Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Match Thread Liverpool V West Ham United 1/12/08

Read 45591 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8642 
      Re: Match Thread Liverpool V West Ham United 1/12/08
      Reply #345: Dec 01, 2008 10:47:58 pm
      I've got to say I've given up kicking off over the booing, you end up really looking a c**t in front of some people, that quite frankly don't care.

Wasn't there tonight, but could envisage what was coming at the final whistle.

Aah I remember a time when the reds were only booed when they lost, now even a F***ing draw is seen as a defeat.

RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #346: Dec 01, 2008 10:48:19 pm
      Thats 6 points dropped at home this season against teams we should be beating. Not good enough and will cost if we don't sort it out soon. Some players just aren't good enough to grace the shirt. We all know who they are. Booing your own team is never right but football supporters by their nature seem to be a fickle bunch. I like to think that most Liverpool supporters ain't though. Thought sami and xabi played well tonight and as usual carra and stevie gave there all. 3 points against blackburn is a must now.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #347: Dec 01, 2008 10:49:35 pm
      lols, we really are that bad, arent we?
      I am 23, and every F***ing year i have this feeling that this year we finally gonna nail the 19th, and we F**k it up every time. The truth is that we are not good enough yet, we are capable of winning cups at this points, but we dont have the steam for 19th and that is the bitter truth.

We did well against mancs, ill give u that but the most of the games we have played, luck has been a huge factor. Penalty against pompys, atl madrid. Xabis goal against chelsea, 2 red cards given for fouling xabi and we ended up winning both games.
      dont get me wrong we did play well, but i seriously doubt that we would have won without those red cards.
       I cant speak for everybody but in my case, i was very sceptical at the start of this season like most of us but after the chelsea game i really thought the time has come. and now after watching us today i know that i got fooled again.
       We dont have the squad and the formula to win it yet. We need a upside down change, which can only come with time, so 3-4 more years of waiting imho.
      I am not blaming rafa, or any individuel player. but the team as a whole. The thing is that we love lfc so much that we dont want to see whats really going on.
      btw how the F**k does every keeper have a game of his life at Anfield?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,677 posts | 6973 
      Reply #348: Dec 01, 2008 10:52:01 pm
      lols, we really are that bad, arent we?
      I am 23, and every F***ing year i have this feeling that this year we finally gonna nail the 19th, and we F**k it up every time.

I'm a little bit older than you and am lucky enough to remember the last time we won the title.

Bad news for you fella - you'll be waiting a while longer.
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 608 posts |
      Reply #349: Dec 01, 2008 10:52:58 pm
      On another note. We're all frustrated, but I f**king hated hearing that booing at the final whistle. Loads of people go to Anfield and give you funny looks if you try support your team. But they don't mind raising their voices for a full time booing session.

Was a bit surprised and taken aback by the booing myself, wasn't nice. As disappointed (I know I'm putting it a touch mildly, but starting to calm down just a tad) as all 'Pool fans must be, we must remember that we are better than behavior like that. Lets leave that sort of thing to the teams who frankly aren't worth supporting eh?!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #350: Dec 01, 2008 10:54:03 pm
      You just watch though Kenny - nobody will own up to it - everyone will be on here saying "I'd never Boo"!

Must be that Anfield ghost again.

It's shocking. I was dissapointed with people booing Bellamy, never mind our lads at the end.

Booers should be shot on sight, I don't care.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #351: Dec 01, 2008 10:55:05 pm
      Couldn't belive it when Ngog was brought on. I know Rafa makes some strange decisions but they tend to make sense in the end. This one didn't. I would rather have brought Babel on for Yossi, put Dirk out right and played Babel up with Keane.

But what do I know eh!!

That would have been another option that makes sense mate. Without doubt.

You just watch though Kenny - nobody will own up to it - everyone will be on here saying "I'd never Boo"!

Must be that Anfield ghost again.

More than likely. It must be all that work going on to restore Stanley Park that's drifted the blue sh*te ethic over to Anfield or something mustn't it.

As for the Anfield Ghost, I reckon our Chris would have ghosted in a goal tonight if he was playing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8642 
      Reply #352: Dec 01, 2008 10:55:24 pm
      Okay - Time To f***in Believe

Chelsea are just as bad as us! They've got problems with finishing off teams at Stamford Bridge, even Scolari can't get his big head around it.

It's still a marathon, not a snicker, sorry a sprint!

Heads up and move on - Bring on the Sheepshaggers and that toad Ince - let's sh*t em'
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #353: Dec 01, 2008 10:59:52 pm

:lmao: Reminds me of the quiz in Phoenix Nights! 'We'll sh*t 'em!'

You're right though. Still a long way to go.

But we can't continue to drop points when the chance to go further arises.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #354: Dec 01, 2008 11:00:24 pm
      Ince is nothing but a sunday league manager, blackburn should be a handy 3 points but after tonights debacle I just can't call it...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8642 
      Reply #355: Dec 01, 2008 11:03:08 pm
       :depressed: Well I tried!!

Who did I upset then?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #356: Dec 01, 2008 11:14:08 pm
      I am going to look at the only positive that we are top of the table but god our home form is terrible right now. I am looking forward to see the difference in performance we have against a side of similar talent away from home.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #357: Dec 01, 2008 11:15:16 pm
      :depressed: Well I tried!!

Who did I upset then?

I'll put my hands up and admit it huyton, it was your "pricks,not naming any nationalities" comment on the other thread
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8642 
      Reply #358: Dec 01, 2008 11:17:56 pm
      Fair play - but have you seen some of the stag do types, honestly they're a f***in embarrasment to our support at times.

