Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Arne Slot - LFC Manager (Head Coach)

Read 9715 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4978 
      Re: Arne Slot - LFC Manager (Head Coach)
      Reply #115: May 24, 2024 07:23:52 pm
      See razor Ruddock has been online singing a new slot song. L o l

Glad I've missed that.

Can't stand him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #116: May 24, 2024 10:26:32 pm
      Before a player is bought or sold or a ball kicked what are your expectations next season under the hairless one?

Our 1st fully bald manager I believe?

I'll get criticised for this but in the early months of a new manager I don't think it's necessarily about trophies but what belief he gives a fanbase.

It was obvious really early on with Klopp we were going somewhere - dismantling City on their ground, the Dortmund comeback, beating United over two legs etc.

Slot's primary objective is that - make a statement, get us playing his way and show how it can work in the long run.

Ten Hag won a trophy in his first season and finished top four but at no point has he shown anything to suggest he can succeed at a big club like United. I'd take a season or two of nothing as long as we know we're on the right path - it took almost 4 years for Jürgen to lift to a trophy with us.

paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 686 posts | 91 
      Reply #117: May 24, 2024 11:45:15 pm
      I'll get criticised for this but in the early months of a new manager I don't think it's necessarily about trophies but what belief he gives a fanbase.

It was obvious really early on with Klopp we were going somewhere - dismantling City on their ground, the Dortmund comeback, beating United over two legs etc.

Slot's primary objective is that - make a statement, get us playing his way and show how it can work in the long run.

Ten Hag won a trophy in his first season and finished top four but at no point has he shown anything to suggest he can succeed at a big club like United. I'd take a season or two of nothing as long as we know we're on the right path - it took almost 4 years for Jürgen to lift to a trophy with us.
      Just hit the ground running. Jürgen has left a talented bunch, young and not so young. Add two or three and we are in a strong position to push on. Aim for the top anyway and see what happens.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #118: May 25, 2024 05:00:38 am
      Welcome Arne.

Here’s the plan (as with all managers everywhere): Win games, or get the sack.

That’s it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,547 posts | 3474 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #119: May 25, 2024 09:42:28 am
      See the club advertising jobs on LinkedIn. I've applied for kit manager
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #120: May 25, 2024 03:25:30 pm
      See razor Ruddock has been online singing a new slot song. L o l

Pointed out to my brother the irony of the original chant to the song he was singing was about him and his team mates before they embarrassed us with that sh*t performance against PSG in Paris.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #121: May 25, 2024 03:27:15 pm
      Welcome Arne.

That’s it.

When the F**k did we turn into Chelsea?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #122: May 25, 2024 05:06:04 pm
      Shankly to Arne 65 years 12 managers nothing like Chelsea or any other club.only 2 didn't put something in the Trophy cabinet.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 1118 
      Reply #123: May 25, 2024 06:36:53 pm
      Shankly to Arne 65 years 12 managers nothing like Chelsea or any other club.only 2 didn't put something in the Trophy cabinet.
      Brendan amd Hodg?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #124: May 25, 2024 06:48:58 pm
      When the F**k did we turn into Chelsea?

Not even close. Not even on the same planet.

It's just reality.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2024 06:57:22 pm by Robby The Z »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #125: May 25, 2024 07:59:05 pm

Yes who appointed them just shows how well the club appointed managers. Chelsea have probably had 12 in the last 10 years
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,233 posts | 241 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #126: May 26, 2024 03:19:57 am
      Welcome Arne.

That’s it.

Very nice welcoming from you, I’m sure he’ll appreciate this very much.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #127: May 26, 2024 12:22:59 pm
      Not even close. Not even on the same planet.

It's just reality.

Armchair reality, not matchgoing reality unfortunately.

Try again son!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,996 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #128: May 30, 2024 04:58:00 am
      Anyone else getting the feeling yet that FSG have pulled another rabbit?

