Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Robbie Keane (Spurs)

Read 45175 times
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Re: Robbie Keane (Spurs)
      Reply #69: Jul 02, 2008 07:22:20 am
      I think next season's champions League is serious business. If they insist on the  8 english players including subs, there will be problems for the Premiership teams. Better safe than sorry.
      That can't happen no matter what Blatter is spouting!
      It flies in the face of the European treaty and would be subject to an immediate legal challenge, and Blatter knows it
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #70: Jul 02, 2008 08:53:44 am
      I cant even name 8 great english football players...............Ge rrard-ummmmmm-thats about it
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #71: Jul 02, 2008 08:54:26 am
      O sorry Carragher to-pitty he never gets to play
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #72: Jul 02, 2008 09:09:30 am
      Talk of this has escalated the past few days!

I've always admired Keane as a player. My mate mentioned earlier that he is a Liverpool fan as well! Aren't they all? ::) ;)

The bookies have got it about 4-7 that he joins us over the summer. They're usually not far off with their estimations :D
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #73: Jul 02, 2008 09:56:23 am
      yeah Keane is a great player and with Torres doing so well last season they are going to be like white on rice with Torres probably putting two defenders on him closing him down which will give Keane and Stevie G, the opportunity to score, then the defenders will not know what to do with them selves. crouch is obviously not in the plans of Rafa so why not let him go and Keane in.
      streety893
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -3 
      • Theres always hope in our hearts
      Reply #74: Jul 02, 2008 10:03:27 am
      I'm a little miffed that robbie hasnt been mentioned as a possible target before now
      clearly a boyhood liverpool fan, clearly a goal scoring machine for both club and country
      has a great engine only 27 hasd a lot still to give
      He ticks all the right boxes for me and should be sought until bought should the deal be right
      i would still like to see crouchy stay and voronin the makeweight in any deal
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #75: Jul 02, 2008 10:13:56 am
      yeah you right veronin has not impressed at all not sure why we bought him, but yeah make him part of the deal but then we will be paying cash across to tot
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #76: Jul 02, 2008 12:09:24 pm
      SSN are reporting that Keane has handed in a transfer reqeust and Spurs are refusing to comment.This has all the signs of Robbie joining us and I personally can't wait.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #77: Jul 02, 2008 12:19:50 pm
      I'm a little miffed that robbie hasnt been mentioned as a possible target before now
      clearly a boyhood liverpool fan, clearly a goal scoring machine for both club and country
      has a great engine only 27 hasd a lot still to give
      He ticks all the right boxes for me and should be sought until bought should the deal be right
      i would still like to see crouchy stay and voronin the makeweight in any deal

I get to see Keane more then most on here as he captains my country. Talented footballer no doubt about it. But Robbie Keane makes runs that suit Robbie Keane. Robbie Keane makes desicions that he thinks are right for Robbie Keane so dont assume that he is the perfect foil for Torres or the perfect player for Liverpool. In my view Crouch is a better foil for Torres.

And also dont forget he was given the opportunity to join his "boyhood heroes" but chose the extra wages on offer at Leeds utd. Good player? yes. right for Liverpool?

Brian78 answered your question earlier in the thread!  ;)
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #78: Jul 02, 2008 12:46:48 pm
      anyone else think this could spell the end for voronin? also, why does rafa not like having gerrard just behind torres? iam all for getting keane as i feel he is a fantastic player, but is rafa expecting another player to build such a good relationship with torres as gerrard did in the second half of last season?
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #79: Jul 02, 2008 01:17:54 pm
      Robbie Keane in the famous number 7 red shirt.

He always had something of the Keegan-esque about him.

arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #80: Jul 02, 2008 01:59:58 pm
      I think Rafa wants to bring in some experienced successful premiership stars from average clubs.

