Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Rafael Benitez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift

Read 25146 times
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: Rafael Benitez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over anfield rift
      Reply #69: May 01, 2010 02:34:53 pm
      We've beaten Chelsea, Arsenal, Mancs, Inter, Ac milan, Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Deportivo, Benfica, Porto, Bayer Leverkusen, Monaco, Bordaux, Marseille, Olympiakos, PSV, Galatasaray, BeÅŸiktaÅŸ. Name the side, and we've probably beaten them.

Rafa is far from perfect, but he's doing a damn good job considering the circumstances. He's done some poor signings, but so has every other manager in the world. Difference is, if you do it at liverpool it's much more noticeable. Hargreaves hasn't played for a couple seasons now, he cost the mancs about 20 million. Berbatov for 30 million, what a joke! Anderson 15 million. Chelsea spent 8 million on Deco, Mikel 16, Shevchenko 30, Wright Phillips 21. Arsenal's fox in the box Jeffers 8 million, and Reyes 13 million.

He's under a lot of pressure our manager, but he's doing his best. And he absolutely loves the club and it's fans. And from he took over and until this season he's been taking us in one direction, and we were getting better and better. But the lack of transfer funds available since 2007 is having a huge effect, and we're suffering for it now. I'm a 100% sure that with better funds, we would be challenging by now. Tottenhams squad is 60 million more expensive than ours. Give Rafa 60 million and i guarantee we would have been past them, Villa, Man city and maybe even Arsenal.

And who do people want as a replacement if w he were to leave?
      - Mourinho would never come here without a lot of funds for building a new team.
      - King Kenny has been out of the game a long time.
      - Martin O'neill, decent manager when it comes to the premier league. But will never make it as a manager with 60+ games a season.At the End He's a c**t.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #70: May 01, 2010 02:38:59 pm
      Rafael Benitez will leave Liverpool when he knows he's lost the support of the fans,or when he gets a life changing pay-off.He'll never be short of work,so he is in the driving street.I am convinced that he is not the sort to walk away after 1 mediocre season,with piss poor owners,and who the f*ck are Juventus anyway?

One mediocre season? We haven't won a trophy for four years.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #71: May 01, 2010 02:40:54 pm

Neither have Arsenal, haven't heard their fans calling for Arsene's head!!

Davie Moyes must be shitting it as well, but then again Rafa hasn't got class and dignity like Gollum has he?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #72: May 01, 2010 02:45:35 pm

05 European cup
      06 fa cup
      07 European cup final
      08 nothing to show for it but a decent season
      09 Runners up in the prem league should have won it

So yeah 1 mediocre/poor season is a fair comment
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #73: May 01, 2010 02:45:49 pm

So finishing 4 points off the title last season wasn't an improvement?

Success is measured in trophies I guess, but at the same time you need to take into account we have improved. We have a flourishing youth system at the moment with plenty of potential first teamers in it. We came so close to the title last season.

I know we've had a bad season but hey every team has their ups and downs.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #74: May 01, 2010 02:45:55 pm
      Please don't leave Rafa

We will get rid of them cun*ts buy who you want, buy who the fans want

Please stay, your the best and im worrying that we are going for a big rollercoaster of a ride.
      sonicgeeza
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      • Our History Is Untouchable
      Reply #75: May 01, 2010 02:46:17 pm

So Arsenal should get rid of Wenger? We've been a darn sight closer to multiple trophies over the past four years than he has, including the ultimate prize - the premier league title.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #76: May 01, 2010 02:47:21 pm
      Considering he's only been here a couple of weeks, I'd say it was more H&G + Purslow. All the sh*t about transfer budgets were lies and I think now we know what Hicks meant by "big summer."

I wouldn't disagree HR; my thoughts on Purslow are well enough documented but i'm thinking Broughton may have been the catalyst in the (apparently) swift breakdown. Add to that the fact that he hasn't yet brought himself to meet Rafa and......... well, you get what i'm saying.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #77: May 01, 2010 02:47:53 pm
      Personally I think Arsene is on borrowed time unless he brings a trophy back next year. Moyes has brought Everton up from mediocrity to contenders. We are going backwards. Yes i agree the boardroom is in turmoil, and that must be a nightmare for Rafa to have such a poor working relationship with his superiors. But on the flip side of that theres been so many questionable decisions made by him, so many poor signings in addition to the players that we've had and let go. Such as Bellamy, Crouch, Alonso etc.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #78: May 01, 2010 02:51:34 pm
      05 European cup
      06 fa cup
      07 European cup final
      08 nothing to show for it but a decent season
      09 Runners up in the prem league should have won it

So yeah 1 mediocre/poor season is a fair comment

Runners up, Cup Final etc....
      Nobody remembers the losers mate, only the winners.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #79: May 01, 2010 02:54:34 pm
      Oh Leave it you WUM.

Reaching European cup final,Semis,Going neck to neck with Manc last year etc etc makes all these season's poor?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #80: May 01, 2010 02:57:22 pm
      Moyes has brought Everton up from mediocrity to contenders.

