Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Relying on free transfers/loan signings to salvage our season.

Read 1224 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Relying on free transfers/loan signings to salvage our season.
      Jan 14, 2010 03:59:12 pm
      So once more the Rafa debate is raging in full flow with people looking to proportion their share of the blame on the appropriate shoulders.

Now lets step back a little folks and look at things in perspective.

People are criticising Rafas transfer policy, this is a man who has brought us players such as Mascherano, Torres, Johnson, Aquilani, Agger, Skrtel, Benayoun etc on a yearly average transfer net spend of little over 12 million per season.

So If were going to lay blame at Rafa's door for his nouse in the transfer market, should we not be looking beyond that and look at the people who are restricting him, Come on People wake the F**k up.

We are Liverpool FC we should not be getting excited/depending on free transfers/loan signings to come in and salvage our season ffs we are a Globally renowned European powerhouse.

So who must take the blame for this ?

Rafa Benitez for spending the big fat 0 he got from our owners in the summer and again during this transfer window ?

Or do we look beyond that and look at the owners who heaped debt on the club and broke promises of money being made available for world class players ?

Bearing in mind these two have just recently sold sporting enterprises themselves for a combined price of somewhere in the region of $600 million dollars, yet they do not see our proud traditional club worthy of investment ?

Get real people these two don't want to invest in Liverpool FC, they want to pay off the debt they heaped on Liverpool FC, with out using their own money even if that means robbing us of a transfer budget, so they can repay the loans they used to buy the club.

All they are doing is raping our club of Champions League/Premier League/Domestic Cup revenue, Merchandising revenue, TV revenue, Gate revenue etc etc. Then looking to solve the problems they have created by bringing in loan signings and free transfers to try and protect their the banks/ fans investment as we are the ones who are ultimately paying for the purchase of the club for them.

They are looking for maximum return on their profit for very little outlay and were calling for the managers head ?

A manager who cares enough to stick around, trying to land us the holy grail we all covet with one hand tied behind his back, whilst putting up with this sh*t ?

I'm sorry but Liverpool FC should never have to be relying on free transfers/loan players no matter how good they are to salvage to our season, Our owners should be investing enough money in the squad to keep us competitive so if we are going to start pointing the finger of blame then it should start right at the very F***ing top where all our problems are emanating from.

gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Re: Relying on free transfers/loan signings to salvage our season.
      Reply #1: Jan 14, 2010 04:02:23 pm
      Well said mate and your absolutely right. Get the Yanks out.
      Dangerich
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #2: Jan 14, 2010 04:07:24 pm

Yanks out, Season not helped by having upwards of £120 million of talent injured or recovering. Its time for unity and consolidation, and good old fashioned LFC YNWA!!
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 14, 2010 04:08:49 pm
      Forget about the summer, we need another striker fast. Torres is out for four weeks and probably another two in order to gain his fitness.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4: Jan 14, 2010 04:11:32 pm
      I agree with you LFCBLOOD, however to not beat Reading in two atteempts is not the fault of the two yanks but the fault of the 14 men that took the field and the management.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Jan 14, 2010 05:19:24 pm
      I agree with you LFCBLOOD, however to not beat Reading in two atteempts is not the fault of the two yanks but the fault of the 14 men that took the field and the management.

I don't Disagree mate but the lack of investment over 4 transfer windows is getting a real cause for concern we are Liverpool FC and we are operating under a sell to buy policy so they can pay of their debts even after both receiving cash windfalls in excess of $300 million each, we are up the proverbial shits creek with out a paddle mate and these fuckers won't even invest a penny/cent to save us.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: Jan 14, 2010 05:34:59 pm
      I don't Disagree mate but the lack of investment over 4 transfer windows is getting a real cause for concern we are Liverpool FC and we are operating under a sell to buy policy so they can pay of their debts even after both receiving cash windfalls in excess of $300 million each, we are up the proverbial shits creek with out a paddle mate and these fuckers won't even invest a penny/cent to save us.