MsGerrard
      Reply #359: Dec 01, 2008 11:19:03 pm
      What completely and utterly summed up that very frustrating match for me tonight was when Gerrard went to kick the ball and there was nothing there, I've never seen him do that in a match before, and to me that was the story of the night.  Nothing went right.

I have to say that Riera was very poor as was Alonso........N'Gog did nothing...........is this the best we've got, cos god help us if it is. Keane was poor again, and Kuyt looked out of sorts.

A bit of a knee jerk reaction really, I will have probably calmed down by the morning, but I feel very disappointed and frustrated tonight.

I do feel though that Dossena by his standards had a decent game.

Should be happy really, Top of the League, but our performance tonight leaves me feeling a bit bewildered.

Just hope we play better at Blackburn on Saturday.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #360: Dec 01, 2008 11:21:25 pm
      Fair play - but have you seen some of the stag do types, honestly they're a f***in embarrasment to our support at times.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you, just thought the nationality thing was a little out of line
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #361: Dec 01, 2008 11:24:31 pm
      nearly christmas and to be honest i think we are all still waiting to see a real liverpool performance!! home or away, but my god its no longer a scary place for players to go is it? away players must see the 'this is Anfield' sign and think to themselves, 'right give the performance of your life son!! shame that our own players dont seem to hold the same respect as we should and remember that 'this is Anfield'!!!!!! i've not seen a team turn up at Anfield for some time now and look at all scared. in days gone by players actually looked scared on the pitch, now 1/2 of them are looking for their families to say 'hi mum, they havent scored yet!!!!!' it has to change if we are to lift the trophy. 3 at the back tonight would have surficed as i dont think dossena had much to do defensively so we should be taking it to the opposition, forget the respect!!! its them that should respect us!! after all ' THIS IS ANFIELD'
      I am going to look at the only positive that we are top of the table but god our home form is terrible right now. I am looking forward to see the difference in performance we have against a side of similar talent away from home.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,320 posts | 4956 
      Reply #362: Dec 01, 2008 11:27:15 pm
      A bit of a knee jerk reaction really, I will have probably calmed down by the morning, but I feel very disappointed and frustrated tonight.

Should be happy really, Top of the League, but our performance tonight leaves me feeling a bit bewildered.

It's strange MsG. I've never felt so underwhelmed going top of the league. I just hope that we don't have too many more of these poor peformances left this season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8642 
      Reply #363: Dec 01, 2008 11:31:44 pm
      Loved Bellamy's comments at the end, the lad loves us, even if he was taking the piss about the crowd!

Why did we get rid of him, he has a lot more pace than Keane.

For all the face pulling by Keane when he was subbed, he hasn't done that much yet to prove otherwise
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #364: Dec 01, 2008 11:33:54 pm
      none of us are jumping up and down at going top of the league cos i think we all know that to stay there we needed the full 3 points tonight. earlier in this thread i said that we have slipped everytime chelsea have and that we needed to capitalise tonight and frankly we havent. i dont condone the booing at the end but to be fair i can understand it to be honest. we had ANOTHER RARE chance to open up a gap and we let it slip yet again. disappointing to say the least
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,384 posts | 1542 
      Reply #365: Dec 01, 2008 11:34:49 pm
      Blackburn on Sat will dothe same job on us. Sit back and soak it up, try and catch us on the break with one up front. Why would they want to do anything else when its patently obvious, we haven't the class to break them down. Home or away, I think this is what we are going to have to face from everyone below 9th in the table, and as we can't overcome it, our title credencials are well short of the necessary. Keane had another poor game but in fairness the service was diabolocal. If he got 90 mins, he may produce something. Ngog was just as effective as when he came on last time. F***ing crap! What the F**k is he doing at Anfield ? Iv'e seen Sunday league players with more ability to control a ball. Sorry, I think Rafa has lost the plot again. If we go on abnd win No 19. It won't be down to astute management, it will be down to sheer luck.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #366: Dec 01, 2008 11:44:30 pm
      im gonna get more negatives but i dont care, ill tally them up like a "go against the flow medal"

booing, is just letting the manager know what they think of what has happened on the day, its correct, its part of the passion footy fans have,.... i dont agree with booin xplayers though they should be applauded.

but if results happen like tonight, when it should have been a more attacking approach by rafa, then in my humble opinion a boo is fare game
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #367: Dec 01, 2008 11:45:17 pm
      i think to say we will win the title on sheer luck is a bit harsh as we have shown true grit and determination in a few games this season but i do agree that we dont have a killer instinct. we should be sorting these teams out in the 1st half. 85% possesion produced nothing in the 1st half tonight which is nothing to do with luck just poor passing and finishing in the final 1/3 of the pitch. lets be fair we should have won tonight and against stoke and spurs but we havent the fire power without nando to finish these games. even with him in the side we havent produced our best. we have been no where near our best since the off and thats what needs to improve, is killing teams in the way that the scum and chelsea are able to do. a few games i've seen chelsea and scum play and you just knew they would win but with us we never look confident, not all season.
      Blackburn on Sat will dothe same job on us. Sit back and soak it up, try and catch us on the break with one up front. Why would they want to do anything else when its patently obvious, we haven't the class to break them down. Home or away, I think this is what we are going to have to face from everyone below 9th in the table, and as we can't overcome it, our title credencials are well short of the necessary. Keane had another poor game but in fairness the service was diabolocal. If he got 90 mins, he may produce something. Ngog was just as effective as when he came on last time. F***ing crap! What the f**k is he doing at Anfield ? Iv'e seen Sunday league players with more ability to control a ball. Sorry, I think Rafa has lost the plot again. If we go on abnd win No 19. It won't be down to astute management, it will be down to sheer luck.

Quick Reply