Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Roman Pavlyuchenko (Loan)

Read 10503 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Roman Pavlyuchenko (Loan)
      Reply #115: Nov 28, 2009 12:16:32 am
      The more I think about it I think Pav would be a good loan signing. Good with his feet and can link up well, has decent speed and can finish. Can recall how good he is in the air though..is he a good header of the ball? He is over 6 foot and fairly strong. He was fantastic prior to his spurs fiasco.
      rio09
      • Banned

• 94 posts | -3 
      Reply #116: Nov 29, 2009 05:16:31 am
      love him on loan as a backup
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #117: Dec 02, 2009 03:07:35 pm
      Would love to see him here but why would he come if he was gona sit on the bench like he is doing at Spurs. He will want to play every week with the World Cup close. If Torres is fit he wont get in the side.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #118: Dec 02, 2009 03:10:53 pm
      Russia are out of the World Cup...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #119: Dec 02, 2009 08:48:55 pm
      Russia are out of the World Cup...

Get this guy a coconut.

;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #120: Dec 02, 2009 08:52:22 pm
      Looks like Roma will be the one getting him.

Pav closes in on Roma move

Roman Pavlyuchenko's agent Oliver Wendt admits that he is set to meet Roma officials over a possible move within the next two days.

The Russian striker has grown frustrated with life at White Hart Lane this season having slipped behind Robbie Keane, Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe in the pecking order.

The 27-year-old is yet to start a Premier League game this term with his only goal coming in the Carling Cup at Doncaster in August.

The former Spartak Moscow ace has recently revealed that he would be interested in signing for the Serie A giants and all that is left to do is for Tottenham to agree the transfer.

"Roman wants to leave London and wants to go to Rome," Wendt told romagiallorossa.com.

"If Tottenham clears, Roman could be a player of AS Roma. Today or tomorrow I will meet leaders of Roma and we will discuss about it.

"I have had contact with them even last week and they have shown real interest."

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #121: Dec 03, 2009 06:42:29 am

Roman Pavlyuchenko's agent Oliver Wendt admits that he is set to meet Roma officials over a possible move within the next two days.

The Russian striker has grown frustrated with life at White Hart Lane this season having slipped behind Robbie Keane, Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe in the pecking order.

The 27-year-old is yet to start a Premier League game this term with his only goal coming in the Carling Cup at Doncaster in August.

The former Spartak Moscow ace has recently revealed that he would be interested in signing for the Serie A giants and all that is left to do is for Tottenham to agree the transfer.

"Roman wants to leave London and wants to go to Rome," Wendt told romagiallorossa.com.

"If Tottenham clears, Roman could be a player of AS Roma. Today or tomorrow I will meet leaders of Roma and we will discuss about it.

"I have had contact with them even last week and they have shown real interest."

He should fit in well there with J.A.R.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #122: Dec 10, 2009 12:08:13 pm
      Liverpool plan to swap flop Ryan Babel for Spurs misfit Roman Pavlyuchenko

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1234633/Liverpool-plan-swap-flop-Ryan-Babel-Spurs-misfit-Roman-Pavlyuchenko.html#ixzz0ZHppWt6B

Liverpool have targeted Tottenham misfit Roman Pavlyuchenko in a surprise January move which could see Ryan Babel head in the opposite direction.

Manager Rafa Benitez knows he desperately needs back-up for Fernando Torres and has grown increasingly tired of Babel's displays and murmurings of discontent.

He is a long-time admirer of Pavlyuchenko and believes he can restore the striker to the scoring form that helped Russia reach the Euro 2008 semi-finals and prompted Tottenham to splash out £13.8million just over 15 months ago.

However, due to Liverpool's dire financial situation, Tottenham hold all the cards in any possible deal. They know Liverpool have a minimal budget and must wheel and deal to get transfers done.

Babel, an £11.5m signing from Ajax two years ago, represents Liverpool's biggest bargaining tool and at 22 he has a great re-sale value. However, Tottenham want optimum price for Pavlyuchenko and may even ask for Babel plus cash.

