Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Stop criticising Dirk

Read 8690 times
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Stop criticising Dirk
      Jan 25, 2009 08:38:19 pm
      I'm fed up now of people who call themselves Liverpool fans having a go at Kuyt at every opportunity they get.
      At the match today there were 2 fellas sitting in the row next to me and they said nothing all game, never sang , never applauded any players for good work but as soon as Kuyt took a heavy touch or was beaten in the air they stood up and shouted their heads off at him. Seriously do these people just go the match to criticise players who they don't like? He gives 110% every game and i hear people saying, " I don't care he just doesn't have the technical ability" whatever that means.
      He's a Liverpool player who gives his all week in week out, gets us very important goals and how many times do i have to say, IS NOT A STRIKER  :f_steam:
      Rafa has found his position now, its on the right and i can't see anyone else to challenge that position. We have Torres and Keane and Gerrard  (I'm sure he'll come good) to get our goals, so why does Dirk get the blame if we don't score?
      It annoys me more than anything when i go the game to see people getting angry at our own players and making the atmosphere a negative one. You people are ruining the home atmosphere, and guess what? It's free to sit at home on the couch and shout at the TV and it frees up a seat in the stadium for a proper fan to get behind the team whatever the scoreline. You can't criticise individuals unless they don't look like they're trying to help Liverpool win the game
      I think most people have the same opinion here?
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: Stop criticising Dirk
      Reply #1: Jan 25, 2009 08:43:13 pm
      Agree

Not Dirks biggest fan by any means but its bad when you see your own players getting hammered by "fans"

I want Babel to go, cant stand him, but i wont have a go at everything he does like some people today.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2: Jan 25, 2009 08:45:37 pm
      Most of it is knee-jerk, and everybody is guilty of that.

Everybody here knows that we should be supporting anybody who plays in our shirt 100%.
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #3: Jan 25, 2009 08:46:13 pm
      Maybe kuyt needs a rest a long one im sure benayoun can fill his absence while kuyt takes a breather
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #4: Jan 25, 2009 08:53:53 pm
      Maybe kuyt needs a rest a long one im sure benayoun can fill his absence while kuyt takes a breather
      I haven't seen a sensible post anywhere from you yet mate
      Are you being serious
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #5: Jan 25, 2009 08:59:02 pm
      and guess what? It's free to sit at home on the couch and shout at the TV and it frees up a seat in the stadium for a proper fan to get behind the team whatever the scoreline.
      So why doesnt kuyt sit at home and watch the matches there and give someone better a chance to play (yossi) Yes right side is his new position but surely he has to come up with more goals and assits.

To his credit he does give 100% every game but thats his work rate. he does more tracking back than making an impact attacking wise.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6: Jan 25, 2009 09:03:12 pm
      I love kuyt 'cos he is proud to wear the lfc badge on his heart. The passion he has for us is like being a local player is unbelievable.
      He isn't the best player in lfc team but he is a important part of our winning team. He loves to score important goals.
      I don't know why these kind of fans go to the match? Every player that wears our shirt from dossena till Gerrard must be supported in the stadium from us 'Real fans'.
      Well done Ally, Its a good topic.
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #7: Jan 25, 2009 09:07:00 pm
      You can give an 150% performance but its no use if you cannot put the ball in the back of the net when you had the clear chance to do so , eg; gerrards pass to kuyt in todays game . i like the guys work rate but we need to win the game not add on more games , hope he improves ,
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #8: Jan 25, 2009 09:46:52 pm
      All what he doesn't have is Creativity...
      redsamba82
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts | -4 
      Reply #9: Jan 25, 2009 10:16:47 pm
      i will give dirk credit hes got a great engine and doesnt stop running for the team,but we bought him to score goals,hes not the fastest,his touch is not the greatest,most of the time his shooting is piss poor,even if you did put him upfront he wouldnt be a prolific goal scorer,dirk kuyt has been here for a few years now and has never gone on a good goal scoreing streak,hes just not good enough,him and beniyoun,arbeloa,lucas,dossana,deggam,arulio,are simply not good enough for liverpool !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Jan 25, 2009 10:20:03 pm
      I'm fed up now of people who call themselves Liverpool fans having a go at Kuyt at every opportunity they get.
      At the match today there were 2 fellas sitting in the row next to me and they said nothing all game, never sang , never applauded any players for good work but as soon as Kuyt took a heavy touch or was beaten in the air they stood up and shouted their heads off at him. Seriously do these people just go the match to criticise players who they don't like? He gives 110% every game and i hear people saying, " I don't care he just doesn't have the technical ability" whatever that means.
      He's a Liverpool player who gives his all week in week out, gets us very important goals and how many times do i have to say, IS NOT A STRIKER  :f_steam:
      Rafa has found his position now, its on the right and i can't see anyone else to challenge that position. We have Torres and Keane and Gerrard  (I'm sure he'll come good) to get our goals, so why does Dirk get the blame if we don't score?
      It annoys me more than anything when i go the game to see people getting angry at our own players and making the atmosphere a negative one. You people are ruining the home atmosphere, and guess what? It's free to sit at home on the couch and shout at the TV and it frees up a seat in the stadium for a proper fan to get behind the team whatever the scoreline. You can't criticise individuals unless they don't look like they're trying to help Liverpool win the game
      I think most people have the same opinion here?

