Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Alonso - the reason Liverpool are losing

Read 13856 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Re: Why Liverpool are losing!
      Reply #69: Dec 20, 2009 05:28:05 pm
      calm down, it wasnt directed at you samylfc.

i just dont think hes gonna be the missing piece in the middle of the park to make us tick, keep posession and create chances which is what alonso did for us.

i so hope im wrong.

How many games have you actually seen Aquilani play then genius?

with 20 mil, Rafa shouldve brought in a player to replace alonso.

he hasnt which is why we are so poor.

aquilani is not good enough and rafa must go.

Tell me who we should of brought in as a replacement, seeing as we didn't even have the funds to go after the likes of Lee Catermole.

And before you start we haven't payed £20 million for Alberto yet, it's getting payed in instalments because our transfer budget also had to include contract extensions for players we already have!
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #70: Dec 20, 2009 05:29:29 pm
      And more importantly, of course he's F***ing good enough!!

Xabi had ONE good season after 2 very mediocre ones and everyone reacts like he's F***ing Pele!!
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #71: Dec 20, 2009 05:34:17 pm
      And more importantly, of course he's f**king good enough!!

Xabi had ONE good season after 2 very mediocre ones and everyone reacts like he's f**king Pele!!

:lmao: :lmao: Love the end of this post..

And before you start we haven't payed £20 million for Alberto yet, it's getting payed in instalments because our transfer budget also had to include contract extensions for players we already have!

Indeed thanks for reminding it to everyone, especially marcuk.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #72: Dec 20, 2009 06:34:57 pm

Xabi had ONE good season after 2 very mediocre ones and everyone reacts like he's F***ing Pele!!

You mean to tell he wasn't Pele ?

F**k me you'll be telling me The Easter Bunny &  Santa Claus do not exist next   :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #73: Dec 20, 2009 06:39:25 pm
      Liverpool fans often like to shout about how we are different from other clubs/fans. We always stick by our managers well see if that's true.

We take the piss out of other clubs like City and Newcastle who change managers as often as I change my boxies.

Its dead easy to support your manager when things are going well.

By and large we have been woeful this season. Does the manager have to take some responsibility for that - too right he does along with the players, owners and everyone else involved with the club.

But if you think I'm going to start calling for the head of Mr Benitez you can get to F**k.

He's earned our loyalty and is entitled to expect a bit of support when times are tough. Short F***ing memories some people.
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2009 06:48:34 pm by HUYTON RED »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #74: Dec 20, 2009 06:42:40 pm

We take the piss out of other clubs like City and Newcastle who change managers as often as I change my boxies.

Once every few months eh Huyton  :f_tongueincheek:

Liverpool fans often like to shout about how we are different from other clubs/fans. We always stick by our managers well see if that's true.

By and large we have been woeful this season. Does the manager have to take some responsibility for that - too right he does along with the players, owners and everyone else involved with the club.

But if you think I'm going to start calling for the head of Mr Benitez you can get to F**k.

He's earned our loyalty and is eentitled to expect a bit of support when times are tough. Short F***ing memories some people.

Seriously tho top post mate, especially the part in bold.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #75: Dec 20, 2009 06:49:13 pm
      I agree that Rafa WAS good for Liverpool, no doubt, but now simply "he isn't"
      I don't blame him for injuries or players' bad performance but only for his tactics which everybody arround the world is criticizing!

Would "everyone" be all the media that are calling for him? Tell me a manager who would do a vastly better job right now then eh? Mark Hughes, he's got some free time now? ::)

Oh, and simple answer to the topic question: We are not scoring enough goals ;) Kinda like the old famous reporter saying "Why did you win today?" and the reply being simply "We scored more than they did" :D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Alonso - the reason Liverpool are losing
      Reply #76: Dec 20, 2009 08:45:02 pm

He's earned our loyalty and is entitled to expect a bit of support when times are tough. Short F***ing memories some people.

Outstanding post.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #77: Dec 20, 2009 10:06:54 pm
      Personally, I don't think Alonso is the big reason we're playing poorly this season. Below are my reasons

Injuries poured in like rain.

Dodgy referee decisions helped the following games: Tottenham (Assou Ikotu penalty and red card (second yellow) not given), Villa (Voronin take down in the 18 yard box denied), Sunderland (Beach Ball), Arsenal (Gerrard Penalty) and Portsmouth (The first goal, the scorer was returning from an offside position and the red card). That is 15 points aided by poor questionable referee decisions.

The players are not psychologically in tune. The early champions League exit must have damaged something in them.

Rafa needs to set the team up to attack attack attack

We also need a new software that docks the players' salary by 50% if they lose or draw a game. I bet we will have straight wins. Right now, it is of no consequence to their income if they continue to go on a win-lose streak every week.

The Portsmouth players are not even getting paid regularly and they played like survival was not up for negotiation.
      Even so, those issues still happened over the last 5 years. We had Injury Issues, we still had bad calls against us, we had bad plays etc..

