Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Our players and manager - So Professional

Read 3670 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Our players and manager - So Professional
      Apr 12, 2008 12:59:41 pm
      With everything that's happening off the pitch, it doesn't seem to effect the manager or the players at all. It all seems like it's actually happening at a different club because when you see us in the semi finals of the Champions League you think disaster? What disaster!

The players and manager only act like they've got one problem, and that is to get into the final of the Champions League and win it.

With everything bad happening off the pitch, on the pitch we should be gratefull. Knocking out Inter and Arsenal on the way, I just hope our players can keep their heads up high despite all this crap happening off the pitch.

I feel that the storm will pass, and next season we'll be superior to the team we are today!
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2008 01:26:21 pm by JD, Reason: Title Spelling »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Our players and manager - So Professional
      Reply #1: Apr 12, 2008 01:56:53 pm
      I hope the storm will pass too, I just hope the team can lift themselves for tomorrows game. If I remember Hicks did the same stunt after we KO Inter, calling all dealings with DIC off, and we struggled against Reading and, well the less said the better about the following game. I just hope they can ignore all this farce, and get a good result against Blackburn.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #2: Apr 12, 2008 02:05:39 pm
      Don't be so sure the storm will pass if Rafa cannot get the appropriate funds for summer signings and is restricted to dodgy frees or 2nd or 3rd choices (1st choices obviously going to Chavski, Manure or the Arse instead).

I don't think people appreciate how difficult Rafa's job has actually become, it's become almost IMPOSSIBLE.

I.R.W.T.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #3: Apr 12, 2008 02:15:25 pm
      Ironic how a couple of months ago Benitez's position was the most wobbly - now he looks like the rock and all 6 board members look like they may go before him.

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #4: Apr 12, 2008 02:25:19 pm
      Ironic how a couple of months ago Benitez's position was the most wobbly - now he looks like the rock and all 6 board members look like they may go before him.

Too true... but the rock of them all is FAN POWER.

In any business ...Customer is king. Every time.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5: Apr 12, 2008 02:33:03 pm
      ive been telling people I drink with and work with for ages that Rafa is the man end of. And you name me any other manager who would not have crumbled under all this crap or would not have walked away. We have the best manager in the business I know I think most on here know it and the players know it

If only our owners had an ounce of Rafas professionalism the club would be unstoppable 
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: Apr 12, 2008 02:33:14 pm
      I think after initially being pissed off with the problems at boardroom level Rafa has now used it to his advantage to build a siege mentality amongst the squad. I've noticed recently if a player's asked a question about our off the pitch problems they just brush it aside, whereas before they seemed a lot mor willing to talk about it. One of Rafa's mantras has always been don't worry about the stuff you can't change, just focus on what you can change. It seems this philosophy has been passed on to the players and coaches, and they are just focusing on their football now.

Having said that, Rafa might be ignoring the problems for now but if they haven't been resolved by the beginning of the transfer window I'd guarantee it all kicks off again between him & the owners. Here's hoping for a speedy conclusion to all this drama.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #7: Apr 12, 2008 02:39:13 pm
      ive been telling people I drink with and work with for ages that Rafa is the man end of. And you name me any other manager who would not have crumbled under all this crap or would not have walked away. We have the best manager in the business I know I think most on here know it and the players know it

If only our owners had an ounce of Rafas professionalism the club would be unstoppable 

And one thing is for sure, Rafa is a man under pressure, poor bloke has put a load of weight on... sure sign of mega-stress.

And to think Juande Ramos earns a lot more than Rafa... farcical.

I am a massive fan of Rafa, not that you've noticed, primarily (and in almost an ultra fashion at the moment) because he is the glimmer of hope we have at the club... along with the talented reserve team HE has constructed... which will be a massive reason for him hanging around (with loads of offers of BIGGER clubs arriving at his agent's door, week in, week out).

I really want DIC to come in, sort it all out, start our new stadium and make considerable funds available....only one thing in the way now... Hicks ego and pride (don't forget the Jr Hicks spitting episode, we are all paying dear for that...right now!)

I.R.W.T.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #8: Apr 12, 2008 02:40:46 pm
      I think after initially being pissed off with the problems at boardroom level Rafa has now used it to his advantage to build a siege mentality amongst the squad. I've noticed recently if a player's asked a question about our off the pitch problems they just brush it aside, whereas before they seemed a lot mor willing to talk about it. One of Rafa's mantras has always been don't worry about the stuff you can't change, just focus on what you can change. It seems this philosophy has been passed on to the players and coaches, and they are just focusing on their football now.

Having said that, Rafa might be ignoring the problems for now but if they haven't been resolved by the beginning of the transfer window I'd guarantee it all kicks off again between him & the owners. Here's hoping for a speedy conclusion to all this drama.

Eddie that may be true from here to the end of the season.

But if faced with 2nd and 3rd options in the transfer market AGAIN... I would fear the worse. Lucky those that those reserves he has assembled must be a massive emotional pull on the man staying on.