Agree and don't agree.

Agree about at the match. It's one thing being frustrated and having a moan, but it's totally another thing when 'fans' are hurling abuse at our players and there's not a peep out of them when the players do something good.

But a lot of peoples opinions will be divided about Kuyt - or any other players for that matter. And this is why we debate things.

If someone is to just say 'Kuyt is sh*t, get rid'. Then I wont take a blind bit of notice to them whether I agree or not. But if they give an adult explanation for their reasoning of this statement, then I'm happy to take note.

Players are viewed upon by their performances. And it's a good thing to debate them. Today, I didn't think Kuyt was up to much and he really should have scored in the 80th minute. He done the grafting bit alright, but for an attacking player, he should have really imposed himself on the game more. He passed the ball backwards too many times for my liking and didn't anticipate the ball going forward as much as he should have done.

So I think I'm well within my rights to criticise him. People might not agree with me, but there's always difference of opinion.

People shouldn't be uncomfortable with criticising any players on here, as long as there's reasons to back it up. Sometimes (or in some cases, most of the time) it's deserved.
      kieronhlfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts | -1 
      Reply #11: Jan 25, 2009 10:23:36 pm
      Dirk Kuyt is a good player - I stress the word good - not brilliant, amazing or world class for that matter. He is always willing to work hard for the team which is good to see compared to some of the Drogba's and Ronaldo's of today who seem to thing they're bigger than their club. He is often criticized for his lack of technical ability which i believe is often undeserved - he is one of the few Liverpool players that are willing to receive the ball under pressure with his back to goal. This is often going to result in miss controlling the ball, but perhaps a result of his lack of pace - this is the more beneficial option in terms of keeping possession. However playing everyone of his games this season on the right side of midfield, I am sure you will he agree he is a large piece of our first 11 providing a quantity of goals second only to Gerrard this season. Yes, I am 100% sure if Torres had been fit for an equal amount of games his record would have been a much more clinical one, but that's what you expect from a £25 million striker, right? So yes, I believe he is a decent consistent player who provides stability to our midfield and often does the simple thing. However it  really does beg the question, is he the type of player to contribute to a league winning side? and would he truly get into the Man United, Chelsea or even Arsenal sides of today?   
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #12: Jan 25, 2009 10:26:37 pm
      players have to take the rough with the smooth, it's a price they pay for being professional footballers.

i dont think dirk gets half as much criticism as other players, such as lucas, keane, babel to name but a few.

another point is that his work rate is beyond question, it is just that there are supporters who feel that the team would do better in certain games with a bit more pace and creativity on the right.  in my opinion that is fair comment.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13: Jan 25, 2009 10:27:14 pm
      Dirk is a trier and thats great. But we arent Newcastle or Hull we need players who create things and take chances that come there way. His attitude is superb but attitude needs to be backed up with performance and results.   
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #14: Jan 25, 2009 10:34:37 pm
      You have to admire and respect the effort and commitment Dirk shows every time he is on the pitch and some players can learn from him in this respect, however he can frustrate with his lack of composure on the ball and in front of goal.

I don't think he is confident in front of goal and the chance today was typical of what he does when he has a bit of time to pick his spot. He seems to take the chances when he has less time to think about it. He also turns back too many times when receiving a pass instead of looking forward.

What I do like, apart from his work rate, is that he does know when to get into the box when the ball is on the far side of the pitch and has scored some vital goals from this area. He also tries to hold his position out wide most of the time which does give us an option.

