Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Pitch invasion at hull game ?

Read 11165 times
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 916 posts |
      Pitch invasion at hull game ?
      May 09, 2010 07:17:37 pm
      if anyone happened to get a decent link to the hull game , and watched beyond the final whistle there was a pitch invasion where steven gerrard was mobbed by hundreads of people , can anybody shed some light on this ?
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Re: Pitch invasion at hull game ?
      Reply #1: May 09, 2010 07:21:47 pm
      I seen a load of people run on, but didn't see Stevie. There was a fight afterwards in the crowd too, but I have no idea what caused it.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2: May 09, 2010 07:22:43 pm
      Quoting Yahoo on this.

" There's a pitch invasion, some Hull fans to give hugs to their players after their brave fight against the drop, some Liverpool fans circling Gerrard to take pics and even touch him. Gerrard's not happy about the attention and shoves one of the would-be pals away as he jogs off."
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #3: May 09, 2010 07:22:52 pm
      By the Hull fans or ours?
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 916 posts |
      Reply #4: May 09, 2010 07:23:21 pm
      yeah everyone seemed to be crowding Stevie , its a bit weird i think , maybe have to wait untill one of our fellow reds who was at the game comes online and tells us a little more . looked like out fans because they where all patting gerrard on the back , not sure though you never know could have been some very steven gerrard fanatic hull fans in the crowd :D
      oh good find there from yahoo ,
      seems that way but would have thought it would have had a positive effect on gerrard
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: May 09, 2010 07:27:11 pm
      He shoved no one away. I saw it myself. They all harassed him and guards came to help him out.

Was sad to see.
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #6: May 09, 2010 07:29:01 pm
      I dont blame Stevie, after a disapointing season, and i know he knows he hasnt be up to scratch, the last thing you would want is to be mobbed after a bore draw against a future championship side.

If I was him I wouldnt have wanted to be mobbed either, I dont think people should read too much into this, emotions were always going to be high on the final day of the season.

Still disapointing to see fans act like this, especially on a game that meant nothing to either team.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #7: May 09, 2010 07:29:41 pm
      Very professional by Steven then. He had all the Hull idiots who'd ran onto the pitch pushing and trying to get hold of him but he just ignored them. Not to mention they must've have been having a few verbal swipes at him too.

Strange how they invaded the pitch having just been relegated.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 916 posts |
      Reply #8: May 09, 2010 07:30:01 pm
      in that case that looks really bad then , hes not going to be happy but i suppose when you are as big as him things like this will happen .... he knows this probably by now . the same sort of thing happened to Jamie carragher at a hillsbough memorial in seaforth park as soon as he was on his way back to his car there where people mobbing him for a photo and autograph . its not fair these people are only people as well , yes they are hero's but you cant over do it.
      ynwa09
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #9: May 09, 2010 07:52:24 pm
      I dont blame Stevie, after a disapointing season, and I know he knows he hasnt be up to scratch, the last thing you would want is to be mobbed after a bore draw against a future championship side.

If I was him I wouldnt have wanted to be mobbed either, I dont think people should read too much into this, emotions were always going to be high on the final day of the season.

Still disapointing to see fans act like this, especially on a game that meant nothing to either team.

Very good post mate,

I watched the lap of anfield at the end of the chelsea game and he was being followed by the camera man to which stevie g did not really go much on and said a few words.You could see he was not happy
      djdan
      • Banned

• 189 posts | -30 
      Reply #10: May 09, 2010 08:02:36 pm
      He shoved no one away. I saw it myself. They all harassed him and guards came to help him out.

Was sad to see.

He did.

But after doing so, he ran off with his hands held high..
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #11: May 09, 2010 08:05:38 pm
      That is by far the worst idea if you want to thank a player. Gerrard is still in game mode and it's threatening to have hundreds of people around you. I hope no one was hurt.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #12: May 09, 2010 08:07:24 pm
      Wanke*s 1 and all. Invade the pitch no matter what the occasion is wrong
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #13: May 09, 2010 08:17:41 pm

Was sad to see.