Reason being the stuff I’ve read about Arne and the comments from those who have worked with him or for him have all been positive,
      The way he ‘Coaches’ and tries to get the absolute best out of every player, and if their slightly under what he expects from them he’ll work with them to get it right, his attention to detail is said to be the best it can possibly be,
      He’s tactically astute and has ways and means to get around or over certain hurdles,
      He’s big on developing young talent so we know he has a conveyor belt of potential stars waiting for their chance,
      He’s good with handling the media and how careful he needs to be on what he says, and he’s a very likeable character, has a rapport with his players and likes to “let his hair down “ socially,

Of course what he won’t be used to is the expectancy levels that he hadn’t experienced in Dutch football, the only box it seems unticked, he’ll get used to it I expect,

I’ve become more confident after reading & hearing how the fella goes about his business, from saying ‘ Arne ’ who ? a few weeks ago to, I like this guy, is encouraging, lets say it another way, FSG have a decent enough record for getting things right , they might have done it again  !!

YNWA
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #129: May 30, 2024 07:52:50 am

Reason being the stuff I’ve read about Arne and the comments from those who have worked with him or for him have all been positive,
      The way he ‘Coaches’ and tries to get the absolute best out of every player, and if their slightly under what he expects from them he’ll work with them to get it right, his attention to detail is said to be the best it can possibly be,
      He’s tactically astute and has ways and means to get around or over certain hurdles,
      He’s big on developing young talent so we know he has a conveyor belt of potential stars waiting for their chance,
      He’s good with handling the media and how careful he needs to be on what he says, and he’s a very likeable character, has a rapport with his players and likes to “let his hair down “ socially,

Of course what he won’t be used to is the expectancy levels that he hadn’t experienced in Dutch football, the only box it seems unticked, he’ll get used to it I expect,

I’ve become more confident after reading & hearing how the fella goes about his business, from saying ‘ Arne ’ who ? a few weeks ago to, I like this guy, is encouraging, lets say it another way, FSG have a decent enough record for getting things right , they might have done it again  !!

YNWA
      Pretty much sums up how I feel about it all. Quietly confident.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 874 posts | 145 
      Reply #130: May 30, 2024 08:12:34 am
      The more I see of The Slotmeister, the more I like. I did keep a small eye on Feyenoord over the last few years (I like PSV Eindoven, I used to live beside the Philips Stadion in the 90's) and liked their brand of football....
      Watched both of their CL games in the group stages against Celtic last year, and was impressed with their organisation all over the pitch.
      Very optimistic for some nice football being played by our boys next season, and also looking forward to Arne's interviews. He's got the charisma to follow on from Herr Klopp in many ways....
      Very likeable.....

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #131: May 30, 2024 10:04:56 am
      The more I see of The Slotmeister, the more I like. I did keep a small eye on Feyenoord over the last few years (I like PSV Eindoven, I used to live beside the Philips Stadion in the 90's) and liked their brand of football....
      Watched both of their CL games in the group stages against Celtic last year, and was impressed with their organisation all over the pitch.
      Very optimistic for some nice football being played by our boys next season, and also looking forward to Arne's interviews. He's got the charisma to follow on from Herr Klopp in many ways....
      Very likeable.....

YNWA

Wont be as good as Klopp no matter what first impressions are like.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #132: May 30, 2024 10:07:19 am

YNWA

Fcuk sake he was your third choice if what we read in the media true. Next think you’ll be telling me Liverpool with finish above Arsenal next year. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #133: May 30, 2024 10:10:21 am
      Fcuk sake he was your third choice if what we read in the media true. Next think you’ll be telling me Liverpool with finish above Arsenal next year. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

doesnt matter if he was 10th choice he has already got into tenbob's head.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #134: May 30, 2024 10:16:46 am
      doesnt matter if he was 10th choice he has already got into tenbob's head.

Of course it matters, you’re eating the left overs.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #135: May 30, 2024 10:24:36 am

you keep thinking that if it helps your fragile club.. You dont know who was in line but its clear we dodged a few bullets before we got the RIGHT man.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #136: May 30, 2024 10:26:58 am
      The thing is though, there are no guarantees your ninth choice will fail, and no guarantees your first choice will succeed. Even Pep was a nobody at one point. Every manager has to come from somewhere, ours comes from Feyenoord. Besides that, he plays exciting football, prefers technical players, and is a tactician with high attention to detail. That's all we know. I'm happy with that.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #137: May 30, 2024 10:28:16 am
      Can't speak for anyone else, but I've had some very tasty cold pizza the next morning. Very tasty :D

Quick Reply