Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

A public service message to 'fans'

Read 23610 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: A public service message to 'fans'
      Reply #115: Feb 08, 2009 08:22:23 pm
      Sh*t - I posted this under the missus's login - only realised when I saw the photo!

Well you've brought a bit of comedy to this thread....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,686 posts | 6981 
      Reply #116: Feb 08, 2009 08:22:34 pm
      Question - if you query some of Rafa's decisions are you not a true fan of LFC? Do you need to be a headless chicken to support LFC?

If you question them during a game, and start calling for his head mid-match then no, you are not a true fan of Liverpool.

Otherwise of course you can question Rafa's decisions.  I've questioned his formation and his negative substitutions numerous times on here - but if people have disagreed I haven't started questioning their age or physique.

And no - being a headless chicken doesn't help in the supporting of Liverpool FC.

Not long after Torres came on yesterday Portsmouth scored.  If I recall Dirk Kuyt then scored an equaliser so to suggest it was one man who saved Liverpool yesterday is also disregarding the roles that Benayoun, as an example also played in the win.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #117: Feb 08, 2009 08:37:35 pm
      Look, at then end of the day we got 3 points.

If Rafa had've started with the players that some people, both on here and so called 'pundits', wanted and we won the game, what would we have got. 3 points.

Instead he left players on the bench.  Of those that came on:

Kuyt - has played most games this season, and could be feeling it.  He played 37 minutes.
      Alonso - took a knock mid-week.  Played 26 minutes.
      Torres - still regaining following hamstring injury. Played 17 minutes.

If we would've started with these players and won the game, what would we've got? 3 points, which is exactly what we did get by not starting them.

The point I'm making is we collected 3 points without placing extra burden on players who Rafa and the medical staff did not think could offer 90 mins if required.

WE GOT 3 POINTS!  What is the problem!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #118: Feb 08, 2009 08:40:25 pm
      WE GOT 3 POINTS!  What is the problem!

Read the thread mate, and you'll find out the problem.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #119: Feb 08, 2009 08:44:55 pm
      What is the answer then? 
      I wasn't sure what to make of yesterday's result.
      But 3 points is 3 points and yes, it took the subs to get us out of the brown stuff but that's what subs are there for, to replace injuries and to give something different aren't they?
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #120: Feb 08, 2009 08:45:04 pm
      Read the thread mate, and you'll find out the problem.

I have read it.  Football is a results business, you get 3 points for a win, it doesn't matter how you get 'em - an og in the last minute, or a 5-0 win.  You don't hear the scum complaining about all their 1-0 wins, cos at the end of the day 3 points is what it's all about.

Too many wind up merchants and people who don't have a clue, that's the problem.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      Reply #121: Feb 08, 2009 08:49:04 pm
      I have read it.  Football is a results business, you get 3 points for a win, it doesn't matter how you get 'em - an og in the last minute, or a 5-0 win.  You don't hear the scum complaining about all their 1-0 wins, cos at the end of the day 3 points is what it's all about.

Too many wind up merchants and people who don't have a clue, that's the problem.

Well said.

Instead of just panning the players and manager, come up with something constructive.  It may make you look like you know what you're on about!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #122: Feb 08, 2009 08:49:09 pm
      The point of this thread is to raise the issue of people not supporting the team when the going gets tough.

It was truly disgusting to see people give up and call for Rafa's head halfway through the game.

We are Liverpool fans and we support our club no matter what. We may disagree on issues such as players, the manager and tactics but one thing we all have in common is that we support Liverpool.

However losing faith when we start losing is unacceptable in my eyes. Being a Liverpool fan means staying by the team through thick and thin.

In my eyes you aren't a true fan if you don't do that.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #123: Feb 08, 2009 08:49:33 pm
      Yeah, fair play to Dirk - after Torres set him up :-) Nah in fairness, I like Dirk loads, he took it well, and Yossi did great again so, yeah, I'll give you that - they did really push forward AS A TEAM at the end. Plenty of conviction and 'never-say-die'-ness - Rafa instills good attitude, no doubt about that. And great to see Fabio knock in that free kick too.
      ps: who is the girl in the photo?
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #124: Feb 08, 2009 08:50:03 pm
      The point of this thread is to raise the issue of people not supporting the team when the going gets tough.

It was truly disgusting to see people give up and call for Rafa's head halfway through the game.

We are Liverpool fans and we support our club no matter what. We may disagree on issues such as players, the manager and tactics but one thing we all have in common is that we support Liverpool.

However losing faith when we start losing is unacceptable in my eyes. Being a Liverpool fan means staying by the team through thick and thin.

Well said mate
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,686 posts | 6981 
      Reply #125: Feb 08, 2009 08:54:39 pm
      I really don't recall people moaning when we came back from behind to beat Man United?

Did we not 'get lucky' that day when we brought Gerrard on after 67 minutes?

I don't remember many people moaning when we came back against Man City when we had to bring Kuyt off the bench to replace Keane?

alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      Reply #126: Feb 08, 2009 08:55:54 pm

Deffo, but I have to admit, I've found it hard to keep the faith at times.  Doesn't help with working with so many ManUre 'fans'.

