Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Roman Pavlyuchenko (Loan)

Read 10505 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Roman Pavlyuchenko (Loan)
      Nov 11, 2009 11:42:16 pm
      Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez wants Spurs striker Roman Pavlyuchenko on loan

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is spending the international break considering his options for reinforcements in the January transfer window.

And while it is unlikely he will have funds available to make a permanent signing, the Anfield boss will look for a loan striker to act as cover.

The Spanish coach has sounded out advisors for Spurs forward Roman Pavlyuchenko, who indicated yesterday that he will press to leave the London club in January after failing to gain a regular first team place.

Benitez sees him as the ideal stand in for Torres, and given his international pedigree he could do a job for Liverpool to put him into the spotlight before the World Cup gets underway next summer.

The Liverpool manager will also think about approaching his former club Real Madrid to talk about taking Dutch forward Rafael van der Vaart who has confirmed he will be leaving the Bernabeu in the January transfer window.

Benitez will hope to get either player on loan, with the idea of a permanent deal in the summer when he will have more transfer funds.

He will look to finance the wages of any loan signing by offloading Italian defender Andrea Dossena, who is close to concluding a deal with Napoli to take him back home when the window opens.

Pavlyuchenko has admitted he is desperate to leave Tottenham because six months on the bench has cost him his place in the Russian team.

Asked if he was planning to leave in January, the striker said: "Yes, because it's impossible for me to stay in the present situation.

"I've been sitting on the bench for half a year now and because of that I've lost my place on the national team."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-boss-Rafa-Benitez-wants-Spurs-striker-Roman-Pavlyuchenko-on-loan-article219355.html?

I fancy this actually.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Roman Pavlyuchenko (Loan)
      Reply #1: Nov 11, 2009 11:48:51 pm
      Definitely something I'd give the thumbs-up.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #2: Nov 11, 2009 11:52:06 pm
      I'd be happy with that. As long as it's a loan. But he wants first team football and Torres will always be first choice.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #3: Nov 11, 2009 11:53:05 pm
      I surely would - v tasty player...but Spurs have skrewed us before ...we'll see eh.  He's also linked with Russian clubs, just depends on him I guess.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #4: Nov 11, 2009 11:53:42 pm
      I'd be happy with that. As long as it's a loan. But he wants first team football and Torres will always be first choice.

4-4-2 diamond, versus the smaller teams. He'd get at least a game in every two.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5: Nov 12, 2009 12:03:21 am
      Him and VDV in the winter.

I'd be happy with that, probably wouldn't cost too much either.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #6: Nov 12, 2009 12:04:09 am
      I like the sound of that I hope it's not more media bollocks.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #7: Nov 12, 2009 12:20:47 am
      4-4-2 diamond, versus the smaller teams. He'd get at least a game in every two.

Be a good idea. I reckon they would play well together. Might give us a better ariel presence as well. In both boxes.

Him and VDV in the winter.

I'd be happy with that, probably wouldn't cost too much either.

I'd be made up if we got both, but I do think we need a Hyypia style CB.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #8: Nov 12, 2009 12:27:03 am
      All for Pav and VDV
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: Nov 12, 2009 02:16:24 am
      Not Van der Vaart. We have 4 midfielders, all better than him. He's been shocking since he moved to Madrid, too.

Pav would be a good signing in a loan deal. As i said for Carlton Cole, he adds height and someone who could contest in the air.

BUT! Spurs are fighting us for 4th right now, would they really give us someone to boost our squad?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #10: Nov 12, 2009 02:50:33 am
      To be fair mate that is very harsh on van Der Vaart he has had very limited opportunity and showed when given the right amount of time in Hamburg can be a world class player.

The only current player in our roster going on form better than him is Mascherano, but yet again a totally different sort of player but a midfielder also.

As for Pavlyuchenko I would have him over Cole any time of the day, there is something about our style of football and Pavlyuchenko's that indicates he would be a success here.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Nov 12, 2009 06:14:51 am
      I wouldnt mind him or C.Cole. The part about VDV. He can play on the wing as well. He did for Real.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Nov 12, 2009 08:57:58 am
      I wouldnt mind him or C.Cole. The part about VDV. He can play on the wing as well. He did for Real.

And not very well.

May sound harsh but he's crap IMO. He's living off his reputation which he built with HSV. If he came, we'd be paying wages for someone to sit on the bench.

But, on topic however.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #13: Nov 12, 2009 09:11:27 am
      Get them in, both if we can - big yes for Pav why not, think he would do well for us.

But on a seperate note I have a feeling that Spurs would F**k us royally on the price or say no to a loan - they have more money than we do and wont bend to silly values.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #14: Nov 12, 2009 09:19:36 am
      I don't mind Roman. Decent player and could probably do the job.

Get VdV in as well.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15: Nov 12, 2009 11:07:20 am

Torres will always be first choice but not a bad option at all to get Roman. With Nando's consistent injuries  :mad:, I'm sure he'd get a fair amount of games under his belt.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16: Nov 12, 2009 11:15:12 am
      Just thought that Spur may not want to loan him to us. Consider that we are going fighting for 4th spot with them.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #17: Nov 12, 2009 12:43:10 pm
      This would be a complete joke, he can't get near the Spurs due to 2 ex Liverpool strikers there. I remember when Spurs signed him a Russian Journalist on the radio saying he couldn't understand the signing. He said he was not good enough for Spurs and would flop, he has proved right.

Look it really is a sad day when we have to try and loan a reserve striker from Spurs, are we no longer a big club, I'm telling you I hate the owners but this takes it to a whole new level.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #18: Nov 12, 2009 02:38:29 pm
      Now this is a signing i would'nt mind...back-up to torres and can only be better the Voronin
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #19: Nov 12, 2009 03:17:56 pm
      This would be a complete joke, he can't get near the Spurs due to 2 ex Liverpool strikers there. I remember when Spurs signed him a Russian Journalist on the radio saying he couldn't understand the signing. He said he was not good enough for Spurs and would flop, he has proved right.

Look it really is a sad day when we have to try and loan a reserve striker from Spurs, are we no longer a big club, I'm telling you I hate the owners but this takes it to a whole new level.
      Anybody is better than Voronin .......Accrington are goin under wont there be some strikers there looking for a job?
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #20: Nov 12, 2009 03:22:02 pm
      Would happily take these two on loan in January if there is no cash available.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #21: Nov 12, 2009 03:32:20 pm
      I'm not a big fan of Pavlyuchenko, to me he is nothing more than a very average striker, who caught the eyes in the Euro, but nothing else - remember Milan Baros, Euro top scorer. Pav was not even Russia main striker by that time too, he played cause Progbenyak was injured.

But if it's only on loan, I wouldn't mind him.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #22: Nov 12, 2009 03:42:13 pm
      Yeah wouldn't mind him coming on a loan.

Quick Reply