Have a look: Barry who has been consistent in the league
                        and now Keane who has a very good goalscoring record with numerous clubs in this league
      He wants to give top priority to the league over CL next season-hopefully!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #81: Jul 02, 2008 04:51:51 pm
      I was a little bit iffy before i found out keane wasnt in his 30's! i was shocked especially being irish myself i should no, but he's been around for soo long i really thought he was at least 30. But i think he's 27 is he
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #82: Jul 02, 2008 09:19:13 pm
      He'll be 28 in august.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #83: Jul 03, 2008 10:30:58 pm
      A page and a half of this thread had to be split and merged into a more relavent thread in the Kop board.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,8343.0.html

After two different mods asking to stay on topic, it was ignored. Anymore posts - no matter how long they took to type out - that could be posted in a relavent thread elsewhere will be deleted.

Back to Robbie Keane.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #84: Jul 03, 2008 10:36:55 pm
      A page and a half of this thread had to be split and merged into a more relavent thread in the Kop board.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,8343.0.html

After two different mods asking to stay on topic, it was ignored. Anymore posts - no matter how long they took to type out - that could be posted in a relavent thread elsewhere will be deleted.

Back to Robbie Keane.

Touchy  :D

Been thinking about this signing for a few minutes today and I reckon we could do well with the fella, he had a good season with Spurs last year and is getting better as a player at this stage of his career.

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2008 10:42:58 pm by AJ »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #85: Jul 03, 2008 10:38:57 pm

Not touchy at all mate, it's taking the outright piss when you're asked to keep the discussion on topic & just decide to ignore that and carry on regardless.

I've actually just deleted the posts in question by mistake, I'm seriously debating whether I should even bother putting them back. If people can't be fu**ed to listen to a polite request then why should I be fu**ed to take my time putting their posts back?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #86: Jul 03, 2008 11:32:00 pm
      If I'm not wrong, the speculation was Keane for Crouch plus £5M. We've valued Crouch at £15M - thus making a total £20M.

But we're obviously not going to get that price for Crouch. And personally I feel Crouch is more likely to go to Pompey in the region of £10M.
      If that's to go towards Keane and 'if' being the word, then are we willing to add that other £5M on top and put a £15M bid in for Keane?
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #87: Jul 04, 2008 12:12:35 am
      From The Evening Herald (Ireland)

Tottenham have told Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez to forget about bringing Ireland captain Robbie Keane to Anfield

The Tallaght man's future has been in question over the last two weeks since it emerged that Rafa Benitez had earmarked £20m to get hold of Keane, with Peter Crouch moving to White Heart Lane in part exchange.

The notion of Keane who was a Liverpool fan as a kid growing up in Dublin, lining out for the Reds took legs yesterday when Ireland boss Gio Trappatoni gave his tacit approval to the move saying "I would be happy for Robbie" when asked about a possible move to Anfield.

But sources at Tottenham today refuted reports that Keane had handed in a transfer request. It's understood that Keane only returned to London from honeymoon on Monday and reported back for pre season training.

Two factors this week have killed off any hope of Keane joining Liverpool, with Crouch moving in the opposite direction. Firstly, Portsmouth are today preparing to make a stand alone bid of £10m for Crouch and that cash offer may be too lucrative for the reds to turn down. Portsmouth chief exec Peter Storrie has said "Harry Redknapp has made it clear he wants Peter Crouch".

Also Tottenham know that their other strikers Dimitar Berbatov and Darren Bent are unsettled, with Sunderland trying to bring Darren Bent to the Stadium of Light while United are still chasing Bulgarian Berbatov.
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #88: Jul 04, 2008 01:03:10 am
      I think that keane  would be a good asset to the club , a fox in the box is wot we need to play off nando , imo sign him rafa. ynwa. ;)
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #89: Jul 04, 2008 01:18:46 am
      I would like to see him here Court but if pompy do get crouch we couldn't afford him?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #90: Jul 04, 2008 03:44:38 am
      Why do we even need a support striker? Nando plays better up top by himself.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #91: Jul 04, 2008 10:59:27 am
      Why do we even need a support striker? Nando plays better up top by himself.

Yes.........but what do we do if he gets injured, god forbid ::) it's not fair in a way to expect Torres to score all the goals, and he'll probably be even more of a marked man this season, seeing as all the other teams now know just how good he is.

Quick Reply