Manager Harry Redknapp has other targets in mind and has been told he must sell before he can buy. He is keen on bringing in another goalkeeper and centre half and has lined up a deal for Brazil midfielder Sandro from Internacional, who could cost up to £8m.

Redknapp knows Babel has potential but may feel it is better for Tottenham to bring in straight cash for Pavlyuchenko from other suitors so he can plough the money into his priority purchases.

Pavlyuchenko, who has grown increasingly frustrated with his plight at Tottenham and has attended several meetings to discuss his future, will no doubt be delighted about Liverpool's interest.

He is fourth in the pecking order of strikers at White Hart Lane behind Jermain Defoe, Peter Crouch and Robbie Keane and has made it clear he wants away.

Only this week his agent, Oleg Artemov, said: 'We are not happy about his situation at Tottenham, so we'll do everything to ensure he can change club in January. There were contacts with Roma, but for now only by telephone. Spartak Moscow, Arsenal and Zenit St Petersburg are also interested in the player - anything can happen.'

Benitez had considered a move for Pavlyuchenko earlier in the year but again did not have the necessary resources at the time. He believes the former Spartak Moscow star can play in the lone striker role or as a link man between Torres and the Liverpool midfield if called upon.

He is reluctant to strip his threadbare squad further but recognises that Babel represents a sacrifice worth making for the benefit of the squad.

The only saving grace for Benitez would be a successful Liverpool rights issue as the club attempt to raise £100m in time for the January window - then the Spaniard would be able to call his own shots in the transfer market.

Despite glimpses of Babel's potential, he has failed to mature into the player Benitez hoped he would become and has hinted he believes a fresh start would help earn a place in Holland's World Cup squad.

For now, he is taking a diplomatic stance. Babel said: 'I feel confident that I'm good enough to play a lot of games for Liverpool. I keep saying this. Hopefully, I'll get chances to show this. For every player it's nice to go to the World Cup and it's very important to do that in your career.

'As far as I'm concerned, the way to do that is to fight for my place at Anfield, definitely.'

danielevans
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts | -4 
      Reply #123: Dec 12, 2009 08:04:25 pm
      What about trading Ryan for Gio Dos Santos instead of Pav?
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #124: Dec 21, 2009 11:06:46 am
      4th choice spurs striker - oh great.

leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #125: Jan 01, 2010 09:40:07 pm

They just got Toni so they wont be getting Pav now

Liverpool plan to swap flop Ryan Babel for Spurs misfit Roman Pavlyuchenko

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1234633/Liverpool-plan-swap-flop-Ryan-Babel-Spurs-misfit-Roman-Pavlyuchenko.html#ixzz0ZHppWt6B

Liverpool have targeted Tottenham misfit Roman Pavlyuchenko in a surprise January move which could see Ryan Babel head in the opposite direction.

Manager Rafa Benitez knows he desperately needs back-up for Fernando Torres and has grown increasingly tired of Babel's displays and murmurings of discontent.

He is a long-time admirer of Pavlyuchenko and believes he can restore the striker to the scoring form that helped Russia reach the Euro 2008 semi-finals and prompted Tottenham to splash out £13.8million just over 15 months ago.

However, due to Liverpool's dire financial situation, Tottenham hold all the cards in any possible deal. They know Liverpool have a minimal budget and must wheel and deal to get transfers done.

Babel, an £11.5m signing from Ajax two years ago, represents Liverpool's biggest bargaining tool and at 22 he has a great re-sale value. However, Tottenham want optimum price for Pavlyuchenko and may even ask for Babel plus cash.

Manager Harry Redknapp has other targets in mind and has been told he must sell before he can buy. He is keen on bringing in another goalkeeper and centre half and has lined up a deal for Brazil midfielder Sandro from Internacional, who could cost up to £8m.

Redknapp knows Babel has potential but may feel it is better for Tottenham to bring in straight cash for Pavlyuchenko from other suitors so he can plough the money into his priority purchases.

