Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Match Thread Liverpool V Barnsley FA Cup

Read 11458 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Match Thread Liverpool V Barnsley FA Cup
      Reply #161: Feb 16, 2008 06:12:26 pm
      Hold on, you can't be serious with these players, Benayoun, no way not selling him, Crouch are you kidding haven't you just heard our little debate of Crouch.
      Benayoun? I'll change my mind unless he commits himself for the full 90 minutes. Crouch, someone said he's another Milan Baros and I fully concur. We can't put the full burden on Torres, he'll burn out in no time.

We have the backbone of the team in Gerrard, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Masch. Torres, Babel and Reina but the rest will have to go. We simply need to bite the bullet and start to re-build but we can't wait too long as Gerrard and Carragher is getting older by the day.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #162: Feb 16, 2008 07:09:39 pm
      Missed the match! how in the world did we lose to Barnsley?  :f_steam:   :o We're out of the FA Cup?!!!   :o
      Hysén007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #163: Feb 16, 2008 07:23:01 pm
      you didn´t miss anything...
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #164: Feb 16, 2008 07:24:21 pm
      Missed the game but this is CRAP!!!
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #165: Feb 16, 2008 07:26:50 pm
      yeah bring back phil thompson
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #166: Feb 16, 2008 07:59:14 pm
      Time to cheer up everyone.  We were got further than any Merseyside club this season!

FA Cup 3rd Round: Everton 0 - 1 Oldham
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsM_imu1frQ

FA Cup 3rd Round REPLAY: Hereford 1 - 0 Tranmere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TO8nUtRais

They got F**k all on us.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #167: Feb 16, 2008 08:03:05 pm
      One word.................... .

GUTTED!

We have to go all guns blazing now for the champions league!
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #168: Feb 16, 2008 08:07:56 pm
      I think the team slump downhill this season has coincided with the departure of Paco. Maybe we need an assistant.

However I am personally disappointed with some supporters views. I think we are LIVERPOOL fans and we need to have a more mature view. Flashback! Liverpool out of the FA cup at a lowly side. 5th in the league. European Champions.

Now I'm not defending Rafa. But what if we win the Champions league again this season? What will be your thoughts then.

I am waiting for the last game of this season to be over to start assessing the team this season. I think thats the most sensible thing to do. I've been watching football for 16years now. I've watched each liverpool match. I agree that we are really playin S***e at the moment. But I think and thats my personal view, that for my club, my adored LIVERPOOL, the best thing we should do is support the team. through good and bad. At the end of the season, when there is nothing left to play for, we can make our judgement.

But for now I am behind my team. For I love Liverpool Football Club. Inter Milan is next and I trust us to give hell to them.

You will never walk alone. Ever.................... ..
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #169: Feb 16, 2008 08:19:34 pm
      Why do I feel as if some people are posting in this thread like it is the end of the world?

:dunce2:
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #170: Feb 16, 2008 08:21:07 pm
      Why do I feel as if some people are posting in this thread like it is the end of the world?

:dunce2:

Mate, im so upset, i just cant see what we are going to win this year, i had high hopes for us this year as did many of us, but we have been poor! I love this club and i get envious when you watch the Scum and others destroy teams!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #171: Feb 16, 2008 08:24:11 pm
      I know.  But a lot of people are feeling very suicidal tonight! :o

All I can say is, review my post up there with the youtube vids.  Sit back relax.  Forget about this cup run.

& then think about Tuesday.

Positivity is the key.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #172: Feb 16, 2008 08:26:06 pm
      Thanks for the gesture and point taken Dadorious but occasionally a Ferrari wont function well but the Hyundai will run all day and although the ball if hit a few inches to the left or right means goal you get days where the lucks not with you and without their keeper we would have been out of sight....
      ParadiseIsAnfield
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #173: Feb 16, 2008 08:38:46 pm
      ParadiseIsAnfield
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #174: Feb 16, 2008 08:47:54 pm
      Does anybody here think that we are the most supported team in Spain, behind their clubs. We have a massive spanish connection, spanish players, staff etc and undoubtebly loads of Spanish fans.

Does anybody think we are the most supported team in Spain?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #175: Feb 16, 2008 08:53:26 pm
      I haven't seen the match yet, so I can't really comment on how poor we were, or how good /lucky? they were :-\

But having read all 6 pages of posts, I can only conclude that we threw everything at them and did everything but score, obviously apart from Kuyt's goal, which I think even I could have scored that, I'm pleased for him that he scored though, deserves it for all his hard work work over the last few weeks.  :)

I can't believe that their keeper played an absolute blinder, what is it with goalies doing so well at Anfield, they seem to grow into 10 feet giants when they play at Anfield and stop almost everything,

Did he really only join Barnsley on loan a few days ago, and didn't even know the names of his back four........un f***in' believable :'(

I bet Rafa wishes he'd have had Torres on the bench now, he would have stuck some of those chances away, but isn't it a sorry state of affairs to be in, when a top club like Liverpool has to rely on just one decent striker, and like with today when the star man is missing, whose there to take his place ?  No - one good enough that's for sure.  :'(

So heaps of pressure now for Tuesday, this game will go one of two ways, either the players will be so pissed off after what's happened today, and go all out and batter Inter Milan into oblivion or they will be so down and not able to raise there game, but that's Rafa's job to psyche the players up for Tuesday and get the best out of them.