Erh was just on sky showing him shoving someone.. i guess lfc fans see what they wanna see
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #14: May 09, 2010 08:19:02 pm
      Erh was just on sky showing him shoving someone.. I guess lfc fans see what they wanna see

Are you not an LFC fan then?

I haven't seen it yet so I am in no position to comment.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #15: May 09, 2010 08:21:58 pm
      Erh was just on sky showing him shoving someone.. I guess lfc fans see what they wanna see
      You said it?  Manc or Bitter?
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #16: May 09, 2010 08:24:32 pm

I am guessing a Bitter. Mancs wouldn't dare show their faces on this forum today.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #17: May 09, 2010 08:25:41 pm
      I am guessing a Bitter. Mancs wouldn't dare show their faces on this forum today.
      Very true.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #18: May 09, 2010 08:36:38 pm
      Not really sure what a 'bitter' is but if its a fan whose bitter about the state of the club and the behaviour of some of the players then yeh im bitter as f**k.

What I was alluding too and probably should have made clearer was that some lfc fans are showing too much blind faith through this mess we're in not realising how sever the situation is and its possible implications. When the club captain is shoving people after games its not good press for the club although I think a pitch invasion is unacceptable in this day and age.

I just keep hearing the same sh*t like Torres will never leave and people blaming rafa for every financial problem. Im still seeing fans talking about getting David villa this summer??! I think a lot of the lfc fans dont appreciate the severity of our current situation. The club is operating on a day to day basis only financed by the banks on strict conditions. The club is essentially being run by accountants and having being made redundant from a massive company myself this year I know that it can be the beginning of the end. Ive experienced this situation when just weeks before was told by accountants was impossible for the company to close.

Apologies for the one liner which didnt express my true concerns at the situation but tired of other lfc fans seeing what they wanna see and not facing up to the harsh realities we face imo
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #19: May 09, 2010 08:55:18 pm
      Not really sure what a 'bitter' is but if its a fan whose bitter about the state of the club and the behaviour of some of the players then yeh im bitter as f**k.

What I was alluding too and probably should have made clearer was that some lfc fans are showing too much blind faith through this mess we're in not realising how sever the situation is and its possible implications. When the club captain is shoving people after games its not good press for the club although I think a pitch invasion is unacceptable in this day and age.

I just keep hearing the same sh*t like Torres will never leave and people blaming rafa for every financial problem. Im still seeing fans talking about getting David villa this summer??! I think a lot of the lfc fans dont appreciate the severity of our current situation. The club is operating on a day to day basis only financed by the banks on strict conditions. The club is essentially being run by accountants and having being made redundant from a massive company myself this year I know that it can be the beginning of the end. Ive experienced this situation when just weeks before was told by accountants was impossible for the company to close.

Apologies for the one liner which didnt express my true concerns at the situation but tired of other lfc fans seeing what they wanna see and not facing up to the harsh realities we face imo

So, all these threads that are about our finances, the need to get rid of our owners, the horror of having to sell our players, and you think that we don't realize the severity of the situation? There is a big difference of being positive and having blind faith. Everyone on these forums knows what is going on and don't want to waste their time dreading about what they can't control. The best way to support our club is to show support and be positive. As for Gerrard pushing the fan, don't you think you would to in the same situation? That is a very threatening ordeal, have you not seen thousands of highlights of fans attacking players on the pitch? Not good press? You think we are getting good press nowadays anyway. We are LFC and whatever happens, happens. I will support our manager, our players, and my fellow fans. I know you might be venting through a terrible season, which I completely understand. I am just giving you my opinion.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #20: May 09, 2010 08:58:39 pm

;D Sorry that line made me laugh.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #21: May 09, 2010 09:08:53 pm
      Pushed a fan away did he ? If I was out there, and someone came running towards me after the season we've had, even in a red shirt, I wouldn't be sure if it was for good or bad. He would have been chinned, no doubt about that. He got off lightly in my opinion.
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #22: May 09, 2010 09:14:05 pm

Quick Reply