Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Wolves 0-0 Liverpool: Post Match

Read 28399 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: Wolves 0-0 Liverpool: Post Match
      Reply #161: Jan 26, 2010 10:56:35 pm
      Just read a bit on the website.

Saving face?

Taking the f***in piss more like.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #162: Jan 26, 2010 10:57:31 pm
      I suffer from Insomnia, so will probably watch the game on football first.  sounds as though I may get a good nights sleep at last!

Aqualani on the bench after Spurs game ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Gerrard plays a full 90 after a two week lay off ??? ??? ???

Rafas post match interview ??? ??? ??? I'm still backing him, but he's messed with my head tonight
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #163: Jan 26, 2010 10:58:16 pm
      Aquilani should start over gerrard!

Specially at bolton

I don't care what you think but gerrard looked like he wasn't even the worlds best english midfielder tonight
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #164: Jan 26, 2010 10:59:13 pm
      Ya thought his post match interview was a complete joke, he said Aquilani didn't start because it was between him and Gerrard. So is he telling us he spent £20 million on a replacement for Gerrard rather than Alonso. Madness that is what that is.

Rafa says the same sh*te every week he obviously doesn't know what is wrong or he would change it. Our midfield is wrong that is just for starters, we don't need 2 defensive midfielders against teams like Wolves F**k sake a Sunday League side manager would see that.
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #165: Jan 26, 2010 11:00:50 pm
      Rafa's post-match interview was shocking!
      "We didn't create chances,but we were controlling the game"..."at least we kept our clean sheet"- Someone give me the F***ing gun I cant take it anymore!And help me decide should I shoot Rafa or myself!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #166: Jan 26, 2010 11:01:08 pm
      Rafa says the same sh*te every week he obviously doesn't know what is wrong or he would change it. Our midfield is wrong that is just for starters, we don't need 2 defensive midfielders against teams like Wolves F**k sake a Sunday League side manager would see that.

Stevie Wonder would see that.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #167: Jan 26, 2010 11:02:19 pm
      Didn't I say aaaages ago that Rafa would say we were controlling the game? He says it every week. He'd say it if we got beat 5-0. He just doesn't 'do' interviews.
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #168: Jan 26, 2010 11:07:18 pm
      FFS RAFA ATTACK!!!!!

2 holding midfielders against Wolves!!!???  We only need one, if that. Why not go at them and give them something to worry about instead of trying to stop them play?

I'd rather have Owen Coyle as manager
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,310 posts | 768 
      Reply #169: Jan 26, 2010 11:07:47 pm
      Very poor game between two poor sides on the night, difficult to tell which one was near the relegation zone. Both sides lacked idea in attack, looked a 0-0 draw from the onset. Too defensive too negative one step forward two steps back.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #170: Jan 26, 2010 11:08:19 pm
      Who gives a F**k if we control a game if we don't create any chances, I've heard this way to much this season does Rafa not realise football is about scoring goals not passing 3 yards sideway passes in midfield before playing it back to your centre half who sees can he kick it out of the ground.

Rafa is starting to worry me a bit his interviews are starting to remind me a bit of Houlliers in his last season her.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #171: Jan 26, 2010 11:16:41 pm
      passionless display plan b play like amatuers it doesnt matter we get the same wages. pathectic woefull display gerrad should have been the sub when was the last time he had a good game. if torres was watching this game he must be shaking his head and saying why i am playing for liverpool. pity the poor people paying top money to weatch crap like this
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #172: Jan 26, 2010 11:18:23 pm
      Who gives a F**k if we control a game if we don't create any chances, I've heard this way to much this season does Rafa not realise football is about scoring goals not passing 3 yards sideway passes in midfield before playing it back to your centre half who sees can he kick it out of the ground.

Rafa is starting to worry me a bit his interviews are starting to remind me a bit of Houlliers in his last season her.

Even stranger that Gerrard said basically the exact same thing in his post match interview when we were obviously complete and utter tripe tonight.
      scouseuk
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | -3 
      Reply #173: Jan 26, 2010 11:18:48 pm
      no kidding
      rafa houllier
      r they twins
      jez if thats what we got then give up now
      shambolic  lucas ?????? kill the fooker
      what else can rafa  say or do to turn it around
       errrmmmm leave  !!!!! now
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,118 posts | 3370 
      Reply #174: Jan 26, 2010 11:19:37 pm
      I'm sitting here and not actually feeling anything. I'm not angry, I'm not annoyed, I'm not shocked. I'm just feeling nothing, it's as if the match hasn't taken place yet and it's gonna kick off in a couple of days.

