Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Peoples changing views of Rafa

Read 20445 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Peoples changing views of Rafa
      Reply #276: Feb 11, 2008 08:53:49 am
      Thats when everyone will jump on board the bring Rafa back campaign. Lets not rue our mistakes by forcing out our greatest manager in a long time!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #277: Feb 12, 2008 10:04:01 am
      Hope it does not take RAFA to leave B4 people realise what a good job he has done under very difficult times due to the 3 stooges.

Exactly mate, well said - I hope it doesn't happen for a long time... but the man could walk, which has never been raised properly here... and the Spanish national side, Barcelona and Atletico de Madrid jobs will probably become vacant in the summer.... Real Madrid doesn't look likely on current team form though! (7-0 win at the weekend, awesome footy... which I hate to say as I have a soft spot for Atletico).
      sabrina
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 95 posts |
      Reply #278: Feb 12, 2008 12:11:28 pm
      rafa has won us the champions league nd got us 2 anotha final y r we questioning him? we need 2 stand by r manager he is fantastic if the stupid american owners hav a problem lets kick them out  in sted!!!!!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #279: Feb 12, 2008 12:14:41 pm
      Yes good point Don I would not be at all surprised if he went to Barca and took Xabi with him. I think that would be a great loss in player and manager. Did anybody manage to read Kevin Keegan's comments i cant remember which site it was where he mentioned the dominance and the monopoly created by the big four. He included us in this list but when you look at the annual turnover of Mancs Chelsea and Arsenal we ourselves are a way behind. In saying that it is a bit harsh to compare what Ferguson, Mourinho and Wenger have done, they have had the buying power in comparison to Benitez.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #280: Feb 12, 2008 03:18:11 pm
      I think one thing all fans want is some serious backing for rafa. Our fans just want him to get a real chance to show what he can do and we need him to get serious backing to be able to do that.
      red1
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #281: Feb 12, 2008 11:30:41 pm
      I've never seen our fans so fickle, too many influenced by the sh*te media
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #282: Feb 13, 2008 05:17:33 am
      I've never seen our fans so fickle, too many influenced by the sh*te media

LFC.tv is that-a way!

Thats where the base of fans influenced by media are. Good point red1.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #283: Feb 13, 2008 07:41:31 am
      Yes good point Don I would not be at all surprised if he went to Barca and took Xabi with him. I think that would be a great loss in player and manager. Did anybody manage to read Kevin Keegan's comments I cant remember which site it was where he mentioned the dominance and the monopoly created by the big four. He included us in this list but when you look at the annual turnover of Mancs Chelsea and Arsenal we ourselves are a way behind. In saying that it is a bit harsh to compare what Ferguson, Mourinho and Wenger have done, they have had the buying power in comparison to Benitez.
      The sad thing if RAFA was to leave is it would not only be Alonso who would follow him ,we could lose 4 or 5 players and that would start the vicious circle going again while a new manager trys to get established at Anfield.It is about time fans appreciated what RAFA has done for this club and whats more he has never lost his dignity doing a difficult job.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #284: Feb 13, 2008 08:42:53 am
      Why don't the Anti-Rafa people back their opinions up and hold a demonstration with Banners of "Rafa Out" outside the ground like the Pro-Rafa fans did with their Keep Rafa banners ???

Nah, I don't even think even they are that stupid.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #285: Feb 13, 2008 10:20:52 am
      Why don't the Anti-Rafa people back their opinions up and hold a demonstration with Banners of "Rafa Out" outside the ground like the Pro-Rafa fans did with their Keep Rafa banners ???

Nah, I don't even think even they are that stupid.

Because there isn't a life insurance policy on earth that would protect against such madness.

I R W T
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #286: Feb 13, 2008 04:44:16 pm
      wake up and smell the coffee,under Benitez we are going nowhere,it is unacceptable for Liverpool football club to be struggling for 4th place.according to some on here we should be happy to be fourth rate,well i am not happy with that.we were bad before this all blew up about the yanks,and dont forget who started it,and he is at it again in the sunday papers,is he looking for a way out?i hope so
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #287: Feb 13, 2008 04:51:57 pm
      Who has said they're happy with fourth place? I can't recall a single person saying that, but some people have questioned our right to finish any higher right now, and I agree with them. The press have whipped up this storm around the club, but unfortunately some of our own are thick enough to believe it all.
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #288: Feb 16, 2008 05:21:56 pm
      A home cup defeat to Barnsley,just the latest in a long litany of disastrous results,please do this great club a favour Rafa and go,before your stubborness and bad signings drag us down any further.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #289: Feb 16, 2008 05:29:12 pm
      A home cup defeat to Barnsley,just the latest in a long litany of disastrous results,please do this great club a favour Rafa and go,before your stubborness and bad signings drag us down any further.

Bad signings?

Elaborate please because I'm f*cking stuck......
      Fowler_ynwa
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #290: Feb 16, 2008 05:34:39 pm
      Rafa's the man
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #291: Feb 16, 2008 05:59:21 pm
      Just remember the buck stops at Rafa.  With the posisiton were in and losing to Barnsley questions have to be asked. 

What's he going to do about this?

He and all of us should stop blaming the Yanks, and get on with the job in hand.  Arsenal have shown that you don't need to spend £20+ Mil on each position to compete.  Just play as a team
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #292: Feb 16, 2008 06:16:12 pm
      CRK bad signings; Mark Gonzales, Antoni Nunez, Craig Bellamy, Fabio aurelio to name  a few. And Wenger is down 3-0 at half time!
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #293: Feb 16, 2008 06:19:34 pm
      Exactly mate, well said - I hope it doesn't happen for a long time... but the man could walk, which has never been raised properly here... and the Spanish national side, Barcelona and Atletico de Madrid jobs will probably become vacant in the summer.... Real Madrid doesn't look likely on current team form though! (7-0 win at the weekend, awesome footy... which I hate to say as I have a soft spot for Atletico).

Hello mate - friends?

Just wanted to know if you've changed your view now on us winning the FA CUP and CL this season - think you said 'MARK MY WORDS'.

Not trying to wind-you-up, promise!
      Fowler_ynwa
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #294: Feb 16, 2008 06:26:11 pm
      Nunez was essentially free as was Aurelio, and I can't blame Rafa for paying 6m for a striker with pace who'd scored more than 15 prem goals the previous season. Nor do I blame him for buying Kuyt who had a great record in Holland. Gonzalez was a disappointment but not an expensive one.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #295: Feb 16, 2008 06:27:54 pm

I see your e-mail address says you're name is Jim778, is this you?

CLICK ME

:D :D :D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #296: Feb 16, 2008 06:31:16 pm
      Eddie youre quite the genius on this forum. How the F**k do i recover from this shock?????
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #297: Feb 16, 2008 06:31:48 pm
      I've been following the LFC official website for a while and they're getting a lot of ferocious reactions from the fans on Rafa for a while. Quite similar to that towards the end of Houllier's reign. I'm afraid it could be too late for Rafa to save himself.   
      MsGerrard
      Reply #298: Feb 16, 2008 06:36:18 pm
      I see your e-mail address says you're name is Jim778, is this you?

CLICK ME

:D :D :D

Brilliant Eddie.........You are the only one to have brought a smile to my face this evening :)

Quick Reply