Contenders of what exactly?  
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #81: May 01, 2010 03:00:34 pm
      Oh Leave it you WUM.

Reaching European cup final,Semis,Going neck to neck with Manc last year etc etc makes all these season's poor?

Can't you have a debate without being offensive?

Anyway back on topic, yes i believe that a trophy less year should be a year for growth. A couple of years would mean that theres been some poor decisions. Four years is unacceptable. Rafa is not getting the best out of the players he's got, he has made very poor signings and let some quality players go unreplaced. For me that is bad management.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #82: May 01, 2010 03:02:12 pm

I don't remember them competeing for Europe prior to his arrival, he also inherited a much worse squad than Rafa did. Fair point?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #83: May 01, 2010 03:05:29 pm
      Not looking for a 'discussion' of Rafa's merits, it's all been done. Nor about what matters more, Rafa or club, nor about finances, players, stadium, or even our screwed up, divided 'support'.

This club is finished. Heart and soul destroyed by lack of understanding, lack of care, no foresight, no more class.

Many have played their part in this - long may you hold your heads in shame.

27 years, highest highs, lowest lows of my life.

The 'club' will go on, naturally. Its incredible journey, though, is over.

He was our last hope in all this mess, our last connection with what was right about Liverpool Football Club.

So F***ing angry. I F***ing despair.

On Sunday I hope those who still know what LFC is/was all about do something to mark the occasion, and recognise the contributions of Senor Rafael Benitez in giving us, in these times of shallow, soulless decline, a glimpse of what we used to be.

Gracias Rafa.

Nunca caminaras solo.

As for the rest, those who sold this club's soul - so many - go to hell.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #84: May 01, 2010 03:09:15 pm
      Can't you have a debate without being offensive?

Anyway back on topic, yes i believe that a trophy less year should be a year for growth. A couple of years would mean that theres been some poor decisions. Four years is unacceptable. Rafa is not getting the best out of the players he's got, he has made very poor signings and let some quality players go unreplaced. For me that is bad management.

Were's the lad being offensive and as for the letting quality players go - how many times have we got to say this.

BELLAMY WAS SOLD TO HELP FUND TORRES

CROUCH WAS SOLD BECAUSE HE WANTED TO LEAVE TO KEEP HIS PLACE IN THE ENGLAND TEAM

ALONSO WAS SOLD TO PAY OFF SOME OF THOSE VERY BIG DEBTS WE HAVE BEEN LUMBERED WITH BY THOSE TWO tw*ts.

If you love Moyes so much, you'll know where F***ing Goodison Park is won't you.

Now that's F***ing offensive!!
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #85: May 01, 2010 03:09:36 pm
      Imo I dont think Rafa would leave.
      I mean why would he resign players with the likes of Gerrard, Torres, Riena, etc. and now having talks with Masch?
      Rafa leaving the club would makes those players in a way trapped and lower morale and so on.
      Would he do that to his beloved club? The one who once said he's married to Liverpool?
      Im sure he respects the squad?
      So to leave or to not to leave? I think we know the answer.
      The media likes to f**k around words or somewhat.
      Although, if rafa does leave, you cant blame him for the shythead yanks.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #86: May 01, 2010 03:13:42 pm
      Were's the lad being offensive and as for the letting quality players go - how many times have we got to say this.

BELLAMY WAS SOLD TO HELP FUND TORRES

CROUCH WAS SOLD BECAUSE HE WANTED TO LEAVE TO KEEP HIS PLACE IN THE ENGLAND TEAM

ALONSO WAS SOLD TO PAY OFF SOME OF THOSE VERY BIG DEBTS WE HAVE BEEN LUMBERED WITH BY THOSE TWO tw*ts.

If you love Moyes so much, you'll know where f**king Goodison Park is won't you.

Now that's f**king offensive!!

Alright then big boy, why would you pay £20m for Aquilani and then leave him in the stands for a season? Deluded isn't the word my friend, blinded by the love of Red has made you lose all conhesion of what is acceptable on a football pitch.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #87: May 01, 2010 03:17:29 pm
      I don't remember them competing for Europe prior to his arrival, he also inherited a much worse squad than Rafa did. Fair point?

I remember them competing for everything from the mid 80's into the 90's.  They would have played in the European cup in 85 and 87 except English clubs were banned from playing after Heysel.  Maybe you aren't old enough to remember these things mate.  
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #88: May 01, 2010 03:17:37 pm
      Alright then big boy, why would you pay £20m for Aquilani and then leave him in the stands for a season? Deluded isn't the word my friend, blinded by the love of Red has made you lose all conhesion of what is acceptable on a football pitch.

We'll just ignore the fact that even Aquilani has said that he's still getting some reaction to his injury after playing.  
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #89: May 01, 2010 03:25:55 pm

There called gloryhunters
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,639 posts | 131 
      Reply #90: May 01, 2010 03:26:29 pm
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #91: May 01, 2010 03:29:35 pm

20million? You do realise he has cost us 8million so far? Any ideas on who we could have replaced Alonso with for 4million? That was the initial down payment for our midfield player.

Quick Reply