I am very happy with Diggler but I can't help thinking that we do need a 'proper' right-winger who can cross and also take players on.  Maybe someone like Albert Riera with a right foot?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #127: Feb 08, 2009 09:26:30 pm

Well said mate.I also totally agree with the sentiments raised in Ayrton's last post a page back or so. In the 43 years supporting this club I have never failed to back the club even when I didn't like particular players or managers.I think everyone who contributes on this forum is entitled to their opinions, but to ask for the sacking of a manager just because we go behind in a game is offensive to every real supporter. Wind up merchants with a bit of humour attached can be refreshing for the forum, but ill informen un-reasoned knee jerk reactions is not the way of a LFC supporter and I personally wouldn't want anyone like schinny or whatever he labels himself, covering my back.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,201 posts | 3391 
      Reply #128: Feb 09, 2009 02:36:24 am
      I don't remember many people moaning when we came back against Man City when we had to bring Kuyt off the bench to replace Keane?

Well you wouldn't of as Keane started on the bench and came on for Mascherano, leaving Kuyt to complete the entrie game and score the winner in the final few moments. As http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/match-reports/premiership/2008/man-city-2-3-liverpool-report/ proves.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #129: Feb 09, 2009 02:12:15 pm
      Deffo, but I have to admit, I've found it hard to keep the faith at times.  Doesn't help with working with so many ManUre 'fans'.

You shouldn't have ANY trouble keeping the faith being a RED ! although been surrounded by scum fans with there luck over the last 18yrs must be annoying ! :f_whistle:
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #130: Feb 09, 2009 02:37:40 pm
      Rafa has said all along his idea is to be in contention with 10 games to go then you will see him going for it. It frustrating having to explain to people who quite honestly don't seem to understand that you cant pick 11 players to play 65 games a season. We have a lot of young players in our squad with little experience we don't have the depth of Utd or Chelsea. So players get injured and tired and he wants to have everyone fit and healthy for the run in. So far he is spot on again.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      what gives people the right to criticise RAFA
      Reply #131: Feb 09, 2009 04:02:38 pm
      Its an open question no hidden meaning. I get angry at people for criticising him and here's why. For over 40 years I have supported the Reds my dad before me and his before him way back to the 1920's I expect there are many like me on here. I have never known such negativity at the club especially from the Boardand now apparently from "fans". I see lots of people on forums having a go at Rafa and when I have a go back I am told they are entitled to their opinion. Well are they really?. Do they have to be a season ticket holder ,a born and bred scouser or can anyone declare themselves a Liverpool supporter and feel free to try and rip them apart when they feel like it. At the moment I cant get to as many matches as I would like and I feel that because of that I don't really have a right to criticise the players or the manager instead I think they deserve my support because LFC means so much to me that it irks me to see people constantly sniping at them. So If I am wrong and the criticisers are the lads and lasses that go to home and away games week in week out then I apologise for I believe these are the true supporters and its them that I usually find are very supportive of Rafa and his team.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #132: Feb 09, 2009 04:10:55 pm
      Its an open question no hidden meaning. I get angry at people for criticising him and here's why. For over 40 years I have supported the Reds my dad before me and his before him way back to the 1920's I expect there are many like me on here. I have never known such negativity at the club especially from the Boardand now apparently from "fans". I see lots of people on forums having a go at Rafa and when I have a go back I am told they are entitled to their opinion. Well are they really?. Do they have to be a season ticket holder ,a born and bred scouser or can anyone declare themselves a Liverpool supporter and feel free to try and rip them apart when they feel like it. At the moment I cant get to as many matches as I would like and I feel that because of that I don't really have a right to criticise the players or the manager instead I think they deserve my support because LFC means so much to me that it irks me to see people constantly sniping at them. So If I am wrong and the criticisers are the lads and lasses that go to home and away games week in week out then I apologise for I believe these are the true supporters and its them that I usually find are very supportive of Rafa and his team.

Merged your thread with this. We already have a million and one, we really don't need any more.

I would say use the search option, but there's already three Rafa topics on the first page. :dunce2:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,686 posts | 6981 
      Reply #133: Feb 09, 2009 04:14:25 pm

Some good points Johnstop.

The media are doing enough Rafa bashing on their own and trying to destabilise our title challenge.  They really don't need our help.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #134: Feb 09, 2009 04:30:56 pm
      I would say read the post it is asking a goo dquestion about who exactly is it that is criticising and should they have the right to do so, Keep your forum if I cant post freely.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #135: Feb 09, 2009 04:35:58 pm
      I would say read the post it is asking a goo dquestion about who exactly is it that is criticising and should they have the right to do so, Keep your forum if I cant post freely.

It is a good post mate, I'm sure 99% of the people here will agree with you on most of it.

We just have so many Rafa threads that we never know what to do with them all, so to keep the forum tidy we group them into single topics - and yours fit right in here. ;)
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #136: Feb 09, 2009 04:36:57 pm
      goodbye
      waclander
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #137: Feb 09, 2009 04:44:02 pm
      i think he just brought his ball with him