Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Spurs v Liverpool Match Thread

Read 40968 times
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 608 posts |
      Re: Spurs v Liverpool Match Thread
      Reply #345: Nov 12, 2008 10:41:09 pm
      Make make you feel a little better.
      BURNLEY BEAT CHELSEA 5-4 ON PENALTIES
      Short answer to that would be "Are you kidding? Hell yes!!!"
      Makes our loss look just a tad more 'respectable'.
      That's if you can call what we witnessed this evening respectable...
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #346: Nov 12, 2008 10:42:11 pm
      This game showed the weakness most people knew about, we lack depth. What was really shocking though is how horrible our second choice defensive players actually are. After this game Aurelio can be our left back every game because I though we only had 2 defenders on the field Degen and Dossena were that awful.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #347: Nov 12, 2008 10:42:31 pm
      i cant believe everybody is going crazy.
      alright dossena and degen isnt good enough for a club like liverpool but we need to keep players like lucas and babel, atleast for one more season.
      Even if they dont improve, we would not loose too much money if we decide to sell them. They still are very young. so whats the harm in keeping them for little longer, just to be sure.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #348: Nov 12, 2008 10:43:26 pm

They missed the goal on purpose once they knew we were out the running  ;)
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 608 posts |
      Reply #349: Nov 12, 2008 10:45:34 pm
      They missed the goal on purpose once they knew we were out the running  ;)
      That's a theory! ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #350: Nov 12, 2008 10:46:28 pm

Women always think about things more deeply  ;)

I'd even go as far to say that the Mancs and Arse will be sorry they won last night  ;) :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #351: Nov 12, 2008 10:51:48 pm
      Lucas was sh*te mate, end of. Not even gonna debate that one with you.

Wise move.  They're will be enough knee-jerkers who will be laying the blame at Lucas' door on the phone-in's and in the ale house and I can't be arsed defending a distinctly average player.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #352: Nov 12, 2008 10:52:54 pm

Not great.

Not only have we lost the opportunity of winning a trophy this season - but our closest challengers to the title will also be gaining some nice rest periods - thus wiping out any tiny positivity to come out the game.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #353: Nov 12, 2008 10:53:26 pm
      I'd even go as far to say that the Mancs and Arse will be sorry they won last night  ;) :D

Well I doubt Arsenal, they never put a first team member on the pitch, the Carling Cup for them is the Under 21 Club Cup for them :D
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 608 posts |
      Reply #354: Nov 12, 2008 10:56:38 pm
      I cant believe everybody is going crazy.
      alright dossena and degen isnt good enough for a club like liverpool but we need to keep players like lucas and babel, atleast for one more season.
      Even if they dont improve, we would not loose too much money if we decide to sell them. They still are very young. so whats the harm in keeping them for little longer, just to be sure.
      They could do some short term damage perhaps? (Just a thought)...
      But I am a fan of Ryan Babel. He is quite obviously a huge talent waiting to happen, and thought at the end of last season that we wouldn't be kept waiting too much longer for him to 'arrive'. But doesn't seem to be the case, and he is still on 'slow burn', though I honestly think he will eventually come good. Whether he is still at this club when he does is entirely another matter.
      I for one would be gutted if he took his vast array of skills to another club and put a show on there for all the world to see.
      egyptian magician
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #355: Nov 12, 2008 10:58:13 pm
      Why is everyone, especially Benitez, missing the point here? Ryan Babel is RIGHT footed and is constantly used out of position, on the opposite flank to where he would do most damage. I feel sorry for him. Give him a run on the right for christ's sake. Oh no, sorry, you wont, Rafa, as you are in love with Kuyt.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #356: Nov 12, 2008 10:59:54 pm
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #357: Nov 12, 2008 11:00:58 pm
      ^i wud rather like to see him upfront with nando
      egyptian magician
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #358: Nov 12, 2008 11:03:44 pm
      ^I wud rather like to see him upfront with nando

no, we are crying out for width!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #359: Nov 12, 2008 11:07:25 pm
      northennutta
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts | -2 
      Reply #360: Nov 12, 2008 11:08:22 pm
      i cant believe rafa keeps playin dossena its as if hes tryin to justify his purchase. you can forgive a lb/rb being out of position if we get countered and they where involved in the attack, but he never creates play or moves forward! 90% of his passes tonight wer backwards or short, at times babel was covering for him, no wonder we never got a chance to break at the front.
      i know it wasnt all to do with dossena obv the team didnt gel and we made terrible mistakes at the back. but after alonso was brought on there was a change for the better in lpools play but why couldnt we do that at the beggining?
      whats more with the youngsters i dnt feel rafa gives them enough respect or maybe doesnt concentrate on them enough, arsenal know they dont have the funds to challenge against chelsea and man u and atm neither do we so why not look to the develpoment of our youngsters? our youth team won the fa youth cup 2 seasons back beating arsenals, hell if we had played the lot tonight they couldnt have done worse.