This is where he needs a right hand man, Rafa, I'm afraid you are a stubborn b***ard, and you need a good slap sometimes, if I was Montse, I'd sort you out.  :o

I hope I'm wrong but if we don't get the desired result on Tuesday and the subsequent passage into the next round. I fear for Rafa's job.

We will wait and see  :-\

Still love you all though, and will never stop supporting the mighty REDS  :scarf:

Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #176: Feb 16, 2008 09:28:20 pm
      I saw the match.

We weren't that poor guys. Luke Steele had an invisible forcefield round the goal ;D.....

Tho honestly when they got the equaliser we were playing way too many balls over the top and it obviously weren't working.

It depends how you see it. I see it as a good defensive display by Barnsley who didnt let the heads drop, not neccessarily a bad day for us.
      Hysén007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #177: Feb 16, 2008 09:58:43 pm
      I´m just scared of Rafa´s future too if we don´t get a good result on tuesday, I t will be a disaster if he leaves.
      Being from sweden I just know what Ibra could do to a defense without confidens.
      They better shape up a lot!!
      Hopefully Masch will take care of him a little!
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #178: Feb 16, 2008 10:15:30 pm
      Just got back from the match, and before anyone says anything we werent that poor, we in fact made some decent chances and outplayed them for all of the game, yet again we had a million chances and could not put them away, they had 2 chances and took them both albeit the last one in the last second of the game is the luckiest I have ever seen. I devatstated but you win some you lose some we have to get up role up our sleeves and get the job done on Inter Milan, I hope we can I pray we can. But right now I feel as bad as the Burnley game from 2k5 and we all know what happend that year.
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #179: Feb 16, 2008 10:25:16 pm
      lets think about the game on tuesday now!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #180: Feb 16, 2008 10:28:34 pm
      What a disaster. Never thought we'd lose today but the recent results have just not been good enough. Apart from out playing the chavs, we haven't performed to our full potential for months now. Say what you will about Rafa and his rotation and strange team selections, when we do have our 'strongest team' out, we still under achieve. Having taken on board all the previous posts, it seems that the underlying current is that Rafa is failing to motivate the players and the whole squad is disillusioned. It is now evident that our season could be over come Tuesday night. There are certain players we have who I don't think are of a good enough quality for L.F.C. and I know there are lot's of you with similar and different views on certain players. Whatever the verdict on individuals, we are just not doing it collectively. There always seems to be someone or something else to blame but we have not been serious contenders for the prem, ever. Why are we still looking to blame other parties, we are just not good enough and never will be again if we continue to buy second rate players who think arriving at Anfield in the nemesis of their career. For fucks sake, we want players to come to Anfield with fire in their belly believing the hard work is just about to begin. We seem to attract the posers and not the grafters.  As was said earlier, we have the nucleus in Riena, Carragher, Gerrard, Masherano, Agger,  Torres and now hopefully Skrtel. The rest are like fringe players or squad players. Some a bit young, some a bit light weight. We need more serious aggression in the side and soon before we become a regular mid table team. If that means Rafa has to go then so be it. We need week to week winners, not occasional winners. I'll never stop supporting Liverpool, I have for over 50 years now, and my sons have followed suit but I think with all the business going on behind closed doors with the Yanks and the current run of results, and it breaks my heart to say this, but the club is now in as big a mess as I can ever remember. It needs sorting before it is too late. Y.N.W.A :( :( >:( >:(
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #181: Feb 16, 2008 10:56:54 pm
      This is a big low on confidence but the only way to get the morale and confidence back up is to support Liverpool, what were you thinking when we were 3-0 down againest AC Milan, was it that Rafa is getting flogged in this final and will get sacked after this match...Think about it we are only at half time, we can get up, bounce back and start again like the start of the season. It isn't over, if your a red through and through you'll be hurt inside no doubt, but you'll believe in Liverpool, it is hardly over! C'mon reds!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #182: Feb 16, 2008 11:09:40 pm
      Just watched the highlights on MOTD and it looked like we played quite well and created a lot of good chances to finish the game off. Going by what I saw Alonso, Benayoun and Kuyt had good games and were at the centre of most of our attacking play. Good to see Dirk getting a goal, although he should have had another late on. Their keeper had a blinder and we lost to a late goal from a poor bit of defending, and while I'm not saying this is acceptable it's not as bad as some on here would lead you to believe.

As Rafa said in his interview this was another game where we should have killed the game off but it didn't happen which has been the case in many games this season. This has been down to two main reasons for me. We either create lots of chances like today and don't put them away, or we can't create enough chances due to teams being very defensive and us not having the extra creativity to break them down. I don't blame Rafa for this as he has still not got the proper funds to buy the type of players to solve these problems. I only hope in the summer we buy the attacking midfielders and strikers to really stengthen the team for next season.

It's not all doom and gloom as we now have Tuesday to look forward to and I have a good feeling about the European Cup this season. Let's keep our heads up and get behind the lads for this game!! YNWA
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #183: Feb 17, 2008 12:13:15 am
      Once again it was the players who let us down,It was not RAFA who missed chance after chance.The one reservation I do have is why did RAFA not play our strongest team,I thinking he has got to stop being a nursemaid to some of our players and let them get on with the job of winning games for us.I know people reckon the game is a lot quicker today than 30 or 40 years ago but I reckon the players were a lot harder in those days.Ask people who came up against the likes of Tommy Smith,Norman Hunter, Billy Bremner ,and Bomber Harris,and see if opposing playersthought they were soft I think I know what their answer would be.Yes I am disappointed with the inept display by players who should of been able to win this game comfortably.

Quick Reply