Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Roman Pavlyuchenko (Loan)

Read 10504 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Roman Pavlyuchenko (Loan)
      Reply #92: Nov 16, 2009 09:28:45 pm
      I'm sorry you don't get my examples I put it so easy a two year old could have understood it.  I'm well able to make up my own opinion I've being watching football a lot longer and have seen a lot more football than you and sure played a lot more football than you.

I was watching football long before you were born actually. So when I make up my mind on a player is when I've seen them play. Being such an expert on Pavlyuchenko you might be able to tell me what you think personally he will bring to us rather than waffling like you usually do.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #93: Nov 16, 2009 10:29:46 pm
      I remember there was a big argument about Johnson before we signed him too. Im not saying he will work out like Johnson. But if Rafa want him. Then get him.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #94: Nov 17, 2009 04:12:40 am
      Article seems doubtful, won't take this too seriously. No quotes from Rafa in the article and Pavlyuchenko's quotes are merely saying that he would consider leaving if he's not getting first team chances.

But in my opinion, Pavlyuchenko on a January loan deal doesn't seem too bad. No cost -- nothing to lose there, and he'd make a decent backup.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #95: Nov 17, 2009 06:18:48 am
      I'm sorry you don't get my examples I put it so easy a two year old could have understood it.  I'm well able to make up my own opinion I've being watching football a lot longer and have seen a lot more football than you and sure played a lot more football than you.

Your examples have nothing to do with Pavlyuchenko, buddy. And great stuff, just because your older your more entitled to an opinion.

Being such an expert on Pavlyuchenko you might be able to tell me what you think personally he will bring to us rather than waffling like you usually do.

I've never boasted about being an 'expert'.

But Pavlyuchenko would bring experience in back up, and someone who can win the aerial battle. Against lesser teams, sometimes its hard to forge a pass on the ground for Fernando.

Experience + height + a mean shot = valuable back up.

And no need to result to petty insults. We're all friends here.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #96: Nov 17, 2009 07:24:44 am
       I am of the opinion that Pavlyuchenko would be no more than a squad player,he has not set the world alight at Spurs so I see no reason to think that he would be any better at Anfield.We have enough players who are happy to sit on the bench and get well paid every week,we need players with the desire to take the game by the scruff of the neck and have the ability to change the course of the game.(and get us goals and 3 points)
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #97: Nov 17, 2009 07:28:56 am
      The Van Nistelrooy suggestion is a good one IMO. He's a proven goal sneak, but Pvlyuchenko No thanks, even though he's better than what we have excluding Torres and Ngog
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #98: Nov 17, 2009 11:51:51 am
      Sorry to go off topic but why would we want a horse face ex -Manc well in to his 30's to come in to our club??

It will be like Owen to United ...we all know what a great acquisition that was  ::)
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #99: Nov 17, 2009 12:28:09 pm
      I won't have horse-face playing for us. Rather than sign a has-been ex-Manc, might as well give our lads N'gog a chance. Or Voronin even.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #100: Nov 17, 2009 07:10:05 pm

I was watching football long before you were born actually. So when I make up my mind on a player is when I've seen them play. Being such an expert on Pavlyuchenko you might be able to tell me what you think personally he will bring to us rather than waffling like you usually do.

Age and experience has nothing to do with it. Don't go thinking that just because you are older you are right. Opinion can be made by anyone.
      Pavlyuchenko:

Spartak:  87 goals in 188 (1 goal every 2.16 games)
      Spurs: 15 goals in 39 (1 goal every 2.6 games)

I do believe that sh*t's all over Voronin's record, and that's as a non-regular as well.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #101: Nov 17, 2009 09:46:14 pm
      Pavlyuchenko:

Spartak:  87 goals in 188 (1 goal every 2.16 games)
      Spurs: 15 goals in 39 (1 goal every 2.6 games)

That's not  a bad scoring record actually.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2009 12:03:31 pm by Eem »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #102: Nov 17, 2009 11:12:45 pm
      bigYNWA you may look at what i said in my post i said I'VE watched football long enough to make up my OWN opinion, you may see on an earlier post if you look Crouchinho said I was using other people again to make up my opinion.

So I was defending myself I was talking about my own opinion and at no stage did I say my own opinion was better than anyones, you you've obviously read it wrong or picked it up wrong.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #103: Nov 17, 2009 11:19:47 pm
      Just make sure we get a fee agreed up front, in case he is a success on loan, or we face getting screwed in the market once again.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #104: Nov 18, 2009 10:55:49 pm
      bigYNWA you may look at what I said in my post I said I'VE watched football long enough to make up my OWN opinion, you may see on an earlier post if you look Crouchinho said I was using other people again to make up my opinion.

So I was defending myself I was talking about my own opinion and at no stage did I say my own opinion was better than anyones, you you've obviously read it wrong or picked it up wrong.

No you weren't. You said "watching football a lot longer than you" and "played alot more football than you" which to
      me is sounding like trying to say your opiinion means more. Not looking for an argument, but just directing you to what you said which to me looks like blatant one upsmanship.

Just because you think Roman may be a bad fit doesn't mean others can't say they think he'll be good. A lot of your posts here seem to be attacking anyone who thinks otherwise.

I think he would go well, just for the record ;)
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #105: Nov 18, 2009 11:15:32 pm
      I won't have horse-face playing for us. Rather than sign a has-been ex-Manc, might as well give our lads N'gog a chance. Or Voronin even.

Oh no Joe no Joe no.Just getting off to bed and now because of you I will have nightmares with the thoughts of Vronin in a Red shirt again.Oh Woe is me. :mad:
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #106: Nov 19, 2009 01:09:17 am
      I think he's sh*t personally
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #107: Nov 19, 2009 10:12:54 am
      Oh no Joe no Joe no.Just getting off to bed and now because of you I will have nightmares with the thoughts of Vronin in a Red shirt again.Oh Woe is me. :mad:

Won't be pleased to see Voronin in a Red shirt again either myself, but just stressing the point how badly I don't want Horse Face playing for LFC!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #108: Nov 19, 2009 05:25:08 pm
      Won't be pleased to see Voronin in a Red shirt again either myself, but just stressing the point how badly I don't want Horse Face playing for LFC!

You're saying it as if we've managed to offload him already, please tell me we have and I just haven't heard anything.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #109: Nov 22, 2009 12:43:51 am
      Now Russia are out of World Cup. I dont know if he is gonna try to play at his best or not, if we get him.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #110: Nov 22, 2009 11:41:31 am
      Now Russia are out of World Cup. I dont know if he is gonna try to play at his best or not, if we get him.

Good point.

Seeing as that's all he seemed to be bothered about.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #111: Nov 24, 2009 05:26:47 am
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #112: Nov 24, 2009 05:36:00 am
      We dont want to buy, we want to borrow.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #113: Nov 26, 2009 03:53:13 am
      All for pav and VDV
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #114: Nov 26, 2009 08:27:17 am
      Why would Spurs loan a player to a team in direct competition with them for a top 4 finish?

Quick Reply