Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Is the league still possible?

Read 12260 times
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Re: Is the league still possible?
      Reply #115: Jan 12, 2010 07:06:27 pm
      God is a scouser mate.. you never heard of The Beatles?  ;D
      :lmao: ofcourse I've heard of them and tried to listen to their music.
      Dont see Drogba Tevez Rooney Lampard or Fabregas anywhere in that list
      Is this list a wholy thing, I wonder?
      He has a long way to go yet to match some of our past best!
      If you wanna talk about the past then you can post a thread for that!
      Hello! Didn't you celebrate 2010 yet?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #116: Jan 12, 2010 07:07:52 pm
      Tevez has 38 goals in 108 appearances - and that's goals in cup competition and Europe!

Rooney scored his first 50 league goals in over 100 appearances

Drogba scored his 50 league goals in 112 appearances

*I have only considered his goals since he went to Utd to level the playing field as Torres came to the league after his first few season at Atletico.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,332 posts | 774 
      Reply #117: Jan 12, 2010 07:10:00 pm
      Is the league still possible? No! This is just my honest opinion. Although would love to be proved wrong
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #118: Jan 12, 2010 07:10:50 pm
      The league is still possible, mathematically. Realistically I can't see us winning it, but the other title contenders are dropping points so it's not impossible.

Hold it right there, pinkums. Guardiola inherited a team who were massively underachieving. He was given a team with Henry, Messi, Eto'o, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol etc. A team full to the brim of quality and some of the best players in the world. It's amazing that they weren't winning eveything on the table. Rijkaard was doing, frankly, a sh*te job there if he couldn't win everything with that team.

And the rest of that post is bollocks, just to let you know.
      You contradicted yourself buddy, How can the rest be bollocks when you admit that the Barcelona team is so great? You've proven what I'm talking about but I just don't know if it hurts you to say "you're right, I agree with you"
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #119: Jan 12, 2010 07:13:19 pm
      You contradicted yourself buddy, How can the rest be bollocks when you admit that the Barcelona team is so great? You've proven what I'm talking about but I just don't know if it hurts you to say "you're right, I agree with you"

Er, he said they were quality but massively underachieving. It took a new manager to come in and freshen up the place to get the best out of them.

Which he hasn't with Henry, anyway, and didn't with Eto'o.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #120: Jan 12, 2010 07:20:42 pm
      Robbie Fowler? The Toxteth Terror? God is a Scouser!

And get your head out of your arse, would ye?

Reina is twice each of those keepers.

Carra said he wouldn't break it because they formed a partnership already. Not based on individual talent.

Gerrard > Lumpy Frank and Fabregas

Torres >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any other f**king striker in the league.

And Guardiola? Best manager? Alright buddy.
      If Reina is twice as these goalkeepers, as you say, then why to play a defensive formation all the time? I mean with two keepers playing then 3 defenders are more than enough. Another thing, why is Reina a substitute in the spain formation? that means Cassillas is 3 keepers or more and Spain should play with 2 defenders.
      Carragher is the best defender in the world, I agree, but who I'm I or you? I don't think Capello agrees.
      Torres and Gerrard are massive, are they enough? I think the first half of the season already proved my point here.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #121: Jan 12, 2010 07:26:50 pm
      If Reina is twice as these goalkeepers, as you say, then why to play a defensive formation all the time? I mean with two keepers playing then 3 defenders are more than enough. Another thing, why is Reina a substitute in the spain formation? that means Cassillas is 3 keepers or more and Spain should play with 2 defenders.
      Carragher is the best defender in the world, I agree, but who I'm I or you? I don't think Capello agrees.
      Torres and Gerrard are massive, are they enough? I think the first half of the season already proved my point here.

I have no idea what point your making. Not for the first time.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #122: Jan 12, 2010 07:31:50 pm
      50 goals - 72 league appearances.

And smoke it.
      Come on! we both know that he is our lone striker. Had he have a partner he would've shared him some goals. When Torres, half-human half-god, got injured we got f*cked, is that what you're trying to tell me?
      I have no idea what point your making. Not for the first time.
      Cultural Clash  ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #123: Jan 12, 2010 07:34:27 pm
      Come on! we both know that he is our lone striker. Had he have a partner he would've shared him some goals. When Torres, half-human half-god, got injured we got f*cked, is that what you're trying to tell me?