But anyway it's another two points dropped and we can point the finger at this tactic or that substitution or whatever but the truth is the team we sent out is probably the best eleven we had available to us. We're not gonna change the system, so it's actually a waste of time shouting blue murder that we're playing with two holding midfielders. That's the system we implement and it's a system that in recent weeks (as well as during large parts of previous seasons, and during our six straight wins early this season) has served us well.

We weren't threatening enough from what I heard on the radio, but sometimes those games happen. We have no god given right to just turn up at these sort of grounds and win. Even Liverpool Football Club have to earn three points, I know it was a shock to me when I found out as well. And tonight we didn't do enough to earn three points because unlike the game at Villa Park we didn't take the chance we had.

We did get another clean sheet, our fourth in our last five Premiership games. And that's where to build from, every side is built from the back. We're seeing a more settled back four now with Carra, Marty, Greek and Insua and of course the ever impressing Reina in goal. That's a start. And it's putting us in good stead at the back having this settled defence. It's also served the rest of the team well as it's now five League games without defeat.

As much as we'd liked to of won tonight, we didn't. There's no real point in dwelling on that either, we have to take it on the chin and push onto the next game. And hopefully it will be the same back four because all four are looking somewhat decent of late. Now we've got a steady base from which to build on as well as a little run of games without defeat, the best is still to come from this club. We have something to build on. We've even got competition for a few places now which is healthy.

So while tonight was another, shall we say, below par performance there's something there for us. Next up is a home game against Bolton which is what now should be our focus rather than tonight. Tonight's gone, we can't alter the scoreline now. We drew 0-0. Brush ourselves down and get ready for Owen Coyle's Bolton side.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #175: Jan 26, 2010 11:27:47 pm
      That system barring a couple of matches has not served us well, we have never before this season played with 2 defensive midfielders, Alonso was a creative midfielder he is gone and has been replaced by another defensive midfielder.

It is actually ridiculous and no other team in Europe plays this system with two defensive midfielders. Nothing will change till Rafa changes this system we will bumble along for the rest of the season we will probably beat Utd but do F**k all else.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #176: Jan 26, 2010 11:28:09 pm
      Rafa does make some odd choices which I don't understand such as the choice of Gerrard or Acquilani...find another way of playing them both.  But turning on Rafa in a kneejerk reaction is daft too.  The players didn't play well collectively not just one or two.  Where Rafa falls down is not making the subs that will change the game!!!
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #177: Jan 26, 2010 11:33:25 pm
      Thought Kyrgiakos was brilliant again. My man of the match.
      Redhands
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      • SingforElNinoChorum&Liverpool Fantasies
      Reply #178: Jan 26, 2010 11:34:58 pm
      It's hardly abt any system. the refs&filth conspiring v/s the Grand Team is w@'s frustrating. I read on clubsite, Rafa&Kenny talking abt making the last step to 10/10. Impressive how the journo-whores hacks can't get @'em!!
      Tomkins said it too, "crisis? what crisis?"
      even if sold every1 &played 11 lames& a dunce as manager, Liverpool is still the best. wen we die4titles, we can go&buy'em like chelsick.
      If u wondering wher we get such pleasure in walking through the storm, read the vanished Prince Vokvyvorta's talks
      idwLFC89
      • Banned

• 252 posts | 11 
      Reply #179: Jan 26, 2010 11:36:05 pm
      Someone please tell me why Aquilani and Degen didn't start this game. They were monsters for us against Spurs on Wednesday. It's not like this match wasn't a must win, for christ sakes they're all must wins now!

I don't understand Rafa, I personally think he's a stubborn git

should he be sacked? I dunno, I'm not there everyday seeing the workings of the club. But I feel like Rafa's stuck in his ways and that might be his downfall.

tear into me if you want, I don't care, results speak for themselves and right now we're not getting any
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2010 11:47:57 pm by idwLFC89 »
      Redhands
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      • SingforElNinoChorum&Liverpool Fantasies
      Reply #180: Jan 26, 2010 11:36:47 pm

Thought Kyrgiakos was brilliant again. My man of the match.
      don't like the sound of this. We had to do so much defending? didn't get2watch
      james08kop
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -2 
      Reply #181: Jan 26, 2010 11:39:02 pm
      FIVE GAMES UNDEFEATED
      FIVE GAMES UNDEFEATED
      FIVE GAMES UNDEFEATED
      we are on a roll
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #182: Jan 26, 2010 11:40:41 pm
       don't like the sound of this. We had to do so much defending? didn't get2watch

Yeah we were terrible. Didn't create anything really.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #183: Jan 26, 2010 11:41:35 pm
      Most Level headed post in here tonight DLS.

Quick Reply