Either way was a bad performance but the fully fit first team squad is lookin strong and if we stay lucky and no1 else gets injured, and skrtle gets back asap we cud still have a very good season!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #361: Nov 12, 2008 11:12:01 pm
      Why is everyone, especially Benitez, missing the point here? Ryan Babel is RIGHT footed and is constantly used out of position, on the opposite flank to where he would do most damage. I feel sorry for him. Give him a run on the right for christ's sake. Oh no, sorry, you wont, Rafa, as you are in love with Kuyt.

He got a run out on the right in the second half and was worse than he was on the left. He still stood still and cut in field.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #362: Nov 12, 2008 11:15:58 pm

babel likes to cut in, so i doubt that he will provide us width on the right, tbh if you want width your vote should go to pennant. Kuyt have done well so far the season on the right
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 608 posts |
      Reply #363: Nov 12, 2008 11:17:20 pm
      I cant believe rafa keeps playin dossena its as if hes tryin to justify his purchase. you can forgive a lb/rb being out of position if we get countered and they where involved in the attack, but he never creates play or moves forward! 90% of his passes tonight wer backwards or short, at times babel was covering for him, no wonder we never got a chance to break at the front.
      I know it wasnt all to do with dossena obv the team didnt gel and we made terrible mistakes at the back. but after alonso was brought on there was a change for the better in lpools play but why couldnt we do that at the beggining?
      whats more with the youngsters I dnt feel rafa gives them enough respect or maybe doesnt concentrate on them enough, arsenal know they dont have the funds to challenge against chelsea and man u and atm neither do we so why not look to the develpoment of our youngsters? our youth team won the fa youth cup 2 seasons back beating arsenals, hell if we had played the lot tonight they couldnt have done worse.

Either way was a bad performance but the fully fit first team squad is lookin strong and if we stay lucky and no1 else gets injured, and skrtle gets back asap we cud still have a very good season!
      Too right!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #364: Nov 12, 2008 11:50:58 pm
      Blimey, I've just read all 23 pages on this, and like everyone else I'm very disappointed with the way we performed tonight, in fact we didn't really perform at all did we?

I missed all the first half (apart from watching it intermittently on a stream) as I didn't realise it was on Sky one, thought it was on Sky two which I haven't got, but I'm actually glad now, that I didn't see such an abysmal performance, I think it was a pretty dire first half.

I'm not going to pick on certain players, they'll know they were crap tonight, hopefully they can only get better, that might be too late for some, not naming any names.

I actually wished that Rafa would have put out all the reserves tonight, at least they are used to playing with each other, instead you had such a mixed bag of players from a World Class  player such as Torres to some binman (no offence to binmen) :o in defence   :(

Just disappointed really, although better to go out now in a way, than to get to the semi's and then go out, at least we can concentrate on the League.

Questions definitely need to be asked though, and it's a worrying propsect if some of our more important first teamers, ie; Reina for instance, have a long term injury, as the cover just isn't there.

Roll on Saturday.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #365: Nov 12, 2008 11:53:30 pm
      Questions definitely need to be asked though, and it's a worrying propsect if some of our more important first teamers, ie; Reina for instance, have a long term injury, as the cover just isn't there.

Subtle way of not namin any names :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #366: Nov 13, 2008 12:12:38 am
      Can I just add a positive from tonight's match before I go to bed.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Big cheers to the travelling Kopites tonight who made the trip South, yous should be proud of yourselves, as yet again the singing was magnificent.

Can you come to Anfield sometime please  :o
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #367: Nov 13, 2008 12:21:41 am
      Can I just add a positive from tonight's match before I go to bed.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Big cheers to the travelling Kopites tonight who made the trip South, yous should be proud of yourselves, as yet again the singing was magnificent.

Can you come to Anfield sometime please  :o

:)

Quick Reply