I knew your real side would come out after the droll you dished out about 'supporting the side' ::)

Who gives a F**k what system we play? He gets the opportunity, he scores. 4th best in the league's history. Fact and finished.

And no we're not fu**ed. We have David Ngog. It's a point i kept making when Van Nistelrooy was being linked to the club as i wasn't in favour of him coming because Ngog is good enough.

And wtf does that have to do with him being better than Drogba, Rooney and Tevez combined?
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #124: Jan 12, 2010 08:22:57 pm
      Lets give the accountants what they want....fourth place. Anything above that is a bonus but until we can't win it ...we must have the vision to believe we can
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #125: Jan 12, 2010 08:39:10 pm
      I've read all the posts above and realized that some fans think our current team is like "Barcelona" last season. Even if you put Barcelona in our place with Guardiola (The Best Manager of all time with 6 Trophies in 1 year) in charge he will not guarantee a top 2 finish!

We have Torres, but other teams have Drogba, Tevez, Rooney and I bet they are as good as Torres.
      We have Gerrard, but other teams have Lampard, Fabregas.
      We have Mascherano, they have Essien and others.
      We have Carragher, they have TERRY & FERDINAND (Carragher himself admitted he is no better to break into the national team)
      We have Reina who is the best, but Van Der Sar, Cech and Given are not bad!

We have Rafa, they have Ancelotti and Ferguson and the miraculous Wenger

How the hell you expect us to win while they lose which is the only way to reach the top?! Certainly if this happens, God is a scouser!

MoAb.

Ive stopped being funny about you and I really do not want any more personal emails from you.

In the nicest possible way with the greatest respect

F    OFF !

(Please)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #126: Jan 12, 2010 08:47:36 pm
      Would be delighted if we finished 4th to be honest, City are starting to look strong under Mancini.

Will we win the league, we still mathematically can but of course we won't. What is it the bookies giving 60/1 or something. Jaysus I would love it to happen but we have being awful this season and can't see us going on a 10 game winning streak.

You can be a fan and be a realist as well. Would prefer the realist to be honest, they can see things the way they are rather than letting there judgement be clouded just because it is Liverpool. Fazza would celebrate winning the league this season as much as anyone on here but he knows this isn't going to be our season that doesn't make him any less a fan then someone that says we can still win the league.  

Stoke is important on Saturday and to be honest barring the Villa match wouldn't be to confident beating them.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #127: Jan 12, 2010 10:26:46 pm
      I knew your real side would come out after the droll you dished out about 'supporting the side' ::)
      I guess you knew what you wanted to believe. I don't say "We're gonna win the league" then we finish 2nd and I start making excuses like "f**k the owners, f**k the referees" and so on. I pray we celebrate together by the end of the season but if that didn't happen, many will be shocked and will start making apologies. We had tough times this season so it's not a disgrace if we finish 4th.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #128: Jan 12, 2010 10:37:32 pm
      If you think your dirty mouth will gain you popularity then go ahead, I guess it's working.
      I sent emails to respected people, sorry I included you.
      I promise I will not offense your dirtiness any more.
      If you want me to leave, here is a piece of advice, I only leave when I hear a dog barking.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #129: Jan 12, 2010 10:40:04 pm
      If you think your dirty mouth will gain you popularity then go ahead, I guess it's working.
      I sent emails to respected people, sorry I included you.
      I promise I will not offense your dirtiness any more.
      If you want me to leave, here is a piece of advice, I only leave when I hear a dog barking.

WOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOF

You get the picture.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #130: Jan 12, 2010 10:41:15 pm

You can be a fan and be a realist as well. Would prefer the realist to be honest, they can see things the way they are rather than letting there judgement be clouded just because it is Liverpool. Fazza would celebrate winning the league this season as much as anyone on here but he knows this isn't going to be our season that doesn't make him any less a fan then someone that says we can still win the league. 

Good point mate. We'll celebrate hopefully after claiming the Europa League.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #131: Jan 12, 2010 10:47:49 pm
      Would be delighted if we finished 4th to be honest, City are starting to look strong under Mancini.