I fully 100% support Rafa. No question. All these Issues fall directly on the shoulders of the players. Thats it. Whether its physical,psychological whatever.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #78: Dec 20, 2009 11:17:33 pm
      Xabi Alonso was , and is , a great player , however the loss of one great player is no reason or excuse for the performance of the team this season ,we did have games when Xabi was injured and still played well and won !I believe the reason we are losing is deeper than this ,possibly personality clashes within the team ,or with Rafa ,I still support Rafa to get us out of this rut either by tactical methods,coaching , or january transfer action
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #79: Dec 20, 2009 11:52:10 pm
      Amazed that no ones mentioned that a poor pre-season & off the field troubles, which always inevitably lead to in the field troubles.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #80: Dec 21, 2009 12:03:28 am
      this system where regardless of results the players get paid the same is totally out of date and useless.players should be benched or even demoted to reserves then you will get there attention and better performances. any new players  contract coming  shoul be based on performance.liverpool coaches should grade players performance every game on a 1-10 if you get a 7 say your pay will increase.there are only about 2-3 players in that grading now
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #81: Dec 21, 2009 04:17:24 am
      i know there are all sorts of reasons for this years failures. but i want to throw this one into the mix. seeing we come so close to winning the premier league last year. i think the players put so much effort into that  emtionally and physically it has taken its toll this year
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #82: Dec 21, 2009 06:09:29 am
      About Alonso departure, Rafa has said that Liverpool managed to win match without Alonso, hasn't he?
      If Yanks to be blamed, why they offer contract extension for Rafa? And Rafa agreed?
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #83: Dec 21, 2009 07:05:52 am
      We had problems last season whenever Lucas was playing , if you look back to the last 12/15 games of last season when Lucas was took out we played some of the best football for years , I know Xavi was pulling the strings and he was going to be a massive loss  , so we had to replace him with a similar type of player to play from the off in august  not still waiting in December for Aquillani to make his mark , massive mistake on Rafas part and very naive to think Lucas had suddenly become this great player because it just wasn't going to happen not then not now not ever .
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #84: Dec 21, 2009 08:31:31 am
      Alonso left because of rafa and rafa should accept that it was his fault. Alonso left and leaves a big gap in the middle of the park. Thats one of the main reasons affecting our season and it's rafa's fault... Even albeloa we missing him. He'll not give us outstanding performances week in week out but his consistency and injury free nature was a great asset to liverpool... I'll go as far as 2 say he's a better player than johnson if every thing is considered... Price, performances, consistency, health..
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #85: Dec 21, 2009 09:23:07 am
      Even so, those issues still happened over the last 5 years. We had Injury Issues, we still had bad calls against us, we had bad plays etc..

I fully 100% support Rafa. No question. All these Issues fall directly on the shoulders of the players. Thats it. Whether its physical,psychological whatever.

Who picked the midfield of Dossena, Lucas, Masch, and Kuyt at the weekend?  Which of those did Rafa expect to provide creativity?  Which player did he think would put the fear into Portsmouth's team?  There's loyalty and there's myopic ignorance of what is going on at this club.  When did Liverpool become a team with a philosophy of stopping the opposition and hoping that we steal a goal, even when the oppostion is bottom of the league.  I've supported Rafa for the past five years, Liverpool for the past 27, but there comes a time when you have to say, his decisions are costing the club over and again.  His aversion to flair and creativity is making us very very dull to watch, and very very beatable. Rafa is making those decisions, not the Yanks.  Don't get me wrong, I despise those two idiots, but let's be objective about this, Rafa is not making the right decisions for the team.  Millions on a right back that can't defend, persistently picking a midfield absent of creativity, playing two holding midfielders over and over, (possibly) unsettling one of our most important players, playing a forward in right midfield because he works hard (ignoring his obvious shortcomings), playing defenders in midfield, loaning out Nemeth when we are desperately short of quality forwards and have a very injury-prone centre-forward, buying a midfielder that might only play 15 games per season...Let's be honest, these are worrying issues.

Would "everyone" be all the media that are calling for him? Tell me a manager who would do a vastly better job right now then eh? Mark Hughes, he's got some free time now? ::)

Oh, and simple answer to the topic question: We are not scoring enough goals ;) Kinda like the old famous reporter saying "Why did you win today?" and the reply being simply "We scored more than they did" :D

1) Guus Hiddink; 2) Jose Mouriniho; 3) Roy Hodgson; 4) Me...
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2009 09:33:24 am by ayrton77, Reason: Response should come after the quote, not before »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #86: Dec 21, 2009 12:36:55 pm
      I think Xabi loss to the team is massive and while I don't think losing 1 player should have this much effect on the team I think in Xabi case it has. Real are on fire at the moment and if you watch them everything is coming through Xabi.

Last Season Xabi was our best player everything came through him he ditated our whole game, himself and Masch were excellant in midfield. Xabi could slow down the game or speed it up with one quality pass.

Who I think is missing Xabi most is Gerrard and Torres he had the ability to get them the quick and accurate before the opposition had to time to regroup and thus they had more space. What is happening at the moment is we don't have someone to play that quick and accurate pass and thus Gerrard and Torres aren't getting the same space.

Anyone that doesn't see the loss that the sale Xabi has had to us is blind. I remember around Christmas last year looking at an Opta Rating on most complete passes in the Premiership Xabi was over 1000 the next closest to him was Scholes on 800.

Would we be in as bad a position if Xabi was here I actually think we would be competing at the top, Xabi was that important.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #87: Dec 21, 2009 12:42:04 pm
      i think we have missed Arbeloa just as much if not more he was solid last season !
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #88: Dec 21, 2009 12:46:04 pm
      That is rubbish Alonso was senational last season Arbeloa was solid. Johnson is better than Arbeloa, we have not been able to replace Xabi.
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #89: Dec 21, 2009 12:51:36 pm
      rubbish..

we have lucas.. he's one of the top 5 midfielders in the league according to the opta stats.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,337 posts | 2864 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #90: Dec 21, 2009 12:54:13 pm
      If our fall from last season is simply down to Alonso being sold well then I tell ye what he is the best player of all time hes Dalglish times 10!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #91: Dec 21, 2009 12:57:40 pm
      What is rubbish Xabi is one of the best in Europe at what he does if not the best, that is why Real went all out to buy him. Xabi was our best player last season he won the player of the year on here. Real are flying with Xabi ditating everything at the moment there.

Xabi provided creativity to the team something we haven't got this season. Will you explain to me what is rubbish about that.

Quick Reply