Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Is the league still possible?

Read 12259 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Is the league still possible?
      Jan 10, 2010 07:54:06 pm
      Dont know if the weather is making me silly but Ive been thinking since last night that we can still win this title. Noboby else seems to want to win it with the 3 main contenders all dropping points on a fairly reqular basis. If we beat the top 3 and they take points off each other then there isnt much in it. However it would still depend on our lads putting a big run of wins together. But surely there is a winning streak to come after a very poor five months to date.

We have under Rafa done very well in the second half of the season so who knows whats to come. Hand on heart Id say no its too much of an ask but maybe just maybe we arent out of it yet and all this "will we get 4th" talk become "can we win it" talk!

Heres hoping!
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Re: Is the league still possible?
      Reply #1: Jan 10, 2010 07:57:59 pm
      Yes we do have a chance, although its unlikely its still possible if we win pretty much all our games. Especially if everyone keeps dropping points as they have already this year.
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #2: Jan 10, 2010 07:59:44 pm
      Not a 'snowballs'..........sorry, couldnt resist!
      IMHO 4th place would be a major acheivement this season (though i admire your positive attitude)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: Jan 10, 2010 08:01:00 pm
      I've never believed we were out of it to be honest and I wont until its clear mathematically that we can not win it, it may be optimism, it may be blind faith, it may be relying on the others above to drop us points, how ever until I hear Michelle McManus singing its never over. :)
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Jan 10, 2010 08:03:22 pm
      IMHO 4th place would be a major acheivement this season (though I admire your positive attitude)
      I think if we get our act together then 4th shouldn't be too much of a challenge, i mean come on, we have lost more games away from home than we have won away so far this season.
      idwLFC89
      • Banned

• 252 posts | 11 
      Reply #5: Jan 10, 2010 08:05:08 pm
      You never know what will happen if teams keep dropping points, but we have to depend on that happen in order to win it, and right now things look bleek. reguardless, every week i'll be supporting liverpool
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #6: Jan 10, 2010 08:05:33 pm
      Theres a chance yeah. But its a real long shot. Like a reeeeaaal big long shot.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,296 posts | 940 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7: Jan 10, 2010 08:14:35 pm
      Wake up please we can't even put a lower league team who are manager less and on a bad run of form in the only cup we have a chance of winning
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #8: Jan 10, 2010 08:17:22 pm
      I think if we get our act together then 4th shouldn't be too much of a challenge, I mean come on, we have lost more games away from home than we have won away so far this season.
      Rodrigues could be a key player if/when he gets here!  Aquilani is now supposedly fit, so heres hoping.  My worry with 4th place is that one or two of the 'other' teams are now getting a sniff
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9: Jan 10, 2010 08:20:02 pm
      Wake up please we can't even put a lower league team who are manager less and on a bad run of form in the only cup we have a chance of winning

That's not the question is it, excuse us for just being a little bit optimistic. None of us really see it as possible realistically, but technically it is still. Manure lost to Leeds yet they could still go on and win the title, so your reasoning was pretty silly.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #10: Jan 10, 2010 08:21:49 pm
      Amid all the doom so far no one else has grasped it yet ,with that in mind if all our top guns got their act together and we have a fair run on the injury front i would say it could get very interesting.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #11: Jan 10, 2010 08:23:52 pm
      We would have to go on an absolutely brilliant run whilst probably beating all the teams that occupy places above us currently.

Indeed.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,296 posts | 940 
      Reply #12: Jan 10, 2010 08:24:24 pm
      Surely it's not optimism but realism, we are no wear near good enough plain as.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #13: Jan 10, 2010 08:25:51 pm

It's pessimism.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #14: Jan 10, 2010 08:28:44 pm
      Just possible but unlikely.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15: Jan 10, 2010 08:29:14 pm

Agreed our form to date has been anything near good enough. But thats why I said we need to put a good run together and surely our form has to improve.
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #16: Jan 10, 2010 08:29:44 pm
      Any success this season will need the whole team to become a lot more resilient, they look very fragile at the moment.  
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #17: Jan 10, 2010 08:39:43 pm
      I think it's about mentality for now, we played very good the last time and created chances and the most important thing is that we not only won the game but also the 2nd half which I consider vital for our confidence.
      Hopefully the lads win over Tottenham and then we can seriously talk about more than 4th spot because it will be the 3rd successive win and the team will have more faith altogether.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,296 posts | 940 
      Reply #18: Jan 10, 2010 08:51:38 pm
      I think it's about mentality for now, we played very good the last time and created chances and the most important thing is that we not only won the game but also the 2nd half which I consider vital for our confidence.
      Hopefully the lads win over Tottenham and then we can seriously talk about more than 4th spot because it will be the 3rd successive win and the team will have more faith altogether.
      Think you are right it must be a mental problem as the team ain't that much differant. But mentally we are very fragile just look at the reaction every time we coincide a goal, the faces when Johnson scored that own goal. You could physically see the confidence drain out of the players
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #19: Jan 10, 2010 09:06:55 pm
      I think it's all about 4th place this year but you never know.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #20: Jan 10, 2010 09:09:09 pm
      Lets just go out and nail 4th place first, and then see where that takes us.
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #21: Jan 10, 2010 09:11:11 pm
      Can I ask something quickly?

I am coming to my first game against Bolton and I am aware its easy to get a bus from queen square to the game. Is it simple to get a bus back after the game as well?

Thanks
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #22: Jan 10, 2010 09:17:49 pm
      Lets just say it would be the single handstly most amazing comeback ever to happen in football

Quick Reply