal. But we have always managed to replace our top strikers. Owen --> Torres --> Suarez ---> Lambert  Mo

I think we need someone to step up because we have the numbers there but not the quality but I just don’t see it

Diaz looks absolutely a shadow of his pre injury version of himself

Maybe if jota can come back? It’s worrying for sure, the lack of quality bar Salah is so weird to see considering what we had before

Just need someone to hit form but hope we can somehow pull it through but I am very very worried as well

I can see us struggling to score
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,883 posts | 421 
      Reply #395: Dec 23, 2023 08:29:45 pm
      It seems Szoboszlai is the designated scapegoat for this period which is ridiculous really. Sure, his range is a bit off but his physicality and work rate ensures that we are in these games. We're a very hard team to turn over due to his work rate alone.

Bets on the next inexplicable scapegoat with absolutely no rhyme or reason behind it? I'm going Virgil.

To be fair I've thought Dom for a month or so has been struggling. Not because he's a scapegoat but because for a while now he's been struggling unfortunately.

Probably the amount of football. Don't think there's an agenda against him but folk tend to see what he's doing on the ball rather than off it and it's been a little off colour.

Not awful but below his early standards. That being said there's certainly bigger problems than him mainly what Mo is playing with and where that leaves the club if he fancies a new challenge. Diaz Gakpo and Darwin have big ? Hanging over them.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #396: Dec 23, 2023 08:30:35 pm
      I think we need someone to step up because we have the numbers there but not the quality but I just don’t see it

Maybe if jota can come back? It’s worrying for sure, the lack of quality bar Salah is so weird to see considering what we had before

Just need someone to hit form but hope we can somehow pull it through but I am very very worried as well

Why don't you chang your name or is it ironic?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,883 posts | 421 
      Reply #397: Dec 23, 2023 08:32:11 pm

Questions will be answered in Jan when he's away at the AFCON. As it looks now we will need to spread the goals around the squad if we are to stay in the title picture 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,387 posts | 2823 
      Reply #398: Dec 23, 2023 08:36:41 pm
      A Christmas gift to Citeh. Very little quality from us there. Lots of passion and gusto but Arsenal played all the football. Two out of six points for us, too many draws are killing us like 2009.

The point was disappointing but it certainly wasn’t a gift for City. Let’s not forget they’ve already dropped 5 points to the two teams that played today.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #399: Dec 23, 2023 08:38:10 pm
      Elliott and Nunez were the right subs but didn't get to impact in the way they wanted to.

Don't think anyone would have complained about Gravenberch coming on but when he did he was absolutely dire. His inability to pick up the ball and his slack play all round ensured we lost control of the midfield big time. Slightly disappointed to see Nunez stuck on the left all that time. Would have liked to see him do stuff down the middle.

A point isn't a bad result especially against this high flying Arsenal side. But I can't help to think that the win was there for us if we sought it out a bit more. Certain players need to step up quickly. Gakpo and Diaz especially who once again

This is a team that has scored a good few goals already this season. But imagine where we'd be with players that weren't Diaz and Gakpo. Probably top of the league by a good margin.

I thought defensively we were excellent. Never mind Saliba, I thought Virgil was utterly peerless. Gomez had a couple of sloppy moments getting up to speed but he really ascended to the challenge of defending up against Saka. And he offered an attacking outlet. He's having a quietly impressive season is Joe. Konate - good in the end though still has a tendency to let the ball bounce and invite pressure with some needless behaviour. I think it's bizarre that he's ahead of Virgil in the MOTM poll in all honesty. Trent - could have rolled it in for 2-1 but defensively as good as I've seen him for a long time. He showed his range with some superb balls into the front three. Unfortunately, Gakpo is simply not on the level to receive and make the most of them.

Endo was really good until Gravenberch decided to F**k up the dynamic in midfield. Szobo was sloppy late on but he provided the industry and work rate that is making us so hard to beat. He'll rediscover his range but his work rate alone means he is a must in the first eleven.

Great post
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #400: Dec 23, 2023 08:41:15 pm
      Broken collarbone for Greek surely that's 3 -4 months out  need Robbo back sharpish injuries creeping up need bodies back

So on that sidelines there, where it happened, is that just concrete covered by artificial turf? Or was it just a bad fall right on the collarbone?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,387 posts | 2823 
      Reply #401: Dec 23, 2023 08:43:24 pm
      So on that sidelines there, where it happened, is that just concrete covered by artificial turf? Or was it just a bad fall right on the collarbone?

It was Saka being an utter c**t
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #402: Dec 23, 2023 08:47:50 pm
      It was Saka being an utter c**t

Yeah that too, but he took a real awkward fall righy on the sidelines
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #403: Dec 23, 2023 08:56:46 pm
      Yeah that too, but he took a real awkward fall righy on the sidelines

Because of an old sucka who couldnt get out of the way despite being it messaged by a mile. F*ck Jürgen, train some vertical jumps to avoid s*it like that!  8) xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #404: Dec 23, 2023 09:24:05 pm
      Szobo was poor. He just doesn't really up the intensity to, in a sense cover his dwindling influence. Still only 22 but he has to work harder, it's not just about the spectacular 25 yarder. Bit disappointed in Cody as well. Nothing of note. V West Ham we had such a high tempo, today we got nowhere near that level of intensity.

