Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Former Liverpool star slams 'diabolical' Torres

Read 12272 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Former Liverpool star slams 'diabolical' Torres
      Reply #69: Sep 14, 2010 01:16:57 pm
      A journo in the mirror or the star is having the same pop today

No better way to ram it down there throats then bang in a winner on Sunday our kid!!!
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #70: Sep 14, 2010 01:56:11 pm
      He has been a bit off colour since he had his locks chopped off. His missus isnt called Delilah by any chance is she?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #71: Sep 14, 2010 03:10:53 pm
      If the manager lines-up the players properly, Torres will function well. Redknapp can go suck on a lemon.

Gerrard Miereles

Babel                 Jovanovic

Cole
                              Torres

Redknapp and the injured birmingham striker were talking to please Sky.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #72: Sep 14, 2010 03:12:46 pm
      He's very predictable is Jamie. Lets have it right, he was at the very forefront of the public persecution of our previous manager and was just as vocal when it came to our current press-appointed manager getting the job, so following Sunday's woeful performance he's hardly going to criticise the team on the whole is he, no, of course not, he targets the Spanish lad signed by our previous manager..

He's gone, Jamie - you got your way, you won...
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #73: Sep 14, 2010 03:52:00 pm
      Redknapp gets paid for his opinions - you don't. Who's laughing now?

Me, because I'm not a c**t.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #74: Sep 14, 2010 05:43:27 pm

Debatable ;) Only kidding.

Just because he played for us, the media take his word as valid opinion as if he is some F***ing know it all. He's a trash talking c**t who i wish never F***ing played for us. He can go suck his dad off.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #75: Sep 14, 2010 05:51:59 pm
      I'm so glad I don't have Sky anymore so I avoid a*******s like Redknapp.

Like most of the so called experts on TV and radio I don't take his opinions seriously as they usually don't know what they are talking about or have some other agenda when they make comments like this.

Ignore him!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #76: Sep 14, 2010 05:56:48 pm
      People are acting like he has been dreadful for months? It's one game and I thought he was the reason we won the West Brom game....I just think this is over reaction of the media and them just trying to create a story out of nothing!
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #77: Sep 14, 2010 06:05:44 pm
      Out of all our players, Torres is the one that gets picked on?

What about Poulsen?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #78: Sep 14, 2010 06:09:39 pm

What about Poulsen?

Because they all know that Nando is probably the best player in the Premier League in terms of ability and his lethal cutting edge can turn a game upside down be it from distance or ghosting past the whole defence. Over the last few years we have become more and more hated by neutrals and other clubs for some pathetic reason so they will look for the most successful player at the club in recent seasons and pick holes in him.

But let people slate Nando until the cows come home because we all know who will be having the last laugh.
      SaveLiverpoolFC
      • Banned

• 374 posts | 19 
      Reply #79: Sep 14, 2010 06:11:36 pm

What about Poulsen?

Jamie's friend bought Poulsen, ofcourse.
      SaveLiverpoolFC
      • Banned

• 374 posts | 19 
      Reply #80: Sep 14, 2010 06:13:18 pm
      He's very predictable is Jamie. Lets have it right, he was at the very forefront of the public persecution of our previous manager and was just as vocal when it came to our current press-appointed manager getting the job, so following Sunday's woeful performance he's hardly going to criticise the team on the whole is he, no, of course not, he targets the Spanish lad signed by our previous manager..

He's gone, Jamie - you got your way, you won...

One thing I'd like about fan ownership is maybe we could issue life bans from Anfield  to scumbags like Jamie Pantscrapp.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #81: Sep 14, 2010 10:42:41 pm
      Fact is the team should be built around Torres, and set up to make sure he gets a good supply of the ball, not just long hoofs down field for him to compete for with 2 or 3 defenders.
      Has Jamie forgot how the game is played?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #82: Sep 14, 2010 10:48:58 pm
      Jamie Redknapp=pr**k
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #83: Sep 14, 2010 10:58:14 pm
      Fact is the team should be built around Torres, and set up to make sure he gets a good supply of the ball, not just long hoofs down field for him to compete for with 2 or 3 defenders.
      Has Jamie forgot how the game is played?
      Agreed and I think Hodgson also agrees. Now we have Meireles available and Cole back from suspension, Roy suddenly has far more options and I would hope he'll be able to start putting his ideas into place.
      I know this isn't the Roy Hodgson thread but I think the reason he seems to be so similar in his tactics to Rafa may simply be that he was letting the players play in a familiar system to start with before gradually introducing new players / systems. It would make sense that whatever system he chooses, it would be focused towards key players such as Torres.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #84: Sep 14, 2010 10:59:24 pm
      Agreed and I think Hodgson also agrees. Now we have Meireles available and Cole back from suspension, Roy suddenly has far more options and I would hope he'll be able to start putting his ideas into place.
      I know this isn't the Roy Hodgson thread but I think the reason he seems to be so similar in his tactics to Rafa may simply be that he was letting the players play in a familiar system to start with before gradually introducing new players / systems. It would make sense that whatever system he chooses, it would be focused towards key players such as Torres.
      Hope you're right mate!
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #85: Sep 14, 2010 11:28:19 pm
       Jamie Redknapp was never a good footballer.He is a sh*t pundit always slating Liverpool.F**k of back to the beach,and try a course in acting dont be criticizing our players.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #86: Sep 15, 2010 02:08:28 pm
      everytime redknapp opens his mouth, I wanna shove a grenade in it.I believe he does simply read off a sky autocue everytime he gets asked a question about liverpool.

torres was well below par, but there were a number of reasons (not being interested is not one of them).

fitness - he's not had enough games to regain it since his world cup injury

supply - the man was so reliant on gerrard's threaded balls. wide players would help. cole is an obvious one and I'd play kuyt rather then maxi. I can't remember the last time maxi crossed anything. merieles should help also. johnson or konchesky didnt get enough crosses in either, that will improve

not enough support - playing as lone striker when ure the best in the world is not easy. he had 2/3 defenders on him everytime he got the ball. either play stevie as a very advanced support or a second striker (of course, we dont have a second striker)

redknapp's point about not being interested or not trying hard enough is so wide off the mark.

Quick Reply