Pavlyuchenko, who has grown increasingly frustrated with his plight at Tottenham and has attended several meetings to discuss his future, will no doubt be delighted about Liverpool's interest.

He is fourth in the pecking order of strikers at White Hart Lane behind Jermain Defoe, Peter Crouch and Robbie Keane and has made it clear he wants away.

Only this week his agent, Oleg Artemov, said: 'We are not happy about his situation at Tottenham, so we'll do everything to ensure he can change club in January. There were contacts with Roma, but for now only by telephone. Spartak Moscow, Arsenal and Zenit St Petersburg are also interested in the player - anything can happen.'

Benitez had considered a move for Pavlyuchenko earlier in the year but again did not have the necessary resources at the time. He believes the former Spartak Moscow star can play in the lone striker role or as a link man between Torres and the Liverpool midfield if called upon.

He is reluctant to strip his threadbare squad further but recognises that Babel represents a sacrifice worth making for the benefit of the squad.

The only saving grace for Benitez would be a successful Liverpool rights issue as the club attempt to raise £100m in time for the January window - then the Spaniard would be able to call his own shots in the transfer market.

Despite glimpses of Babel's potential, he has failed to mature into the player Benitez hoped he would become and has hinted he believes a fresh start would help earn a place in Holland's World Cup squad.

For now, he is taking a diplomatic stance. Babel said: 'I feel confident that I'm good enough to play a lot of games for Liverpool. I keep saying this. Hopefully, I'll get chances to show this. For every player it's nice to go to the World Cup and it's very important to do that in your career.

'As far as I'm concerned, the way to do that is to fight for my place at Anfield, definitely.'

This sounds more reasonable to me although people on this site seem to hate Babel more over attitude and demeanour than the little positive effects hes had on the team. In that case Pav wont be a fan favourite cos hes probably more blabby with a worse attitude than Babel. However if he does it on the pitch i dont care either way..
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #126: Jan 01, 2010 09:58:56 pm
      Don't like him, he's behind crouch and keane in the pecking order at spurs too, who have both failed to nail a position in our side.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #127: Jan 01, 2010 11:17:41 pm
      Do not want him at Anfield not suited to English football and seems to have a bad attitude.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #128: Jan 01, 2010 11:34:58 pm
      Nah don't see it really
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #129: Jan 01, 2010 11:37:34 pm
      I don't want Babel moved inside the Prem to be honest. He does have untapped potential and I rather see him gone from the league. Plus I don't want to see the f**ker
      dave09
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | -1 
      Reply #130: Jan 05, 2010 12:44:02 am
      wot a load of crap,the player and rumour
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #131: Jan 05, 2010 02:59:09 am
      wot a load of crap,the player and rumour

So don't bump the thread?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #132: Jan 05, 2010 12:35:44 pm
      Would nearly take a punt on this player.
      Although he is behind Crouch and Keane in the pecking order at Spurs. (Irony?)
      He attitude is not terrible he's just pushing for a move.
      Swap for Babel? Only risk there is Harry puts an arm around Babel and
      suddenly the f**ker starts playing well
      dave09
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | -1 
      Reply #133: Jan 09, 2010 01:45:04 am
      Would nearly take a punt on this player.
      Although he is behind Crouch and Keane in the pecking order at Spurs. (Irony?)
      He attitude is not terrible he's just pushing for a move.
      Swap for Babel? Only risk there is Harry puts an arm around Babel and
      suddenly the f**ker starts playing well

i wouldnt,probably much better players for what he would cost and he has hardly set the premier league alight.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #134: Jan 09, 2010 11:20:15 am
      Dont see it happening anyway
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #135: Jan 09, 2010 11:29:17 am
      I don't think he will fit in here with us. Playing style that is...
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #136: Jan 09, 2010 12:40:25 pm
      have to say that I think this guy is underrated and could do well for us.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #137: Jan 13, 2010 02:51:31 pm
      I read somewhere he's going to Zenit for 10 mil.

Quick Reply