Will we win the league, we still mathematically can but of course we won't. What is it the bookies giving 60/1 or something. Jaysus I would love it to happen but we have being awful this season and can't see us going on a 10 game winning streak.

Stoke is important on Saturday and to be honest barring the Villa match wouldn't be to confident beating them.

Nobody has said that mate. I think you'll find the only person to mention that was Fazza himself, when he said it with regards to fans who are claiming there is still a chance of us winning the league.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #132: Jan 12, 2010 10:52:31 pm
      Well done Crouchinho, let's direct these amazing and quick efforts at the owners. Them leaving is far better for the club. I bet if you locals can gather 1 thousand dogs to bark at H&G then it will absolutely attract the media.  ;)
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #133: Jan 12, 2010 11:46:54 pm
      :lmao: ofcourse I've heard of them and tried to listen to their music.
      Is this list a wholy thing, I wonder?

To be honest if your knowledge of football is anything to go by.. I dont expect you to have any knowledge about the history of 20th century music!  might aswell  :mad:
      well dull boy I'll leave you to your delusional narrow mind..

have a great day!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #134: Jan 13, 2010 12:25:01 am
      Well done Crouchinho, let's direct these amazing and quick efforts at the owners. Them leaving is far better for the club. I bet if you locals can gather 1 thousand dogs to bark at H&G then it will absolutely attract the media.  ;)

It would only take one. I know it.

The league is always possible, as long as injuries and luck permits. I always expect us to win every game we play, so why not?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #135: Jan 13, 2010 05:04:21 am

You really are a nutcase!

You said he was the best manager of all time, not just currently, so I had every right to compare him to whoever the F**k I wanted.

You maybe want to think about what you're posting before to actually do so, as so far you're only managing to show yourself up as clueless. And a dick.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #136: Jan 13, 2010 06:40:08 am

No mate. You said Fabregas and Fat Frank we as good as Gerrard. That's bollocks.
      You said Tevez, Drogba and Rooney are as good as Torres. That's bollocks.
      You said Cech, van der Sar and Given are close to Pepe's level. Yeah, true, if Reina had no F***ing legs.

Add that to what you said about Guardiola and give it a big old stir, what's the result?

BOLLOCKS!! Hurrah.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #137: Jan 13, 2010 09:28:34 am
      Nobody has said that mate. I think you'll find the only person to mention that was Fazza himself, when he said it with regards to fans who are claiming there is still a chance of us winning the league.

I made the point that it doesn't make me any less of a fan just because I have my head screwed on and no we won't win the league this season, I didn't say aybody had actually said that.

Look at it from this point of view, Chelsea are 12 points ahead of us right now, call it 13 points if you take goal difference into consideration, So that means Chelsea HAVE to slip up atleast 5 times from now till the end of the season.

Then, Liverpool have to capitalize on that too, pretty much winning every single game we have left to play. I've said in previous posts that IMO, we would have to win probably 16 out of our 18 left to clinch the title.

And that is only if no other team out of, Utd, Arsenal and at the moment maybe City, all drop points too.

Now, hand on heart, being totally honest, do you think all that is possible? Ofcourse it isn't impossible, but its not impossible that Birmingham City will win the league either, Its not impossible that Everton, Stoke, even Portsmouth can win the league this season, but its daft talking about it, and i think its daft when our name is brought into it too.

For me, although im bound to get absolutely slated for this, i find it abit cringey and abit embarassing that alot of reds are still talking about winning the league this season. Like a handfull of people on here have already said, and which i agree, 4th place would be a good achievement this season after all the s'hite luck we've had and the poor start we've made. To be honest, I'm s'hitting myself that we may even finish outside the top 6. I don't think we will, but i find that ALOT more likely than winning the league.

I agree that peoples judgment have been clouded because its their club, its our club, Liverpool fc, in the position were in. Nobody wants to be written off in mid January and everybody wants to keep this never give in type attitude. Ofcourse we never give in, but there has to be a time where people say right ok, the goalposts have moved, lets look at what we can do/win now instead of talking absolute rubbish about winning the league which we all no we bloody won't. Its just frustrating seeing people still going on about it.

Quick Reply