Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Match Thread Liverpool V Barnsley FA Cup

Read 11461 times
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Re: Match Thread Liverpool V Barnsley FA Cup
      Reply #138: Feb 16, 2008 05:43:13 pm
      We need to have less >:( :f_wah: and more :aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:, we can bounce back, sure we all feel dead and sh*t inside but supporting the club moves it forward.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #139: Feb 16, 2008 05:43:51 pm
      Stop arguing people, We lost its over we need to get over it and move on we cant change the result it happened and we have to grin and bare it. As fans we have every right to be angry but we cant dwell on it we have a big game on tuesday.
      « Last Edit: Feb 16, 2008 05:47:15 pm by lil cisse »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #140: Feb 16, 2008 05:44:25 pm
      F**k off u pr**k. your 1 of them ppl where no1 is allowed 2 express theyr views. GROW UP SON

Is that the wind I hear?

::)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #141: Feb 16, 2008 05:44:36 pm
      We seriously need to address this issue of chances wasted. The keeper played well but as Boot has put it, any other Premiership side (barring Derby of course) would have f*cking wellied them today.

I am not going to lay the blame entirely on Rafa, as the players were out there on the pitch and doing their jobs but just not getting the job finished.

It's a sad state of affairs. I'm too gutted to even think straight about it, but it's finished now. The Champions League is our only hope of salvaging something from this train wreck of a season.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #142: Feb 16, 2008 05:45:45 pm
      PaulRobbo.  We seem to say this every season.  I think we are further behind the top 3 this season than we were before!

I know I realise that mate. But what I'm trying to say is lets just concentrate on getting fourth this season. Barre the CL we can't hope for much more. And we'll look at our situation in the summer.

I know what you're saying though.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #143: Feb 16, 2008 05:46:47 pm
      Barnsley taught us how to defend and score goals today. Simply said. Rafa will have to overhaul his attacking force. Imagine Hyppia have to come forward and try to score, poor thing, doesn't that tells Rafa something? Too many dead woods hanging around. Just wonder what is he thinking when he replaced Babel when Babel was clearly playing well and replaced with an inferior Kewell. he has got his tactics all confused. I believe he has lost the plot long time ago, starting with the Reading game and he has not recovered since then. Simply shell shock.

The following players will have to go comes the end of the season  :-

Kewell  : too slow and too predictable and he's useless if not near the edge of the box
      JAR  :  too slow and too lightweight as a defender and seems to have lost his shooting boots
      Kuyt  :  too slow and can't even score from 3 yards.
      Finnan  :  past his best
      Benayoun  :  played too casually and not a 90 minutes player and tend to be missing halfway through a game
      Lucas  :  too lighweight, too slow and not as competitive as Masch.
      Crouch  :  he simply can't shoot
      Xabi  :  Too lighweight and too slow for the EPL.

Average 6 mil GBP per player we get 48 GBP. Time to rebuild from scratch.

Hold on, you can't be serious with these players, Benayoun, no way not selling him, Crouch are you kidding haven't you just heard our little debate of Crouch.
      pool07
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #144: Feb 16, 2008 05:50:33 pm
      What I'm getting at is, making 4th place will be positive looking at our situation at the moment. Then we can look to rebuild in the summer (yes I know we've been saying this for a few seasons) but given the state the club is in at the moment you must understand what I mean.

I hate being negative, so I'm trying to be positive.

Or should I just F**k off?

Fair enough, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to be in anyway positive about the club at the moment. The results, the constant sh*te going on with the owenership of the club, team selection, the style of play etc......this season has been a very difficult one. I'm just not so sure rebuilding is going to make any difference with the current manager......it's not like he hasn't bought the majority of the current players that have been playing so badly over the last 4 to 5 months......I really don't know what the answer is but staying positive quite hard after looking at that crap today.....
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #145: Feb 16, 2008 05:50:54 pm
      Bring back pako!!

When will Rafa Learn

I remember reading that Gerrard does not have the same relationship with Rafa than he did with Houllier.  Rafa does not bond or build them up, but just comes out with tactical ideas. 

This I believe is the problem, the players need a Manager/Assistant manager with a friendly face.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #146: Feb 16, 2008 05:53:52 pm
      Lost for words really. We should not be getting knocked out by teams like that - nevermind being able to play well against them.

This is unacceptable and can not be allowed to go on for much longer.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #147: Feb 16, 2008 05:55:07 pm
      Bring back pako!!

When will Rafa Learn

I remember reading that Gerrard does not have the same relationship with Rafa than he did with Houllier.  Rafa does not bond or build them up, but just comes out with tactical ideas. 