Overall we lacked the real desire. Jones, well went back to being Jones. One dimensional. Fair result enough result in the end.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,487 posts | 218 
      Reply #405: Dec 23, 2023 09:28:19 pm
      Why don't you chang your name or is it ironic?

Why don’t you put the fork down or is it ironic ?

It’s a sensible discussion and you’re just coming in to be wum. Log off
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,487 posts | 218 
      Reply #406: Dec 23, 2023 09:30:05 pm
      Szobo was poor. He just doesn't really up the intensity to, in a sense cover his dwindling influence. Still only 22 but he has to work harder, it's not just about the spectacular 25 yarder. Bit disappointed in Cody as well. Nothing of note. V West Ham we had such a high tempo, today we got nowhere near that level of intensity.

Overall we lacked the real desire. Jones, well went back to being Jones. One dimensional. Fair result enough result in the end.

I thought he gassed out, like he started the second half on fire

Mac would have been good in this game imo but we just need bodies back now

Jota, Robertson and Mac and we are looking real good

If we can get a forward player firing other than Salah, really good
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 765 
      Reply #407: Dec 23, 2023 09:34:36 pm
      Decent enough game and result, apart from helping City. Good fightback after Arsenal seemed to take control.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Reply #408: Dec 23, 2023 09:42:44 pm
      The point was disappointing but it certainly wasn’t a gift for City. Let’s not forget they’ve already dropped 5 points to the two teams that played today.
      In terms of staying in touch with either, both or one of the leaders is what I meant, you watch them go from February onwards with KGB back. I'll be surprised if they don't win again by, 6-8 points.
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #409: Dec 23, 2023 09:43:22 pm
      I thought he gassed out, like he started the second half on fire

Mac would have been good in this game imo but we just need bodies back now

Jota, Robertson and Mac and we are looking real good

If we can get a forward player firing other than Salah, really good

Fair enough. Whatever comes or goes we have to improve in midfield. They passed us to death in the last 30 and they shut down our passing options far quicker than us. Very little pass and move, and dwelling on the ball. Gakpo doesn't do a Bobby (false 9) very well today. Lacks a bit of definition. In truth they are our equal at least and if we don't play much better in the next 2, cup (Jan 7) and league (Feb 3) we'll get nowt.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,487 posts | 218 
      Reply #410: Dec 23, 2023 09:51:38 pm
      Fair enough. Whatever comes or goes we have to improve in midfield. They passed us to death in the last 30 and they shut down our passing options far quicker than us. Very little pass and move, and dwelling on the ball. Gakpo doesn't do a Bobby (false 9) very well today. Lacks a bit of definition. In truth they are our equal at least and if we don't play much better in the next 2, cup (Jan 7) and league (Feb 3) we'll get nowt.

That’s true, I think I said it here tbh I was worried about this game because of how the last 30 mins went

Sure we had a break and probably should have won the game if we were better up top but we at least held our own for a good 65 mins ish and were better until they took back control

I see it was we finished what last year ? 5th I think it was or 6th and we suddenly have jumped to fight for the title whilst Arsenal were already that

I see us ahead of the game but we have a chance here this season. I hope we get a body in dm in January to help the team

Salah going is such a big blow, we literally creates or scores half of our goals
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #411: Dec 23, 2023 10:15:45 pm
      Why don’t you put the fork down or is it ironic ?

It’s a sensible discussion and you’re just coming in to be wum. Log off

Why dont you fork off ?
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #412: Dec 23, 2023 10:19:24 pm
      That’s true, I think I said it here tbh I was worried about this game because of how the last 30 mins went

Sure we had a break and probably should have won the game if we were better up top but we at least held our own for a good 65 mins ish and were better until they took back control

I see it was we finished what last year ? 5th I think it was or 6th and we suddenly have jumped to fight for the title whilst Arsenal were already that

I see us ahead of the game but we have a chance here this season. I hope we get a body in dm in January to help the team

Salah going is such a big blow, we literally creates or scores half of our goals

Offered 2nd and points clear of City, by Crimbo, JK would snatch yer hand off. But we know there is massive room for improvement. We haven't got the balance right in mid or upstairs and we know 3/4 bad results and it could look like a screw up season.

Some great stuff, some good stuff,some crap stuff...so far.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #413: Dec 23, 2023 10:26:45 pm
      Frustrating game yet again. Tsimikas out with broken collarbone is gonna be a big blow. Hopefully Gomez can keep up his current form as I think he's been excellent recently.

Trent scores and we probably win that. Get the pen given by the Coote the blind c**t and we win that. Also what the F**k were VAR assistant's doing at the time?

Arsenal aren't that special either, plus another gang of fannies that go down after the slightest touch.

Quick Reply