I.R.W.T. (to not do anything rash)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Apr 12, 2008 02:44:46 pm

Absolutely. That will be a vital time in the ridiculous situation we've found ourselves in. There has to be some sort of resolve before the end of the season, otherwise things could get a lot worse than they already are. Hopefully some ounce of professionalism can spread up to the farce of a board. I'm not getting my hopes up too much though.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #10: Apr 12, 2008 02:48:31 pm
      Absolutely. That will be a vital time in the ridiculous situation we've found ourselves in. There has to be some sort of resolve before the end of the season, otherwise things could get a lot worse than they already are. Hopefully some ounce of professionalism can spread up to the farce of a board. I'm not getting my hopes up too much though.

It's crazy but it might even be good (for the long term future of the club) to not prolong this hell all the way to May 21st...

So Sad but So True I fear... as Hicks would ask for more, waiting and holding out to see if we become European Champions again.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Apr 12, 2008 02:51:48 pm
      Yeah, European success could possibly be making things a little worse for us, you're right. I was saying that to my dad last night. But the number six would be part of us forever. Thankfully and hopefully very soon, Hicks, Gillette, Parry etc. wont be.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #12: Apr 12, 2008 02:55:14 pm
      I'm starting to think that Hicks is wanting us to be knocked out of the Champions League, just so he could give a good reason to sack Rafa.

But again he probably asked Parry to resign, simply because he saw him sitting next to Gillette in the Arsenal game at Anfield.

Whatever happens, I feel that the team will only concentrate on one thing and that is sucsess on the pitch!

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/04/12/rafa-benitez-tells-liverpool-players-forget-the-circus-off-the-pitch-64375-20755570/
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #13: Apr 12, 2008 03:06:33 pm
      Our players and manager have been profesional throughout all this mayhem and it's a pity those at board room level are acting so churlishly or at least one man in particular. My fear is like some have mentioned and that it will carry on with both parties sitting at different tables and refusing to talk then the loser will be our manager and club.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #14: Apr 12, 2008 03:53:19 pm
      Agreed, rafa has had to deal with soo many questions time and time again, and has deflected them brilliantly, as have gerrard and carra so well done to them and the rest of the team to be able to stay focused and continue to churn out results when we need them
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #15: Apr 12, 2008 05:20:51 pm
      Its going to be a interesting summer at Anfield i just hope our good name isnt draged through the mud to much and matters can be resolved,then we can get to pushing for the title next season.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #16: Apr 12, 2008 07:53:49 pm
      I'm starting to think that Hicks is wanting us to be knocked out of the Champions League, just so he could give a good reason to sack Rafa.

But again he probably asked Parry to resign, simply because he saw him sitting next to Gillette in the Arsenal game at Anfield.

Whatever happens, I feel that the team will only concentrate on one thing and that is sucsess on the pitch!

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/04/12/rafa-benitez-tells-liverpool-players-forget-the-circus-off-the-pitch-64375-20755570/

Quite the opposite, he wants us to win it. He's all about the profit.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #17: Apr 13, 2008 01:34:35 am
      Yeah, European success could possibly be making things a little worse for us, you're right.

So here's my question:

Kings of Europe for the sixth time, or Hicks to leave - which should we be going for?

I know "both" would be the best answer, but it's not looking likely right now. This has pissed me right off, and I'm hoping these fat Yanks end it soon. I'm starting to fear the worst for Rafa too, and it would be absolute hell for us if we lose a brilliant manager such as him.
      « Last Edit: Apr 13, 2008 01:37:48 am by Reslivo »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #18: Apr 13, 2008 04:33:13 am
      So here's my question:

Kings of Europe for the sixth time, or Hicks to leave - which should we be going for?

Maybe you should have quoted all of my post mate.

Yeah, European success could possibly be making things a little worse for us, you're right. I was saying that to my dad last night. But the number six would be part of us forever. Thankfully and hopefully very soon, Hicks, Gillette, Parry etc. wont be.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #19: Apr 13, 2008 12:28:27 pm
      Quite the opposite, he wants us to win it. He's all about the profit.

This is Tom Hicks we’re talking about. Tom Hicks does not care about building a winning organization.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #20: Apr 13, 2008 12:34:46 pm
      This is Tom Hicks we’re talking about. Tom Hicks does not care about building a winning organization.

Well he cares about the cash that comes out of a winning organisation thats for sure
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #21: Apr 13, 2008 01:06:58 pm
      Well he cares about the cash that comes out of a winning organisation thats for sure

As long as he's making money, he doesn't care. He won't build us into a winning organisation I don't know why many won't realise that!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #22: Apr 13, 2008 02:35:23 pm
      Who exactly hasn't realised that Ra Ra Rafa? I think every last one of us knows he is only in it for the money, to suggest many aren't aware of that is just silly.

Quick Reply