This I believe is the problem, the players need a Manager/Assistant manager with a friendly face.

Pako has gone and wont be coming back so need to stop saying we need him back, it was ages ago now and the team should have moved on. As for gerrard not having the same relationship as with houllier that is because houllier is the won that gave him his chance, turned him into the player he is now and made him captain. He was like a father to him and owen
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #148: Feb 16, 2008 05:55:41 pm
      Bring back pako!!

When will Rafa Learn

We need a scouse face in there mate.  A lot of people would probably disagree with me if I said Phil Thompson...
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #149: Feb 16, 2008 05:56:43 pm
      Raffa will get it right and after reading comments on the game it sounds like they had a keeper who won it for them so lets give credit where it's due and put it down to just one of those games.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #150: Feb 16, 2008 05:58:32 pm
      We need a scouse face in there mate.  A lot of people would probably disagree with me if I said Phil Thompson...

I wouldnt disagree. I have said many times that I would love him to come back but I cant see it happening
      pool07
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #151: Feb 16, 2008 05:58:55 pm
      Raffa will get it right and after reading comments on the game it sounds like they had a keeper who won it for them so lets give credit where it's due and put it down to just one of those games.

Are you serious? That would be fair enough if it was "just one of those games"......it's been happening all season.....
      There keeper played well, but in fairness how many chances do you want to win a game Dirk?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #152: Feb 16, 2008 06:00:40 pm
      Have you noticed they dont let Phil Thompson commentate on the liverpool games on sky sports news anymore. I love it when the other pundits are gloating and are all smug about liverpool not performing because he puts them right in there place
      niki*****
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #153: Feb 16, 2008 06:01:55 pm
      TERRIBLE TERRIBLE heart breaking result today!! :f_steam:
      GUTTED!

i agree with some of the points made about rafa and as much as we love him maybe its time for a change and i never thought id say that. but look at spurs none of the fans wanted jol gone and now there flyin under ramos and noone looks back. its hard to admit and yes maybe hes not all to blame and there is other things goin on but something needs to be done and fast we have THE BEST TEAM (players) IN THE PREMIERSHIP and were loosing to the likes of BARNSLEY.
      Maybe he has takin us as far as he can?

i just dont think all his decisions have been mistakes so how can he take all the blame there must be something else goin on out there ????

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #154: Feb 16, 2008 06:02:00 pm
      Hey Bartman seriously F**k off man. "the keeper played well" its a fuking ferrarri up against a hyundai there is no excuses for that sh*t. But hey RA RA we have all these great players for  the "future" in the form of Lucas, yes man can kill a game off. Wake up to your F***ing self!
      pool07
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #155: Feb 16, 2008 06:04:09 pm
      I'm angry.....very angry....

To add to the anger, I'm watching scum dismantle the arse here....
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #156: Feb 16, 2008 06:04:29 pm
      Fair enough, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to be in anyway positive about the club at the moment. The results, the constant sh*te going on with the owenership of the club, team selection, the style of play etc......this season has been a very difficult one. I'm just not so sure rebuilding is going to make any difference with the current manager......it's not like he hasn't bought the majority of the current players that have been playing so badly over the last 4 to 5 months......I really don't know what the answer is but staying positive quite hard after looking at that crap today.....

I know what you mean. I wasn't aiming the 'negative posters' thing at anyone in particular btw. I'm not having a go at you or anything it's just I'd rather stay positive as if I go negative I tend to get really pissed off :D
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #157: Feb 16, 2008 06:06:11 pm

I wouldn't , I'll Back you on that one , he's another one with his heart on his sleeve !
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #158: Feb 16, 2008 06:07:15 pm
      I know what you mean. I wasn't aiming the 'negative posters' thing at anyone in particular btw. I'm not having a go at you or anything it's just I'd rather stay positive as if I go negative I tend to get really pissed off :D

Paul - isn't that why we love football though - the ups and downs - the rollercoaster ride and all that (very patronising of me I know) - and when you have a bad game - you moan about it and let off steam.  You don't hide behind falseness!
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #159: Feb 16, 2008 06:09:35 pm
      Paul - isn't that why we love football though - the ups and downs - the rollercoaster ride and all that (very patronising of me I know) - and when you have a bad game - you moan about it and let off steam.  You don't hide behind falseness!

I suppose your right there yeh. I generally just get hammered and moan about it to my dog though :D
      pool07
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #160: Feb 16, 2008 06:10:31 pm
      I suppose your right there yeh. I generally just get hammered and moan about it to my dog though :D
      :)

Quick Reply