Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Esteban Cambiasso (Inter Milan)

Read 4052 times
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Esteban Cambiasso (Inter Milan)
      Jul 08, 2009 07:49:09 pm

Internazionale's Esteban Cambiasso to Liverpool?

Liverpool have reportedly lined up Esteban Cambiasso and Mathieu Valbuena as potential reinforcements in case their midfield is weakened by raids from Spain.

Real Madrid have cooled their interest in Xabi Alonso but Barcelona are still very much in the hunt for Anfield holding midfielder, leaving Rafa Benitez very much in need of a contingency plan.

Reports in Spain suggest Inter Milan midfielder Esteban Cambiasso is their primary target, but the versatile 28-year-old Argentina international is also said to be wanted by Manchester City.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1198319/Liverpool-boss-Benitez-keeps-moves-Cambiasso-Valbuena-sleeve.html?ITO=1490

Nice to see that Rafa is prepared should the worst happen......
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Esteban Cambiasso (Inter Milan)
      Reply #1: Jul 08, 2009 09:18:49 pm

Internazionale's Esteban Cambiasso to Liverpool?

Reports in Spain suggest Inter Milan midfielder Esteban Cambiasso is their primary target, but the versatile 28-year-old Argentina international is also said to be wanted by Manchester City.

Nice to see that Rafa is prepared should the worst happen......

Along with the world and his dog? :D

I haven't a clue what Cambiasso would play like in the Premier League and to be perfectly honest I'd rather not take the risk. Think that's more than likely a side effect of the desire to keep our midfield the way it is.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2: Jul 08, 2009 09:22:29 pm
      Along with the world and his dog? :D

I haven't a clue what Cambiasso would play like in the Premier League and to be perfectly honest I'd rather not take the risk. Think that's more than likely a side effect of the desire to keep our midfield the way it is.
      I'll second that.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #3: Jul 08, 2009 09:26:07 pm
      It's a good player but I don't want Alonso to go so if he will be his replacement then I don't want him.
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 08, 2009 09:46:21 pm
      Good player but Alonso and Mascha should STAY
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Jul 09, 2009 12:25:38 am
      It would be interesting to see how he would play in our league though. Whenever I've seen him play, he does look like he loves his football.

Plus he's got a 'go-faster' hair style.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6: Jul 09, 2009 12:30:07 am
      Hmm mixed feelings about this one he can play, but how would he cope with the pace of the Premiership. We knew another Argie who was king sh*t in Italy and Fergie though he could play and resulted in epic failure. I will not mention his name.

Same doubts I have towards Cambiaso plus he is getting on a bit I think he turns 30 this year?!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Jul 09, 2009 12:46:27 am
      Would quite like to see Cambiasso sign for us actually were we to lose Xabi or Masch but hopefully that wont happen.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Jul 09, 2009 12:48:08 am
      Hmm mixed feelings about this one he can play, but how would he cope with the pace of the Premiership. We knew another Argie who was king sh*t in Italy and Fergie though he could play and resulted in epic failure. I will not mention his name.

Same doubts I have towards Cambiaso plus he is getting on a bit I think he turns 30 this year?!

28 isn't he?

I know what you mean though mate. That's why I feel it would be interesting to see how he got on here. What I like about him though is his enthusiasm. Of course, players can have loads of that but it has to be backed up with quality. He seems a decent player but I'm not sure how he'd cope with the physical side of things.
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #9: Jul 09, 2009 08:20:54 am

I'd rather have Alonso and Masch for obvious reasons really...they are already part of the team...
      Cambiasso is a good player though - he plays his socks off - but he is more of a Javier than an Alonso...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Jul 09, 2009 08:23:15 am
      (Need to get off 7,666 posts)

Quality passer from the back, would have to pay a bucket load for him though and he's 28 so not much value in it. Great player but...nahhhh.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #11: Jul 09, 2009 08:59:48 am
      We all know it would be harder to replace Alonso than Mascherano. As posted above I see this guy as playing more like Mascherano but with better distribution.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #12: Jul 09, 2009 11:22:37 am
      I didn't realise he was only 28, thought he was in his 30's! May be a suitable signing if Alonso or Masch leave.
      mormarijn
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #13: Jul 09, 2009 11:54:55 am
      If we lose Masch or Xabi then Cambiasso is a useful replacement (but definitely not a better player than the ones we already have)...
      « Last Edit: Jul 09, 2009 08:26:23 pm by CRK, Reason: Spelling mistake »
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Esteban Cambiosso(Inter Milan)
      Reply #14: Jul 10, 2009 10:38:35 am
      Reds line up Cambiasso move
      Skysports.com understands Liverpool are lining up a move for Inter Milan's Esteban Cambiasso in case they lose either Xabi Alonso or Javier Mascherano.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is fighting to keep hold of midfield duo Alonso and Mascherano with the pair being strongly linked with moves to Spain.

Big-spending Real Madrid have openly declared their interest in Alonso, while Barcelona have refused to rule out a bid for Mascherano.

Benitez insists the pair will not be leaving Merseyside, but he is thought to be drawing up possible replacements in case he loses one or both of them with Cambiasso thought to be at the top of his wanted list.

Cambiasso has established himself as a key player for Inter since his arrival from Real Madrid in 2004 and Jose Mourinho would be loath to lose him.

Benitez is thought to be a big admirer of Cambiasso and could step up his interest if he loses either of his two midfield stars before the close of the transfer window.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5423810,00.html
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2009 10:40:52 am by Reslivo, Reason: Changed to news format. »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #15: Jul 10, 2009 10:41:39 am
      Looks a pretty big step closer then this deal.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #16: Jul 10, 2009 10:42:44 am
      I think we'll only go for him should we lose either of our midfield duo.

Unless that happens, I can't see us needing him.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #17: Jul 10, 2009 10:47:03 am
      Agreed. I think we need to wait and see before signing him.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #18: Jul 10, 2009 10:47:20 am
      Well i hope we dont lose Masch or Alonso especially if we looking at this guy to replace either one of them.Defiantly not a bad player but for some reason Italian players suffer in the premier league,thinks its a bit too physical and fast paced for them.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #19: Jul 10, 2009 03:46:35 pm
      Preferably I would look at other midfield targets.

Cambiasso is a vital part of the Inter midfield, I don't see why Mourinho would want to sell him. He's going to be sold at an inflated fee if we want him, and that is certainly wasting our money away considering the fact he'll only have a couple of years in him left. Although he's experienced, he's 28 and I wouldn't want to see us splurging that much money on a single player.

On the other hand, we can have Javi Martinez as another option. Only 22 I think and has made about 100 La Liga appearances. He'll make an able replacement and he's got a much longer, and maybe brighter future ahead of him.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #20: Jul 10, 2009 04:43:27 pm
      I'd probably agree with you on that actually, not to mention Cambiasso will actually be 29 by the time we get properly into the season.

Then again you could argue that Cambiasso has had great experience of winning titles and also playing in the Champions League.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #21: Jul 11, 2009 03:46:26 pm
      Hes a good player but noooooooooooooooooo thankyou!
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #22: Jul 11, 2009 03:55:04 pm
      i don't want that shitty bold b***ard in my perfect team. This guy could destroy evertything!!

Quick Reply