I don't feel Yossi or El Zhar are a better option than Dirk at the minute and unless someone else is brought in he is the best player for the right in my opinion.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #15: Jan 25, 2009 10:52:40 pm
      Dirk Kuyt is a good player - I stress the word good - not brilliant, amazing or world class for that matter. He is always willing to work hard for the team which is good to see compared to some of the Drogba's and Ronaldo's of today who seem to thing they're bigger than their club. He is often criticized for his lack of technical ability which I believe is often undeserved - he is one of the few Liverpool players that are willing to receive the ball under pressure with his back to goal. This is often going to result in miss controlling the ball, but perhaps a result of his lack of pace - this is the more beneficial option in terms of keeping possession. However playing everyone of his games this season on the right side of midfield, I am sure you will he agree he is a large piece of our first 11 providing a quantity of goals second only to Gerrard this season. Yes, I am 100% sure if Torres had been fit for an equal amount of games his record would have been a much more clinical one, but that's what you expect from a £25 million striker, right? So yes, I believe he is a decent consistent player who provides stability to our midfield and often does the simple thing. However it  really does beg the question, is he the type of player to contribute to a league winning side? and would he truly get into the Man United, Chelsea or even Arsenal sides of today?   
      I do appreciate you standing in Dirks corner ,BUT how can you say that a player who in YOUR words" miss controlls the ball " which in my opinion he should not be doing on a regular basis.(which as we all know he does )playing at this level. Lets get real he's a grafter alright but so is Robbie Savage (oh God did I say that ).But if Rafa sold him for a big profit would you give up your season ticket? I don't think so.
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2009 11:58:09 pm by Venison 86 »
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #16: Jan 25, 2009 11:43:54 pm
      i will give dirk credit hes got a great engine and doesnt stop running for the team,but we bought him to score goals,hes not the fastest,his touch is not the greatest,most of the time his shooting is piss poor,even if you did put him upfront he wouldnt be a prolific goal scorer,dirk kuyt has been here for a few years now and has never gone on a good goal scoreing streak,hes just not good enough,him and beniyoun,arbeloa,lucas,dossana,deggam,arulio,are simply not good enough for liverpool !
      How do you expect to have your opinion taken seriously if you don't pay attention to how our players name's are spelt? If you're so ignorant to that, I'm not even going to listen to any of your other points
      Come on.
      It's Benayoun, Dossena, Degan, and Aurelio.
      And how can you criticise Arbeloa? He does his job brilliantly.
      The only reason he's lost his place recently is because of Skrtels return to fitness, so Rafa has been trying some new formations at the back, some excluding Arbeloa.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #17: Jan 25, 2009 11:52:08 pm
      Most of it is knee-jerk, and everybody is guilty of that.

Everybody here knows that we should be supporting anybody who plays in our shirt 100%.
      I understand what you mean but I'm having a go at the people who only knee jerk.
      These people who call themselves fans but don't sing for whatever reason and don't applaud the players.
      It's not knee jerking when its all you intend to do.
      These people should be ashamed of themselves

So why doesnt kuyt sit at home and watch the matches there and give someone better a chance to play (Yossi)
      I understand if you would rather have Benayoun on the pitch if you have an argument to back that up, but if you saw a player deciding not to play because he himself didn't think he was good enough, what would be your response.
      "Sorry Rafa I'm having the weekend off I don't feel like I'm good enough for Liverpool. I'd rather put someone else on the pitch than try and improve my game or try harder to be honest gaffer." Sure that's what i would say ::)

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #18: Jan 26, 2009 12:01:50 am
      It's Benayoun, Dossena, Degan, and Aurelio.

It's actually Degen. But I'm through nitpicking.

I haven't fully looked through the match threads as of yet, so I really can't recall anyone coming on here solely to knee-jerk apart from Richobaz, and even he is very rarely on.

redsamba82
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts | -4 
      Reply #19: Jan 26, 2009 12:11:49 am
      ally-lfc an who the f**k are you,you f**king blert you a f**king an english teacher ? its only a forum I couldnt giv 2 fucks if I spelt a sh*t players name rong,I f**king hate online geeks who go on about spelling,at the end of the day dirk kuyt is sh*te,if I dont like a certain liverpool player I dont f**king like him you chump,ally you deffo a f**king snob lad going on about spelling you f**king pleb !
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2009 12:25:23 am by redsamba82 »
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #20: Jan 26, 2009 12:19:00 am
      Edit message visble etc? Don't understand. could you explain please.!
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #21: Jan 26, 2009 12:32:08 am
      ally-lfc an who the f**k are you,you f**king blert a f**king an english teacher ? its only a forum I couldnt giv 2 fucks if I spelt a sh*t players name rong,I f**king hate online geeks who go on about spelling,at the end of the day dirk kuyt is sh*te,if I dont like a certain liverpool player I dont f**king like him you chump,ally you deffo a f**king snob lad going on about spelling you f**king pleb !
      Dyer know this is a great forum,but does it really matter if our spelling is'nt up to Oxbridge standards?When i joined I read the rules which did not say one coul'nt join if one could'nt spell properly.!! Good on yer Redsamba. :gt-happyup:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #22: Jan 26, 2009 12:51:14 am
      Dyer know this is a great forum,but does it really matter if our spelling is'nt up to Oxbridge standards?When i joined I read the rules which did not say one coul'nt join if one could'nt spell properly.!! Good on yer Redsamba. :gt-happyup:

Yes it does matter. There's no excuse for text language or consistant poor spelling (especially when LFC players names are concerned) when there's a spell check available. It's all in the not too demanding rules. If people don't like the way things work on here, then they can go elsewhere.

Back on topic.

Quick Reply