I know mate, I think it is worse than a sell to buy policy, we didn't even spend what we recouped in the summer window or the previous January window, and so far this transfer window we have recouped 6.5M and havent spent a penny of that as Maxi was a free transfer, OK his wages, but Voronin and Dossena are off the payroll. I reckon the sale of Babel is off the cards now with Torres being out injured, but otherwise I bet we would have sold him and spent about a third of the sale price.

We should still have 6.5M to spend, plus money from whoever else we sell. We will see, but I doubt we will see all of that.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #7: Jan 14, 2010 05:44:48 pm
      This guy is spot-on with what he said. Fair enough Rafa has made some decisions that leaves people scratching their heads, but so would all managers if they were at a club for five years. The main problem at this club is the owners who couldn't give a shiney s**t about us.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Jan 14, 2010 05:47:58 pm
      We will see how good the owners are now, they have a simple choice either they provide the funds to get a striker in now whether on loan or not or Liverpool will not be in the Champions League next season.

The simple fact is Ngog is not good enough at the moment to be leading the line for a team challeging for the top 4. It is a simple choice either stump up the money now or don't budget for Champions League money next season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Jan 14, 2010 05:52:33 pm
      We will see how good the owners are now, they have a simple choice either they provide the funds to get a striker in now whether on loan or not or Liverpool will not be in the Champions League next season.

The simple fact is Ngog is not good enough at the moment to be leading the line for a team challeging for the top 4. It is a simple choice either stump up the money now or don't budget for Champions League money next season.

Agree with all that mate, given our circumstances the best way to protect there investment is to actually invest in it, however I can not really see that happening but I'll wait until the transfer window has closed with baited breath.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Jan 14, 2010 05:57:12 pm
      It has to happen it is the most stupid business decision I've ever seen never mind football decision. It is simple come up with £10 million now and probably make £50 million from revenue if they qualify for the Champions League.

F**k me I'm not an accountant but if these 2 clowns go along them lines they are actually stupid business men.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Jan 14, 2010 06:00:37 pm
      Well the same could have been said about building on last season's success and actually being pro-active in the market, could you imagine the kind of impact a player (s) such as Silva, Mata could have brought to the club and considering the wings is one of our problematic areas maybe 35 million would have brought these two in ?

They'd have quite possibly made that investment back within two/three years in shirt sales alone especially Silva (7)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #12: Jan 14, 2010 06:34:35 pm
      Just a thought but have any of you ever stopped to think that Rafa may be compliant in all this?

Bear with me here but it could just be a possibility that Rafa is a willing participant in this penny pinching. Let's look at the evidence:

Both Rafa and Purslow are on record saying how well they work together and how much they appreciate each other's role. We have been informed that they "have very specific plans that" they "work to and stick to". Purslow tells us how important it is to reduce our debt in order to attract new investment and Rafa has also 'told' us "One of the priorities this year was to reduce the debt".

Make of this what you will but it seems to me that some of us (in this instance/transfer window) may be missing the obvious. That is, Rafa's hands aren't being tied without his consent.

Why?.....Well the optimist in me likes to think it's because he's been promised that brighter times are just around the corner. I certainly hope so but like i say; make of it what you will.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13: Jan 14, 2010 09:18:59 pm
      Just a thought but have any of you ever stopped to think that Rafa may be compliant in all this?

I know what you are saying mate as I can actually remember Rafa coming out saying he was totally aware of what would be happening r.e reducing our debts etc before signing his new contract and he then stated that the best interests of the club had to come first.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #14: Jan 15, 2010 11:09:09 am
      If we have to rely on free transfers, we haven't started of badly by getting Maxi on a free ;D I do agree, however, that a club of Liverpools magnitude should not have to rely on free-loan transfers. Cheers Yank wa**s  :-\

Quick Reply